PDA

View Full Version : Containment????

egyptian420
10-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Does our D know of this concept? We have ZERO outside containment...it seemed like Cleveland was constantly bouncing the ball on the outside on every damn play and we couldn't contain it for s###

Not only that, but our guys can't shake off blocks for the life of them. Everytime they ran a screen play, I'd see our entire defense getting blocked. They couldn't shake off a block for the life of them.

Last but not least, our pass rush Blows!!!

I am happy as heck that we won and I am grateful and thankful for a Giants win on thanksgiving, but this was kind of ugly defensively. Offensively however, we were Clutch! That one pick Eli threw shouldn't have even counted because it was a blatant penalty.

Kase-1
10-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Not nearly as bad as last week when we couldnt stay in our defensive lanes to save our lives

slipknottin
10-07-2012, 10:54 PM
I counted 5 missed tackles from Blackburn on Richardson.

That probably doesnt help.

Cloud57
10-07-2012, 10:57 PM
I counted 5 missed tackles from Blackburn on Richardson.

That probably doesnt help.

Blackburn is a good player but he's slow as with other members of this defense, that's why we always look terrible against speedy RBs

slipknottin
10-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Blackburn is a good player

I disagree. Hes smart and usually in the right position, but he really should not be playing significant snaps.

egyptian420
10-07-2012, 11:07 PM
No kidding, Blackburn showed some pretty bad tackling today....I remember very specifically one where he had the ballcarrier by his legs but just didn't wrap them up and he got away and got a huge gain

I lost my mind when I seen that but then he got that pick in the endzone so I can't stay mad

slipknottin
10-07-2012, 11:08 PM
I lost my mind when I seen that but then he got that pick in the endzone so I can't stay mad

To me, I cant watch a player play poorly all game, then forgive him because he makes one good play. Id rather have a player who makes all those tackles and helps shut down the run then a guy who makes one positive play a game.