PDA

View Full Version : WR Rueben Randle showcases talents

RoanokeFan
10-07-2012, 09:47 PM
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/WR-Rueben-Randle-showcases-talent/25dd0f83-f8e7-437a-8a91-9e4b660dfcd7

Excerpt: "Tom Coughlin said it.

Eli Manning texted it

Sunday would be s Randle's opportunity.

A high probability all week, there was little surprise when injured wide receivers and were officially ruled out of Week 5s contest against the Browns due to injuries. Thus the Giants had time to prep players who were waiting in the wings. Players like the rookie Randle.

Manning took it a step further and set up a one-on-one film session with him on Thursday. It was the first time the two had met like that.

He texted me, Randle recalled of the meeting which he said took about a half hour. He said he was going to be watching film and I should come join him so I said I would be in there with him. We went in there and watched a lot of their blitzes and third down, things like that just to be on the same page. Read more...

Rusty192
10-07-2012, 09:49 PM
but I thought he didnt have a "good work ethic" or "know the system"

RoanokeFan
10-07-2012, 09:51 PM

He did what needed to be done to put that to rest.

brad
10-07-2012, 10:00 PM
This article says a lot about Eli's leadership... he brought a guy in that was struggling with the perception that he isn't working hard, went through things with him and the end result was a good game. This is a perfect example of Eli making players around him better... not to take anything from Randle, he came out and showed he belongs on this team and that he has the ability to be a major impact long and short term.

Rusty192
10-07-2012, 10:01 PM
He did what needed to be done to put that to rest.Agreed. I always felt that if he got his chance, he'd shine.

Randle>Barden

miked1958
10-07-2012, 10:49 PM
God job by RR stepping up and helping set up those TDs!!

RoanokeFan
10-07-2012, 11:11 PM
I've been very impressed with Eli's ability to spread the ball around A LOT

Toadofsteel
10-07-2012, 11:16 PM
I've been very impressed with Eli's ability to spread the ball around A LOT

This. Eli threw the ball to 7 different people, and that was without Nicks or Barden. Cruz, Randle, Hixon, Bradshaw, Unicorn, Bear, and even freaking Jernigan had a completion.

RoanokeFan
10-07-2012, 11:21 PM
This. Eli threw the ball to 7 different people, and that was without Nicks or Barden. Cruz, Randle, Hixon, Bradshaw, Unicorn, Bear, and even freaking Jernigan had a completion.

When you list the "whos" it's even more impressive

Toadofsteel
10-07-2012, 11:28 PM
When you list the "whos" it's even more impressive

Not to mention we threw the ball 37 times. It's not like we were doing a 60-pass game. With Bradshaw having a career game today, I wouldn't expect otherwise...

Antwuan
10-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Randle looked good.

The way he plays his style is similar to Hakeem Nicks just the way he catches the ball & route running.

RoanokeFan
10-07-2012, 11:31 PM
Not to mention we threw the ball 37 times. It's not like we were doing a 60-pass game. With Bradshaw having a career game today, I wouldn't expect otherwise...

I may well be the offense will have to carry the load next week. Anxious to see if Nicks will be ready to go as well as Hosley and Bernard

CDN_G-FAN
10-08-2012, 01:12 AM

he played well.

that 'praise' he was getting wasn't exactly glowing.

"i'll have to see the rest of the game to see what that was all about....."

sounds like a head coach who's happy with his play but wants to keep a fire under his ***.

the announcers even admitted that he's still not running option routes right now.

so i hope he keeps contributing like this, but lets not make it seem like these rumors we were hearing weren't true.

nycsportzfan
10-08-2012, 05:48 AM
I'm telling ya, ELI can make anyone look good! I mean, kudos to Rueben Randle, but this guy(eli) is putting up big games with guys dating back to Plax, Toom, Hixon, S.Smith(hasen't done squat since leaving eli), Nicks, Mario, Cruz, Boss(hasen't done squat since leaving ELI), Bennett(didn't do squat in dallas), Barden...etc

I'm not saying they all are super consistent at all, but hes had a monster game with those guys at some point.. Meaning either a 100plus yrd game, a couple tds in same game, or a bunch of catches, or mixtures of the 3... I dont know if were flat out genius's with getting wideouts or TE's of lower value and turning em into very qualtiy players, or ELI and our pass protection are the reason.. This is getting nuts!!!lol

Captain Chaos
10-08-2012, 06:15 AM
He played against a suspect secondary and did what he should have done, caught some balls. That said, I would like to see him replicate this in another game, not sure when that chance will appear again for him!

TuckandRolle
10-08-2012, 10:46 AM
He's a rookie, give him some time to develop his NFL talents! He'll be solid for us, and has a very high ceiling.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 10:53 AM
keep it going Randle....it has started for you now its up to you stay the course....

TheAnalyst
10-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Agreed. I always felt that if he got his chance, he'd shine.

Randle>Barden

Oh Jesus Chistmas.... Stop with the Barden HATE! Ramses stepped up when his number was called, let it go.

Rusty192
10-09-2012, 03:07 AM
I wouldnt call it hate. Randle is just a better player imo. Plus it has taken 4 years for Ramses to show anything. Randle was on his 5th game. And I'm not even sure how many he was actually active for.

GiantRoc
10-09-2012, 03:30 AM
Give him a pat on the back. Some good catches with guys all over him. Yeah 1 bad drop, but who hasn't had those. Concerns? Yeah a couple. Not a lot of separation against a rookie, and more body catches than hand catches. I see way more upside. Good game speed experience. It will only get better IMO.

giantsfan420
10-09-2012, 03:36 AM
Give him a pat on the back. Some good catches with guys all over him. Yeah 1 bad drop, but who hasn't had those. Concerns? Yeah a couple. Not a lot of separation against a rookie, and more body catches than hand catches. I see way more upside. Good game speed experience. It will only get better IMO.

what? i gotta dsagree. i thought randle was getting seperation, a couple of routes he got completely wide open. him n eli need to work on the endzone fade tho, they werent on the same page, timing looked off on that one.
and with his drop, i cant blame him really, he got wide open, and the db was closing in on him and i think it affected his line of sight on the ball. plus eli prob could have led him more but eh cant really complain, he looked like jr said, nfl ready and similar to nicks

giantsfan420
10-09-2012, 03:37 AM
randle also seems to draw PI penalties or illegal contact penalties...thats another positive to take frm the game, that the db's couldnt handle him at all really and had to foul him

ALLnygIN
10-09-2012, 10:05 AM
I am soo glad we have Eli Manning. I mean it doesn't get much better in skill and leadership. He really is exceptional.

gumby74
10-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Bump for Randle. He should have gotten more respect for his performance. He has, just not enough imo.

Giants5699
10-09-2012, 10:37 AM
So how many receivers do we have stepping up and making plays now?
1 Cruz
2 Nicks
3 Bennett
4 Barden
5 Hixon
6 Randle

Have we ever in the history of the Giants had 6 guys put up over 100 yards in a game before? This will probably happen by the end of the season...

embeshAtYa
10-09-2012, 11:30 AM
This gives me a real sense of how horrible S. Moss was