PDA

View Full Version : David Wilson's TD (Video)

ReiRiza
10-07-2012, 09:05 PM
I know Snappin puts up the highlights, but I thought we all would want to get another look at this.

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Wilson-40-yard-TD/fb12be71-755d-47db-be4c-de1c3947dbd3

brad
10-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Good blocking by the line... but wow, he exploded through that hole and was gone before the defense could even react!

ReiRiza
10-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Yeah that was why the Giants drafted him. Can't wait till he does that when it counts the most.

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Yeah that was why the Giants drafted him. Can't wait till he does that when it counts the most.he is .............

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHsRU5KV3V5ys4yQ0vjrHjR_tGm72PV l66KfrPaNnyg6P9CgekBw

slipknottin
10-07-2012, 09:38 PM
If that doesnt get him out of the doghouse I am not going to be happy.

Good game for the 2012 draft class. Kuhn had a very solid game, Randle with a big day. Hosley hopefully is healthy for the 9ers game.

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-07-2012, 09:39 PM

Good game for the 2012 draft class. Kuhn had a very solid game, Randle with a big day. Hosley hopefully is healthy for the 9ers game.Nicks toooooooo

PRGiant
10-08-2012, 01:17 AM
Nice! I missed the flip when I saw it during the game lol.

juice33s
10-08-2012, 02:04 AM
Good blocking by the line... but wow, he exploded through that hole and was gone before the defense could even react!
"I'll tell you what -- I could literally hear him run by," Snee said of Wilson, "and it sounded pretty fast."

JustinTuckNYG91
10-08-2012, 02:31 AM
"I'll tell you what -- I could literally hear him run by," Snee said of Wilson, "and it sounded pretty fast."

Woosh? Vrooooom? Do a little Photoshop of this pic and insert D. Wilson- http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/news-sonic-boom?image=6

Captain Chaos
10-08-2012, 05:44 AM
Thought some of the rooks had a nice game today....

jomo
10-08-2012, 05:49 AM
"I'll tell you what -- I could literally hear him run by," Snee said of Wilson, "and it sounded pretty fast."His quick darting moves remind me of Tony Dorsett.

CowboysSuck
10-08-2012, 07:55 AM

Good game for the 2012 draft class. Kuhn had a very solid game, Randle with a big day. Hosley hopefully is healthy for the 9ers game.

Ive been saying something similar. Many do not agree and just continue to be condescending. "oh how cute cowboyssuck, you wanna see our new little #1 pick get more carries. Dont worry, its just player development little guy".

Bunch of idiots. Give the guy a series. 1 effin series. maybe 2. thats all. The guy got 2..count it TWO CARRIES the entire game!!!! our #1 pick who took a routine inside handoff 40yds to the house got TWO CARRIES. Unbelivable

CowboysSuck
10-08-2012, 07:58 AM
Wilson is going to give the Giants at least 5 or 6 seasons of pure magic. Hard nose running, amazing flat line speed to take it to the house, great lateral movement and elusiveness. Spins, jumps, the guy has it all. I cant wait for it to be on display in the coming years. I truly believe David Wilson is something special.

Something about the way he looks like he's not running so fast...but is just absolutely torching everyone.

nhpgiantsfan
10-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Ive been saying something similar. Many do not agree and just continue to be condescending. "oh how cute cowboyssuck, you wanna see our new little #1 pick get more carries. Dont worry, its just player development little guy".

Bunch of idiots. Give the guy a series. 1 effin series. maybe 2. thats all. The guy got 2..count it TWO CARRIES the entire game!!!! our #1 pick who took a routine inside handoff 40yds to the house got TWO CARRIES. Unbelivable

It was a nice run, but lets be fair they gave him a huge whole there. All four of our RBs would have easily scored on that play. I can't believe our starting RB ran for 200 yards and the rookie scores a gimmie TD and we have threads calling for him to get more time.

CowboysSuck
10-08-2012, 08:08 AM
It was a nice run, but lets be fair they gave him a huge whole there. All four of our RBs would have easily scored on that play. I can't believe our starting RB ran for 200 yards and the rookie scores a gimmie TD and we have threads calling for him to get more time.

just stop, please.

"omg Bradshaw had 200 yds. And now you want Wilson to get WAY more carries. You want wilson to greatly increase his WORKLOAD. You cant take all these touches away from Bradshaw look, he had 200 yds." blah, blah and some more blah

I dont care the argument, 2...TWO carries simply isnt enough for the talent this guy has. Im NOT SAYING GIVE HIM 20 CARRIES. Give him a series (4-5) handoffs and a few snaps where he doesnt run. Simply so the defense doesnt KNOW for a fact every time hes in the game hes getting the ball.

And btw I love Bradshaw this is nothing against him. At all. I was saying these exact things about #44 in October of 2007 when the Giants refused to give him more than a carry or two a game. Well, they finally pulled their heads out of their asses and we have 1 fine RB. It will happen eventually with Wilson, I wish it would just happen sooner. I mean lest be honest, we all know Wilson is about 95% going to be getting at least HALF the carries next year. And by the '14 season he will be our starter. Im just too excited to wait until 2013 and 2014 damnit!!!!!!

Gimaniac
10-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Flip Wilson, lol

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 09:05 AM

No, much better decision to give Bradshaw 30 carries a game. He is so durable that wont be a problem at all.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Flip Wilson, lol
great pun.....:)

and I loved that show back in the day...."the devil made me do it"....

CowboysSuck
10-08-2012, 09:11 AM
I almost feel like the Giants are kind of planning on Bradshaw getting injured. They are going to run him like a work horse every game until he goes down. At which time they will insert Brown and Wilson.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 09:14 AM
I almost feel like the Giants are kind of planning on Bradshaw getting injured. They are going to run him like a work horse every game until he goes down. At which time they will insert Brown and Wilson.
nah.....
Brown got injured and Bradshaw was kicking ***. Whats the problem?? He can get hurt on any carry. Whether its his first or 30th. This week next ....whenever. They guy has a crappy time running the ball lately. Give it to him and let go have a career day.

CowboysSuck
10-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Either way, the 200yds and kudos should go to our offensive line, Pascoe, and Bennett. They are the unsung heroes of our running game.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Either way, the 200yds and kudos should go to our offensive line, Pascoe, and Bennett. They are the unsung heroes of our running game.
which is exactly what Bradshaw did.....
Eli gave them props
Tuck gave them props..

they are not unsung or unoticed

slipknottin
He can get hurt on any carry.

more carries = more chances to get injured.

Bradshaw was having a great game, no doubt, but there really is no reason they could not have used Wilson more than 2 snaps all game.

CowboysSuck
If David Wilson had the handoff in the same exact play every single time that Bradshaw was given the ball, I think Wilson could have had like 270 yds.

purely hypothetical but interesting to think about

GameTime
10-08-2012, 09:18 AM
more carries = more chances to get injured.

Bradshaw was having a great game, no doubt, but there really is no reason they could not have used Wilson more than 2 snaps all game.
I get it the ratio thing......
it is what it is.....no harm done so move on....

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 09:20 AM
I get it the ratio thing......
it is what it is.....no harm done so move on....

Im not upset about the game, but going forward it needs to change, Wilson needs to get more snaps. This 1 or 2 snaps on offense a game thing is ridiculous.

CowboysSuck
10-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Slipknottin we often to dot agree but I couldn't be happier that someone agrees with my simple point that Wilson deserves more than 2..count it TWO handoffs a game.

CowboysSuck
10-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Lets also not forget the fact that every single play Wilson has been given the handoff, the opposing defense is 99% sure he is getting the ball. This is practically a lose-lose situation for any RB in the league, I dont care if you are Adrian Peterson in his rookie year.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 09:31 AM
Im not upset about the game, but going forward it needs to change, Wilson needs to get more snaps. This 1 or 2 snaps on offense a game thing is ridiculous.

so whats the real complaint...
Bradshaw staying in too long or Wilson not getting enough carries????

No worries the kind will be a dynamic player for this team. They have shown confidence in him as a return guy which requires good hands and ball security and now he has htis run. He will get his chance as RB.

CowboysSuck
10-08-2012, 09:33 AM
The complaint has always been for more touches for Wilson. No one is taking anything away from AB, just that (I think) Wilson deserves more than TWO carries a game.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 09:34 AM
The complaint has always been for more touches for Wilson. No one is taking anything away from AB, just that (I think) Wilson deserves more than TWO carries a game.
and he will

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 09:35 AM
so whats the real complaint...
Bradshaw staying in too long or Wilson not getting enough carries????

Isnt it the same thing? Why overwork the #1 guy and not give the #2 any snaps?

Even when bradshaw was out, and Brown was the #1 they only gave Wilson 1 snap.

If he is a dynamic player, then he needs to get the ball more.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Isnt it the same thing? Why overwork the #1 guy and not give the #2 any snaps?

Even when bradshaw was out, and Brown was the #1 they only gave Wilson 1 snap.

If he is a dynamic player, then he needs to get the ball more.
you think the coaches proabaly have it under control???
I do.....

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 09:40 AM
you think the coaches proabaly have it under control???
I do.....

No, I dont. I cant think of a single first round pick HB that has only 8 attempts in 5 weeks and wasent injured.

And if the argument is that the giants have other better HBs, then why draft him in the first round at all?

GameTime
10-08-2012, 10:17 AM
No, I dont. I cant think of a single first round pick HB that has only 8 attempts in 5 weeks and wasent injured

it starts next week.....you will forget all about this first 5 games for thjis kid.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 10:18 AM
cool.....in tim ehe will be an integral player for the Giants and you will forget all about this. It starts next week........

and if he gets 2 carries again? He has played in 5 games, and has 8 carries. 8.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 10:22 AM
and if he gets 2 carries again? He has played in 5 games, and has 8 carries. 8.
just because he was the first round pick doesnt give him the right to play any amount of carries.
The coaches,IMO, overall know what they are doing. Many 1st rounders dont start or get an appreciable amoubnt of playing time in the begining.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 11:02 AM
just because he was the first round pick doesnt give him the right to play any amount of carries.
The coaches,IMO, overall know what they are doing. Many 1st rounders dont start or get an appreciable amoubnt of playing time in the begining.

not at the HB position. I have honestly never heard of a first round HB who was healthy but only got 8 carries in his first five games. HB is probably the easiest position for a rookie to come in and make an impact.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 11:08 AM
not at the HB position. I have honestly never heard of a first round HB who was healthy but only got 8 carries in his first five games. HB is probably the easiest position for a rookie to come in and make an impact.
maybe with Wilson it wasnt.....still only 5 games in and he had a great return game last week. Seems a bit of an over reaction going on here.
But thats just me....

Imgrate
10-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Its ashame we didn't use our first round pick on a more important position

TheEnigma
10-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Its ashame we didn't use our first round pick on a more important position

Should of traded it for future picks, do the same this year, and then acquire the #1 overall pick in the 2014 draft so we can draft Jadeveon Clowney.

JPP, Clowney, Joseph...Might as well just not show up. A delusional man can dream.

nhpgiantsfan
10-08-2012, 08:42 PM
How about all you geniuses let our head coach who by the way has won us two Superbowls, decide what the kid can handle and when he is ready to handle it. Maybe he is failing on his blocks in practice which is why if he is in the game he always gets the ball. Maybe they fear he will get Eli clobbered. TC and KG know more than all of you that are screaming to get him on the field. You don't know better than the coaches.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 08:45 PM
How about all you geniuses let our head coach who by the way has won us two Superbowls, decide what the kid can handle and when he is ready to handle it. Maybe he is failing on his blocks in practice which is why if he is in the game he always gets the ball. Maybe they fear he will get Eli clobbered. TC and KG know more than all of you that are screaming to get him on the field. You don't know better than the coaches.

clearly the coaches of the Giants dont know what they are doing. Wilson is the number 1 pick so he should get 10 carries a game no matter what or else his draft is not worth it.

brad
10-08-2012, 08:47 PM

Sure, we could go with that philosophy, that way every thread on here says "Coughlin knows all, no need to discuss anything".

Fans like to discuss different scenarios and second guess things, no disrespect is intended (for most of us anyway). But seriously, if you don't think we should discuss anything, a DISCUSSION FORUM is probably not the best place for you to be... just saying.

jintsfan666
10-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Many 1st rounders don't start or get an appreciable amount of playing time in the beginning.

​Especially if they play for Tom Coughlin.

giantsfan420
10-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Wilson is going to give the Giants at least 5 or 6 seasons of pure magic. Hard nose running, amazing flat line speed to take it to the house, great lateral movement and elusiveness. Spins, jumps, the guy has it all. I cant wait for it to be on display in the coming years. I truly believe David Wilson is something special.

Something about the way he looks like he's not running so fast...but is just absolutely torching everyone.

good analysis. he reminds me so much of gayle sayers

BlueSanta
10-08-2012, 11:57 PM
TC is using the same formula for RBs he always has. I expect by mid/ late season we will see more of Wilson just like we saw more of Bradshaw in 2007 late in the season after predominantly being a kickoff returner early.

I do not think he will change his formula simply because Wilson is a 1st round pick. I look forward to seeing more of him.

GiantRoc
10-09-2012, 12:55 AM
The most impressive thing to me was when he was through the line. The saftey was just out of arms reach. Within 5 yards, Wilson was almost 5 yards away from him. Can't get anymore explosive than that. This kid is going to be amazing. Let's get him the ball!!!

giantsfan420
10-09-2012, 01:23 AM
yea true giantroc. i havent seen a d give up on the play knowing it was a TD so early. it was like as soon as he got through the hole, the cleveland d knew he was gone....that was an awesome run.

wilson should be an awesome change of pace back from bradshaw/brown. wilson has like 3 more gears than those two and he gets to top speed so fast. its like a lightning strike when he's in open space. gone in a flash.

slipknottin
10-09-2012, 08:15 AM
TC is using the same formula for RBs he always has. I expect by mid/ late season we will see more of Wilson just like we saw more of Bradshaw in 2007 late in the season after predominantly being a kickoff returner early.

I do not think he will change his formula simply because Wilson is a 1st round pick. I look forward to seeing more of him.

pretty sure they saw more of bradshaw at the end of 2007 because they lost Ward.

giantsfam04
10-09-2012, 08:40 AM
I am a huge Bradshaw fan, the guy runs with a case of little angry man syndrome. I will say that there was a run he had that went up the left sideline and you could tell he was pushing hard to break away but his legs didn't have the juice to do it. I can only speculate that if Wilson breaks that run its a td, does anyone else know the play I am talking about.

giantsfam04
10-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Saw his highlight video and in the 3rd quarter at the 7:45 mark the run he breaks off is the one I am talking about.

slipknottin
10-09-2012, 08:46 AM
I am a huge Bradshaw fan, the guy runs with a case of little angry man syndrome. I will say that there was a run he had that went up the left sideline and you could tell he was pushing hard to break away but his legs didn't have the juice to do it. I can only speculate that if Wilson breaks that run its a td, does anyone else know the play I am talking about.

yes, said the same thing when i watched it. bradshaw never really has been a breakaway threat, hes really more of a power back.

GameTime
10-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Wilson is faster than Bradshaw.....we all know that. Wilson's involvement will increase more and more as the season wears on.

giantsfam04
10-09-2012, 09:00 AM
My point was not to state that Wilson is faster, it was more of a statement on how Wilson should get more carries to keep Bradshaw fresh. I apologize for not making it clear.

GameTime
10-09-2012, 09:04 AM
My point was not to state that Wilson is faster, it was more of a statement on how Wilson should get more carries to keep Bradshaw fresh. I apologize for not making it clear.
all good bro....I think as each week passes Wilson will get more involved.....

giantsfam04
10-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Yup that's what im thinking, like bradshaw did in 07 after that run in the buffalo game he saw the field a lot more. Hopefully history is repeating itself.

GameTime
10-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Yup that's what im thinking, like bradshaw did in 07 after that run in the buffalo game he saw the field a lot more. Hopefully history is repeating itself.
I think so. I am not one of the fans flipping out that he hasnt gotten more touches. I feel the coaching staff has a plan and knows what they are doing.
They see alot more of how he plays and what he knows or doesnt know then we do. Plus they have faith in him because he is returing KOs. TC would never have him back there if he didnt trust his hands.

JimC
10-09-2012, 10:25 AM
If David Wilson had the handoff in the same exact play every single time that Bradshaw was given the ball, I think Wilson could have had like 270 yds.

purely hypothetical but interesting to think about

I fail to see the logic in your hypothesis.

BillTheGreek
10-10-2012, 01:24 AM
just stop, please.

"omg Bradshaw had 200 yds. And now you want Wilson to get WAY more carries. You want wilson to greatly increase his WORKLOAD. You cant take all these touches away from Bradshaw look, he had 200 yds." blah, blah and some more blah

I dont care the argument, 2...TWO carries simply isnt enough for the talent this guy has. Im NOT SAYING GIVE HIM 20 CARRIES. Give him a series (4-5) handoffs and a few snaps where he doesnt run. Simply so the defense doesnt KNOW for a fact every time hes in the game hes getting the ball.

And btw I love Bradshaw this is nothing against him. At all. I was saying these exact things about #44 in October of 2007 when the Giants refused to give him more than a carry or two a game. Well, they finally pulled their heads out of their asses and we have 1 fine RB. It will happen eventually with Wilson, I wish it would just happen sooner. I mean lest be honest, we all know Wilson is about 95% going to be getting at least HALF the carries next year. And by the '14 season he will be our starter. Im just too excited to wait until 2013 and 2014 damnit!!!!!!

YOUR 100000% RIGHT !...............................Why wait till the end of the year or next year to use Wilson, He's READY NOW !

TURN HIM LOOSE !