PDA

View Full Version : JPP was not worthy a first round pick

gmenfan0488
10-08-2012, 02:52 AM
kidding, but our pass rush needs to get going. Thomas manhandled JPP today, and osi and tuck need to get involved

JustinTuckNYG91
10-08-2012, 03:26 AM
Thomas showed why he's a 5 time pro bowler. JPP had his hands full with Thomas and against other teams, gets double teamed. That's when we need the others to step up. Formula for other teams right now is to stop JPP and not having to worry too much about the others on the D line with their play of late.

Marvelousmik
10-08-2012, 03:28 AM
lol i knew this had to be a joke before i entered this thread. we definitely need to generate more pressure though

BlueSanta
10-08-2012, 03:42 AM
Our passrush situation is a problem going forward.

Since we have been unhealthy in the secondary, we have been unable to blitz a 5th man very often for fear of the pressure it will put on an inexperienced secondary. This means teams have 5 blockers to our 4 passrushers. In the past ,that was often a situation we thrived in because we had multiple people who could beat 1v 1 matchups. If you commited 2 guys to JPP, then Osi , Kiwi or Tuck would win their 1v1 matchup. Right now, JPP is the ONLY guy who is tough to block 1 v1 and teams are using the 5th blocker to help block him. If Osi , Tuck and Kiwi are unable to defeat their guys 1v1 then we have a problem because teams are going to keep focusing on JPP.

Captain Chaos
10-08-2012, 05:39 AM
Secondary has to buy them a few seconds to get to the QB....

nygfanmaybe
10-08-2012, 07:21 AM
Secondary has to buy them a few seconds to get to the QB....True...but it seems that the plan by the opposition has been to get rid of the ball quick...and it's not rocket surgery. Anybody who has watched the past when they were knocking QB's out of the game every week would eventually say...especially if you are Mike Vick or Cam Newton...I might want to go to my hot read a lot this week.

gumby74
10-08-2012, 09:01 AM
No shame in getting your butt kicked by Joe Thomas, especially only in your 2nd year

GameTime
10-08-2012, 09:04 AM
No shame in getting your butt kicked by Joe Thomas, especially only in your 2nd year
3rd year....but same dif. Thomas is one of the best

Toadofsteel
10-08-2012, 09:46 AM
We need Canty back... he's another guy that draws double teams...

qndarius3
10-08-2012, 10:10 AM
kidding, but our pass rush needs to get going. Thomas manhandled JPP today, and osi and tuck need to get involved

in the words of Keyshawn "CMON MAN"!

But for real, it is more of a reflection of osi/tuck/kiwi. JPP is seeing a lot of attention from opposing offenses and lots of double teams. He is still blocking down passes and getting in on running plays. He is an absolute monster, and is more or less unblockable 1-1. He just doesnt get 1-1 very often HA! Thomas is also a great player.

the other 3 ends need to step it up bigtime. Either way, a big win against a team we couldnt afford a letdown against.

Go Big Blue.

gmenfan0488
10-08-2012, 02:13 PM
in the words of Keyshawn "CMON MAN"!

But for real, it is more of a reflection of osi/tuck/kiwi. JPP is seeing a lot of attention from opposing offenses and lots of double teams. He is still blocking down passes and getting in on running plays. He is an absolute monster, and is more or less unblockable 1-1. He just doesnt get 1-1 very often HA! Thomas is also a great player.

the other 3 ends need to step it up bigtime. Either way, a big win against a team we couldnt afford a letdown against.

Go Big Blue.

I can agree with this. JPP's our only DE who's doing anything this year. but man, Osi and Tuck have sucked. This is probably our biggest problem going forwards, hopefully when Canty comes back, things improve, which they should.

GMan-67
10-08-2012, 02:17 PM
bunch 'o shock friggin jocks on here

we dont win SB 46 without him ... and ask a team like the Eagles how many 1st round picks they would give up for 1 Lombardi trophy ... im guessing between 5 and 10

PETEY006
10-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Maybe Prince needs to throw him into a cold tub to wake him up :p

Moke
10-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Because our defensive line depends on one player only - JPP.

For anyone thinking that JPP has been off his game, e seems to be attacking his man pretty well. It's the rest of the defensive-line that's been awful.

It doesn't take one guy for the defensive-line to be good. When you're rushing one side and getting no help anywhere else(no distribution), JPP will seem like a slacker.

Kendo15
10-08-2012, 02:32 PM
I can agree with this. JPP's our only DE who's doing anything this year. but man, Osi and Tuck have sucked. This is probably our biggest problem going forwards, hopefully when Canty comes back, things improve, which they should.

Fair, but I'd spare Tuck from some criticism in comparison to Osi.
I still think Tuck is trying to get some of the "dirty jobs" done (in terms of contain etc.) but Osi strikes me as only being interested in the Hollywood plays that gets him numbers and kudos.
It's a team game and JPP and Tuck are team players, but the point about getting an effective pass rush is valid, especially with the beat up secondary.

fansince69
10-08-2012, 02:32 PM

Have any of you bashing JPP watched the games? He seems to be attacking his man pretty well. It's the rest of the defensive-line that's been awful.

It doesn't take one guy for the defensive-line to be good. When you're rushing one side and getting no help anywhere else(no distribution), JPP will seem like a slacker.

I must have missed something...I did not see one person in this thread bash JPP...not sure what you mean

Moke
10-08-2012, 02:33 PM
I must have missed something...I did not see one person in this thread bash JPP...not sure what you mean

Edited. It was meant for the sole purpose of people BELIEVING that something might be wrong with JPP.

RoanokeFan
10-08-2012, 02:33 PM

Have any of you bashing JPP watched the games? He seems to be attacking his man pretty well. It's the rest of the defensive-line that's been awful.

It's a group effort with the rest of the group not holding up their end of the deal in some cases.

brad
10-08-2012, 02:39 PM
That's right, because great players make everyone around them better and clearly the guys around him aren't better!

gmenfan0488
10-08-2012, 02:53 PM
this was a sarcastic thread title, JPP's still a beast.