PDA

View Full Version : Alex Smith sprained middle finger

dave56dj
10-08-2012, 05:50 AM
Per profootballtalk.com alex smith has a sprained middle finger on his throwing hand. They are saying he will be fine and it is not a big deal - but any Q will tell you injuries to your throwing hand can be potentially dangerous. If it just hurts him on one or two throws and they come out ducks we may get a pick or two. I don't think this will be the same as romo's hand last year but one never knows.

Also one weapon the giants must be ready for is the wildcat with colin kapernick - kid has been very good this year.

Captain Chaos
10-08-2012, 06:11 AM
Sorry to see that he was injured; however, I really don't think that will make much of a difference on Sunday!

dave56dj
10-08-2012, 06:13 AM
As I mentioned it probably won't - but again any injury to the throwing hand is absolutely worth noting. Again if he throws 25 passes and it effects just one or two it could lead to a big turnover.

Flip Empty
10-08-2012, 06:30 AM
He must've injured it whilst flipping the bird at Buffalo.

Toadofsteel
10-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Kaepernick is just as good as Smith. He was able to out-Tebow Tebow, and unlike Tebow he can actually throw the ball too. And we have struggled with mobile QBs, so I hope Smith plays.

TuckandRolle
10-08-2012, 10:44 AM
He'll be fine for the game next Sunday.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Kaepernick is just as good as Smith. He was able to out-Tebow Tebow, and unlike Tebow he can actually throw the ball too. And we have struggled with mobile QBs, so I hope Smith plays.
how do you know he is a good with the 9's O as Smith is???
Or are you just disrespecting Smith??

Moke
10-08-2012, 11:24 AM
He'll be fine for the game on Sunday. Plus, I'm not that worried about the passing game as much as I am worried about the REAL 3 headed dragon running-game that they got going on over there in San Fran.

BParcells777
10-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Anything will be better than trying to handle that Trent Richardson guy...........he was a problem
I never understood the Frank Gore hype, and Brandon has 1.5 legs

Moke
10-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Anything will be better than trying to handle that Trent Richardson guy...........he was a problem
I never understood the Frank Gore hype, and Brandon has 1.5 legs

When you're using 3 backs to pound the ball and kill the clock, it's very difficult to stop. You are sharing time among 3 backs and they are each getting more of a breather.

Add that with the ability to throw the ball a few yards, that adds up to a very good moving offense, which I'm afraid of.

SF49erfan
10-08-2012, 12:49 PM
So he'll stick only one middle finger up after the game instead of two.

BParcells777
10-08-2012, 12:51 PM
I dont see where this will affect his accuracy........he has none

Moke
10-08-2012, 12:51 PM
So he'll stick only one middle finger up after the game instead of two.

How original dude.

BParcells777
10-08-2012, 12:55 PM
give me a break.......if we play for a run we can stop the run.........throw it deep and Stevie Brown will pick it off

They have a million more things to worry about when WE have the ball

They have had 2 close games with us

This one wont be close........my only worry is Harbaugh will go for our knees in the Victory formation

BeatYale
10-08-2012, 01:11 PM

Smith isn't a statue in the pocket. Didn't he have a few 15+ yard runs in the playoffs last year? Last night he had 49 yards on 3 runs, including a 24 yarder.

Toadofsteel
10-08-2012, 01:12 PM
give me a break.......if we play for a run we can stop the run.........throw it deep and Stevie Brown will pick it off

They have a million more things to worry about when WE have the ball

They have had 2 close games with us

This one wont be close........my only worry is Harbaugh will go for our knees in the Victory formation

Nah... Harbaugh is a fiery coach, but not a scumbag like Schiano.

Either way, it's going to be close, and it's going to be fought in the trenches. Yeah our D-line doesn't look up to it as much anymore, but our O-line seems to have picked up the slack...