PDA

View Full Version : So, who gets the axe for Tyler Sash today? and Chris Canty next week?

drewz
10-08-2012, 05:59 AM
Sash has be to activated by 4pm today, so that means someone will be cut to make room if the Giants want to keep him. So who is it gonna be? Stevie Brown? Not likely, he's been playing great. Justin Tryon? I don't think so either since he's either since our other corners are barely getting by health wise.

Then there's Chris Canty that will have to be activated next week for Week 7, IMO I think there's gonna be a cut somewhere that will surprise people, probably on the offensive side since there are so many injuries to the defense. is JJ on the bubble again?

jomo
10-08-2012, 06:10 AM
Maybe no one for Sash?

BlueSanta
10-08-2012, 06:18 AM
I hope I am very wrong on this, but there is a chance Chris Canty will not be taken off the IR next week. There are rumors that he actually underwent much more invasive surgery than initially reported. According to Garafolo, he evaded answering the question of whether or not he has micro fracture surgery.

If he did, in fact have that surgery. It is VERY unlikely he comes back next week and furthermore, there are going to be questions about his future with the team after this season.

I hope all this is wrong as we sure could use him and soon.

fansince69
10-08-2012, 07:03 AM
Sash has be to activated by 4pm today, so that means someone will be cut to make room if the Giants want to keep him. So who is it gonna be? Stevie Brown? Not likely, he's been playing great. Justin Tryon? I don't think so either since he's either since our other corners are barely getting by health wise.

Then there's Chris Canty that will have to be activated next week for Week 7, IMO I think there's gonna be a cut somewhere that will surprise people, probably on the offensive side since there are so many injuries to the defense. is JJ on the bubble again?

I would agree with this because we are so healthy at WR

kbusch22
10-08-2012, 07:16 AM
I know he's a message board favorite, but I think Ojomo is the most likely to get the axe. As the 5th DE, he's only going to be on the active gameday roster if pressed into duty through injury (like yesterday, where all 7 inactive guys were hurt). There are too many injuries in the secondary, OL, and now even the running game (Brown with his concussion and Bradshaw is always an injury risk) to cut somebody and reduce depth there.

DaKraken
10-08-2012, 07:25 AM
Sash

Captain Chaos
10-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Those are good questions, the answer may surprise. I believe that there is great potential for Sash to be dropped; Hill and Brown have done well. Of course Tyron could be a casualty. I don't think they cut Jernigan; but it could happen (do we really need 6 Wide Receivers?)

For Canty that one is a little harder. Do they stick with 5 DTs or do they go to their standard 4, not likely. Next week will be a big week for the line with Gore (he gives everyone fits). I think Ojomo is a possibility, sure would like to see what he can do in a game before they send him packing (likely put him on the practice squad, where its 50/50 that he will not get picked up by some other team), but they do have Kiwi that can stick his hand on the ground if they needed an assist.

RoanokeFan
10-08-2012, 08:09 AM
Maybe no one for Sash?

That's what I'm thinking

CowboysSuck
10-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Maybe no one for Sash?

That's what I'm thinking

Same, I mean we arent getting rid of Will Hill or Stevie Brown..I wouldn't think.

And I really dont know who else you can cut at this point. Keep in mind we still need room for Canty.

Maybe Sash to PS?

fansince69
10-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Same, I mean we arent getting rid of Will Hill or Stevie Brown..I wouldn't think.

And I really dont know who else you can cut at this point. Keep in mind we still need room for Canty.

Maybe Sash to PS?

I doubt he is elidgible

GameTime
10-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Somebody had to get off the 53 on Saturday. Was McCants moved to the PS and some one else was let go from there....

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 08:51 AM
Somebody had to get off the 53 on Saturday. Was McCants moved to the PS and some one else was let go from there....

nobody did. Sash wasent activated.

GMENAGAIN
10-08-2012, 08:56 AM
That's what I'm thinking

Right now, is Sash a better player than Brown or Hill? I'm thinking no . . . . which means he could be in trouble

GameTime
10-08-2012, 08:57 AM
nobody did. Sash wasent activated.
gotcha.....

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Well, at least the talk of Sash being the next Polamalu has gone away.

RoanokeFan
10-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Somebody had to get off the 53 on Saturday. Was McCants moved to the PS and some one else was let go from there.... they have until 4 p.m. today either put him on or let him go. if they bring him back I think they let Tryon go

GameTime
10-08-2012, 09:12 AM
they have until 4 p.m. today either put him on or let him go. if they bring him back I think they let Tryon go
thats who I initially figured would go....
we'll see

RoanokeFan
10-08-2012, 09:13 AM
If Canty can come off PUP I think Petrus goes

Toadofsteel
10-08-2012, 09:54 AM
There is no way we're not reactivating Canty when his time comes. Even at 70% he will still be a respectable force, and I now believe he's the reason our D-line isn't getting any pressure. Whoever he lines up next to will have a better time getting to the QB...

Rat_bastich
10-08-2012, 09:59 AM
I doubt he is elidgible

Yep, not eligible for PS. He was carried on the 53 man roster too many times last year.

G.I. Ants
10-08-2012, 10:11 AM
It's a real scary situation for Sash. Brown and Hill are playing well right now. The defense isn't playing all that spectacular. IDK, maybe Will Hill might go to IR.

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 10:23 AM
I don't see them geting rid of Will Hll or Stevie Brown, Petrus or Tryon maybe?

Redeyejedi
10-08-2012, 10:26 AM
I don't see them geting rid of Will Hll or Stevie Brown, Petrus or Tryon maybe?Petrus and Tryon Id say are guys 52 and 53 on this roster

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Petrus and Tryon Id say are guys 52 and 53 on this roster

Agreed, Petrus has already been cut before and Tryon is just plain aweful..

NorwoodBlue
10-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Sash is not the player that Hill is, that's for sure, and he's probably not as good as Stevie Brown, so considering you've got Phillips and Rolle ahead of those two, why would you cut anyone to add a fifth safety? Sash was looking like a potential future starter; but he isn't there now with Hill in the picture. I'm thinking Sash may be the one who gets cut. He's not eligible to go to practice squad either because he played a full season on the active roster, unless there's some twist on that I'm not aware of. That only leaves open one of those mystery IR assignments that we've seen so often in the past. Ojomo to IR? Could happen I guess. Sash has more special teams value than Ojomo.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Ojomo is healthy though. Cant move him to IR now.

NorwoodBlue
10-08-2012, 10:47 AM
That's never stopped them before, LOL. All of a sudden one of their developing players gets a mystery injury in practice and he's on IR for the rest of the year.

GMan-67
10-08-2012, 01:54 PM
yeah this is a tough one .... Will Hill caused a huge fumble yesterday and Brown now has 2 INTs and with K-Phil hurt and Rolle nicked up ... be very tough to cut a Safety

hard to cut Petrus with Diehl;s injury plus Snee has a hip problem and Baas has a hand problem

can't cut Scott b/c Brown just got a concussion

tough to cut JJ b/c he was a farily high pick that's still young and developing and Nicks and Barden are hurt

Tryon, well Webby has the broken hand, Coe and Hosley have hammy issues

Kuhn, Bernard is hurt and Austin is not ready for prime time yet

we only have 3 TEs and Bennett's knee is a problem now

mabe we cut a DE .... Tracey or Ojomo?

also there is that short term IR rule, if we think somebody will miss a few weeks then that might be a way to stash a player

Buddy333
10-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Petrus. He was already cut once before. Tryon is a good special teams player.

RoanokeFan
10-08-2012, 02:44 PM
We'll know within about 75 minutes. Deadline is 4:00 p.m.

RoanokeFan
10-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Petrus. He was already cut once before. Tryon is a good special teams player.

Not sure that will hold his spot though

drewz
10-08-2012, 04:04 PM
4pm and nothing yet

idiotekniQues
10-08-2012, 04:08 PM
will hill just opened a spot for Sash by getting suspended for 4 games

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Safety-Will-Hill-suspended-Tyler-Sash-activated/3bd9cea6-683b-452c-9314-ad25995a748d

Giants5699
10-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Will Hill going to be moved to suspended list So Sash comes back. We get to address this again in 4 weeks.