PDA

View Full Version : Anchorman and Kuhn vs Browns

DaKraken
10-08-2012, 08:30 AM
I didn't really hear or see anything reviewing the play of the interior with Rocky out.

How did the M&M show (Marvin and Markus) play Sunday vs the Browns? Or was it a no-show?

jakegibbs
10-08-2012, 08:37 AM
I didn't really hear or see anything reviewing the play of the interior with Rocky out.

How did the M&M show (Marvin and Markus) play Sunday vs the Browns? Or was it a no-show?

Kuhn should grade out excellent IMHO anyway. Seems the D line got better when he entered the game. Isurely didn't get any worse.

drewz
10-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Kuhn played decent at the line of scrimmage, he had 2 or 3 passes that were batted down, and had a couple pressures but the Giants were getting totally gashed by the run when he was in the game. Marvin Austin I didn't notice much from, so I can't say

CowboysSuck
10-08-2012, 08:43 AM
I noticed Kuhn get it on some action, but never saw Marvin contribute...this is just me watching so who knows. But my gut instinct is that Kuhn played up to if not exceeding expectations. And Austin either fell below or just met expectations.

Captain Chaos
10-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Wasn't Kuhn moved completely out of the play on that first Brown TD run. Not to bash him as he is still a rook, but we can't go without a solid interior lineman. I saw both Kuhn and Austin in the game at the end! Nice to see them get these guys some snaps.

CowboysSuck
10-08-2012, 09:03 AM
I agree that at least for now Kuhn and Austin arent the answer. But if Austin cant get it together by next season, hes out. And that means no money for him. That means he is broke, and he never graduated NC. Hes ****ed lol. Kuhn is a rook so he will likely improve

CowboysSuck
10-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Also Coughlin is quoted as saying (about Marvin Austin) " Hes got some work to do. He has a long way to go "

This tells me that Austin is really far behind schedule. I know he was hurt and out of football etc, but he should have done a better job of keeping himself in shape. Hes pretty much just playing this entire '12 season to hone his skills and "get in football shape" so that hopefully next year he can actually do something.

As you can tell, I'm just about ready to blow the BUST whistle on Austin early next year if there is no improvement.

PBTimmons
10-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Also Coughlin is quoted as saying (about Marvin Austin) " Hes got some work to do. He has a long way to go "

This tells me that Austin is really far behind schedule. I know he was hurt and out of football etc, but he should have done a better job of keeping himself in shape. Hes pretty much just playing this entire '12 season to hone his skills and "get in football shape" so that hopefully next year he can actually do something.

As you can tell, I'm just about ready to blow the BUST whistle on Austin early next year if there is no improvement.

Austin is a 2nd round draft pick. He'll likely get the full length of his contract to prove he is NFL caliber. He's not "out" if he can't get it together by next season. Not to mention this is all a moot point anyways. He's played in 3 NFL games so far, lets hold off on the analysis until the end of the season.

GMENAGAIN
10-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Kuhn should grade out excellent IMHO anyway. Seems the D line got better when he entered the game. Isurely didn't get any worse.

Eh, he was in the game when Richardson ran up the middle for a TD untouched . . . . .for that alone it's hard to imagine him grading out "excellent' . . ..

Redeyejedi
10-08-2012, 10:28 AM
They only had 84 yards rushing it seemed way worse didnt it. Probably all the screen passes he was hitting us on

Redeyejedi
10-08-2012, 10:29 AM
I thought Kuhn played well for a rookie 7th Round Defensive Tackle

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 10:30 AM
If Blackburn doesnt miss 5 tackles, they dont get close to 84 yards.

Redeyejedi
10-08-2012, 10:34 AM
If Blackburn doesnt miss 5 tackles, they dont get close to 84 yards.It was only 5 looked like way more to me. How many more did he miss by just not being able to get there

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 10:36 AM
It was only 5 looked like way more to me. How many more did he miss by just not being able to get there

thats all i saw from where i was sitting, i bet looking at the game tape will show more.

giantsfan420
10-08-2012, 10:41 AM
well chase is also why we got that first int. he delays his blitz or didnt have any coverage responsibilities, and he hurried weeden into that int...he looked very quick on that play, so much so i wasnt even sure it was him...

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 10:43 AM
well chase is also why we got that first int. he delays his blitz or didnt have any coverage responsibilities, and he hurried weeden into that int...he looked very quick on that play, so much so i wasnt even sure it was him...

You mean the ball that hit the receiver in the hands, and the receiver dropped right into Stevie Brown?

Chase had a brutal game. Just awful. Even his interception was not a great play.