PDA

View Full Version : Would Giants Fans Cheer For An Injury??

CowboysSuck
10-08-2012, 09:09 AM
It's pretty shocking how awful fans can be sometimes.

For the sake of argument lets say a player like...Osi gets a head injury and is down. Would Giants stadium cheer (in hopes of seeing Tracy or Ojomo go into the game)? I really dont think we would. That would be a disgrace to say the least.

Well, sadly this is exactly what the Chiefs fans did to Matt Cassel. The guy went down with a head injury and the whole place was cheering, rooting on his injury. Unreal.

So my question is, are Chiefs fans that despondent? Or could that happen with our fans in Giants stadium?

GameTime
10-08-2012, 09:16 AM
To the extent at which it happend at the Cheifs game I hope not. but I have heard many fans say and do extremely ignorant stuff over the years.
Their would be cheering just not as much.

Redeyejedi
10-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Cheer I dont think so. I dont think Id cheer for anyone to get injured unless its Michael Vick. That guy is a piece of trash

RoanokeFan
10-08-2012, 09:18 AM
To the extent at which it happend at the Cheifs game I hope not. but I have heard many fans say and do extremely ignorant stuff over the years. Their would be cheering just not as much. I have unfortunately seen random fans cheer but I've never seen a stadium full of fans cheer. that's pretty disgusting

CowboysSuck
10-08-2012, 09:20 AM
I mean could you even imagine if Eli went down with a head injury and the stadium CHEERED. (this would never happen now, but easily could have in 2006 or something).

Rudyy
10-08-2012, 09:20 AM
That's classless and unacceptable.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Giants stadium cheered when DJax got knocked out by Dunta Robinson.

But DJax is a little jerk.

RoanokeFan
10-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Cheer I dont think so. I dont think Id cheer for anyone to get injured unless its Michael Vick. That guy is a piece of trash I agree he's trash but would you really cheer if he got hurt?

RoanokeFan
10-08-2012, 09:26 AM
I mean could you even imagine if Eli went down with a head injury and the stadium CHEERED. (this would never happen now, but easily could have in 2006 or something). I really can't

CowboysSuck
10-08-2012, 09:27 AM
The difference is, the Chiefs fans cheered on their OWN INJURED PLAYER. I could see if a rival teams stadium cheered on a rival players injury. Still disgusting, but way more understandable than a team cheering on their own injured.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 09:28 AM
I have unfortunately seen random fans cheer but I've never seen a stadium full of fans cheer. that's pretty disgusting
I agree

GMENAGAIN
10-08-2012, 09:33 AM
I certainly hope not . . . .

Redeyejedi
10-08-2012, 09:40 AM
I agree he's trash but would you really cheer if he got hurt? I probably wouldnt vocally cheer but i sure as hell wouldnt feel bad

Toadofsteel
10-08-2012, 09:59 AM
I would only cheer an injury if the guy getting hurt was playing for Philly...

I don't think we'd cheer for an injury. Even if it's Osi. Look at how we all rallied around him when his son went to the hospital.

And that also is extended to other teams (At least the respectable ones)... A little bit before my time, but I was watching a documentary of LT breaking Theisman's leg. The Giants faithful gave Theisman a standing ovation as he got carted off...

TheAnalyst
10-08-2012, 10:06 AM
I dont cheer, but I dont mind injuries happening to our opponents / rivals because we certainly have our injuries to deal with. Now when you are talking concussions or something very serious, no. I wouldnt even cheer if it was Greg Schiano... lol

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 10:07 AM
I would not cheer if one of my own players got hurt, no matter how bad they were playing. I have smack talked to my friend saying were going to knock Tony Romo outta the game again or I hope we destroy Michael Vick. If we crushed a player on an opposing team, I would feel bad but I'd also be like DAMN my boys jacked him up. That's how we do it. I have personally seen Eagles fans, at their own stadium boo one of the OT's off the field when he got hurt.. that's just as bad..