PDA

View Full Version : The MLB situation: SNAFU

PBTimmons
10-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Chase Blackburn.

...He's a rather instinctive, relatively nonathletic football player. But I always gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was at-the-very-least- A sure tackler. Yesterday he missed 5 by my count...which I'll admit I stopped counting by the 3rd quarter.

Whatever speed he did possess has certainly left him after 8 seasons in the NFL. So my question is, what does he bring to the table if he can't consistently wrap up tackles? We can all agree that he has ZERO upside.

I know, he had an interception. Bravo, Chase! But I believe a mannequin could have intercepted Weeden on that play.

If you disagree, feel free to tear me to shreds. But All in all, I just want what's best for the New York Giants.

Side note- Herzlich must be pretty awful if he can't dethrone Blackburn.

Redeyejedi
10-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Chase Blackburn.

...He's a rather instinctive, relatively nonathletic football player. But I always gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was at-the-very-least- A sure tackler. Yesterday he missed 5 by my count...which I'll admit I stopped counting by the 3rd quarter.

Whatever speed he did possess has certainly left him after 8 seasons in the NFL. So my question is, what does he bring to the table if he can't consistently wrap up tackles? We can all agree that he has ZERO upside.

I know, he had an interception. Bravo, Chase! But I believe a mannequin could have intercepted Weeden on that play.

If you disagree, feel free to tear me to shreds. But All in all, I just want what's best for the New York Giants.

Side note- Herzlich must be pretty awful if he can't de-thrown Blackburn. I would say closer to 8. I agree with U but everyone will still reign the hate down on U. I like Chase i think he is a good guy to have as a back up but he shouldnt be an NFL starter. The Giants have made it very clear that MLB is the least important spot on the defense. There have been plenty of cheap upgrades available in FA and they havent bit

GameTime
10-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Chase is also a smart player and knows the D and makes the right calls. Herz is probably not there yet.
You count many missed tackles yesterday....Chase was far from alone on that.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 10:46 AM
I want Rivers to get healthy and play MLB.

Toadofsteel
10-08-2012, 10:55 AM
He missed tackles on Trent Richardson. Antonio Pierce in his prime would miss a bunch of tackles on Trent too...

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 10:57 AM
He missed tackles on Trent Richardson. Antonio Pierce in his prime would miss a bunch of tackles on Trent too...

So its no big deal if the MLB is missing 5+ tackles?

timmytimm3
10-08-2012, 10:59 AM

Boley-Rivers-Kiwi line would be lights out. Then bring in Williams on 3rd and longs.

TheAnalyst
10-08-2012, 11:00 AM
We could do better, but we definately could do worse at that position. We picked Chase off the couch last year week 12. He knows how to play the game, even though he lacks the quality speed / athleticism needed. He still makes big plays. I saw him have nsome solid tackles as well.

drewz
10-08-2012, 11:07 AM
I also wonder what the deal is with Herzlich.. He looks slimmer and faster, but I think it's just another case of Coughlin riding with the veterens.. better player be damned

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 11:11 AM
I have a feeling Blackburn is playing because he knows the defense and its the MLB's job to get the front 7 lined up correctly. I also think hes playing because Rivers is consistantly hurt. In addition to that, he apparently is practicing and playing better than anyone else so that's why hes in there. I trust out coach to do whats best for the team.

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 11:22 AM
I would say closer to 8. I agree with U but everyone will still reign the hate down on U. I like Chase i think he is a good guy to have as a back up but he shouldnt be an NFL starter. The Giants have made it very clear that MLB is the least important spot on the defense. There have been plenty of cheap upgrades available in FA and they havent bit

No argument here.

It's like a NFL GM once said about Phil McConkey, "You just gotta love the guy, he's all heart, enthusiasm and energy...ya gotta love him. You don't gotta employ him, but you gotta love him"

Redeyejedi
10-08-2012, 11:29 AM
I have a feeling Blackburn is playing because he knows the defense and its the MLB's job to get the front 7 lined up correctly. I also think hes playing because Rivers is consistantly hurt. In addition to that, he apparently is practicing and playing better than anyone else so that's why hes in there. I trust out coach to do whats best for the team.Its not like there is much competition at MLB on this roster. I thought Rivers should of been groomed Day 1 for that spot

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Its not like there is much competition at MLB on this roster. I thought Rivers should of been groomed Day 1 for that spot

Rivers had to make it to the field first..

Giant stuck in Texas
10-08-2012, 11:35 AM
There were a bunch of responsibilities that fell on Chase yesterday that shouldn't have. He has played well for the Giants since his return and I'm content with his play at MLB.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 11:36 AM
There were a bunch of responsibilities that fell on Chase yesterday that shouldn't have. He has played well for the Giants since his return and I'm content with his play at MLB.

Like making tackles?

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Like making tackles?

lol, I agree with you slip, he should of made those tackles. I believe he meant covering that WR though. Who the hell drew up that play?lol

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 11:48 AM
lol, I agree with you slip, he should of made those tackles. I believe he meant covering that WR though. Who the hell drew up that play?lol

It was a tampa 2. He is supposed to drop deep middle.

The problem on that play was Stevie Brown, you came up on a shorter route instead of getting proper depth.

PBTimmons
10-08-2012, 11:52 AM

It looked like 3 deep-Tampa-2 look to me. Blackburn bit on something in the backfield and lost a step he couldn't lose over the top. Stevie Brown took responsibility, I believe. Blackburn was a wasted body on that play.

Whoops- Slip beat me to it.

brad
10-08-2012, 11:55 AM
What I don't understand is how so many people can see the number of injuries this defense has suffered and how poorly they play because of it, then want to bring in more backup players to fix it.

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 11:56 AM
It looked like 3 deep-Tampa-2 look to me. Blackburn bit on something in the backfield and lost a step he couldn't lose over the top. Stevie Brown took responsibility, I believe. Blackburn was a wasted body on that play.

I got ya because Rolle had no chance of getting there and their was no safety to be found on the other side. Makes sense that Brown jumped up onto a shorter route.

JesseJames
10-08-2012, 12:01 PM
I think TC plays Blackburn because he feels comfortable that Blackburn won't make a mistake and is willing to accept less speed and playmaking .

GameTime
10-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Like making tackles?
he was far from alone when it camne to missed tackles yesterday....
he was the best choice for MLB yesterday......

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 12:18 PM
he was far from alone when it camne to missed tackles yesterday....
he was the best choice for MLB yesterday......

He missed more tackles than the rest of the team combined.

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 12:19 PM

Who knows the defense better and is actually not injured? Don't get me wrong, I agree with you on the missed tackles but who is going to play instead and be the QB of our defense?

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Who knows the defense better and is actually not injured? Don't get me wrong, I agree with you on the missed tackles but who is going to play instead and be the QB of our defense?

Going forward, they have to find someone better than Chase. They have two undrafted players competing for the spot, and neither is athletic.

Maybe Rivers was going to be playing some at MLB, hard to know with Rivers always injured.

But they need to find a capable MLB, they dont have one right now. That is a very large part of why the run defense is not doing well.

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Going forward, they have to find someone better than Chase. They have two undrafted players competing for the spot, and neither is athletic.

Maybe Rivers was going to be playing some at MLB, hard to know with Rivers always injured.

But they need to find a capable MLB, they dont have one right now. That is a very large part of why the run defense is not doing well.

We could trade for Patrick Willis!

PBTimmons
10-08-2012, 12:25 PM

Admittedly, the LB problem with the run game is exacerbated by our injury issues at DT. In the wake of that though, we need our LB's to step up their game and they aren't.

fansince69
10-08-2012, 12:25 PM
I think TC plays Blackburn because he feels comfortable that Blackburn won't make a mistake and is willing to accept less speed and playmaking .

Like the last 2 years that AP played

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 12:27 PM
We havent had a great MLB in years, well make that a great LBer period...

Giant stuck in Texas
10-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Like making tackles?Right, let's pass judgement on one game. He's been solid for the most part of this young season.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Right, let's pass judgement on one game. He's been solid for the most part of this young season.

No, he hasent. Against the Eagles he was awful as well. People who just look at the couple plays he did make that game think he played well.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 01:29 PM
I doubt that....but I have no issues with him in the game at this point......
if some one else was better and or healthy enough he would be out there.....

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 01:30 PM
I doubt that....but I have no issues with him in the game at this point....

Yea, miss like 8 tackles a game, no problem with that at all, thats great linebacker play.

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 01:33 PM
I'm thinking hes not saying its great play, just no one better to put in his place..

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 01:35 PM
I'm thinking hes not saying its great play, just no one better to put in his place..

then why is he perfectly fine with Chase's play? Shouldnt he be arguing instead that there is just no one better so the giants are forced to play him?

Giant stuck in Texas
10-08-2012, 01:35 PM
He missed more tackles than the rest of the team combined.It's hard to concentrate on your assignments when your baby-sitting the secondary.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 01:36 PM
It's hard to concentrate on your assignments when your baby-sitting the secondary.

How is he baby sitting the secondary?

Giant stuck in Texas
10-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Yea, miss like 8 tackles a game, no problem with that at all, thats great linebacker play.I call BS, back it up.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 01:37 PM
I call BS, back it up.

back up how many tackles he missed? What would you like, a list of what plays he missed tackles? I can do that.

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 01:38 PM
then why is he perfectly fine with Chase's play? Shouldnt he be arguing instead that there is just no one better so the giants are forced to play him?

True true, we need to get LT some cocain and put him back at LBer.. get him breaking peoples fingers and ****! Or just give Blackburn some cocain so he feels no pain and wrecks dudes.. lol

GameTime
10-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Yea, miss like 8 tackles a game, no problem with that at all, thats great linebacker play.
3 passes defended with a pick too. If has 8 missed tackles a game I would like to see a stat for that if they even have that.
Also you should have quoted that I think he is the best they have who is available.........I did mention that...

Giant stuck in Texas
10-08-2012, 01:40 PM
back up how many tackles he missed? What would you like, a list of what plays he missed tackles? I can do that.That's right, you said " 8 tackles A game". List them....

Captain Chaos
10-08-2012, 01:40 PM

No there's an idea I can get behind. With his speed I don't think we have so much trouble with that edge!

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 01:41 PM
3 passes defended with a pick too. If has 8 missed tackles a game I would like to see a stat for that if they even have that.
Also you should have quoted that I think he is the best they have who is available.........I did mention that...

3 passes defended? Over the course of the season....

Against the Browns he had one pass defense, the interception.

Officially they dont track missed tackles.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 01:41 PM
That's right, you said " 8 tackles A game". List them....

He missed at least 5 against the browns. Ill go through them right now.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 01:42 PM

the course of the season is only 5 games old. he prob has more passes defended then Webster....

GameTime
10-08-2012, 01:44 PM

and sucks right?.....
look....I already said they guy wouldnt be starting if there was better healthy alternative...
so what about that dont yuo agree with????

Dwinsballgames
10-08-2012, 01:44 PM
I have a feeling Blackburn is playing because he knows the defense and its the MLB's job to get the front 7 lined up correctly. I also think hes playing because Rivers is consistantly hurt. In addition to that, he apparently is practicing and playing better than anyone else so that's why hes in there. I trust out coach to do whats best for the team.

Don't be ridiculous, the coaching staff doesn't put players in positions because that's what they think is best. They obviously start Blackburn because they feel sorry for him, even though there's at least a half dozen other guys on the roster who can play MLB better.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 01:46 PM
the course of the season is only 5 games old. he prob has more passes defended then Webster....

which means what exactly? That he is playing great coverage? He batted two passes at the line against the eagles, and got a pick of Weeden.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 01:46 PM
and sucks right?.....
look....I already said they guy wouldnt be starting if there was better healthy alternative...
so what about that dont yuo agree with????

what sucks? He played absolutely awful against the browns. That he got gifted an interception at the end of the game means he played well? No it doesnt.

Giant stuck in Texas
10-08-2012, 01:48 PM
He missed at least 5 against the browns. Ill go through them right now.

You said 8.

I'll wait for your stats on Chase for all 5 games.. They should amount to 40 miss tackles correct?

GameTime
10-08-2012, 01:49 PM
what sucks? He played absolutely awful against the browns. That he got gifted an interception at the end of the game means he played well? No it doesnt.
ok...thats your opinion...
you still havent answered the question...
who wouyld have in there who is currently healthy and would play bettter??

And never ever discount passes defended and picks.....thats just BS

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 01:50 PM
You said 8.

I'll wait for your stats on Chase for all 5 games.. They should amount to 40 miss tackles correct?

He did miss like 8 tackles in a game. I didnt say he missed 8 tackles every game.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 01:51 PM
ok...thats your opinion...
you still havent answered the question...
who wouyld have in there who is currently healthy and would play bettter??

And never ever discount passes defended and picks.....thats just BS

2 passes batted down at the line and a gift interception.

You keep talking those up like somehow they make up for him not being able to tackle at all the entire game.

I just honestly dont understand any support for Blackburn from anyone who watched that game. He was just plain awful.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 01:52 PM

GameTime
10-08-2012, 01:53 PM
2 passes batted down at the line and a gift interception.

You keep talking those up like somehow they make up for him not being able to tackle at all the entire game.

I just honestly dont understand any support for Blackburn from anyone who watched that game. He was just plain awful.
answer the question Slip....
who else at this time woudl have in there?????????

Dwinsballgames
10-08-2012, 01:53 PM
JPP missed a few tackles on TR yesterday. I guess he sucks too.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 01:56 PM
blackburn missed 4 tackles on richardson on just one drive alone at the end of the first quarter.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 01:56 PM

he missed 8 tackles in A game. not sure what you are confused about.

Giant stuck in Texas
10-08-2012, 01:57 PM

Yes you did. Here.....

I'll still waiting btw.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 01:58 PM
answer the question Slip....
who else at this time woudl have in there?????????

What difference does it make? I dont need to have a better alternative to realize that blackburn played awful. Far worse to support him blindly because they dont have anyone else.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Yes you did. Here.....

I'll still waiting btw.

As I said, he missed 8 tackles in a game.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 01:59 PM
he missed 8 tackles in A game. not sure what you are confused about.

what ever...go look at your post it does say in "a" game...

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 02:00 PM
what ever...go look at your post it does say in "a" game...

exactly.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 02:01 PM
What difference does it make? I dont need to have a better alternative to realize that blackburn played awful. Far worse to support him blindly because they dont have anyone else.
oh so now it doesnt matter who is in the game.....
Like I said......he wouldnt be in there if another player more qualified was healthy and ready....
I support the guy because he does what he can and has come up with some decent plays. He is all they have at the moment...

TheEnigma
10-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Anybody have the game tape on their computer? That would be the best way to settle it with a Youtube video that just focues on Chase Blackburn.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 02:02 PM
exactly.
****...i ****ed up..lol

you said "like 8 tackles missed a game....:)

Giant stuck in Texas
10-08-2012, 02:02 PM
exactly.

Sounds like a case of back pedaling because you got called out on your bogus stats.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 02:03 PM
oh so now it doesnt matter who is in the game.....
Like I said......he wouldnt be in there if another player more qualified was healthy and ready....
I support the guy because he does what he can and has come up with some decent plays. He is all they have at the moment...

It doesnt matter, Im sure they could have put a fan in the stands who could have missed 8 tackles.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Anybody have the game tape on their computer? That would be the best way to settle it with a Youtube video that just focues on Chase Blackburn.

for the season? or just the browns game. I can write down every play that blackburn missed a tackle, as i said, he missed 4 in a row on richardson at the end of the first quarter.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Sounds like a case of back pedaling because you got called out on your bogus stats.

Sounds like a case of you misreading. Blackburn missed like 8 tackles in a game. That was my point.

I would still like to know how Blackburn is babysitting the secondary.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 02:04 PM
It doesnt matter, Im sure they could have put a fan in the stands who could have missed 8 tackles.
yeah...nice job with that....

good come back....

I'll take his pick, passes defended and the tackles he does make. is it perfect play....of course not. Is he the reason we lost two games....??
no he is not...

TheEnigma
10-08-2012, 02:06 PM
for the season? or just the browns game. I can write down every play that blackburn missed a tackle, as i said, he missed 4 in a row on richardson at the end of the first quarter.

Just the Browns game. Blackburn is one of those kinds of players that makes 4-5 bad plays and them comes away with a good play that "erases" all of his mistakes so your claims are very plausible.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 02:07 PM
yeah...nice job with that....

good come back....

I'll take his pick, passes defended and the tackles he does make. is it perfect play....of course not. Is he the reason we lost two games....??
no he is not...

Hes a big reason that the giants run defense is so poor. Against both the eagles and the browns.

I just dont see how him making one interception erases all the poor play in your mind.

Any time your starting middle linebacker misses twice as many tackles as he makes, well, its bad.

Giant stuck in Texas
10-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Sounds like a case of you misreading. Blackburn missed like 8 tackles in a game. That was my point.

I would still like to know how Blackburn is babysitting the secondary.

That's not what you wrote backpedaler, you left out the "in" part.

And I'll answer your secondary question as soon as I see those stats. After all fair is fair.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Just the Browns game. Blackburn is one of those kinds of players that makes 4-5 bad plays and them comes away with a good play that "erases" all of his mistakes so your claims are very plausible.

Im up to 5 missed tackles now. 6:31 in the second.

juice33s
10-08-2012, 02:11 PM
he might have missed a few tackles on Richardson, but to be fair Richardson is a beast and hard to bring down....For the season Blackburn has been pretty good.
2nd on the team in tackles
tied for 1st in sacks
tied for 2nd in PD's
Not too bad for a part time player

fansince69
10-08-2012, 02:11 PM

And I'll answer your secondary question as soon as I see those stats. After all fair is fair.

He might have left out the "IN"....but any sensible person knew what he meant

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 02:12 PM

Yes, i forgot the word "in". Blackburn has clearly not missed 8 tackles per game. He has missed 8 tackles in a game.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 02:13 PM
he might have missed a few tackles on Richardson

3 is a few. He missed "a crapload" of tackles.

Giant stuck in Texas
10-08-2012, 02:13 PM
He might have left out the "IN"....but any sensible person knew what he meantSure, because he wasn't generally speaking of course. Lmao

juice33s
10-08-2012, 02:16 PM
3 is a few. He missed "a crapload" of tackles.
This from PFF:
Giants Defense: Chase Blackburn walked away with a big interception, but that was about the only thing he was able to hold onto. He got his hands to Trent Richardson four times, only for the Browns running back to force a missed tackle (one was nullified by a penalty).

So by your definition he did only miss "a few" tackles on Richardson
__________________________________________________ ___________________

PBTimmons
he might have missed a few tackles on Richardson, but to be fair Richardson is a beast and hard to bring down....For the season Blackburn has been pretty good.
2nd on the team in tackles
tied for 1st in sacks
tied for 2nd in PD's
Not too bad for a part time player

Richardson is a rookie. These were piss poor attempts at tackling. Blackburn has not been good, he hasn't even been average.

My original point of this thread was to understand why they keep him in, he is clearly not the long term solution at MLB. Herzlich would likely support the run better than Blackburn and best of all...he has upside!

slipknottin
up to 6 missed tackles, still in the first half.

BParcells777
Chase Blackburn.

Disagree.....he chased a WR 50 yds and was in position if the ball came up short........he got no over the top Saftey help
You want to complain about foot speed, talk about Rolle........always a day late and dollar short over the top

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 02:18 PM
So by your definition he did only miss "a few" tackles on Richardson

So he missed more than a few. And I can count probably twice as many missed tackles as PFF did. Maybe they arent done with the game, but I have blackburn down for 6 times missed tackles so far in just the first half. Though I am including one that is questionable. Blackburn has the jersey of Richardson, but the only reason Richardson isnt running away is because another defender hits him, blackburn wouldnt be tackling him like that otherwise.

TheEnigma
10-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Richardson is a rookie. These were piss poor attempts at tackling. Blackburn has not been good, he hasn't even been average.

My original point of this thread was to understand why they keep him in, he is clearly not the long term solution at MLB. Herzlich would likely support the run better than Blackburn and best of all...he has upside!

My guess is that they feel more comfortable with Blackburn handling coverages and making sure other players are in position. Other than that, I'd take Herzlich against the run over Blackburn 10 times out of 10.

PBTimmons
10-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Disagree.....he chased a WR 50 yds and was in position if the ball came up short........he got no over the top Saftey help
You want to complain about foot speed, talk about Rolle........always a day late and dollar short over the top

You may disagree, but your point is invalid. Tampa 2 coverage clear as day. MLB drops into the deep middle of the field and he got smoked by Gordon. Blame Fewell for putting Chase in coverage, but I would hesitate to blame Rolle on that play.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 02:22 PM
My guess is that they feel more comfortable with Blackburn handling coverages and making sure other players are in position. Other than that, I'd take Herzlich against the run over Blackburn 10 times out of 10.

Im not pro Herzlich either, I dont think he is any more gifted athleticially than Blackburn is.

Im just tired of all the pro-blackburn talk around here.

juice33s
So he missed more than a few. And I can count probably twice as many missed tackles as PFF did. Maybe they arent done with the game, but I have blackburn down for 6 times missed tackles so far in just the first half. Though I am including one that is questionable. Blackburn has the jersey of Richardson, but the only reason Richardson isnt running away is because another defender hits him, blackburn wouldnt be tackling him like that otherwise.
I know what play you're talking about, noway you count that as a missed tackle, that's an assisted tackle. I was actually impressed with Blackburns strength on that play to hold Richardson up while help was on the way

fansince69
I am not really sure I understand this argument

Blackburn is a player with all kinds of heart and desire and a lot of guts....he surely has never been the most talented player....he has been very good on special teams ....and a decent back up linebacker......are you guys really trying to persuade slip that he is a GOOD player? please lets be serious........He wasn't good 5 yrs ago and never really has been good...EVER...has he made some nice Plays?... yes........I wish most players had half his heart.....heart only gets you so far when you do not have talent.......

Slip I understand exactly what you are saying but this is where I want to know.....who would you replace him with?...as average as I think he is......If there was another option I think the coaching staff would have tried it

DVision
10-08-2012, 02:23 PM

That wasn't Rolle who blew the coverage Collingsworth! Rolle was playing his side in Cover 2. Brown admittingly bit on the play fake and said he was happy to be able to make up for it with the INT!

njg85m
10-08-2012, 02:23 PM
How exactly did he play "horrible" against the Eagles?
Everything I've seen recapping that game basically credits Blackburn solely for keeping the game as close as it was defensively. Not sure at all what this guy is talking about there.

And would you really like to throw Herzlich in a MLB instead? I'm not sure the casual fan is able to understand the amount of pre snap impact Blackburn has on the defense as a whole. Would you really trust Herzlich to be the one to yell out offenses, adjustments, and tell the young guys basically where to be on every single play?

As mentioned before, he is top 1 or 2 on multiple defensive categories for the team right now. I'm not saying the guy is great, he's average. But considering how much responsibility he has on our defense and ST's I don't exactly understand who you think would be any better than him right now.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 02:24 PM
I know what play you're talking about, noway you count that as a missed tackle, that's and assisted tackle. I was actually impressed with Blackburns strength on that play to hold Richardson up while help was on the way

Well Richardson runs right through blackburn, and the only thing that stops richardsons forward momentum is another defender hitting him. That blackburn held on to a jersey when richardson is stopped isnt all that impressive. Sure as hell isnt a tackle.

pino
10-08-2012, 02:24 PM
The defense as a whole have been missing their tackles, not just Chase. They just need to improve and be consistant. It's amazing how terrible we are on the edge and continue to let teams pick up yards there.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Slip I understand exactly what you are saying but this is where I want to know.....who would you replace him with?...as average as I think he is......If there was another option I think the coaching staff would have tried it

Rivers hopefully if he ever gets healthy. Really they have no competition at MLB, and its unfortunate.

Im not arguing to bench blackburn, just that he should certainly not be getting all the praise he gets around here.

njg85m
10-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Well Richardson runs right through blackburn, and the only thing that stops richardsons forward momentum is another defender hitting him. That blackburn held on to a jersey when richardson is stopped isnt all that impressive. Sure as hell isnt a tackle.

He spun around him and held him in place while he was falling so he could not get anymore yardage, which Richardson didn't. Do you really care whether he was holding onto his Jersey or his jock strap?

Your arguments are getting pretty pathetic at this point....

fansince69
10-08-2012, 02:26 PM
I know what play you're talking about, noway you count that as a missed tackle, that's and assisted tackle. I was actually impressed with Blackburns strength on that play to hold Richardson up while help was on the way

My son and I saw the same thing....no way Blackburn makes that tackle but it was Impressive because if he is not holding on(by the way it was the *** of his pants not his jersey he had hold of)...no one else gets a shot at him either....so even though that tackle is not made by him...it will not be made without him either

JSpin
10-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Chase Blackburn.

According to PFF he missed only 3 tackles, but regardless, he is a liability in both run support and pass coverage because of his lack of athletisism. The Giants need an impact LB to man the middle. Imagine if we had a guy like Willis, Lee, Laurinaitas, etc. It would vastly improve our run defense which is really our big weakness on D.

I'm all for Manti Te'o in the 2013 draft. He has the speed/size ratio, the coverage ability to play 3 downs, and a nose for the football on running downs. He's a complete LB and a guy who could man the middle for the next decade.

DVision
10-08-2012, 02:28 PM
According to PFF he missed only 3 tackles, but regardless, he is a liability in both run support and pass coverage because of his lack of athletisism. The Giants need an impact LB to man the middle. Imagine if we had a guy like Willis, Lee, Laurinaitas, etc. It would vastly improve our run defense which is really our big weakness on D.

I'm all for Manti Te'o in the 2013 draft. He has the speed/size ratio, the coverage ability to play 3 downs, and a nose for the football on running downs. He's a complete LB and a guy who could man the middle for the next decade.

So you must be rooting on our downfall, because the way that guys been playing he'll be a top 10 pick!

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 02:29 PM
How exactly did he play "horrible" against the Eagles?
Everything I've seen recapping that game basically credits Blackburn solely for keeping the game as close as it was defensively. Not sure at all what this guy is talking about there.

Thats because everyone always just notices the "splash" plays, like a sack, or a batted pass.

fansince69
Rivers hopefully if he ever gets healthy. Really they have no competition at MLB, and its unfortunate.

Im not arguing to bench blackburn, just that he should certainly not be getting all the praise he gets around here.

I agree 100% he has always gotten way more praise than he should........btw Slip on that play your talking about....you have it backwards.....the other players don't hold him up ...blackburns hold on till they get there...that play doesnt happen without him,....yes i agree he should have tackled him before it got to point of grabbing him by the pants

PBTimmons
Im not pro Herzlich either, I dont think he is any more gifted athleticially than Blackburn is.

Im just tired of all the pro-blackburn talk around here.

I'm "pro-anybody else". I'm in no way lobbying for Herz but merely pointing out that he is not any less athletic than Blackburn and certainly presents upside at the very least.

If Boley could stay on the field he should be the MLB and put Paysinger/Rivers in at Boley's current spot.

The defense is getting toasted on outside runs because Blackburn can't play sideline to sideline. An adjustment HAS to be made.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 02:30 PM
He spun around him and held him in place while he was falling so he could not get anymore yardage, which Richardson didn't. Do you really care whether he was holding onto his Jersey or his jock strap?

Your arguments are getting pretty pathetic at this point....

He didnt spin him around, richardson ran right through him. If you want to call that a tackle, fine. Still a tackle he should have made 4 yards back.

Then we will say he had 5 missed tackles in the first half alone, instead of 6.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Ok, back up to 6 missed tackles now in the 4th quarter.

TheEnigma
10-08-2012, 02:49 PM
What's the deal with Jwill getting limited snaps this season? I don't recall him doing anything bad in the preseason and it's not like he's been injured for an extended period of time like Rivers. I'm not implying he should be out there as our MLB but it would of been nice to see more of his speed making plays.

PBTimmons
10-08-2012, 02:52 PM
What's the deal with Jwill getting limited snaps this season? I don't recall him doing anything bad in the preseason and it's not like he's been injured for an extended period of time like Rivers. I'm not implying he should be out there as our MLB but it would of been nice to see more of his speed making plays.

I remember him missing a fair amount of training camp and preseason due to injury. Probably related to his digestion of the playbook or maybe he is just screwing up in practice...who can be sure? He looked really promising last year.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 02:52 PM

Kiwi and J Will play about the same number of snaps a week, this week J Will played 24 and Kiwi played 25. Would think the giants would want both of them on the field more and Blackburn less (47 snaps) Boley only played 40 snaps

TheEnigma
10-08-2012, 02:59 PM
I remember him missing a fair amount of training camp and preseason due to injury. Probably related to his digestion of the playbook or maybe he is just screwing up in practice...who can be sure? He looked really promising last year.

Ah, right. I just know that I don't trust Blackburn out there against a team like the 49ers next week. Boley and JWill are our best chances with containing VD while I also prefer them making plays on the sidelines when the 49ers will inevitably test us against the edge with Hunter and Kaepernick a few times.

DVision
10-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Kiwi and J Will play about the same number of snaps a week, this week J Will played 24 and Kiwi played 25. Would think the giants would want both of them on the field more and Blackburn less (47 snaps) Boley only played 40 snaps

Boley is hurt hence the reason Paysinger got the start. I think they were limiting his snaps. They said he had to loosen his hammy up.

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Boley is hurt hence the reason Paysinger got the start. I think they were limiting his snaps. They said he had to loosen his hammy up.

yea, makes sense.

Breezely
10-08-2012, 03:05 PM
I like Blackburn but he did miss alot of tackles yesterday. But to his defense, he was there!!!! I cannot recall any other linebackers in the game yesterday. Was the Giants' playing some kind of throwback defense with one linebacker (MLB)???

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 03:07 PM
I like Blackburn but he did miss alot of tackles yesterday. But to his defense, he was there!!!! I cannot recall any other linebackers in the game yesterday. Was the Giants' playing some kind of throwback defense with one linebacker (MLB)???

Boley had 5 tackles, and Paysinger had 2.

Buddy333
10-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Any word on Rivers? Will he play this week?

Breezely
10-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Defense

T-A

SCK

INT

FF

C. Webster (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0023478)

7-1

M. Boley (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0023593)

5-1

A. Rolle (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0023443)

5-1

C. Blackburn (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0023693)

3-1

W. Hill (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0029407)

3-0

J. Tuck (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0023509)

3-3

P. Amukamara (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0027957)

2-1

S. Brown (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0027842)

2-1

L. Joseph (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0027885)

2-1

S. Paysinger (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0028368)

2-1

M. Kiwanuka (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0024247)

1-0

M. Kuhn (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0029312)

1-1

J. Pierre-Paul (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0027867)

1-1

O. Umenyiora (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0021977)

1-3

M. Austin (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0027990)

0-2

Breezely
10-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Where is Jacquain Williams??????

TrickAssP
10-08-2012, 03:51 PM
I have to chime in with my two sense. I watched the Browns game and was somewhat impressed by a few players and with specific regards to Blackburn, well I was impressed that he had a pick and defended passes. Great. His pursuit of Richardson was very good. Did he make the initial contact tackles (especially failing to tackle Richardson several times in the same drive), NO. Was he first in the mix putting a regular hits on one of the most promising north/south runners in the league? YES. As the MLB he has his face in every play he is supposed to, even with the dopey deep routes he is asked to cover from time to time. He slowed up Richardson enough to help prevent him dominating the game. Does Blackburn deserve the entirety of the accolades of Giants Homers, hardly but does he align this defensive unit ALMOST perfectly ALMOST all of the time...I think yes. He is not even among the top 15 MLB in the league but for what we have in place and what is down the depth chart going forward I'll take the composure, experience, and defensive structural capabilities of Chase all year. Like any Giant fan, he is the best we got, we are not picking up a replacement. Dig it. Dig Chase. Dig 2 superbowls of experience. End

njg85m
10-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Thats because everyone always just notices the "splash" plays, like a sack, or a batted pass.

10 tackles, 1 sack, and he coached the young guys on the field the entire game, and to you that's still playing horrible? Wow...

fansince69
10-08-2012, 04:23 PM
10 tackles, 1 sack, and he coached the young guys on the field the entire game, and to you that's still playing horrible? Wow...

10 tackles? for the season?10 tackles for a game would be nice numbers for a mlb but for a season leaves something to be desired

njg85m
10-08-2012, 04:39 PM
10 tackles? for the season?10 tackles for a game would be nice numbers for a mlb but for a season leaves something to be desired

Right...Except it was 10 in the game. Along with 2 batted passes. So you might wan't to edit your post.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Hes a big reason that the giants run defense is so poor. Against both the eagles and the browns.

I just dont see how him making one interception erases all the poor play in your mind.

Any time your starting middle linebacker misses twice as many tackles as he makes, well, its bad.
never said it earased anything. Once again....he is all they have right now so stop whining about something they have no control of...

GameTime
10-08-2012, 04:42 PM
so I guess assists suck too......just sayin'

fansince69
10-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Right...Except it was 10 in the game. Along with 2 batted passes. So you might wan't to edit your post.

3 tackles 1 assist...maybe you should edit yours

fansince69
10-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Defense
T-A
SCK
INT
FF

C. Webster (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0023478)
7-1

M. Boley (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0023593)
5-1

A. Rolle (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0023443)
5-1

C. Blackburn (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0023693)

3-1

W. Hill (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0029407)
3-0

J. Tuck (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0023509)
3-3

P. Amukamara (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0027957)
2-1

S. Brown (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0027842)
2-1

L. Joseph (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0027885)
2-1

S. Paysinger (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0028368)
2-1

M. Kiwanuka (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0024247)
1-0

M. Kuhn (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0029312)
1-1

J. Pierre-Paul (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0027867)
1-1

O. Umenyiora (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0021977)
1-3

M. Austin (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0027990)
0-2

please read

fansince69
10-08-2012, 04:50 PM

bottom line he is NOT very good and the only reason he is on the team is because we haven't found anyone to replace him....

GameTime
10-08-2012, 04:58 PM
bottom line he is NOT very good and the only reason he is on the team is because we haven't found anyone to replace him....
Thats what I keep trying explain. So why dog they guy. Not his fault. He is a back up and plays like one most of the time. He gives 110% and thats all you can ask of any player

Breezely
10-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Where is Jacquian Williams????

GameTime
10-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Where is Jacquian Williams????

saw him on STs....
not an MLB anyway....

fansince69
10-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Thats what I keep trying explain. So why dog they guy. Not his fault. He is a back up and plays like one most of the time. He gives 110% and thats all you can ask of any player

i understand you have been saying it all along

njg85m
10-08-2012, 05:11 PM
3 tackles 1 assist...maybe you should edit yours

Fail.

We're talking about the Philly game.... You jumped into a conversation where slipknottin claimed he played horrible in the philly game. everything you quoted from me was relating to the Philly game. You should probably read the conversation before you jump into it.

fansince69
10-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Fail.

We're talking about the Philly game.... You jumped into a conversation where slipknottin claimed he played horrible in the philly game. everything you quoted from me was relating to the Philly game. You should probably read the conversation before you jump into it.

Listen ....you could very easily have just corrected me....I have read this whole thread and saw no mention of philly game.......next time you condescend to me my reply will not be quite so gracious......so fail yourself.....bottom line blackburn has never done anything other than play with heart and effort,,,but little talent...have a great day

btw just reread and yes you and slip did mention the eagles game but you both were talking about the tackle where he held on to the jersey(browns game)....so next time before you gety all huffy....you might want to think about your posts....you may think they are clear but they are not

JesseJames
10-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Like the last 2 years that AP played
thats exactly what I mean..

TheEnigma
10-08-2012, 06:10 PM
PFF's analysis of Chase Blackburn vs. the Browns

The Giants cycled through linebackers all game long, adjusting to the Browns formations and trying to find a combination that worked. By the end of the game the Giants were still searching. The group combined for a total grade of -6.5 and was the main reason the Browns were able to match their season high for points with 27. Now some of their shortcomings can be chalked up to having to deal with Trent Richardson the whole game, but the unit still didn’t cover well or generate a single pressure blitzing. No linebacker played worse though than the one that actually played the most, Chase Blackburn (-4.9). In 48 snaps Blackburn was able to miss three tackles (a fourth was nullifed by a penalty) and struggled when linemen got their hands on him. To Blackburn’s credit, his endzone interception was crucial, but it likely wouldn’t have been that close had he made more plays earlier in the game.

tonyt830
10-08-2012, 06:52 PM
the Giants as a team need to improve their tackling in the run game. Too many missed tackles, not just by Chase and not just in the Browns game. And Chase is not the ideal mike backer to be able to cover the deep middle in the Tampa 2 scheme. I like Chase, he plays hard with a lot of heart and hustle, but he isnt a great athlete.

The coaching staff feels that Chase is good enough right now to play the mike for the Giants. Apparently the coaches do not feel Herzlich is ready to take over full-time at the mike.

In the future, ideally we could see Rivers and Boley at Will/Mike, and Kiwi at Sam. Bring JWill in on passing downs when Kiwi moves up to D-line.

For that to happen, Rivers needs to get that hammy healed up and be able to stay on the field.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 09:09 PM
PFF's analysis of Chase Blackburn vs. the Browns

The Giants cycled through linebackers all game long, adjusting to the Browns formations and trying to find a combination that worked. By the end of the game the Giants were still searching. The group combined for a total grade of -6.5 and was the main reason the Browns were able to match their season high for points with 27. Now some of their shortcomings can be chalked up to having to deal with Trent Richardson the whole game, but the unit still didn’t cover well or generate a single pressure blitzing. No linebacker played worse though than the one that actually played the most, Chase Blackburn (-4.9). In 48 snaps Blackburn was able to miss three tackles (a fourth was nullifed by a penalty) and struggled when linemen got their hands on him. To Blackburn’s credit, his endzone interception was crucial, but it likely wouldn’t have been that close had he made more plays earlier in the game.
not surpirsed he did the worst since he played the most. Also to Slip....3 missed tackles. Not 5 or 8 and def way less then the whole team combined. So all the LBs had a **** game but the Giants are playing with the cards they have.

appodictic
10-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Yes let's signal out chase Blackburn , tuck osi missed just as many tackles and osi takes if worse angles forget about broken tackles he takes himself out of plays. Jpp got tossed around like a rag doll at times. Who was it that got that int to ice it? Roll, Webster, ...

Martyr
10-09-2012, 03:39 AM
I don't understand all this love for Rivers, he's made a few decent plays when he wasn't hurt and people want him to start MLB? Just because he's "fast" lol.

GMan-67
10-09-2012, 04:04 AM
there is absolutely no place in football for smart instinctive players ... Chase should immediately return to his couch and turn in his Super Bowl rings along with his game checks on his way out the door

we were so busy trying to put Bradshaw out to pasture that we missed several opportunities to trash Super Bowl hero Blackburn

slipknottin
10-09-2012, 09:13 AM
not surpirsed he did the worst since he played the most. Also to Slip....3 missed tackles. Not 5 or 8 and def way less then the whole team combined. So all the LBs had a **** game but the Giants are playing with the cards they have.

and a 4th that was nullified by a penalty. I counted two more than PFF.

Kruunch
10-09-2012, 09:17 AM
I would say closer to 8. I agree with U but everyone will still reign the hate down on U. I like Chase i think he is a good guy to have as a back up but he shouldnt be an NFL starter. The Giants have made it very clear that MLB is the least important spot on the defense. There have been plenty of cheap upgrades available in FA and they havent bit

I tend to agree with this as well but the guy keeps making plays.

And if you thought his missed tackles were bad, try counting our dlines missed tackles. Looked like the friggin Spring formal with the dance partners. Can someone shed a block? Please?

GameTime
10-09-2012, 09:50 AM
nullified means it didnt count.....
still they have no one better that is healthy at this times.
you want to discount what he does to help the team and just trash him for what he messes up then so be it.

PBTimmons
10-09-2012, 09:51 AM

Blackburn had more than 3 missed tackles. Not to mention he got completely outrun up the middle on multiple plays. IT was a truly pathetic showing. Had the interception bounced off his hands you all would be ripping him to pieces.

@Martyr - Rivers has looked like the most solid sideline to sideline LB the Giants had when he was in. He also doesn't look like the "allergic to contact" guy that most people on here were claiming he was when we traded for him. Go re-watch the Dallas game.

GameTime
10-09-2012, 09:51 AM
I tend to agree with this as well but the guy keeps making plays.

And if you thought his missed tackles were bad, try counting our dlines missed tackles. Looked like the friggin Spring formal with the dance partners. Can someone shed a block? Please?

^^^^this

slipknottin
10-09-2012, 09:52 AM
nullified means it didnt count.....

how does it not count? Its not like blackburn didnt attempt to make the tackle because there was a hold. It was a missed tackle.

GameTime
10-09-2012, 09:56 AM
how does it not count? Its not like blackburn didnt attempt to make the tackle because there was a hold. It was a missed tackle.
hey man...I am just busting your balls now. We have beat this topic to death. All good. Chase is a back up and plays like one most of the time but he has habit of making some really good plays here and there. We both know if there was another player healthy and better he would be playing. But thats all the Giants have right now.

embeshAtYa
10-09-2012, 11:06 AM
I know what play you're talking about, noway you count that as a missed tackle, that's an assisted tackle. I was actually impressed with Blackburns strength on that play to hold Richardson up while help was on the way

I think he had that hand on Richardson as he missed making the tackle there, no?

fansince69
10-09-2012, 11:21 AM
hey man...I am just busting your balls now. We have beat this topic to death. All good. Chase is a back up and plays like one most of the time but he has habit of making some really good plays here and there. We both know if there was another player healthy and better he would be playing. But thats all the Giants have right now.

most acurate post yet on this thread

BigJ
10-09-2012, 03:00 PM
I don't understand all this love for Rivers, he's made a few decent plays when he wasn't hurt and people want him to start MLB? Just because he's "fast" lol..
No not just because he is fast. U could see while he was healthy that he was a very good pick up.... Our other Lbers are not very good, Rivers is the most talented LB we have and he deserves to be on the field. He has more talent then any other LB on the roster, u can see that when he was on the field. And that's y people want him out there, and try him in the middle

BeatYale
10-09-2012, 03:19 PM
The PFF article someone posted yesterday mentioned he had the worse rating of all the LB's that game. The interception was bigger than it should have been, because he made so many mistakes throughout the game that resulted in the Browns 27 points.

GameTime
10-09-2012, 09:57 PM
so....
watching the Giants Rewind and just so you guys know Chase Blackburn applied the pressure that created the bad throw that Stevie Brown picked off.
He also said the D would get the ball back for the offense right before his pick in the endzone. Missed tackles....yes.
Important plays to help win the game.....yes.....

slipknottin
10-09-2012, 10:04 PM
so....
watching the Giants Rewind and just so you guys know Chase Blackburn applied the pressure that created the bad throw that Stevie Brown picked off.
He also said the D would get the ball back for the offense right before his pick in the endzone. Missed tackles....yes.
Important plays to help win the game.....yes.....

Ohhh, an unblocked pressure on the QB on a rollout, thats so hard to do.

His interception was not a great play either.

GameTime
10-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Ohhh, an unblocked pressure on the QB on a rollout, thats so hard to do.

His interception was not a great play either.
ha.....always a string attatched....lol

delayed blitz with expert timing and key pick to help ice the game. See....it can be said many dif ways....:cool:

Shockeystays08
10-09-2012, 10:13 PM
+1

TheEnigma
10-09-2012, 10:38 PM
What did you guys think of Blackburn's INT? It was like Weeden didn't even check to see if there was coverage on his receiver. Blackburn had that play perfectly covered but that was just a huge rookie mistake to not check anything else.

GameTime
10-09-2012, 10:53 PM
What did you guys think of Blackburn's INT? It was like Weeden didn't even check to see if there was coverage on his receiver. Blackburn had that play perfectly covered but that was just a huge rookie mistake to not check anything else.
Slip thinks is was an easy pick and had nothiong to do with Blackburn being in the right coverage......lol
sorry Slip.....I just cant help being a ball buster. I really like you as a poster but I also like to be a sarcstic ****** too....

fansince69
10-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Slip thinks is was an easy pick and had nothiong to do with Blackburn being in the right coverage......lol
sorry Slip.....I just cant help being a ball buster. I really like you as a poster but I also like to be a sarcstic ****** too....

Must be nice to enjoy something and be so good at it also........:D

GameTime
10-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Must be nice to enjoy something and be so good at it also........:D
now who's busting balls......:)

jgiantfan
10-09-2012, 11:43 PM
wow 16 pages of posts for this topic? A mediocre LB getting this must attention is amazing.

fansince69
10-09-2012, 11:44 PM
now who's busting balls......:)

I plead the 5th

GameTime
10-09-2012, 11:53 PM
wow 16 pages of posts for this topic? A mediocre LB getting this must attention is amazing.

thats because he is terrible and sucks.....

fansince69
10-09-2012, 11:58 PM
thats because he is terrible and sucks.....

I thought red was for sarcasm

GameTime
10-10-2012, 12:02 AM
I thought red was for sarcasm

:p

JJC7301
10-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Chase Blackburn.

Well, Blackburn is better than Goff ever was, so the MLB is definitely improved.

appodictic
10-10-2012, 01:00 AM
Its funny how you racists just assume Blackburn is "slow" when his 40 is the same as like Kiwi and Boley.

http://40-yard-dash-times.com/new-york-giants-lb.html

Kiwi

Pre-draft measureables Ht Wt 40-yd dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert Broad BP Wonderlic
6 ft 5 in 266 lb 4.74 s 1.63 s 2.79 s 4.13 s 7.27 s 32 in 10 ft 0 in 16 reps 29
All values from NFL Combine.[2]

Blackburn ran a 4.69 40-yard dash.[citation needed]

Keith Rivers 4.54 (Pro Day)

I guess white people just look slower and less athletic.

PBTimmons
10-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Its funny how you racists just assume Blackburn is "slow" when his 40 is the same as like Kiwi and Boley.

Kiwi

Pre-draft measureables Ht Wt 40-yd dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert Broad BP Wonderlic

Man, you've lost it. If you're telling me Blackburn is AS fast as Boley or Kiwi (who's carrying +20lbs on 93), you've just plain lost it. Blackburn can't cover sideline to sideline and therefore we get burned on sweep and stretch runs. Even if he did have the speed to get to the edge, he clearly shows he can't wrap up.

Chase Blackburn would challenge Brandon Spikes for the slowest linebacker in the league.

"Racists"? SMH

GameTime
10-10-2012, 09:31 AM
That, of course, was an exaggeration, but not by much. The Giants were unable to land any solid hits on rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden, who was probably hit the hardest when Umenyiora nearly strip-sacked him on a play ruled an incomplete pass in the fourth quarter.
There were a few positives. Linebacker Chase Blackburn’s pressure forced a Weeden pass to sail to Stevie Brown for an interception, and the defensive line knocked down four of Weeden’s passes — rookie defensive tackle Markus Kuhn did it twice

just had to.......:)

fansince69
10-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Well, Blackburn is better than Goff ever was, so the MLB is definitely improved.

I would say that is a matter of opinion and a really unfair comparison

BigJ
10-11-2012, 01:37 AM

Kiwi

No because he is slower and less athletic then them. haha. Iv always loved Blackburn, he has a lot of Heart but it only gets u so far. Keith Rivers and Michael Boley are faster and more athletic then him.... Ill say this once again, when Rivers was on the field he looked better then any LBers we have.. And all this talkin doesn't really mean anything until we see his play against the 49ers this week. They are a lot better then the Browns haha then argue who's right. That's a team