PDA

View Full Version : Prince Amukamara

ReiRiza
10-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Just felt like reminding everyone that he is on the team. He's a ghost when he's out there huh? :) Keep it up Prince I don't want to hear your name at all...unless its for a positive play.

Toadofsteel
10-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Just felt like reminding everyone that he is on the team. He's a ghost when he's out there huh? :) Keep it up Prince I don't want to hear your name at all...unless its for a positive play.

Prince is definitely the unsung hero of our defense. Now if only PF would assign him to the #1 receiver...

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 01:02 PM
He apparently was a beast last night, did they throw the ball his way at all?!

Toadofsteel
10-08-2012, 01:03 PM
He apparently was a beast last night, did they throw the ball his way at all?!

The only time I saw his number was when he made a tackle on a run play...

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 01:06 PM

Yeah same for me, I think they pretty much threw at webster or in the middle where the LBers should be covering. Prince, stay in beast mode please!

Toadofsteel
10-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Yeah same for me, I think they pretty much threw at webster or in the middle where the LBers should be covering. Prince, stay in beast mode please!

This is why I say we need Hosley healthy... Prince and Hosley are our future in the CB department, and they need to get healthy and stay healthy...

qndarius3
10-08-2012, 01:12 PM

I was hoping someone would bring him up. The less we hear about him the better :). He is gonna be tested next week against Manningham and Moss for sure.

Go Big Blue.

Eli TO Shockey
10-08-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm pretty sure he was covering Greg little for the majority of the game.

Last 2 weeks for prince

Greg little 0 catches - 0 yards.

Maclin 1 catch - 6 yards

Toadofsteel
10-08-2012, 01:17 PM
I was hoping someone would bring him up. The less we hear about him the better :). He is gonna be tested next week against Manningham and Moss for sure.

Go Big Blue.

I would predict that, assuming Hosley is healthy, Prince will be on Crabtree when in man coverage, while Hosley gets Manningham. We all know how Manningham can't run a route to save his life, and Hosley will be able to stay with him, while his ball-hawking skills will allow him to get a pick or two. Crabtree will be their short field threat in the passing game, and Prince can shut him down. Alternatively, I don't know if Webster can keep up with Manningham anymore, but if he can, he would be the ideal choice...

Finally, Rivers better be healthy in order to help stop the run as well as Vernon Davis...

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 01:21 PM
I would predict that, assuming Hosley is healthy, Prince will be on Crabtree when in man coverage, while Hosley gets Manningham. We all know how Manningham can't run a route to save his life, and Hosley will be able to stay with him, while his ball-hawking skills will allow him to get a pick or two. Crabtree will be their short field threat in the passing game, and Prince can shut him down. Alternatively, I don't know if Webster can keep up with Manningham anymore, but if he can, he would be the ideal choice...

Finally, Rivers better be healthy in order to help stop the run as well as Vernon Davis...

The two people that scare me the most is Vernon Davis and Frank Gore..

Signature NYG
10-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Yeah they threw his way. Near the Goal Line. He was sagging off in Zone coverage and they ran the Slant, but Weeden threw behind him. granted I think he would have made the tackle before the WR scored but that was the one time they threw his way. he also got illegal hands to the face called on him but other tahn that he was perfect.
great performance by the Prince out there. Also I haven't seen him scored on in all his games he has played for us. I may be miss remembering but I can't recall a single TD on him. Prince is nice. I just hope Hosley can get back soon

Webster - on #1 (even though he has been below his standards this season, I believe he will pick it up. Hopefully the broken hand heals soon)
Prince - on #2
Hosley - in the slot
Role - Ballhawking
KP - Covering the top with hard hits on anyone trying to make a big catch.

Our secondary when healthy and playing to potential can be dangerous.

Shoutouts to Stevie Brown and Will Hill as backup safety's doing work aswell.

Marvelousmik
10-08-2012, 01:33 PM

+1111111111

Eli TO Shockey
10-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Yeah they threw his way. Near the Goal Line. He was sagging off in Zone coverage and they ran the Slant, but Weeden threw behind him. granted I think he would have made the tackle before the WR scored but that was the one time they threw his way. he also got illegal hands to the face called on him but other tahn that he was perfect.
great performance by the Prince out there. Also I haven't seen him scored on in all his games he has played for us. I may be miss remembering but I can't recall a single TD on him. Prince is nice. I just hope Hosley can get back soon

Webster - on #1 (even though he has been below his standards this season, I believe he will pick it up. Hopefully the broken hand heals soon)
Prince - on #2
Hosley - in the slot
Role - Ballhawking
KP - Covering the top with hard hits on anyone trying to make a big catch.

Our secondary when healthy and playing to potential can be dangerous.

Shoutouts to Stevie Brown and Will Hill as backup safety's doing work aswell.

nice post. Who would have thought that the weekest link on our team would be the D-Line.

Signature NYG
10-08-2012, 01:59 PM
nice post. Who would have thought that the weekest link on our team would be the D-Line.

Thanks man. I'm new to this posting thing lol only 19 but been bleeding blue since 2000 when we lost to the ravens in the superbowl smh. i was like 6 or so but that was the 2nd football game I had ever seen. The first being the route of the vikings 2 weeks prior.

Whole family is Giants Fans and I inherited the Passion from my Dad and Brothers. (7 Brothers, all GMEN fanatics)

sorry about the mini biography.

Eli TO Shockey
10-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks man. I'm new to this posting thing lol only 19 but been bleeding blue since 2000 when we lost to the ravens in the superbowl smh. i was like 6 or so but that was the 2nd football game I had ever seen. The first being the route of the vikings 2 weeks prior.

Whole family is Giants Fans and I inherited the Passion from my Dad and Brothers. (7 Brothers, all GMEN fanatics)

sorry about the mini biography.

haha cool man. My family aint quite as large, but we are also all die hard giants fans. these non football fans just dont get it. they think im crazy when i scream like a madman during games. This is the only place where that type of behavior is considered normal. lol.

Eli TO Shockey
10-08-2012, 02:03 PM
In Reese We Trust

Stevie Brown, Corey Webster, Antrel Rolle and Prince Amukamara - the starting secondary - all played every defensive snap in the game. - From Tom Rock

Captain Chaos
10-08-2012, 03:01 PM

Saw him come up for run support a number of times! I like this kid, he is a keeper. Let's get Hosley back and get this D rolling!

GMan-67
10-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Prince and Beatty are terrible ... i read it right here on this board, so it must be true

oh and Bradshaw needs to retire .... per the experts on the board

back in the day Eli was the target ... now it's more scattered, but still as inaccurate as ever

Gmen2005
10-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Really glad to see him healthy and playing well. He looks incredibly focused this year.