PDA

View Full Version : Vernon Davis...

qndarius3
10-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Makes me nervous.

What do you guys think we need to do this week to stop him up the seams?

Personally, I think we need to see a little more Jacquain Williams this week (if Rivers is out).

WEG313
10-08-2012, 12:17 PM
We desperately need Phillips back at safety. I think a combination of Phillips and Blackburn is our best bet, but he's going to get his catches regardless.

Toadofsteel
10-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Phillips and Rivers are going to be needed to stop Davis.

qndarius3
10-08-2012, 12:18 PM
We desperately need Phillips back at safety. I think a combination of Phillips and Blackburn is our best bet, but he's going to get his catches regardless.

Blackburn? Did you see what he did this week? I pray we dont have to rely on him to cover Davis.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Blackburn? Did you see what he did this week? I pray we dont have to rely on him to cover Davis.

he wont be on Davis.....but what did he do in the passing game that was so bad??? Before you say it he wasnt supposed to be in coverage vs the WR on the TD. He was picking up the slack for blown coverge by SB.....

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 12:23 PM
he wont be on Davis.....but what did he do in the passing game that was so bad??? Before you say it he wasnt supposed to be in coverage vs the WR on the TD. He was picking up the slack for blown coverge by SB.....

Yup! No way that was drawn that way.. Chase, slow big white dude on a fast athletic WR? Pretty sure he was just trying to make it so he wasn't so wide open.. lol

I think we need Phillips and Rivers to guard Vernon but he will prob still have 5 catches, 80 yards..

GameTime
10-08-2012, 12:25 PM
you wont stop Davis but he must be limited to a degree....

jakegibbs
10-08-2012, 12:44 PM

Yeah we saw what he did today. 1 pick & I'd take that from him every game wouldn't you?

JB456
10-08-2012, 12:49 PM

You don't think that TD was on Chase, do you?

CALI49ER
10-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Makes me nervous.

Personally, I think we need to see a little more Jacquain Williams this week (if Rivers is out).

LOL

giantsforce
10-08-2012, 12:58 PM
you wont stop Davis but he must be limited to a degree....This!
Also, if we manage to put constant pressure on Smith and he does not have time to look for Davis. Wishful thinking though.

BornBrooklyn
10-08-2012, 01:28 PM
J-Will time...

GiantGremlin
10-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Makes me nervous.

Davis is only going to be part of the issue, I could just see Manningham really stepping up and having a big game as well.

Captain Chaos
10-08-2012, 01:42 PM
I think that our LBs will be in much better position to Keep Mr. davis in check!

dajanksta
10-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Davis and Alex Smith have been on fire since the playoffs last year and they haven't stopped yet. For some reason, I'm assuming it's chemistry between the two, but Alex throws a beautiful deep ball to Vernon. Mostly just him though. Crabtree has really been stepping up and Manningham has been getting more and more snaps each week. He's looked very fast and sharp with his routes. All this is gone though if you get pressure on Alex up the middle. Our O line has been doing very good after a shaky start to the season.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/49ers-O-line-turning-into-strength-of-th?blockID=784431&feedID=5936

GiantGremlin
10-08-2012, 01:54 PM
"Davis and Alex Smith have been on fire since the playoffs last year and they haven't stopped yet. For some reason, I'm assuming it's chemistry between the two, but Alex throws a beautiful deep ball to Vernon. Mostly just him though. Crabtree has really been stepping up and Manningham has been getting more and more snaps each week. He's looked very fast and sharp with his routes. All this is gone though if you get pressure on Alex up the middle. Our O line has been doing very good after a shaky start to the season."

Yup, and then there's Gore to worry about as well - anyways, it will be a tough, brutal game for the Giants, and another doozy at that.

GMENAGAIN
10-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah we saw what he did today. 1 pick & I'd take that from him every game wouldn't you?
My 2 year old could have made that pick.

He has about 100 missed tackles yesterday.

brad
10-08-2012, 02:13 PM
He has about 100 missed tackles yesterday.

You could say that for just about any player on the D yesterday.... the difference is that Chase was one of the few hustling on just about every play. Case in point, he tried to chase down a WR when he saw the blown coverage.

mikeq6722
10-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Makes me nervous.

We need Patrick Willis to stop Davis, unfortunately they are both on San Fran.

TuckandRolle
10-08-2012, 03:58 PM
J Williams and K Rivers will be the 2 men who's job is to stop VD.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 04:00 PM
J Williams and K Rivers will be the 2 men who's job is to stop VD.

or a condom

BillTheGreek
10-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Shut Him Down ! You need double coverage on him ! He will be the go to guy !

dave56dj
10-08-2012, 06:29 PM
What chase did? you mean pick off a pass to a te? Or did you mean when stevie brown dropped a coverage forcing Chase to cover a WR - Wow amazingly weird blame game.

Also asking a LB - even with the speed of boley. Jwill or rivers to defend davis all game is not enough - you need to have a safety help and have backers stuffing him at the line. KP or brown or rolle will see time in coverage as well, But the niners will get him one on one with backers and thats not gonna be easy.

More importantly - STUFF THE RUN.

bosdober
10-08-2012, 06:43 PM
This is the beauty (for us 49ers fans) of the 49ers offense this year, with Smith to Davis working well. Davis demands that you game plan against him, but if you divert resources to Davis, you limit the number of guys you can use to blitz or play run support.

fansince69
10-08-2012, 06:48 PM
or a condom

always looking out for us

#1_49ers_fan
10-08-2012, 06:51 PM
We need Patrick Willis to stop Davis, unfortunately they are both on San Fran.

LoL I love this!!! I can see why Vernon makes you all nervous! That dude is a freakin' tank!!! Y'all have a very stout team, and I am sure Coughlin (spelling) will have a good plan for our team. I am looking forward to a great game between 2 great teams! I am definitely hoping for the W though :D

BillTheGreek
10-11-2012, 09:34 AM
LoL I love this!!! I can see why Vernon makes you all nervous! That dude is a freakin' tank!!! Y'all have a very stout team, and I am sure Coughlin (spelling) will have a good plan for our team. I am looking forward to a great game between 2 great teams! I am definitely hoping for the W though :D
When I saw Vermon last year, I said the Giants have their hands full ! I don't know from this day, how we shut him down ! That was your big mistake ! But It"s to late, we are wise to him ! We even know what he eats for breakfast, & it's not Giants. He will be covered well , SF is getting use to the agony of defeat.........

Remember you are playing the "Super Bowl Champs" Thanks to K. Williams to name a few !

SweetZombieJesus
10-11-2012, 11:36 AM
you CANT stop him...

They didn't even throw to him after his 3rd quarter TD. :) Looks like you CAN stop him.