PDA

View Full Version : "Penthouse to the outhouse" (and back again) mentality on this forum

DaKraken
10-08-2012, 02:04 PM
It's just amazing how quickly a player is villified or deemed a bust on this forum so fast. The list just this season reads like half the roster (Barden, Beatty, Greedshaw, Randle, Wilson and most recently Amukamara to name a few). The fickle nature of opinions on this board is just maddening.

Young players need reps reps and more reps before they are deemed a bust or failure. Not a single game showcase or even a few games.

Bottom line, the entire lower half of the roster depth chart has been performing when called upon. It's rather remarkable and let's hope it continues because it's a long season and more injuries are likely. This season has been a serious referendum and acknowledgement of the incredible quality depth that JR and the front office have stockpiled at almost every position and definitely at the skill positions (WR, CB). I don't think there are any other teams that can just replace guys so readily.

The 2012 Giants so far are for sure an erratic bunch, whose quality of play can't be predicted week to week. But if we ever get fully healthy and in rhythm on both sides of the ball (DLine needs to get its act together), this team is going to again be in the hunt for the Lombardi trophy assuming we can get into the postseason (schedule is brutal).

Having said that, this weekend is going to be a tough spot though as SF has revenge on their minds....

Go Big Blue!

FBomb
10-08-2012, 02:08 PM
And it's just like any other fan base with a place to voice their opinions. The "what have you done for me lately" mentaility is normal. Most are just venting.

brad
10-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Great post Dakraken... and FBomb. Yes fans are fickle, but I would rather they vent on this board than take it out on their kids or something.

SuperNYGiants
10-08-2012, 02:28 PM
The bashing on Bradshaw was pretty absurd, I'm glad I don't have to read thru that pile of mess.

brad
10-08-2012, 02:30 PM
The bashing on Bradshaw was pretty absurd, I'm glad I don't have to read thru that pile of mess.

It was mostly people defending Bradshaw actually.

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 02:31 PM
This board is just like real life... a lot of people love to hate their sports teams. I just ignore the negative and engage with the people that talk with some sense..

Captain Chaos
10-08-2012, 02:54 PM
The anonymity of this type of forum allows people to vent with little fear of reprisal, many find this very therapeutic. I see a thread that I don't particularly care for I skip it! Another wonderful thing about this type of board!