PDA

View Full Version : Holloween comes early: The D-line is the first horror show of the season.

GiantRoc
10-08-2012, 02:39 PM
As happy as I am over getting a W, seeing our D-line continue to stuggle is very scary. I could not believe how many times our D-line was blown off the line. I mean pushed back 5 yards blown off. Kuhn looked like a little kid out there. I felt bad for him. At times he looked completely lost. Austin wasn't any better. It shows that he hasn't played in 3 years. Tuck played well against the run, but still can't find the push from the outside on the pass rush. JPP played DT a lot in the game. To try to do something to find an answer I assume. I don't know if Tuck can still handle the workload, but i think he would be better suited dropping down to tackle over JPP. And then there is Osi. I'm pretty sure he played, but I dont remember seeing him much. Thank God for Linval Joseph. He is the one man who consistanly made a push and clogged things up. Saddly, the Browns just mostly ran away from him. LBs took a beating as well. Didn't close or over shot, if they weren't just pushed back out of the way. As much as we are trying not to, I think its time to dial up some blitz packages on run and pass.

Buddy333
10-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Hope I'm wrong but I think the Giants DL is going to get pushed around all day. I have seen nothing form them this year to think they won't and they only have one serviceable DT right now. The DE's are healthy and getting pushed around by everyone. All they have are excuses. The 49ers OL is big and physical. The way the Giants DL is playing they will be humiliated against that OL. Maybe not Joseph.

GMan-67
10-08-2012, 02:45 PM
knocked down a bunch of passes yesterday ..

14 pts. were basically b/c of a turnover and Rolle peeking in the backfield

slipknottin
10-08-2012, 02:47 PM

Rolle did not allow any points.

jax5338
10-08-2012, 03:19 PM

stevie brown took responsibility for the bomb TD. said it was his fault. i'd say he made up for it later in the game with 2 takeaways.

juice33s
10-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo (http://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo)
Coughlin asked if he's satisfied w/ pass rush. "How can I be satisfied?" he said. "We didn't touch the passer again."