PDA

View Full Version : Kendall Hunter vs. David Wilson

Moke
10-08-2012, 03:58 PM
This isn't a question of who is the better runningback right now because David Wilson really hasn't proven MUCH to the New York Giants brass.

This is the question of, who has the higher ceiling?

David Wilson or Kendall Hunter?

Please don't take this thread as a joke either. This is meant to get an opinion.

dcpd813
10-08-2012, 04:09 PM
I think it's tough to compare running backs like this, because they are used differently. As a Niner fan I think Hunter is a nice change of pace from Gore and could easily handle the starting duties if Gore gets injured. With the Niners offense, our running backs are used more that the Giants backs so I would say that Hunter will have more opportunities. That being said, I picked up Wilson in my fantasy draft at the beginning of the year because anyone the Giants plug in seem to have almost immediate success.

Moke
10-08-2012, 04:11 PM
I think it's tough to compare running backs like this, because they are used differently. As a Niner fan I think Hunter is a nice change of pace from Gore and could easily handle the starting duties if Gore gets injured. With the Niners offense, our running backs are used more that the Giants backs so I would say that Hunter will have more opportunities. That being said, I picked up Wilson in my fantasy draft at the beginning of the year because anyone the Giants plug in seem to have almost immediate success.

Well, of course it's difficult, but that's why I said who has the higher ceiling meaning who will have the better career when they are both retired?

I know it's a tough question, but when looking at skill sets, it's always fun to predict.

dcpd813
10-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Right, and I know I didn't really answer the question. I will say I think Hunter is better (homer...cough, cough, homer). But you got to remember we drafted LaMichael James too. I think Wilson will be the feature back in NY some day probable soon, whereas Hunter may never be the feature back so at the end of their careers Wilson will probable have better stats.

TheEnigma
10-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Hunter has superior vision and instincts, underrated toughness and power, and of course good speed down the sideline but I question if he could really carry the load like a workhorse back. Not that the scenario will come up anytime soon but it's something to take into consideration.

Wilson has the edge on speed and agility but he does need more work with his vision (from what I saw in Virginia. He hasn't played enough in the NFL to change my mind yet.). Too many times he ran East-West when he should of went North-South. The one thing that I believe a lot of people miss is the fact Wilson has the frame to add more weight and gain that additional power and toughness that could POTENTIALLY (key word) make him a top 10 back in the NFL. I also like his chances of finding success in the ground game despite a bad O-line over Hunter.

Hunter is the better back as of this moment but Wilson is the better prospect. We'll just have to see how Wilson's development turns out.

experto
10-09-2012, 08:47 PM
No clue,need to see more of both.Both have incredible talent.