PDA

View Full Version : My big IF regarding backup QB

thomsoad
10-08-2012, 03:15 PM
IF Sanchez gets benched and IF Sanchez gets released at end of year....I think we need to let Carr go and bring Sanchez in to be Elis backup.
This is NOT an endorsement in anyways of Sanchez > Eli ...i mean give me a break.
Carr is getting up there in years and we know his limitations.
Eli still has a good 5-7 years (barring injury).
There are far worse options then Sanchez in my opinion as a backup.
And once again...this is a big IF.

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Well we all know Carr isn't getting the job done if Eli gets hurt so I wouldn't be against looking for a different backup QB.

Moke
10-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Wouldn't be a bad idea but I think Sanchez will get an opportunity somewhere else before we look at him.

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Wouldn't be a bad idea but I think Sanchez will get an opportunity somewhere else before we look at him.

Can we say Arizona?

Moke
10-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Can we say Arizona?

I think Kolb and Skelton are not answers at all. If I was Arizona, I'd draft another QB if they have a good option there and possibly bring in Sanchez. But then again, it all depends on cap room and if they are getting rid of Kolb.

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 03:25 PM
I think Kolb and Skelton are not answers at all. If I was Arizona, I'd draft another QB if they have a good option there and possibly bring in Sanchez. But then again, it all depends on cap room and if they are getting rid of Kolb.

The eagles def got the good part of that deal. Plus they paid Kolb way too much money sit on the bench as much as he has. When hes not on the bench he just sucks anyways.. He's not even a has-been, he's a never-was!

TheEnigma
10-08-2012, 03:26 PM
I see what you are getting at OP but the idea of Sanchez working under Gilbride's offense really scares me.

BurnerNYG
10-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Sanchez isn't the Giants type of player. Whatever that means????

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Sanchez isn't the Giants type of player. Whatever that means????

He cries and runs his mouth, plus he sucks?lol

Harooni
10-08-2012, 07:45 PM
I wanted Brady Quinn actually Carr is aging.

Moke
10-08-2012, 07:52 PM
I wanted Brady Quinn actually Carr is aging.

Does Brady Quinn come with a bigger package though?

BigBlueAllDay
10-08-2012, 07:56 PM
I'd rather draft a backup QB than ever contemplating about negotiating a deal with Sanchez and his past issues with his own WRs.

Ruttiger711
10-08-2012, 07:59 PM
IF Sanchez gets benched and IF Sanchez gets released at end of year....I think we need to let Carr go and bring Sanchez in to be Elis backup.
This is NOT an endorsement in anyways of Sanchez > Eli ...i mean give me a break.

Yeah I mean from an age standpoint sure... But I don't see an upgrade from Carr - by the time Sanchez is reduced to a backup role he's going to be just as ruined as Carr was after leaving Houston.

jomo
10-08-2012, 08:03 PM
I only break this one out a few times a year but here goes............silly rabbit!

Captain Chaos
10-08-2012, 08:25 PM
I only break this one out a few times a year but here goes............silly rabbit!

Belly laugh followed by uncontrollable chuckling!

ac106fd
10-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Like any other team, if our #1 goes down, so goes our season. Carr, if needed could step in and do better than a lot of #2's. You really think, of all places, Sanchez would go to the Giants to be #2?

I do like the idea of drafting a guy to be a #2, or bridge guy.

I bet we could get Kirk Cousins cheap from the Skins after 2 picks in the last 2 minutes!

jomo
10-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Belly laugh followed by uncontrollable chuckling!WTF Captain Chaos, am I right or what? Who cares about backup QB's?

PennState1
10-09-2012, 01:18 AM
What would be better is a rookie project who could leard from watching Eli...like a weeden kind of QB

GiantRoc
10-09-2012, 02:17 AM
Never. I don't ever want to see Sanchez in Giant's blue. He just isn't good. I don't think he has the personality for this team. He could never run the Giants O. He's not smart enough or talented enough. I said before, Carr has lost the fire. He is to happy watching with a soft hat on. Hopefully there will be someone in the draft. There just isn't much QB talent out there.

GMan-67
10-09-2012, 02:29 AM
???

BurnerNYG
10-09-2012, 03:08 AM
What would be better is a rookie project who could leard from watching Eli...like a weeden kind of QBI agree but at the same time I wanna hit rock bottom for a year after Eli retires and draft us a stud. I don't ever wanna go through the Dave Brown, Kannell, Graham and Collins years again. I hate seeing guys like Luck, RG3 and now the up and coming Geno Smith come out when we don't need one. Watch all the bums that's available when it's our turn to pick. If we can find a mid to late rounder to groom behind Eli, I just hope we strike gold and not silver. It takes a certain type of person to handle the pressure of playing in NY.

Flip Empty
10-09-2012, 07:19 AM
Should sign and cut Ryan Perrilloux again.

slipknottin
10-09-2012, 08:26 AM
what an odd thread

RagTime Blue
10-09-2012, 08:39 AM
I don't know what's less likely. . .Sanchez or Carr getting cut.

3504spd
10-09-2012, 10:02 AM
I think Kolb and Skelton are not answers at all. If I was Arizona, I'd draft another QB if they have a good option there and possibly bring in Sanchez. But then again, it all depends on cap room and if they are getting rid of Kolb.That kid from west Virginia, Geno Smith looked awesome Saturday. Heck, I'd draft him if Eli was due to be put out to pasture!!!

TroyArcher
10-09-2012, 10:23 AM
If Eli gets hurt the season is over. Very few teams have the luxury of a really top notch backup. If he's any good he will be picked up one of many teams looking for a dececnt QB. I'd go with some young guy that can start developing in a Jeff Hostetler type of way.

burier
10-09-2012, 10:48 AM

First of all....I don't think Sanchez would want to come and be Eli's backup. That's a death sentence for a QB who would undoubtedly believe he is still a starter quality player. He'll never take a job sitting behind Quaterback who's never missed a game.

Second of all....I don't think Sanchez would be a viable option at QB in our offense anyway. We employ vertical passing that requires an ability to make every throw with accuracy on consistent bases. Sanchez doesn't have the accuracy or the arm strenght to step in for Eli if he needed to. Sanchez needs to play in an offense that uses more west coast principles than our offense does.

Third of all...why are people down on Carr? He's familiar with our offense, seems to be a smart player and is totally resigned to being Eli's backup. You can't really ask any more from the guy. He can play and if you consider how much experience Carr has in our offense Sanchez would be a lateral move at best.

Flip Empty
10-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Sanchez only recently signed an extension, I don't think the Jets can afford to release him.