PDA

View Full Version : 49er fan here

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 04:17 PM
First I wanna say congrats on beating us last season in the NFCCG. It was such a heart breaking loss and to be honest it has fueled some pretty hostile emotions towards your team, but nonetheless, I respect what you guys accomplished last season.I had this game circled the day the schedule came out and i'm pretty sure everyone within the 49ers organization did as well. With that said, let's talk about this weekends match-up!

The 49ers did something this weekend to the Buffalo Bills that no other team in the history of the NFL has ever done. Our passing attack and running attack was the epitome of balanced. We rushed AND passed for over 300 yards in a game which like I mentioned above has never been done. Alex Smith has come such a LONG way under coach of the year Jim Harbaugh. It's actually remarkable to see as a 49er fan just how far he's come. For those who know and understand the Alex Smith story it's hard not to root for a guy like him. I use to think Smith was nothing more than a game manager but so far this season he has changed my perception of himself. his accuracy has been amazing and his ability to NOT turn the ball over is something we just arent use to seeing from him. Smith is no longer the weak spot on our offense and to be honest we don't have many weak spots on our team at all. We have so much depth on both offense and defense in 2012. Lets look at some numbers.

The 49ers lead the league in rushing averaging nearly 200 yards a game (195.8). We are not a one trick pony with Frank Gore either. We have several guys who can run the rock. Gore of course is our main rusher but not many people know about Kendal Hunter. This kid is gonna be special when he gets his chance to be a starter. With a rushing attack like ours and a great defense it's hard for opposing teams to get any kind of rhythm going. As a unit on offense we are ranked 6th in total offense while averaging 29.8 points per contest. Of course the best thing about the 49ers is their relentless defense which ranks 2nd in the NFL behind only the Seattle Seahags. Nobody can run the ball on us (Vikings had some success against us which is very rare) but other than them over the last season and a half it's not easy gaining yards on the ground against the best front 7 in the NFL. The difference from last years defense to this years defense is our secondary. We are also 2nd in the NFL with passing yards allowed averaging ONLY 181 yards per contest. That is impressive considering we have played some pretty good QB's in A.Rodgers and M.Stafford.

All stats aside I am expecting this game to be a hard fought game that will come down to the wire! May the best team win and hopefully it's an injury free Sunday! Good luck guys.

9ers win 31-24

TuckandRolle
10-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Alex Smith.

hadenough
10-08-2012, 04:24 PM
I think it may be a good game if the Giants can get healthier this week. They are missing a handful of key guys. The can miss those guys and beat less than good teams...but I don't think they have a shot at the 9ers unless they can get these guys back. Hopefully Nicks will come back this week, but we will see. Good luck regardless.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Alex Smith.

Alex Smith's #'s this season while having the best rushing attack in the league...

TDS

INT

YDS

RTG

Rudyy
10-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Vs Eli Manning.

nygfan90
10-08-2012, 04:26 PM
I thought we were talking about "This week's match-up"? Not the 49er's stat's.

TuckandRolle
10-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Alex Smith's #'s this season while having the best rushing attack in the league...

TDS

INT

YDS

RTG

You can have those stats and the qb. We're happy with Eli :D

9ernation94
I think it may be a good game if the Giants can get healthier this week. They are missing a handful of key guys. The can miss those guys and beat less than good teams...but I don't think they have a shot at the 9ers unless they can get these guys back. Hopefully Nicks will come back this week, but we will see. Good luck regardless.

We have been lucky so far this season. We have avoided any major injuries. We are expecting Brandon Jacobs to make his debut with the 9ers this week which should be fun to watch.

Buddy333
The 49ers OL worries the most. They are big and physical and the Giants DL is getting pushed around by everyone. All they have are excuses as to why this is happening. I hope they figure it out by Sunday or hey will get pushed back all day long.

thomsoad
49rs are a very good team.
Cant see anybody dispute that.
Giants normally step up these big games (outside our division).
That said...your team may very well beat us...frankly i wouldnt be surprised.
But if history is of any bearing ...you just better hope this is the only time you face us this year.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 04:28 PM
You can have those stats and the qb. We're happy with Eli :D

Well of course. He's a two time SB champ. I am just pointing out this Alex Smith is not the same QB who is known for being a failure. Harbaugh has really made this kid into a solid QB who makes smart decisions.

TheAnalyst
10-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Vernon Davis worries me. And Alex Smith's running worries me. 49ers d is nasty. It is a very tough test for the Giants especially with how injured they are.

TheEnigma
10-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Nice writeup OP. I want your thoughts on this possible scenario: The 49ers are down by two possessions to the Giants (Any moment in the game will suffice) due to an unexpected surge by the Giants offense. Do the 49ers make any changes to their offensive gameplan and if they go to the pass more, is there confidence in any of their receiving options sans Vernon Davis?

I respect what the 49ers bring out on the field but I do want to see them win a come from behind game this year to solidify their mental toughness in such a situation. The Falcons did that against the Panthers and that's why I have them ranked as the best team in the NFL as of this moment.

TuckandRolle
10-08-2012, 04:32 PM
The G-Men are resilient, I'm as nervous as anyone. But with Eli manning our ship I'm confident going to battle against anyone.

FBomb
10-08-2012, 04:33 PM
A classy post...see you Sunday.

Eli TO Shockey
10-08-2012, 04:35 PM
you can go gloat about your team on your own MB. nobody here cares.

btw, what happened to A.smith against the gmen in the playoffs last year? Oh yea..now i remember....what was it, 2 completions to WR's?

Eli TO Shockey
10-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Well of course. He's a two time SB champ. I am just pointing out this Alex Smith is not the same QB who is known for being a failure. Harbaugh has really made this kid into a solid QB who makes smart decisions.

what happens when alex smith falls behind? the Vikings game comes to mind. the REAL alex smith shows up. nothing more than a game manager..

YATittle1962
10-08-2012, 04:38 PM

I like Alex Smith

I always felt like he just needed the right coach

and the 49er defense scares the hell out of me

we also have no answer for Vernon Davis

if the Giants pass rush cannot get to Smith it will be a long day

I can see lots of over pursuit resulting in getting slashed by the screen pass

still predict a Giant victory 37 - 34 on a late FG

should be a fun watch

can't wait

PBTimmons
10-08-2012, 04:38 PM
I expect to see Eli drop back ALOT this game and I bet Gilbride will be focusing on a more west coast style of offense with quick slants and back shoulder throws.

Counter SF's run game with
-efficiency on offense
-avoid drive stalling plays and penalties
-no turnovers

dcpd813
10-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Nice writeup OP. I want your thoughts on this possible scenario: The 49ers are down by two possessions to the Giants (Any moment in the game will suffice) due to an unexpected surge by the Giants offense. Do the 49ers make any changes to their offensive gameplan and if they go to the pass more, is there confidence in any of their receiving options sans Vernon Davis?

I respect what the 49ers bring out on the field but I do want to see them win a come from behind game this year to solidify their mental toughness in such a situation. The Falcons did that against the Panthers and that's why I have them ranked as the best team in the NFL as of this moment.

I think that if that happens, Giants fans will be surprised with our passing game. Crabtree has really stepped up this year, Moss is dependable and I have been really happy with Manningham.

BParcells777
10-08-2012, 04:39 PM
First I wanna say congrats on beating us last season in the NFCCG. It was such a heart breaking loss and to be honest it has fueled some pretty hostile emotions towards your team, but nonetheless, I respect what you guys accomplished last season.I had this game circled the day the schedule came out and i'm pretty sure everyone within the 49ers organization did as well. With that said, let's talk about this weekends match-up!

The 49ers did something this weekend to the Buffalo Bills that no other team in the history of the NFL has ever done. Our passing attack and running attack was the epitome of balanced. We rushed AND passed for over 300 yards in a game which like I mentioned above has never been done. Alex Smith has come such a LONG way under coach of the year Jim Harbaugh. It's actually remarkable to see as a 49er fan just how far he's come. For those who know and understand the Alex Smith story it's hard not to root for a guy like him. I use to think Smith was nothing more than a game manager but so far this season he has changed my perception of himself. his accuracy has been amazing and his ability to NOT turn the ball over is something we just arent use to seeing from him. Smith is no longer the weak spot on our offense and to be honest we don't have many weak spots on our team at all. We have so much depth on both offense and defense in 2012. Lets look at some numbers.

The 49ers lead the league in rushing averaging nearly 200 yards a game (195.8). We are not a one trick pony with Frank Gore either. We have several guys who can run the rock. Gore of course is our main rusher but not many people know about Kendal Hunter. This kid is gonna be special when he gets his chance to be a starter. With a rushing attack like ours and a great defense it's hard for opposing teams to get any kind of rhythm going. As a unit on offense we are ranked 6th in total offense while averaging 29.8 points per contest. Of course the best thing about the 49ers is their relentless defense which ranks 2nd in the NFL behind only the Seattle Seahags. Nobody can run the ball on us (Vikings had some success against us which is very rare) but other than them over the last season and a half it's not easy gaining yards on the ground against the best front 7 in the NFL. The difference from last years defense to this years defense is our secondary. We are also 2nd in the NFL with passing yards allowed averaging ONLY 181 yards per contest. That is impressive considering we have played some pretty good QB's in A.Rodgers and M.Stafford.

All stats aside I am expecting this game to be a hard fought game that will come down to the wire! May the best team win and hopefully it's an injury free Sunday! Good luck guys.

9ers win 31-24

Please forgive us if we are not ready to award you the Lombardi Trophy this weekend......you guys are new to the scene but have quite a Rep.

What happened when you played Minny........it looks like they handled you pretty good. Its very hard to beat the Giants by more than a score.
We do not have all your gaudy stats.....just a very determined and talented team who has not yet clicked on all cylinders.......woe onto you if that happens this weekend

I doubt the Giants are taking you guys lightly. Probably have been saving a lot of plays until thids game.....good luck Sunday

drewz
10-08-2012, 04:41 PM
The 49ers put 600 yards on the Bills and suddenly think they're 2007 Patriots lol

dcpd813
10-08-2012, 04:42 PM
what happens when alex smith falls behind? the Vikings game comes to mind. the REAL alex smith shows up. nothing more than a game manager..

The Vikings game was an odd one. We never really had a shot in that one. Our defense couldn't get off the field on third downs and our offense never had a chance to get in rhythm. We only had three possessions in the first half. Obviously if the Giants can control the ball and the clock like that it's going to be a long day for the Niners.

TheEnigma
10-08-2012, 04:42 PM
I think that if that happens, Giants fans will be surprised with our passing game. Crabtree has really stepped up this year, Moss is dependable and I have been really happy with Manningham.

Anything is possible. Don't underestimate Prince Amukamara (who is quietly playing a very good season) and if our rookie CB Hosley plays this game, he's an excellent slot corner. Webster is always due for a great game as well.

Buddy333
10-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Lol. The 49ers are a very good team and will be very tough to beat. Last year is in the past. This year they look extremely good while the Giants have some major issues. Hope the Giants win but I don't like how they match up against the 49ers especially with all the injuries.

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 04:44 PM
The 49ers put 600 yards on the Bills and suddenly think they're 2007 Patriots lol

And what happened to them?!

TheEnigma
10-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Come on guys, the OP wasn't THAT bad. Of course he is excited that his team just made an NFL record yesterday. You dang right know we would be boasting about it too if we put up 300 yards of passing and rushing on the Browns. I'd say he was pretty classy and respectful with his introduction.

joemorrisforprez
10-08-2012, 04:45 PM
OP makes some great points.

I think if the Giants win, they will need not only a very strong game from Manning, but a resurgence from the defensive line.

A week ago I thought Bradshaw was washed up...and I was wrong.

Alot of fans are nervous about Tuck, Osi, and JPP, and the defense in general.....I'm hopeful that next week, they prove alot of people wrong.

Bottom line......the 49ers are looking very solid.

But, if the Minnesota Vikings can take them down, they can be beat.

And the Giants are the World Champs until further notice......for a reason.

TuckandRolle
10-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Please forgive us if we are not ready to award you the Lombardi Trophy this weekend......you guy are new to the scene but have quite a Rep.

What happened when you played Minny........it looks like they handled you pretty good. Its very hard to beat the Giants by more than a score.
We do not have all your gaudy stats.....just a very determined and talented team who has not yet clicked on all cylinders.......woe onto you if that happens this weekend

I doubt the Giants are taking you guys lightly. Probably have been saving a lot of plays until thids game.....good luck Sunday

You're missing one massive thing the Giants have the no other teams does... Eli Manning.

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Come on guys, the OP wasn't THAT bad. Of course he is excited that his team just made an NFL record yesterday. You dang right know we would be boasting about it too if we put up 300 yards of passing and rushing on the Browns. I'd say he was pretty classy and respectful with his introduction.We almost did.. we were pretty damn close to doing the same yesterday.

joemorrisforprez
10-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Come on guys, the OP wasn't THAT bad. Of course he is excited that his team just made an NFL record yesterday. You dang right know we would be boasting about it too if we put up 300 yards of passing and rushing on the Browns. I'd say he was pretty classy and respectful with his introduction.

I agree....the OP made some valid points. He had an opinion, and backed it up with some stats and explanations.

Frankly, the 49ers are looking like a very solid team....and it's pretty clear that by going after Jacobs and Manningham, they look at the NY Giants as the team to beat. Which they should.....because the Giants are the Champs right now.

chuy
10-08-2012, 04:52 PM

He has not led a comeback this season because the only game we've trailed in is the vikings game. However, don't you remember the Saints playoff game last year. He also led us back from a 21 poiont decifit against the eagles last season so its not like he has never comeback. Also, the Vikings ran the ball and completely controlled the tempo of the game. Last I check running the ball is not the Giants strength and we currently are one of the best D's against the pass. Good luck but logic and matchups point for disappoint for you.

TuckandRolle
10-08-2012, 04:53 PM
49ers fans popping up everywhere right now.

joemorrisforprez
Anything is possible. Don't underestimate Prince Amukamara (who is quietly playing a very good season) and if our rookie CB Hosley plays this game, he's an excellent slot corner. Webster is always due for a great game as well.

Hosley, Will Hill, and Stevie Brown have really impressed me. I feel much better about the secondary. My concern is matching up someone with Vernon Davis.

EnragedYouth85
Manningham was a good pick up, we will see how he does against us. Jacobs also was a good pickup but he has to make it onto the field and actually made some good running plays. We will see if he hurts below is pads or up high still..

TuckandRolle
10-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Hosley, Will Hill, and Stevie Brown have really impressed me. I feel much better about the secondary. My concern is matching up someone with Vernon Davis.

Fingers crossed Rivers is healthy. Him and J Williams have some serious speed at the LB position. I'm thinking the match up with him with one of those 2 guys.

joemorrisforprez
10-08-2012, 04:55 PM
He has not led a comeback this season because the only game we've trailed in is the vikings game. However, don't you remember the Saints playoff game last year. He also led us back from a 21 poiont decifit against the eagles last season so its not like he has never comeback. Also, the Vikings ran the ball and completely controlled the tempo of the game. Last I check running the ball is not the Giants strength and we currently are one of the best D's against the pass. Good luck but logic and matchups point for disappoint for you.

You must have missed yesterday's curb-stomping of the Browns.

Seriously, you've got a good team. But, right now, the Giants are in your head, baby.

TheEnigma
10-08-2012, 04:55 PM

The Giants are ranked 12th overall for running the ball. Granted, that stat is a bit inflated from the Panthers and Browns games but so are your stats taking advantage of a Bills defense that even the Jets owned.

ny06
10-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Logic and matchups went out the window in the Vikings game. And since you know NOTHING about the Giants. They play there best ball on the road and when the odds are against them.

joemorrisforprez
10-08-2012, 04:56 PM
The Giants are ranked 12th overall for running the ball. Granted, that stat is a bit inflated from the Panthers and Browns games but so are your stats taking advantage of a Bills defense that even the Jets owned.

True....the Bills couldn't beat Alabama.

chuy
10-08-2012, 04:57 PM

It depends on when it is in the game. I think if its 1st half or early in the 3rd quarter we do not abandon our gameplan. We still tout one of the best D's in the league so we would trust them to keep you guys from scoring and we try to chop down the lead. Now if we're talking late 3rd quarter or 4th then of course we start to throw more. We do have experience coming back by multiple scores (eagles game last season) and multiple times in the 4th quarter (saints playoff game last season). I hope it doesn't come down to this.

Now ask yourself that question. What if you guys get down by 2 scores against the 2nd best pass D in the league, what will you do then?

Eli TO Shockey
10-08-2012, 04:59 PM

"matchups" didnt bode well for your team against the vikings. "matchups" didnt bode well for your team in the playoffs either. I watched the vikings game and saw alex smith, the same alex smith i have been seeing for the past 8 years...an average quarterback. I just find it hard to believe he'd be this same QB if he was asked to do more..or played for a team that actually had some flaws and needed the QB to take the team to the next level. He's a good fit for your team...a game manager. nothing wrong with that...

TheEnigma
10-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Now ask yourself that question. What if you guys get down by 2 scores against the 2nd best pass D in the league, what will you do then?

Abuse Carlos Rogers? Tarell Brown isn't too shabby but not unbeatable either. We face better defensive backs in our own division against the Cowboys and Eagles so we're used to secondaries that are good. Depending on the amount of time left on the clock, I'm not too worried about your pass coverage unless you switch to multiple nickel and dime packages.

chuy
10-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Logic and matchups went out the window in the Vikings game. And since you know NOTHING about the Giants. They play there best ball on the road and when the odds are against them.

First of all the Vikings are 4-1 and clearly a good team so they just beat us. Second, you guys are a passing team and right now we have the 2nd best pass D in the league and that is after playing the Pack and the Lions. A wish to play well because you feel you are the underdogs is nice and all but is a bit of a stretch to in any way validate that we should expect a loss.

repeatchamps
10-08-2012, 05:02 PM
It depends on when it is in the game. I think if its 1st half or early in the 3rd quarter we do not abandon our gameplan. We still tout one of the best D's in the league so we would trust them to keep you guys from scoring and we try to chop down the lead. Now if we're talking late 3rd quarter or 4th then of course we start to throw more. We do have experience coming back by multiple scores (eagles game last season) and multiple times in the 4th quarter (saints playoff game last season). I hope it doesn't come down to this.

Let Eli Manning draw from his NFL record breaking experience in the realm of come back football and do it once again. A 2 score lead at any point in the game (other than when 0:00 is on the clock in the 4th) won't be enough not even for a top calibur defense like the 49ers. You better hope the 49ers get up 21+ points or they'll be taking a big risk in allowing the Giants to hang around by being up anything less than that.

TuckandRolle
10-08-2012, 05:02 PM

What we do to everyone else, put the ball in Eli Manning's hands, sit back, and enjoy the show!

Eli TO Shockey
10-08-2012, 05:03 PM

keep throwing, we have arguably the best QB in the business.

Eli TO Shockey
10-08-2012, 05:03 PM
What we do to everyone else, put the ball in Eli Manning's hands, sit back, and enjoy the show!

its what he does best.

chuy
10-08-2012, 05:04 PM
Abuse Carlos Rogers? Tarell Brown isn't too shabby but not unbeatable either. We face better defensive backs in our own division against the Cowboys and Eagles so we're used to secondaries that are good. Depending on the amount of time left on the clock, I'm not too worried about your pass coverage unless you switch to multiple nickel and dime packages.

Now you're talking about big name acquistions not how these players are actually playing. Look, I thought the eagles and cowboys secondaries were gonna be studs also but that is hype not how they are actually performing. I don't blame you for thinking your team can win, I'm stating the reasons why I think they won't. It's all in good fun, looking forward to a great game.

joemorrisforprez
10-08-2012, 05:05 PM
First of all the Vikings are 4-1 and clearly a good team so they just beat us. Second, you guys are a passing team and right now we have the 2nd best pass D in the league and that is after playing the Pack and the Lions. A wish to play well because you feel you are the underdogs is nice and all but is a bit of a stretch to in any way validate that we should expect a loss.

I can rattle off alot of 4-1 teams over the years that haven't amounted to a hill of beans.

Frankly, I'm not sure if the 49ers are even going to win the NFC West.

I'm not guaranteeing a win......it's going to be a tough game. However, I feel good about the Giant's chances because:

1) The Giants are the Super Bowls Champs
2) Our QB is a 2 time SB MVP.
3) Giants beat 49ers in the NFCCG

Since the last time these teams met, teh 49ers have retooled a bit....but so have the Giants. It should be a fun game.

chuy
10-08-2012, 05:07 PM

keep throwing, we have arguably the best QB in the business.

its what he does best.

Agree Manning is clutch. Hopefully we're able to hold him at the end of the game and I'm banking on yes we will. No disrespect and I'm expecting a close game just think we will win. I've posted my prediction on a couple of threads here I'm predicting a 20-13 win so I'm not under the dilusion that we will blow you guys out. I expect a tough, hard fought game.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 05:08 PM

Thanks.

Crabtree has become Alex Smith's favorite target this season besides Vernon Davis. Crabtree is having his best season by far already and the chemistry is there between the two of them more so than ever. Manningham and Smith have looked better each and every week and I expect that to continue to grow as the season progresses. Harbaugh and OC Greg Roman are the masters of making a gameplan but yes of course if we are trailing late in the game it would force us to change our approach im sure.

Alex Smith and our offense has had plenty of game winning drives... so be it none of them came this season but believe it or not Alex SMith had the most come from behind victory's last season... so we have the ability to do it just so happens we havent had many chances to do so this season. Our defense is beasting this year and making things pretty easy for our offense.

Sarcasman

9ers win 31-24

Are you done jerking off yet?

Why is it only a SF fan can make a "good luck to both teams" post sound like "watch me while I stroke off over how good my team is..oh, and you guys are good too. Really.". The funny thing to me is that SF Giants fans do the same thing....

No consistent championships to speak of but lots of but lots and lots of "look at us! look at us! we're really good! we're a burgeoning dynasty!"

WIn a few championships and then lets' talk.

Eli TO Shockey
Now you're talking about big name acquistions not how these players are actually playing. Look, I thought the eagles and cowboys secondaries were gonna be studs also but that is hype not how they are actually performing. I don't blame you for thinking your team can win, I'm stating the reasons why I think they won't. It's all in good fun, looking forward to a great game.

this overconfident, ****y arrogance from niners nation is all too familiar. I remember the same "we are way better than you on paper" talk last year before we came into your house and beat you.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 05:10 PM
you can go gloat about your team on your own MB. nobody here cares.

btw, what happened to A.smith against the gmen in the playoffs last year? Oh yea..now i remember....what was it, 2 completions to WR's?

compare last years WR's to this year. Clearly we have made MANY upgrades at the position. BTW I was not gloating just throwing some numbers out there for you guys to chew on.

TheEnigma
10-08-2012, 05:10 PM

Uhh Brandon Carr and DRC are better than any CBs on your roster. Have you actually watched those two play? Carr only got abused by Brandon Marshall but Marshall has a tendency to perform very well against top DBs. You must of assumed I was giving props to Nnamdi which isn't case at all but rather DRC and Boykin who are around the top of the league in Yards Allowed Per Route Ran.

The point is that the Giants know the whole deal with Carlos Rogers and how to abuse him. Remember he was the one who struggled mightily against Cruz in the NFCCG. Brown isn't a bad player but again, we can get our shots in on him if need be. The only players we seriously worry about are your two inside linebackers and some of your dlinemen.

repeatchamps
10-08-2012, 05:12 PM

Other than Detroit who only have Calvin Johnson and no run game and GB whose o-line can't block a pee-wee Defensive front and has no run game period, what threatening passing games have the 49ers faced? The #2 ranking is inflated. You are about to take on arguably the #1 passing attack in the NFL. The Giants have 5 WR's that could start for many teams and finally a true weapon at TE. Your team are also going up against one of the top pass blocking O-lines in the NFL (4 sacks allowed and barely any knock-downs of Eli that weren't late hits that were penalized). And don't come at me and say look what the 49ers did to Eli in the playoffs because this O-line has new/different additions to it that are better at pass protection by miles over last year's squad. I think you are a tad bit over-confident in your comments regarding your team's pass defense.

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 05:13 PM

I'd be interested to see that. Crabtree is good but inconsistent. He's yet to accomplish anything significant in the league. Moss is a washed up after thought. If he's your number 2, well all I can say is: about that, sorry.

I really like Manningham but there's a reason the Giants let him walk. Putting aside the SB catch, his field awareness is below average as is his consistency and route running.

You were saying?

Eli TO Shockey
compare last years WR's to this year. Clearly we have made MANY upgrades at the position. BTW I was not gloating just throwing some numbers out there for you guys to chew on.

gloat (glt)
intr.v. gloat·ed, gloat·ing, gloats
To feel or express great, often malicious, pleasure or self-satisfaction

sound familiar?

9ernation94

Thank you. I wasn't trying to come across as arrogant at all.

chuy
10-08-2012, 05:15 PM
this overconfident, ****y arrogance from niners nation is all too familiar. I remember the same "we are way better than you on paper" talk last year before we came into your house and beat you.

What is arrogant about pointing out how much the Eagles have underachieved since last season and the Cowboys well the Cowboys always underachieve because they are overhyped every year. I didn't say anything bad about the Giants, I think you guys have been the best team in the NFC East for the past 3-4 seasons. I'm just pointing out that big names don't mean squat, what they do on the field is what they should be judged by. The Eagles have shown resiliency this year but I still don't see them as great, IMO Vick is above average at best and their secondary has severely underachieved since trading for Rodgers-Cromartie and signing Asomogua. I do think Demeco Ryans was a great pickup and unlike the others he has performed.

repeatchamps
10-08-2012, 05:18 PM

Other than Detroit who only have Calvin Johnson and no run game and GB whose o-line can't block a pee-wee Defensive front and has no run game period, what threatening passing games have the 49ers faced? The #2 ranking is inflated. You are about to take on arguably the #1 passing attack in the NFL. The Giants have 5 WR's that could start for many teams and finally a true weapon at TE. Your team are also going up against one of the top pass blocking O-lines in the NFL (4 sacks allowed and barely any knock-downs of Eli that weren't late hits that were penalized). And don't come at me and say look what the 49ers did to Eli in the playoffs because this O-line has new/different additions to it that are better at pass protection by miles over last year's squad. I think you are a tad bit over-confident in your comments regarding your team's pass defense.

Bump

BParcells777
10-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Thanks for patting yourselves on the back LOL
May the better team win
Lets see .........one team has a future Hall of Fame QB, and the other has a Journeyman QB
which one is which? Hey I have a good idea.....Run Brandon Jacobs at us all day

GiantGremlin
10-08-2012, 05:19 PM

You don't need to give the full analysis on your team - we know you're plenty good, and will be very tough to beat given the circumstances, however I'm more concerned with the Giants beating Wash & Dallas in the 2 consec weeks following the game against you guys than beating you on Sunday...You guys winning, whether it's by 1 pt or 50 pts would be a very small consolation for the playoff loss last year & other than playoff tie-breaking implications down the road for the Giants - just doesn't mean a whole lot in week 6.

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 05:21 PM
"matchups" didnt bode well for your team against the vikings. "matchups" didnt bode well for your team in the playoffs either. I watched the vikings game and saw alex smith, the same alex smith i have been seeing for the past 8 years...an average quarterback. I just find it hard to believe he'd be this same QB if he was asked to do more..or played for a team that actually had some flaws and needed the QB to take the team to the next level. He's a good fit for your team...a game manager. nothing wrong with that...

There is nothing wrong with having a good game manager, particularly when you are building the Ravens of the west. Extremely strong stout defense, very good running game. You don't need a great QB.

Both teams got to the SB with that formula in 2000. Then one team's game manager realized he'd been playing over his head all year and the other guy just kept right on managing his team to a victory.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Currently 1st in NFL in Net Points (81)
Currently T-1st in NFC in TDs (17) and T-2nd in NFL in TDs (Behind Patriots)
Currently 1st in NFC in Points Allowed (68) and 2nd in NFL behind the Houston Texans who are to play tonight and have (56)
Currently 4th in the NFL for points scored (149)

BParcells777
10-08-2012, 05:23 PM

Don't expect a loss.......its more fun that way

Can't wait to see Harbaugh's face as the Qtrs, minutes, seconds drip away, and reality sets in

and PS- you are not getting near Eli.......nobody is sacking Eli this year.....its the year of the totally white uniform

chuy
10-08-2012, 05:24 PM

Uhh Nicks and Cruz are great but aside from that I think you're overhyping your guys there buddy. Barden and Randle are average #3 receivers at best. Bennett is good but nowhere near the level of top flight TE's. There is a reason he was a backup in Dallas his entire career. I understand you like you're guys but your not 5 deep with probowlers and your TE is not probowl material either. Manning IMO is what makes your offense go but I still think Rodgers is a better QB than him and has better weapons and we handled them pretty well.

Also, our Offense is playing way better than we did at any point last season. We also had Crabtree and Brett Swain was our second receiver against you guys in the NFCCG. I'm fairly confident we will field better WRs than that this time around.

And again, I'm not saying we're dominate in a blowout, I just feel like we're gonna win a close, hard fought game. If you disagree sorry for ya, I guess we'll find out on Sunday won't we.

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 05:25 PM

Let's not get crazy. Just because the Vikings beat the niners doesn't make them clearly a good team. How arrogant.

They beat 3 crap teams, 1 good team and lost to a mediocre team. They are the definition of average at this point.

Eli TO Shockey
10-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Currently 1st in NFC in Points Allowed (68) and 2nd in NFL behind the Houston Texans who are to play tonight and have (56)

lmao. and your not gloating? just simply stating facts? good one.

ny06
10-08-2012, 05:26 PM
How cute he brought stats to the conversation.
Stats are meaningless, it's who executes and makes the least amount of mistakes who wins.

Eli TO Shockey
10-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Uhh Nicks and Cruz are great but aside from that I think you're overhyping your guys there buddy. Barden and Randle are average #3 receivers at best. Bennett is good but nowhere near the level of top flight TE's. There is a reason he was a backup in Dallas his entire career. I understand you like you're guys but your not 5 deep with probowlers and your TE is not probowl material either. Manning IMO is what makes your offense go but I still think Rodgers is a better QB than him and has better weapons and we handled them pretty well.

Also, our Offense is playing way better than we did at any point last season. We also had Crabtree and Brett Swain was our second receiver against you guys in the NFCCG. I'm fairly confident we will field better WRs than that this time around.

And again, I'm not saying we're dominate in a blowout, I just feel like we're gonna win a close, hard fought game. If you disagree sorry for ya, I guess we'll find out on Sunday won't we.

had we lost that game in the playoffs last year, i'd be bitter too.

TheEnigma
10-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Let's not get crazy. Just because the Vikings beat the niners doesn't make them clearly a good team. How arrogant.

They beat 3 crap teams, 1 good team and lost to a mediocre team. They are the definition of average at this point.

Vikings seem legit this year. They could be another Cardinals case (C'mon, are people really expecting Kolb and that Oline to go far into the season?) but I really like what they are doing on D and the improvements Ponder has made since I was one of his biggest critics drafting him so high.

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Thank you. I wasn't trying to come across as arrogant at all.

That's what's so obnoxious about it.

BParcells777
Get out your Crying Towels 49r fans

9ernation94
lmao. and your not gloating? just simply stating facts? good one.

I'm sorry if the numbers are offensive to you.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 05:30 PM
How cute he brought stats to the conversation.
Stats are meaningless, it's who executes and makes the least amount of mistakes who wins.

I agree. State are a guide line though as to how teams are playing are they not?

repeatchamps

Lol, the Giants outrank the 49ers in every major offensive category except rushing (but still the Giants average 120/game & 4.8 per carry with Bradshaw-who missed one game-and 3 guys behind him who are pretty much rookies, not bad). They have one TD more than the Giants but the Giants have way more FG's than the 49ers which puts the Giants ahead of SF in Points per game scored.

Sarcasman
You don't need to give the full analysis on your team - we know you're plenty good, and will be very tough to beat given the circumstances, however I'm more concerned with the Giants beating Wash & Dallas in the 2 consec weeks following the game against you guys than beating you on Sunday...You guys winning, whether it's by 1 pt or 50 pts would be a very small consolation for the playoff loss last year & other than playoff tie-breaking implications down the road for the Giants - just doesn't mean a whole lot in week 6.

I agree. I would trade a loss to the niners for DAL and WAS wins any day.

Somehow I don;t think niners fans feel the same way about this game....

chuy
10-08-2012, 05:32 PM
There is nothing wrong with having a good game manager, particularly when you are building the Ravens of the west. Extremely strong stout defense, very good running game. You don't need a great QB.

Both teams got to the SB with that formula in 2000. Then one team's game manager realized he'd been playing over his head all year and the other guy just ket right on managing his team to a victory.

Next time you bring this up why don't you bother to look up some data before you make that claim. I would say Alex Smith is not playing anything like Trent Dilfer when he won a SB with the ravens:

Trent Dilfer: 134/226 59.3 comp % 1502 yds 12 TDs 11 Ints 76.6 QB Rating (this is in 11 games with 8 starts)
Alex Smith: 94/137 68.6 comp % 1087 yds 8 TDs 1 Int 108.7 QB Rating (this season in 5 games)

So get out of here with that BS. Alex Smith is currently the #1 rated QB in the NFL!

BParcells777
10-08-2012, 05:33 PM
I agree. State are a guide line though as to how teams are playing are they not?

We dont do stat battles.........we win Super Bowls and have appeared in more of them in the last 25 years than anyone else
winning at an .800 clip.......choke on that Stat

Your like the new kid son the block trying to make an impression.........how long has it been since you won a Super Bowl BTW?

Eli TO Shockey

your 13-3 record and amazing defense didnt mean much... especially when you turned your tv on superbowl sunday and watched the giants beat "the best offense". stats are great for fantasy football. didnt do much for your team when it mattered most.

TheEnigma
Stats are useful to a degree but you should always be prepared for them to be countered with a possibly superior line of logic backed up with even more thorough statistics. I don't mind opposing fans using them since us Giants fans love to throw Eli's accolades in others' faces.

Sarcasman

Fair points. I too think Bennett is over rated as a receiver. He's a phenomenal run blocker though. And Barden, Randle et al...are decent receivers. I'd put them in the Manningham class, no higher.

Eli TO Shockey
10-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Next time you bring this up why don't you bother to look up some data before you make that claim. I would say Alex Smith is not playing anything like Trent Dilfer when he won a SB with the ravens:

Trent Dilfer: 134/226 59.3 comp % 1502 yds 12 TDs 11 Ints 76.6 QB Rating (this is in 11 games with 8 starts)
Alex Smith: 94/137 68.6 comp % 1087 yds 8 TDs 1 Int 108.7 QB Rating (this season in 5 games)

So get out of here with that BS. Alex Smith is currently the #1 rated QB in the NFL!

right. the best qb in the nfl. how delusional are you guys? this is comedy.

chuy
10-08-2012, 05:36 PM
I agree. I would trade a loss to the niners for DAL and WAS wins any day.

Somehow I don;t think niners fans feel the same way about this game....

Trust me, I know division games are most important but because of the success our division is having this season we need all the wins we can get. Anyway we'll get all these questions answered this weekend. Good luck to your team, hope they play their best so they aren't any excuses and hope for no injuries.

BParcells777

with a thoudand YDs passing?????????? Eli does 500 in a single game LOL

BParcells777
Hold on to those KO's LOL

repeatchamps
10-08-2012, 05:37 PM

Hixon, Randle or Barden have the tools to start on several teams in this league. I never said probowlers but capable starters that can do the job especially with a QB like Manning. Bennett is not Gonzalez, Gates or Gronk or the dude in New Orleans and perhaps Davis is a better receiver but Bennett is by far one of the best blockers at TE in the NFL. Top 3. As he continues to learn the offense he will do some severe damage in the passing game too. He has 3 TD's in 5 games not bad for a TE who focuses on blocking more than most TE's and is learning a new scheme. You also did not address the Giants pass blocking conveniently. You keep blabbing about GB being all that, but their O-line can't block a pee-wee squad rendering Rodgers and all his weapons useless.

TheEnigma

Alex Smith beat up on the Lions (Bottom 5 secondary), Packers (They're being exposed this year overall), Jets (Without Revis which you know was huge), Bills (LOL that is all), and Vikings (They're secondary is underrated but nothing to be scared of). Not exactly teams I'd boost about picking on. He's playing good football this year but you do have to take into account of the lack of talent he has faced at CB.

Sarcasman
Vikings seem legit this year. They could be another Cardinals case (C'mon, are people really expecting Kolb and that Oline to go far into the season?) but I really like what they are doing on D and the improvements Ponder has made since I was one of his biggest critics drafting him so high.

Yeah, they might be. It's too early to tell and anointing them "clearly good" simply because they beat your home team (not literally yours, mind you) is either ludicrous, arrogant or both.

Eli TO Shockey
10-08-2012, 05:39 PM
arguments aside...the Vikings are playing very good football.

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 05:40 PM

No. They are meaningless mathematical ratios created similarly to how one uses a lamp post.

Most folks use it for illumination, drunks use it for support.

chuy
10-08-2012, 05:41 PM
right. the best qb in the nfl. how delusional are you guys? this is comedy.

I don't think he's the best QB in the league (even though he is rated that now) but he certainly isn't Trent Dilfer as the other poster was eluding to. If you're team thinks they will be playing Trent Dilfer on Sunday then that stupidity alone deserves the whoopin they're gonna get. Hope those who think we're not as good as advertised don't cry to much on Sunday, I know I'll be having a good time.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 05:41 PM

Stop using stats and data! You're just bragging.

repeatchamps
10-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Fair points. I too think Bennett is over rated as a receiver. He's a phenomenal run blocker though. And Barden, Randle et al...are decent receivers. I'd put them in the Manningham class, no higher.

Disagree on Bennett. Can the guy work himself into the scheme a bit more before we call him an overrated receiver? Name me one TE that has taken on the load from a blocking aspect that Bennett has until now that still tears it up receiving all while learning a new complex offensive scheme.

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 05:45 PM
My God is this how it's going to be all week... 49ers fans giving us props then gloating about their team. It is starting to get real sickening. I'm sorry if you Crabtree is improving and he is your best receiver, then I just feel bad for you. I heard someone say besides Nicks and Cruz that our wr's are not all what we think they are. Well that might be true but Nicks and Cruz are way better then a washed up Randy Moss and an Improving Crabtree. Cruz and Nick are top 5 talent can't say the same for any of your wr's. While those other wr you think suck...well I have to say to that who do you have as you 3,4,5 wrs???? Also who is throwing these guys the ball??? Eli makes those guys top talents, while Alex Smith manages them.

repeatchamps
10-08-2012, 05:45 PM
I don't think he's the best QB in the league (even though he is rated that now) but he certainly isn't Trent Dilfer as the other poster was eluding to. If you're team thinks they will be playing Trent Dilfer on Sunday then that stupidity alone deserves the whoopin they're gonna get. Hope those who think we're not as good as advertised don't cry to much on Sunday, I know I'll be having a good time.

His ranking is ranked this high based on his one INT. The rating puts too much weight on INT's. Eli has 5 Int's but has more TD's, passing yards and has helped his team put up more points than Alex Smith has all while having a spotty, inexperienced at times rushing attack.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Can we all agree the 49ers vs Giants will likely turn out to be a very good rivalry renewed?

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 05:47 PM

Wow, are you serious? You are actually going to extrapolate judgment on the entire season based on 5 games? No wonder you are still so pissed about last year's loss...I guess it was all supposed to just drop into script according to your stats and fantasies, huh?

Until Smith does something of note in his career - and no, I will not be choosing to toss out 7 YEARS worth of playing in favor of the last 5 games - he will remain what he is.

No one outside of the bay area worries about Alex Smith just like no one outside the bay area believes that a washed up first round bust turned special teams player somehow was the difference between a SB berth and disappointment for the niners last year.

Nice try though.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 05:49 PM
My God is this how it's going to be all week... 49ers fans giving us props then gloating about their team. It is starting to get real sickening. I'm sorry if you Crabtree is improving and he is your best receiver, then I just feel bad for you. I heard someone say besides Nicks and Cruz that our wr's are not all what we think they are. Well that might be true but Nicks and Cruz are way better then a washed up Randy Moss and an Improving Crabtree. Cruz and Nick are top 5 talent can't say the same for any of your wr's. While those other wr you think suck...well I have to say to that who do you have as you 3,4,5 wrs???? Also who is throwing these guys the ball??? Eli makes those guys top talents, while Alex Smith manages them.

You underestimate our offensive playmakers big time.

Who is going to cover VD?

Throw in gore, Hunter, Manningham,Moss,Crabtree and Kyle Williams and we have a very multi dimensional offense. Also there is nothing wrong with some good football talk. At least we aren't sitting here talkin bad about your team...at least i'm not. In the OP I pointed out that I respect ur team and their recent accomplishments.

TheEnigma
10-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Can we all agree the 49ers vs Giants will likely turn out to be a very good rivalry renewed?

Already on it's way there. I hope we get another game with you guys next year since the 49ers are one of the best teams in the NFL to use as a measuring stick to determine where you stand yourself.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Wow, are you serious? You are actually going to extrapolate judgment on the entire season based on 5 games? No wonder you are still so pissed about last year's loss...I guess it was all supposed to just drop into script according to your stats and fantasies, huh?

Until Smith does something of note in his career - and no, I will not be choosing to toss out 7 YEARS worth of playing in favor of the last 5 games - he will remain what he is.

No one outside of the bay area worries about Alex Smith just like no one outside the bay area believes that a washed up first round bust turned special teams player somehow was the difference between a SB berth and disappointment for the niners last year.

Nice try though.

Alex Smith led 2 game winning drives against the high powered offense against the saints last year. As well as 4 other come from behind victories last season under Harbaugh. Yes he hasn't won a SB but with the way our team is built it's possible he gets himself a ring... I don't think it's far fetched to believe he can either.

BParcells777
10-08-2012, 05:51 PM

Throw in gore, Hunter, Manningham,Moss,Crabtree and Kyle Williams and we have a very multi dimensional offense. Also there is nothing wrong with some good football talk. At least we aren't sitting here talkin bad about your team...at least i'm not. In the OP I pointed out that I respect ur team and their recent accomplishments.

were not underestimating your team........only one thing is certain......when the game ends we wont be seeing you around here for eons

Moke
10-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Alex Smith led 2 game winning drives against the high powered offense against the saints last year. As well as 4 other come from behind victories last season under Harbaugh. Yes he hasn't won a SB but with the way our team is built it's possible he gets himself a ring... I don't think it's far fetched to believe he can either.

I think you're in denial that the Giants will open a can of whoop *** on the 49ers.

No Nicks, and 6-7 other injuries.

Eli TO Shockey
10-08-2012, 05:53 PM

whats far fetched is thinking you'll win BECAUSE of A.smith and his greatness. Solid team all around...with an average QB running the show.

9ernation94
His ranking is ranked this high based on his one INT. The rating puts too much weight on INT's. Eli has 5 Int's but has more TD's, passing yards and has helped his team put up more points than Alex Smith has all while having a spotty, inexperienced at times rushing attack.

We don't lean on Smith like you guys do Manning. Two different approaches both generating great outcomes. I don't see how that is a fault on Alex's play.

9ernation94
whats far fetched is thinking you'll win BECAUSE of A.smith and his greatness. Solid team all around...with an average QB running the show.

I never said we would win because of him but I think we are capable WITH him.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 05:54 PM
I think you're in denial that the Giants will open a can of whoop *** on the 49ers.

No Nicks, and 6-7 other injuries.

You're delusional if you think this game will be a blow out.

Moke
10-08-2012, 05:55 PM
You're delusional if you think this game will be a blow out.

Can of whoop *** doesn't mean blow out. Get real 49ers fan, get real!

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 05:55 PM

Moron, I said he's a game manager until he proves otherwise. That's all.

I can understand the miscommunication. I'm basing my opinion on the past 7 years of his career, his entire career in fact.

You are basing it on the past 5 games.

I never said anything about the niners not being very, very good. That's all I've said on all of these threads.

The fact that you are either unable to comprehend that or that anyone implying that the niners aren't the next great football dynasty means "that stupidity alone deserves the whoopin they're gonna get" is exactly the arrogance I'm talking about.

Your team has won nothing yet you quote stats like they're replacements for wins and then get offended when someone disagrees with you. Grow up, chump.

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Stop using stats and data! You're just bragging.

Stop cherry picking stats and data! It makes you look like an imbecile who doesn't understand football.

chuy
10-08-2012, 05:58 PM
I never said we would win because of him but I think we are capable WITH him.

We don't lean on Smith like you guys do Manning. Two different approaches both generating great outcomes. I don't see how that is a fault on Alex's play.

This^ and this^. Just because we're not totally dependent on Alex Smith does not mean he's terrible. He is playing great in our Offense and has been the most efficient QB the last 2 seasons. He even out-played Manning in the NFCCG (even though I understand our D is better than yours). The two ST TO's whether you like it or not had a lot to do with the outcome of that game. We have improved tremendously and you guys will see it first hand on Sunday. Can't wait to see us lay down the wood and win a tough fought game.

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Disagree on Bennett. Can the guy work himself into the scheme a bit more before we call him an overrated receiver? Name me one TE that has taken on the load from a blocking aspect that Bennett has until now that still tears it up receiving all while learning a new complex offensive scheme.

I'm fine with giving him time. It's the incessant pimping of him here that turns me off to him. He could end up being great and I hope he does but give me a break....his spectacularly average stats are just that. Average. He's a great blocker now and he may turn into a fantastic receiver but he isn't one today.

TheEnigma
10-08-2012, 05:59 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Rc8k_D3yYoE/Tw4IyOKMysI/AAAAAAAAAls/awgasVzJMfA/s320/Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 06:00 PM

Yes.

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 06:00 PM

Throw in gore, Hunter, Manningham,Moss,Crabtree and Kyle Williams and we have a very multi dimensional offense. Also there is nothing wrong with some good football talk. At least we aren't sitting here talkin bad about your team...at least i'm not. In the OP I pointed out that I respect ur team and their recent accomplishments.LOL (clap,clap) you can name all you offensive weapons....let me give it a try Eli, Cruz, Nicks, Hixon, Randle, Barden, Wilson Punt returner, Bradshaw, Bennett. We are pretty well diverse on offense too.Your the one that was putting down our 3,4,5, wr. It's just sickening to see you guys on here we don't see you after NFCC and now because you team is playing us your going to gloat but if you lose we won't see you for a year and if you win we won't be able to get you of our boards for the whole week.

chuy
10-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Moron, I said he's a game manager until he proves otherwise. That's all.

I can understand the miscommunication. I'm basing my opinion on the past 7 years of his career, his entire career in fact.

You are basing it on the past 5 games.

I never said anything about the niners not being very, very good. That's all I've said on all of these threads.

The fact that you are either unable to comprehend that or that anyone implying that the niners aren't the next great football dynasty means "that stupidity alone deserves the whoopin they're gonna get" is exactly the arrogance I'm talking about.

Your team has won nothing yet you quote stats like they're replacements for wins and then get offended when someone disagrees with you. Grow up, chump.

I'm actually basing it on the last 2 1/2 years. You guys really come off as arrogant with Eli when granted he was the main component in last years SB, your D and running game was the reason Eli won his 1st SB. What short memories you guys have...

chuy
10-08-2012, 06:02 PM
LOL (clap,clap) you can name all you offensive weapons....let me give it a try Eli, Cruz, Nicks, Hixon, Randle, Barden, Wilson Punt returner, Bradshaw, Bennett. We are pretty well diverse on offense too.Your the one that was putting down our 3,4,5, wr. It's just sickening to see you guys on here we don't see you after NFCC and now because you team is playing us your going to gloat but if you lose we won't see you for a year and if you win we won't be able to get you of our boards for the whole week.

I was the one responding to the post of someone on your board who said you had 5 starting WRs on your team and a stud TE. Please, we all know that is not close to true.

Eli TO Shockey
10-08-2012, 06:06 PM
This^ and this^. Just because we're not totally dependent on Alex Smith does not mean he's terrible. He is playing great in our Offense and has been the most efficient QB the last 2 seasons. He even out-played Manning in the NFCCG (even though I understand our D is better than yours). The two ST TO's whether you like it or not had a lot to do with the outcome of that game. We have improved tremendously and you guys will see it first hand on Sunday. Can't wait to see us lay down the wood and win a tough fought game.

Manning 32/58 316 2td 0int
Smith 12/26 196 2td 0int

right...completely outplayed eli. lol. lets not forget how smith played in the 4th QTR and OT. throwing at receivers feet. 2 completions total to WR the entire game...he choked. plain and simple.

rainierjef
10-08-2012, 06:09 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Rc8k_D3yYoE/Tw4IyOKMysI/AAAAAAAAAls/awgasVzJMfA/s320/Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

this

Eli TO Shockey
10-08-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm actually basing it on the last 2 1/2 years. You guys really come off as arrogant with Eli when granted he was the main component in last years SB, your D and running game was the reason Eli won his 1st SB. What short memories you guys have...

right...and elis outstanding play in the playoffs where he threw 7 or 8 TD and 1 INT(not his fault) had nothing to do with it. lol

zimonami
10-08-2012, 06:10 PM
The defense was awesome, but the running game got a whole 91 yards and was not a reason for the victory... Eli was 19/34 with 2 TD passes and the single most incredible pass completion in SuperBowl history, PLUS the MVP
... What short memories you guys have...

Sarcasman

He was extremely impressive in the Saints game last year. He has clearly flourished under Harbaugh's coaching (it's amazing how those who can't do, coach isn't it....I mean Harbaugh sucked but he is a tremendous QB coach) and is likely to continue to improve. All of those things are positives.

But he hasn't done it yet and he may never. You are acting like it's a foregone conclusion and I'm saying let's not drive him to Canton just yet.

Eli TO Shockey

chuy
10-08-2012, 06:15 PM
right...and elis outstanding play in the playoffs where he threw 7 or 8 TD and 1 INT(not his fault) had nothing to do with it. lol

Alex Smith had 5 passing TDs and 1 rushing TD in two games in the playoffs with 0 INTs. What's you're point? Eli threw for more yds in the NFCCG but only accounted for 2 TDs same as Smith and it still took two ST turnovers our our side of the field to even get Eli to OT. Those are the facts. I'm not crying about it though, it happened and you guys won so good for you. You also had to earn the SB as well so I'm not saying you didn't earn it, just saying you were very fortunate to win the NFCCG. Don't expect those same mistakes again and we will see if you guys are good enough to get to the playoffs to prove it again, I know we'll be there waiting.

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 06:19 PM

I'll accept your changing the subject as surrender; I'm aware of how hard it is for you Harbaugh's to admit that anyone else might be just as good as you think you are.

By the way, if your argument was 1 and 1/2 years, I'd be buying, no question. I have a hard time calling his 2010, 14 TD and 10 INT season indicative of a really good QB.

GMENAGAIN
10-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Alex Smith had 5 passing TDs and 1 rushing TD in two games in the playoffs with 0 INTs. What's you're point? Eli threw for more yds in the NFCCG but only accounted for 2 TDs same as Smith and it still took two ST turnovers our our side of the field to even get Eli to OT. Those are the facts. I'm not crying about it though, it happened and you guys won so good for you. You also had to earn the SB as well so I'm not saying you didn't earn it, just saying you were very fortunate to win the NFCCG. Don't expect those same mistakes again and we will see if you guys are good enough to get to the playoffs to prove it again, I know we'll be there waiting.

And two years ago all 49er fans were calling for Smith to be hung from the highest tree . . . .

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 06:22 PM
LOL (clap,clap) you can name all you offensive weapons....let me give it a try Eli, Cruz, Nicks, Hixon, Randle, Barden, Wilson Punt returner, Bradshaw, Bennett. We are pretty well diverse on offense too.Your the one that was putting down our 3,4,5, wr. It's just sickening to see you guys on here we don't see you after NFCC and now because you team is playing us your going to gloat but if you lose we won't see you for a year and if you win we won't be able to get you of our boards for the whole week.

That was a different 9er fan talking about your @3,4,5 WR... not me.

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 06:23 PM

All teams that win championships have an element of fortune. Yet the arrogance remains. You're sure you've got the playoffs locked up and "we'll see" if the Giants can get there.

Please.

I wish we played in the NFC W.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Here is a stat. You guys gave up 27 points to the Browns.... THE BROWNS!

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 06:29 PM
All teams that win championships have an element of fortune. Yet the arrogance remains. You're sure you've got the playoffs locked up and "we'll see" if the Giants can get there.

Please.

NFCW has the best combined records... but i'm sure that means nothing on this forum as well?

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Alex Smith had 5 passing TDs and 1 rushing TD in two games in the playoffs with 0 INTs. What's you're point? Eli threw for more yds in the NFCCG but only accounted for 2 TDs same as Smith and it still took two ST turnovers our our side of the field to even get Eli to OT. Those are the facts. I'm not crying about it though, it happened and you guys won so good for you. You also had to earn the SB as well so I'm not saying you didn't earn it, just saying you were very fortunate to win the NFCCG. Don't expect those same mistakes again and we will see if you guys are good enough to get to the playoffs to prove it again, I know we'll be there waiting.His point is that Alex Smith couldn't get it done dumbass man are 49ers fan really that ****ing stupid!!!

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 06:33 PM
That was a different 9er fan talking about your @3,4,5 WR... not me.and you responded to me didn't you??? you don't like it don't talk crap.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 06:34 PM
His point is that Alex Smith couldn't get it done dumbass man are 49ers fan really that ****ing stupid!!!

And you're delusional if you place blame on Alex Smith for losing the NFCCG for us. Did he play his best game? no. Did he lose the game for us? no. Kyle Williams lost that game with 3 fumbles (2 of them lost)

chuy
10-08-2012, 06:34 PM
His point is that Alex Smith couldn't get it done dumbass man are 49ers fan really that ****ing stupid!!!

I know the point he was trying to make, it was just a stupid one.

Please.

NFCW is the best division in football so far this season??

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 06:35 PM
NFCW has the best combined records... but i'm sure that means nothing on this forum as well?

After 5 games? That's correct, it means next to nothing.

9ernation94
and you responded to me didn't you??? you don't like it don't talk crap.

I didn't talk crap just pointing out you were wrong for accusing me of said comments.

9ernation94

Yet if it was the NFCE it would mean everything. NFCE is the most arrogant division in football bar none.

chuy
10-08-2012, 06:36 PM

That's 1/3 of the season?...

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 06:38 PM
That's 1/3 of the season?...

But but but we play in the NFCE! The best division in football cause ESPN said so. Stats mean nothing and neither does the W/L record.

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Yet if it was the NFCE is would mean everything. NFCE is the most arrogant division in football bar none.

Don't blame the NFCE for your well earned inferiority complex. I'm glad your division is improving but like your team, try to actually maintain some consistency and win something before you start shooting off your mouths.

chuy
10-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Anyways, I didn't come to pick fights just to wish you guys luck, hopefully its an injury free game and you guys play your best so there are no excuses. I will be back next week to check in WIN OR LOSE. I will come take my licks if we lose you have my word but I expect no excuses and crying if and when we win.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Don't blame the NFCE for your well earned inferiority complex. I'm glad your division is improving but like your team, try to actually maintain some consistency and win something before you start shooting off your mouths.

18-4 since Harbaugh took over... is that not consistent?? GET REAL!

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 06:40 PM
I just had a revelation. You guys have been right all along. One third of the season is enough.

All hail the best division in football and the Super Bowl champion San Francisco 49ers! Cancel the remaining games, they're just a formality at this point..

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 06:41 PM
18-4 since Harbaugh took over... is that not consistent?? GET REAL!

It's a start.

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Here is a stat. You guys gave up 27 points to the Browns.... THE BROWNS!With six staring defenders out and boley didn't even play half the game... you guys are so special cause you shutout the Jets and Bills funny how your showing your true colors now 9ernation...you guys are worse then Philly scum even they didn't come on here and brag about a game that in reality doesn't even matter we are not even in your division. Hey we get it it's your guys SB this Sunday good luck to you and entitled team. No one can beat the 49ers we get it. Their defense is a power house, their offense is coming on, running game is perfect, special teams is phenomenal. No way the Giants can win this game. Just remember how stupid you guys are going to look if you lose.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 06:42 PM
I just had a revelation. You guys have been right all along. One third of the season is enough.

All hail the best division in football and the Super Bowl champion San Francisco 49ers! Cancel the remaining games, they're just a formality at this point..

Saving face?

9ernation94
It's a start.

It's more than just a start my man. Harbaugh has changed this franchise and obviously for the better.

zimonami

You're bragging on this? After 5 games?
The NFC West has been the weakest division in the NFC FOREVER. So, after 5 games all your 4 teams have a winning record and you're bragging on it? Hahahaha. In the 80's and 90's and so far in the 21st Century... that covers the last 30 years... if it weren't for the 9ers the NFC West would have been the joke of the NFL.

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Anyways, I didn't come to pick fights just to wish you guys luck, hopefully its an injury free game and you guys play your best so there are no excuses. I will be back next week to check in WIN OR LOSE. I will come take my licks if we lose you have my word but I expect no excuses and crying if and when we win.

Fair enough. I'll be here too and I can promise no tears either way since this game means far less to me than it does to you and even if the Giants win (which remains a possibility) it's still just week 6 of the regular season.

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 06:43 PM
It's more than just a start my man. Harbaugh has changed this franchise and obviously for the better.

I have never said differently.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 06:44 PM
With six staring defenders out and boley didn't even play half the game... you guys are so special cause you shutout the Jets and Bills funny how your showing your true colors now 9ernation...you guys are worse then Philly scum even they didn't come on here and brag about a game that in reality doesn't even matter we are not even in your division. Hey we get it it's your guys SB this Sunday good luck to you and entitled team. No one can beat the 49ers we get it. Their defense is a power house, their offense is coming on, running game is perfect, special teams is phenomenal. No way the Giants can win this game. Just remember how stupid you guys are going to look if you lose.

The 49ers DESTROYED two bad teams like they are suppose too! We can't help they were next on our schedule. At least we didn't give up 27 points to a team like the Browns.

Not once did I say we can't be beat. Go reread the OP and look at the bottom of the post. I said I believe it will be a hard fought game that comes down to the wire. One in which we win.

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Saving face?

LOL. Yeah, that's it....ya caught me. I was being completely sincere.

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 06:45 PM
And you're delusional if you place blame on Alex Smith for losing the NFCCG for us. Did he play his best game? no. Did he lose the game for us? no. Kyle Williams lost that game with 3 fumbles (2 of them lost)The guy completed 1 pass to wr need I say more???? When the Giants took away the run, who is it up to, to win the game????? Yes it was totally on Alex Smith. I don't care what Kyle Willams did cause Eli still had to complete a 3rd and 15 and did it that is what separates a game manager and an ELIte QB.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 06:46 PM
You're bragging on this? After 5 games?
The NFC West has been the weakest division in the NFC FOREVER. So, after 5 games all your 4 teams have a winning record and you're bragging on it? Hahahaha. In the 80's and 90's and so far in the 21st Century... that covers the last 30 years... if it weren't for the 9ers the NFC West would have been the joke of the NFL.

I am simply pointing out the FACTS of the current NFL.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 06:47 PM
The guy completed 1 pass to wr need I say more???? When the Giants took away the run, who is it up to, to win the game????? Yes it was totally on Alex Smith. I don't care what Kyle Willams did cause Eli still had to complete a 3rd and 15 and did it that is what separates a game manager and an ELIte QB.

Yet Eli had REAL weapons on the outside while we had guys like Brett Swain running routes out there. This year we actually have weapons for smith and it's clearly making a difference.

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Yet if it was the NFCE it would mean everything. NFCE is the most arrogant division in football bar none.lol coming from an arrogant 9ers fan.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 06:49 PM
lol coming from an arrogant 9ers fan.

I have yet to be arrogant but I can start if you wanna continue assuming I have been.

The Giants defense is near the bottom of the NFL in rushing defense while we are ranked #1 in rushing yards per game. That will not help the Giants cause for beating the most well rounded team in football.

Eli TO Shockey
10-08-2012, 06:49 PM
And you're delusional if you place blame on Alex Smith for losing the NFCCG for us. Did he play his best game? no. Did he lose the game for us? no. Kyle Williams lost that game with 3 fumbles (2 of them lost)

lmao. he couldnt complete a pass for the life of him in the 4th qtr/OT. but it wasnt his fault. he choked drive after drive when his team needed him the most.

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 06:51 PM
The 49ers DESTROYED two bad teams like they are suppose too! We can't help they were next on our schedule. At least we didn't give up 27 points to a team like the Browns.

Not once did I say we can't be beat. Go reread the OP and look at the bottom of the post. I said I believe it will be a hard fought game that comes down to the wire. One in which we win.I'm going to laugh so hard if your team team doesn't score 27 points cause since the Browns did your great team must be able to. Once again we had a lot of starting defensive players sit this game cause of this game next week TC said it himself.

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Yet Eli had REAL weapons on the outside while we had guys like Brett Swain running routes out there. This year we actually have weapons for smith and it's clearly making a difference.Well according to you Crabtee is a weapon they also could half went to and Eli was missing his number 1 this year and yet he continues to make our 3,4,5, wrs look like studs.

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 06:54 PM
lmao. he couldnt complete a pass for the life of him in the 4th qtr/OT. but it wasnt his fault. he choked drive after drive when his team needed him the most.

Yeah, but let's talk stats and theoreticals.......

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 06:57 PM
lmao. he couldnt complete a pass for the life of him in the 4th qtr/OT. but it wasnt his fault. he choked drive after drive when his team needed him the most.LMAO^^^ This was great....but hey it was all Kyle Willams I'd be surprised if he wasn't one of the people who said he wanted to kill him.

zimonami
10-08-2012, 07:00 PM
I am simply pointing out the FACTS of the current NFL.
Ok, you were just pointing out the facts.
Yes. it is a fact... a very surprising fact... even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every so often.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 07:00 PM

So you give your defense no credit? and having no WR's in that game means nothing?

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 07:01 PM
I'm going to laugh so hard if your team team doesn't score 27 points cause since the Browns did your great team must be able to. Once again we had a lot of starting defensive players sit this game cause of this game next week TC said it himself.

If the 0-5 Browns can give you a hard time just imagine what we will do.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Ok, you were just pointing out the facts.
Yes. it is a fact... a very surprising fact... even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every so often.

So you're admitting I posted something with substance and simply pointing out the facts. Glad to know.

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 07:03 PM
I have yet to be arrogant but I can start if you wanna continue assuming I have been.

The Giants defense is near the bottom of the NFL in rushing defense while we are ranked #1 in rushing yards per game. That will not help the Giants cause for beating the most well rounded team in football.It's funny that your picking out stats don't don't mean a damn thing come Sunday. The Giants will be ready for Gore just like last year in the NFCCG. This is exactly what I'm talking about no here said you team isn't good but you keep telling us why our team isn't that good. Thank you for your expert analysis...keep being an arrogant gay 49ers fan I can be an arrogant Giants fan too. I was going to give your team respect until I seen you gloating all over this thread about how great your team is. Oh and it looks like your coach is already building on excuse that "Alex Smith finger is a major concern." Get ready Giants fans for the dreaded "they didn't beat us we beat ourselves" excuse.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Also if the Giants played in the NFCW they would be tied for last place... just sayin.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 07:05 PM
It's funny that your picking out stats don't don't mean a damn thing come Sunday. The Giants will be ready for Gore just like last year in the NFCCG. This is exactly what I'm talking about no here said you team isn't good but you keep telling us why our team isn't that good. Thank you for your expert analysis...keep being an arrogant gay 49ers fan I can be an arrogant Giants fan too. I was going to give your team respect until I seen you gloating all over this thread about how great your team is. Oh and it looks like your coach is already building on excuse that "Alex Smith finger is a major concern." Get ready Giants fans for the dreaded "they didn't beat us we beat ourselves" excuse.

Please point out where I said the Giants arent a very good team.

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 07:08 PM
If the 0-5 Browns can give you a hard time just imagine what we will do.arrogance once again...how about you go take your facts and go talk about it with your butthurt 49er buddies cause we can care less about a week 6 matchup with a non division opponent.

Parademon
10-08-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm sure that rushing for 300+ yds vs the hapless Bills D had alot to do with pushing you up to #1 rushing team.

Also, the poster that stated that Smith outplayed Eli in the NFCCG just lost all credibility as a knowledgable football fan!

As for the browns game. 1st TD started on our 20yd line thanks to AB's fumble. Last TD was a garbage time TD when the Giants D was playing a soft D. The score was 41-20 at the time. Only legit TD the Browns got was the 62 yd pass play in the 1st qt.

The Browns are also a better team than Buffalo & the Jets. Trent Richardson is a beast & Weeden shows the potential to be a solid QB.

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Please point out where I said the Giants arent a very good team." You guys allowed 27 points to the Browns" ring a bell. Or the NFCW is the best division this year. Yes we get it they are facts right now but who cares wait until the game is over and talk crap if you win cause all these spewing facts won't mean anything if you lose.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 07:13 PM
arrogance once again...how about you go take your facts and go talk about it with your butthurt 49er buddies cause we can care less about a week 6 matchup with a non division opponent.

Are you serious?? Every game matters in this league.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm sure that rushing for 300+ yds vs the hapless Bills D had alot to do with pushing you up to #1 rushing team.

Also, the poster that stated that Smith outplayed Eli in the NFCCG just lost all credibility as a knowledgable football fan!

As for the browns game. 1st TD started on our 20yd line thanks to AB's fumble. Last TD was a garbage time TD when the Giants D was playing a soft D. The score was 41-20 at the time. Only legit TD the Browns got was the 62 yd pass play in the 1st qt.

The Browns are also a better team than Buffalo & the Jets. Trent Richardson is a beast & Weeden shows the potential to be a solid QB.

Oh well according to posters here it was because of all your injuries. Thanks for posting something with substance. :)

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 07:17 PM
If the 0-5 Browns can give you a hard time just imagine what we will do.

I'm imagining. I have to since that's where all the recent 49er championships exist.....

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 07:18 PM
I'm imagining. I have to since that's where all the recent 49er championships exist.....

Every team goes thru dark ages. We aren't any different than most major sports franchises.

5 rings. Giants have how many? oh yea... not 5.

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Also if the Giants played in the NFCW they would be tied for last place... just sayin.

Really?

They'd have the same schedule then? Interesting how that works....

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Are you serious?? Every game matters in this league.

Some more than others to some more than others.

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Oh well according to posters here it was because of all your injuries. Thanks for posting something with substance. :)LOL missing starters on the defense has no substance to giving up points ok??? tell me that when you loose 3 DT ,1CB, 2LB..smh but meaningless stats mean everything right?????Oh yeah and 1 SAFETY.

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Every team goes thru dark ages. We aren't any different than most major sports franchises.

True. 6 is not 5.

Parademon
10-08-2012, 07:24 PM

Yes, you guys are 5-0 in the SB. Something any fan would be proud of...but just like the Cowboys 5 rings, they happened so long ago, you gotta go watch NFL networks Super classic SBs to watch em! Ours are so recent, you can watch em on DVDs while yours & the Boys are only available on VHS!

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 07:30 PM
LOL missing starters on the defense has no substance to giving up points ok??? tell me that when you loose 3 DT ,1CB, 2LB..smh but meaningless stats mean everything right?????Oh yeah and 1 SAFETY.

Yes injuries are important but having depth is just as important.

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Yes injuries are important but having depth is just as important.Are depth comes on offense and plus some of these defensive players are second stringers that are hurt that are starting for the starter.

BlueBlitzer
10-08-2012, 08:10 PM
We are not the " Beefalows " or the " The Jets that can't fly straight " . Bragging about Buffalo is like beating up you're little sister on one of her bad days. Here's a clue. The Jets put a 48 burger on the Bills. Records seem to fall with any team that beats the Bills. I mean thats the History you hucksters are bragging about right ?

Parademon
10-08-2012, 08:33 PM
You forgot the 52 Burger the Pats rung up on them the week prior. Wow, 48-52-45 pts allowed in their 3 defeats by the mighty Bills D & one of those teams was the same Jets team the 9ers just shutout!

Wonder if 9ers fans are just ignorant or do they really think the Giants are as bad as the Jets/Bills are? Cuz they sure are spewing it on their forum & talking about a clean NY sweep.

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 09:03 PM
You forgot the 52 Burger the Pats rung up on them the week prior. Wow, 48-52-45 pts allowed in their 3 defeats by the mighty Bills D & one of those teams was the same Jets team the 9ers just shutout!

Wonder if 9ers fans are just ignorant or do they really think the Giants are as bad as the Jets/Bills are? Cuz they sure are spewing it on their forum & talking about a clean NY sweep.Are they really talking about sweep like it an fore gone conclusion... that just pisses me of cause I think the 49ers are one of the best teams in the NFL but we are every bit as good and we all found out what the difference was last year. When both teams were going blow for blow on defensive stops what did it come down to??? It came down to the QB and that is where I think we have the clear cut advantage and any 49er fan that tries to compare Alex Smith to Eli is just flat out stupid.. I seriously might stay away from the boards this week cause their fans are all over the place and it is starting to get to me how they are secretly gloating about their team. It almost like it a 49ers MB and I even see some Giants fans just feeding them that their team is to good for us to beat that makes me sick also.

Parademon
10-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Yeppers, they are talking clean NY sweep! One of their fans is even hoping they cart off a Giant with an injury during the game. Pretty classless to wish an injury on your opponent. I guess when you haven't been a good team for a decade & all of a sudden become contenders, the fans get all giddy & ****y/arrogant & start spewing crap. Look at Lions fans. Last yr they were talking all kinds of smack after 15yrs of being the worst team in the NFL. Now they're 1-3 & Lions fans are starting to panic again.

BParcells777
10-08-2012, 10:03 PM
You keep going to the Browns

We lit up the Browns.......those same Browns have given some pretty good teams like the Eagles and Bengals fits

Are you that sure you could beat the Browns? We took a knee on their 3 yd line on the last plays or we would have beaten them by more than 20 pts

Stop with the Browns nonsense......your playing the World's Champs this weekend.......not the Browns

I think the Giants are about to explode on some poor team, and I'm afraid your team with the "game manager" QB might just be the victim.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 11:17 PM
You keep going to the Browns

We lit up the Browns.......those same Browns have given some pretty good teams like the Eagles and Bengals fits

Are you that sure you could beat the Browns? We took a knee on their 3 yd line on the last plays or we would have beaten them by more than 20 pts

Stop with the Browns nonsense......your playing the World's Champs this weekend.......not the Browns

I think the Giants are about to explode on some poor team, and I'm afraid your team with the "game manager" QB might just be the victim.

So much wrong with this. You say stop with this Browns non sense only to turn around and talk about the Browns nonsense.

49ers offense > Giants defense
49ers defense > Giants offense

BParcells777
10-08-2012, 11:21 PM
So much wrong with this. You say stop with this Browns non sense only to turn around and talk about the Browns nonsense.

nobody ever comes back here after we axx whip them........will you be back to pay homage to the world champions after we dismantle you're poor team?

I promise to be civil if you do .......we've had many teams fans come here all full of bluff and bluster..........then when confronted with reality, they never return

and that saddens me

BParcells777
10-08-2012, 11:23 PM
we are not playing fantacy football here

I hope Alex Brown lives through the masacre and we face you at Metlife again in January

Parademon
10-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Was just over there checking out some new posts by their fans, here's a few.

Let's show these guys that they didn't beat us last year we beat ourselves!

I wish we could play those New York bit*hes, right the f**k now!

Jim Harbaugh will not give pity. He's going to make the NYG eat dirt hard.

your team wins against teams with a combined record of 2-12.

maybe thats y itll be an *** whooping.

Giants do look about the same as last season. The Niners, however, are much better and have a couple of your key weapons from last year. I'm actually afraid for Eli, after the beating he took in the NFCC, this could get nasty.

This game is going to turn into a massacre

Rodger Craig fumble Kyle Williams fumble equals two NY Giants Super Bowl Championships IMO.In both of these years the 49ers beat the Giants in the regular season and only a fumble in the NFCCG gave these guys a shot at the Super Bowl Ring. Beating the very lucky Giants this Sunday will feel great. Let's hope should the 49ers meet them in the post season our guys can hold onto the ball.

49ers 30 Giants 13

(edit) I am old enough to have seen the Rodger Craig fumble and like last years NFCCG the 49ers were the better team. IMO The best team does not always win.

You can throw stats at Giants fans all you want it means nothing to them. A helmet catch and a Manningham finger tip catch erases all the stats with these people. I'm just saying. Luck eventually runs out.

This is how much the vast majority of 9ers fans think of our team have shown zero respect for our SB win. There are a few intelligent 9er fans giving us props & saying it will be a tough.close game, but the majority are giving us no chance at winning this game.

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 11:31 PM
That's because the majority of them are imbeciles. Not all.

9ernation94
10-09-2012, 12:35 AM

Wonder if 9ers fans are just ignorant or do they really think the Giants are as bad as the Jets/Bills are? Cuz they sure are spewing it on their forum & talking about a clean NY sweep.

Whoever thinks the giants are as bad as both the Jets and the Bills then they clearly are delusional.

9ernation94
10-09-2012, 12:42 AM
nobody ever comes back here after we axx whip them........will you be back to pay homage to the world champions after we dismantle you're poor team?

I promise to be civil if you do .......we've had many teams fans come here all full of bluff and bluster..........then when confronted with reality, they never return

and that saddens me

Poor team? Really? lost all credibility there. I'll be back. Post like this amuse me. ;)

repeatchamps
10-09-2012, 01:46 AM

Lol you are delusional. The Giants are arguably the best passing offense in the NFL and their run game is top 11. You point to stats the entire thread well those are the stats after 5 weeks. Giants offense is virtually #1 in the league right now. 49ers defense is top notch but until Sunday's game is over you cannot claim the 49ers defense can stop the Giants offense. You talk about credibility of posters here well you just lost all credibility with that comment.

Stats say Giants are right with the top ranked Pats in total Yards, total points, points/game, Yards/game and right with the top ranked Saints in Pass Yards and pass yards/game. They are 11th in total rush yards and 12th in rush yards per game (with Bradshaw missing 1 and a half games and a bunch of what are basically rookies behind him. Considering this the Giants rush ranking is more impressive than the 49ers #1 rushing ranking considering the 49ers full compliment of RB's have been healthy and are more experienced). The 49ers have yet to face an offense putting up those #'s as of yet. Don't say GB is one of those teams because their O-line can't block a pee-wee team and they can't run so Rodgers and his weapons are useless.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/netTotalYards

The 49ers are in for a rude awakening if they think they are going to just easily shut down one of the top offenses in the NFL.

GiantGremlin
10-09-2012, 01:52 AM

Not once did I say we can't be beat. Go reread the OP and look at the bottom of the post. I said I believe it will be a hard fought game that comes down to the wire. One in which we win.

Sorry, but the 27 pts is deceiving - first the Browns got at least 7 points in the very beginning of the game off a Bradshaw fumble deep in Giants territory, the final 7 points came in garbage time in the 4th quarter when the Giants were up by 3 TD's - Trent Richardson is also no picnic to tackle, I wouldn't hang your judgement of the Giants D on the final score.

Rodgers12
10-09-2012, 02:57 AM
I think this could be a early preview of the NFC title game.

rEaS
10-09-2012, 03:00 AM

OMG.. if we played in the NFCW we would have had like 3 times the division titles we've had in the last few decades.. what was it? a few years ago a team won that division with a losing record no? pathetic..

GMENAGAIN
10-09-2012, 07:32 AM
You San Fransiscans should focus on events that you really know about . . . . like the gay pride parade!

SweetZombieJesus
10-09-2012, 08:55 AM
OMG.. if we played in the NFCW we would have had like 3 times the division titles we've had in the last few decades.. what was it? a few years ago a team won that division with a losing record no? pathetic..

2010 the Seaslugs took the division with a 7-9 record.

That division has been a cakewalk for any team that bothers to show up for decades.

Here's a hint 9ernation94 -- 12 Super Bowls in the NFC east. Exactly 1/4 of all of them, by 3 teams.

Giant stuck in Texas
10-09-2012, 11:56 AM

Seahawks 10-6
Cards 8-8
49ers 5-11
Rams 3-13

Cards 9-7
49ers 7-9
Seahawks 4-12
Rams 2-14

Cards 10-6
49ers 8-8
Seahawks 5-11
Rams 1-15

Seahawks 7-9
Rams 7-9
49ers 6-10
Cards 5-11

49ers 13-3
Cards 8-8
Seahawks 7-9
Rams 2-14

Lmao. Let us know if you want to change divisions. I'm sure the Redskins would appreciate it, not being at the bottom every year.

Btw- 2010 makes me smile.

repeatchamps
10-09-2012, 12:38 PM
2010 the Seaslugs took the division with a 7-9 record.

That division has been a cakewalk for any team that bothers to show up for decades.

Here's a hint 9ernation94 -- 12 Super Bowls in the NFC east. Exactly 1/4 of all of them, by 3 teams.

Add in a bunch more for the losses suffered by NFC East teams in the Super Bowl. NFC Championships:

Dallas 8
Giants 5
Redskins 5
Eagles 2

20 Super Bowl Appearances out of 46 Super Bowls. 43.5% of all of them.

What's interesting is the AFC East has a boatload of appearances as well:

Pats 7
Dolphins 5
Bills 4
Jets 1

17 Super Bowl appearances out of 46 Super Bowls 36.96% of all of them.

So the two East Divisions in the NFL have accounted for 37 of the 92 possible appearances. 40.21% of all of them. You then have to factor in that LA/St. Louis, LA/Oakland, GB, SF, Pittsburgh and Denver eat up another 32 appearances. Between 14 NFL teams 75% of all Super Bowls include appearance by 1 of these 14 teams. Incredible. If I leave out the Jets and Eagles, the Vikings make up for those 3 appearances with 4 on their own lol! So 13 teams 70 Super Bowl appearances out of 92. Lol that's nuts!

What's even more bizarre only Houston (Oilers or Texans), Detroit, Cleveland and Jacksonville have never appeared in a Super Bowl lol!