PDA

View Full Version : Now that it's week 6 BJ & Manningham......

G-G-GMen420
10-08-2012, 04:05 PM
I typically don't think that players that switch teams can give that team much of an advantage...

But BJ knows our offense being here for so long

And not only that I would think he knows Eli's tendencys as far as checks ..what he likes to check to when seeing certain coverages

As far as MM he knows 1/2 the play book .... the read and react ... I'm sure he has some pertinent info to give to their Dbacks Vic murdered last year

I think these teams are so closey matched Im hopeing this doesn't make the difference in this game

What do you guys think?

Rudyy
10-08-2012, 04:08 PM
I don't think it makes a difference.

SuperNYGiants
10-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Both Jacobs and Mario are not the sharpest tool in the drawer, I wouldn't worry about them out-smarting Eli.

Cloud57
10-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Both Jacobs and Mario are not the sharpest tool in the drawer, I wouldn't worry about them out-smarting Eli.

Haha

FBomb
10-08-2012, 04:14 PM
BJ doesn't play defense and he can't provide any more information than years of game tape can. Non-issue

MM?...please.

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm pretty sure we are okay. Those two were never known for their smarts.. they probably forgot the playbook as soon as their threw their armband of plays away that had stick figures and arrows on it lol

GMan-67
10-08-2012, 04:23 PM

yeah would love to be a fly on the wall in that meeting

love Brandon, but still chuckle at him thinking the Eiffel Tower was in England during our London game vs. Miami a few year;s back

with all the game film teams have and a new game plan for each week ... this former player telling secrets theme is way overblown

most important, they;ve combined for only 186 yards and 1 TD, so certainly looking like we made more smart moves

but still have fond memories of MM playing great in the postseason and Brandon running over guys was must see Giants TV

njg85m
10-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Anything BJ can contribute as far as Eli's tendencies go is already common knowledge to their coaching staff due to hours of game tape they are studying.
As far as Mario? He barely picked up our playbook by the time he was out the door, so I really don't see an issue here either.

Morehead State
10-08-2012, 04:33 PM
yeah would love to be a fly on the wall in that meeting

love Brandon, but still chuckle at him thinking the Eiffel Tower was in England during our London game vs. Miami a few year;s back

with all the game film teams have and a new game plan for each week ... this former player telling secrets theme is way overblown

most important, they;ve combined for only 186 yards and 1 TD, so certainly looking like we made more smart moves

but still have fond memories of MM playing great in the postseason and Brandon running over guys was must see Giants TV

NFL players without Geography or History knowledge can still have a complex understanding of NFL offenses. Including ours.

GMan-67
10-08-2012, 04:42 PM
NFL players without Geography or History knowledge can still have a complex understanding of NFL offenses. Including ours.

yes, this just in ... BJ said "cover Cruz" great ! ... the secret is out

listen if that was the case, we'd bring in Rock Cartwright, who was cut by SF and try him out and then have a little meeting with him

the game plan is different each week and there is nothing better than game film to assist our opponents

im not saying it has zero value, but football games are won on the field ... beat the guy across from you ... dont turn it over and play all 60 minutes

NYFG
10-08-2012, 04:46 PM
It all comes down to execution even if the 49ers know that a certain play is coming, I am certain we can out play them.

Morehead State
10-08-2012, 05:08 PM
yes, this just in ... BJ said "cover Cruz" great ! ... the secret is out

listen if that was the case, we'd bring in Rock Cartwright, who was cut by SF and try him out and then have a little meeting with him

the game plan is different each week and there is nothing better than game film to assist our opponents

im not saying it has zero value, but football games are won on the field ... beat the guy across from you ... dont turn it over and play all 60 minutes

I have no idea if any former Giant can or can't help an opposing team against us. I'm just saying the a players failure to know where a famous landmark is located is irrelevant to that.

Captain Chaos
10-08-2012, 05:55 PM
I thinking that they already know enough from playing us and tape that this is really not a big factor!

Toadofsteel
10-08-2012, 07:06 PM
BJ's knowledge of the playbook won't kill us.

BJ running over our thin linebacker corps might though...

CowboysSuck
10-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Manningham cant speak a coherent sentence...let alone give info on a game plan. LOL

CowboysSuck
10-08-2012, 07:10 PM
I have no idea if any former Giant can or can't help an opposing team against us. I'm just saying the a players failure to know where a famous landmark is located is irrelevant to that.

I agree. I bet 40% of the NFL has no clue whether the Eiffel tower is in England or France. Go ahead...ask 10 of them I'd bet 4 have no clue

hungrrrry
10-08-2012, 07:15 PM
I like Mario but he was #3 for a reason...he couldn't digest the playbook. The kid has talent but no smarts and he has had the niners system in his head this season so he won't hold enough of what he can recall/understand to matter.

Jacobs is likely to recall more but less capable of articulating it