PDA

View Full Version : Will Hill suspended 4 games by NFL - substance issue

idiotekniQues
10-08-2012, 05:07 PM
tweeted by the offical NY Giants Twitter account

New York Giants ‏@Giants
Safety Will Hill has been suspended for 4 games by the NFL for violating the policy on performance-enhancing substances

edit: here is the link

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Safety-Will-Hill-suspended-Tyler-Sash-activated/3bd9cea6-683b-452c-9314-ad25995a748d

so they activated sash.

Giants5699
10-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Welcome back Tyler Sash

Buddy333
Well if true that sucks!

Buddy333
There's the guy who gets cut.

TuckandRolle
No way, what a disappointment.

FBomb
NEXT!!

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Tyler Sash better step up since he's probably taking Hills spot.

Rudyy
10-08-2012, 05:09 PM
I thought he changed...

NEXTTTTTTTT

TuckandRolle
10-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Adderall again WTF G-Men. I hope he finds that prescription.

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 05:10 PM
According to the #Giants, Will Hill has been suspended for using Adderall - same medication for which Tyler Sash was suspended - From Art Stapleton

idiotekniQues
10-08-2012, 05:11 PM
suspension is for Adderal, same thing Sash got supsended for. that stuff is for ADD, but it's definitely an upper. i used to take ritalin, taht **** was like legal cocaine.

Buddy333
10-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Hope they don give up on him. He is very talented. He could still help this team when he comes back if they take him back.

Buddy333
10-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Horrible news. Brown is not KP and I'm not so sure KP will be back just yet. Sash is a nice player but not the athlete Hill is.

drewz
10-08-2012, 05:14 PM
What is with these players and adderal?

brad
10-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Seems a little harsh considering that it was prescribed to him and taken prior to joining the Giants. But, it is good that Sash is coming back now!

GMan-67
10-08-2012, 05:16 PM
in a weird way that opens the roster spot for Sash ... but never like to hear stuff like that

TuckandRolle
10-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Will Hill > Tyler Sash any day of the week.

juice33s
10-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Horrible news. Brown is not KP and I'm not so sure KP will be back just yet. Sash is a nice player but not the athlete Hill is.
Well Sash did outperform him in the 40 and vert at the combine so I'm not so sure about that. He was also about 5x times the player Hill was in College....I'll take Sash all day everyday over Hill

njersey
10-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Will Hill > Tyler Sash any day of the week.

Not today!

GIANTSED101
10-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Will Hill's been killing it and I actually think that's going to hurt the team a litttle. Not just on defense but especially on ST's. Sash is good but not Hill. I hope this doesn't hurt him in the end.

titwio
10-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Do these players not know the league is going to find out? If it's a prescription the league must know about it to be legal.

Unbelievable stupidity.

Buddy333
10-08-2012, 05:27 PM
How did Andre Brown beat the same suspension though?

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Do these players not know the league is going to find out? If it's a prescription the league must know about it to be legal.

Unbelievable stupidity.

If he has a prescription, I'm sure he can try to get the suspension lifted.. with evidence of course..

Edit:

Hill will be eligible to return to active roster Nov. 5, day after Giants play Steelers - From Jorge Castillo

Buddy333
10-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Well Sash did outperform him in the 40 and vert at the combine so I'm not so sure about that. He was also about 5x times the player Hill was in College....I'll take Sash all day everyday over HillHill was a very good college player and is a better athlete. He just needed to get his act together. I do like Sash though.

Cool Papa B.
10-08-2012, 05:29 PM
That stinks. According to Francessa, he received the prescription from his doctor and he tested positive for it sometime ago, but challenged it.

juice33s
10-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Hill was a very good college player and is a better athlete. He just needed to get his act together. I do like Sash though.
I don't understand how you can come to that conclusion when Sash had superior physical testing and on field production

RoanokeFan
10-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Amazing

titwio
10-08-2012, 05:31 PM
If he has a prescription, I'm sure he can try to get the suspension lifted.. with evidence of course..

If you have a prescription you have to make the league aware of it. Same situation as Tyler Sash. Did he "not" know Sash got suspended for the same substance and lost his appeal? It's pretty dumb.

Quote from Hill:

“I received a doctor’s prescription for Adderall prior to signing with the Giants,” Hill said. “Shortly after signing with the team, I was in a meeting with (director of player development) Charles Way, who reviewed the list of the league’s banned substances. I knew at that point that this may be an issue. I was tested and the results came back that Adderall was in my system. I appealed but lost the appeal. I accept full responsibility for this situation, and it won’t happen again.

He knew it was a problem with the league but never spoke up about it...SMH

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 05:32 PM
If you have a prescription you have to make the league aware of it. Same situation as Tyler Sash. Did he "not" know Sash got suspended for the same substance and lost his appeal? It's pretty dumb.

Quote from Hill:

Well Hill is boned lol

OX1
10-08-2012, 05:33 PM
So this is not new, just the appeal coming home to roost.
That is much better than it being a new issue.
Still sucks for the team though.

TheAnalyst
10-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Did the NFL wait for Sash to come back before suspending Hill? Its like they didnt want both suspended at the same time. No doubt, if this follows through, Hill is a gonner. Rolle, KP, Sash, Brown

RoanokeFan
10-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Here's a link:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/giants_will_hill_suspended_fou.html#incart_river

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Here's a link:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/giants_will_hill_suspended_fou.html#incart_river

That does suck, after a huge play on ST.. he gets suspended. He will be back, specially if KP is still suffering from knee problems.

titwio
10-08-2012, 05:41 PM
This freaking irks me. I was loving what I was seeing from him on the field and then he pulls this crap like he didn't know it was "against the rules".

So disappointing.

TextureDj
10-08-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote from Hill:

He knew it was a problem with the league but never spoke up about it...SMH

Your misunderstanding the story.

He found out it was an issue and tested positive in the same incident, after he was taking it under a doctors care, about the time he signed with the giants. Its not that he knew it was an issue but kept taking it anyway.

As far as not learning from Sash, it sounds, although its not completely clear that they were both on the prescription at around the same time. Certainly the Sash appeal wasnt decided before he took the medication. At best he could have (and likely did) look at Sashes suspension and say, uh oh, I'm humped.

Giants5699
10-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Why the hell is adderall a PED? Adderall? The drug half of the kids in America are prescribed? Adderall?

GMENAGAIN
10-08-2012, 05:48 PM

He found out it was an issue and tested positive in the same incident, after he was taking it under a doctors care, about the time he signed with the giants. Its not that he knew it was an issue but kept taking it anyway.

As far as not learning from Sash, it sounds, although its not completely clear that they were both on the prescription at around the same time. Certainly the Sash appeal wasnt decided before he took the medication. At best he could have (and likely did) look at Sashes suspension and say, uh oh, I'm humped.

Of course, this assumes that you believe that all of these guys are innocently taking Aderall . . .. . I do not . . .

johnson
10-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Why the hell is adderall a PED? Adderall? The drug half of the kids in America are prescribed? Adderall?

It make smell of stinky me. No understand why take out, but make me grrrr!!!

titwio
10-08-2012, 05:51 PM

If the he started using it prior to signing with the Giants and he made the league aware of his prescription it would be legal. It's not banned from the league if it's prescribed. Andre Brown got his suspension lifted for this reason and Sash did not...(because the league was not aware).

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 05:53 PM
This freaking irks me. I was loving what I was seeing from him on the field and then he pulls this crap like he didn't know it was "against the rules".

So disappointing.

I'm pretty sure he found out after he took the drug and was tested. Its not like he didn't tell the Giants, they knew and knew he was probably getting suspended. The league probably worked with the Giants and suspended him as soon as Sash came off suspension..

NYFG
10-08-2012, 05:54 PM
After Sash and Brown this is as much on the Giants as it is on Hill. They should know by now that anything a player takes from Tylenol to Supplements has to be approved by the league...

titwio
10-08-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm pretty sure he found out after he took the drug and was tested. Its not like he didn't tell the Giants, they knew and knew he was probably getting suspended. The league probably worked with the Giants and suspended him as soon as Sash came off suspension..

The question is why wasn't his appeal overturned like it was for Andre Brown then in this case. Hill say's he was prescribed before signing with the Giants like Brown was too. Sash say's he was prescribed after signing with the Giants. (his appeal was denied)

Either Hill is lying or the league doesn't believe he was properly prescribed.

TextureDj
10-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Of course, this assumes that you believe that all of these guys are innocently taking Aderall . . .. . I do not . . . Tkae addrall and go run a mile, come back and tell us how you feel.

They are not taking it to "enhance performance".

Is it possible they are taking it to watch marathons of gamre film and stay up for a week studying the playbook? I guess, but again, do that four days out of the week, including practice an dthen tell me how you feel come sunday.

I find it highly unlikely.

What is possible, and way more likely though is that these kids are developing an addiction to this stuff in college trying to get through the minimal academics they need to. They then get out of school but know exactly what to tell the doctor to get a perscription so they can keep using it.

JesseJames
10-08-2012, 06:00 PM
thank God for Stevie Brown........

TextureDj
10-08-2012, 06:03 PM
The question is why wasn't his appeal overturned like it was for Andre Brown then in this case. Hill say's he was prescribed before signing with the Giants like Brown was too. Sash say's he was prescribed after signing with the Giants. (his appeal was denied)

Either Hill is lying or the league doesn't believe he was properly prescribed.

They are not telling us that many specifics so all we can do is speculate. The timing of all these appeals, especially Sash corroborates the claim that these were detected in testing at the very beginning of the year.

Who knows why Browns appeal was taken and not the others. It could be as simple as the levels in Browns system being below a certain threshold, who knows.

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Tkae addrall and go run a mile, come back and tell us how you feel.

Is it possible they are taking it to watch marathons of gamre film and stay up for a week studying the playbook? I guess, but again, do that four days out of the week, including practice an dthen tell me how you feel come sunday.

What is possible, and way more likely though is that these kids are developing an addiction to this stuff in college trying to get through the minimal academics they need to. They then get out of school but know exactly what to tell the doctor to get a perscription so they can keep using it.

So now its a conspiricy theory that all college students are using and abusing addrall?

TextureDj
10-08-2012, 06:12 PM
So now its a conspiricy theory that all college students are using and abusing addrall?

It is a known fact that there is an "epidemic" as they say of Adderall use by highschool and college students. Google it if you think I am pulling it out of the air.

dave56dj
10-08-2012, 06:13 PM
AHHH - the ignorance on these boards is mind blowing. Hill emerged as a star at florida and would have been a first rounder - or at least top 2 rounds. He had off the field issues and spent a year away from the nfl - He emerged as a preseason star. And for the last two weeks he has held down the nickel spot -WELL, which explains his versatility - Antrel Rolle struggled as the nickel so think about that. This is obviously not a great thing - the suspension that is - but if you think he gets cut you simply have no clue as to what is going on with the games being played. Very unfortunate but the kid is a big part of the giants future.

by the way stevie brown - who played well - although he did completely blow the coverage on the long td - cannot and will not play the nickel. Again shows hills speed - so hopefully hosley comes back this week and can take over his spot, cause hosley is quite an athlete too. Brown is a pure box safety. And sash does not have that ability either - this week it will hopefully be hosley and if not then sadly tryon or coe.

BeatYale
10-08-2012, 06:14 PM

Are those college kids also training/practicing like professional athletes early in the day?

tonyt830
10-08-2012, 06:18 PM
dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb!!! I do not understand the lack of judgement and/or common sense with some of these players. If you got a prescription for it legally, then open your damn mouth.

GMENAGAIN
10-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Tkae addrall and go run a mile, come back and tell us how you feel.

If you want to believe that all of these Adderall suspensions have nothing to do with players trying to enhance their performance, go ahead.

DownWitJPP
10-08-2012, 06:26 PM
@!@#$%^&*()_+ I just made a post last night giving Hill lots of props for how well he has been playing. This is really going to hurt the team if Hosley isn't back this week, Hill has been pretty much locking down the slot for the last 2 weeks. I like Sash, but he isn't the same athlete that Hill is...and no way does he cover the slot.

From the article it seems as if the Giants already knew Hill was taking addrall, if that's the case I don't think hes going anywaywere.

titwio
10-08-2012, 06:27 PM
AHHH - the ignorance on these boards is mind blowing. Hill emerged as a star at florida and would have been a first rounder - or at least top 2 rounds. He had off the field issues and spent a year away from the nfl - He emerged as a preseason star. And for the last two weeks he has held down the nickel spot -WELL, which explains his versatility - Antrel Rolle struggled as the nickel so think about that. This is obviously not a great thing - the suspension that is - but if you think he gets cut you simply have no clue as to what is going on with the games being played. Very unfortunate but the kid is a big part of the giants future.

I agree with this. Hill is going nowhere and will be the guy who eventually replaces Rolle (imo of course). Athletically he's a stud at safety.

BeatYale
10-08-2012, 06:29 PM
I agree with this. Hill is going nowhere and will be the guy who eventually replaces Rolle (imo of course). Athletically he's a stud at safety.

I agree with your opinion.

Captain Chaos
10-08-2012, 06:43 PM
That is bad news. That play on special teams when he nocked the ball out was huge. He will be missed for the next 4 games! Hosley my boy hope your healthy this week we're going to need you!

DownWitJPP
10-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Hosley was also playing lights out when he was on the field, I just hope he is healthy and that Tryon is not covering the slot. Maybe they will move Prince inside and let Coe play outside if Hosley isn't ready to go. Prince has been stepping up his game as well, he has locked down his side of the field for the last 2 weeks.

nYg24
10-08-2012, 06:54 PM
I love how everyone is treating Adderall like some sort of steroid. Its widely used for anxiety, its not only used for treating ADHD (stop calling it ADD, that term isn't used anymore). Sash said he used it to help him calm down when he was doing a lot of public speaking. It seems to me like Hill was prescribed Adderall before he was signed by the Giants, traces of the drug still were found in his blood test.

YATittle1962
10-08-2012, 06:55 PM

So disappointing.

gotta be a red tape thing

there is all kinds of paper work that needs to be filed , and specific paper work for each specific condition
things that can easily be misconstrued between doctors and the league

I'm sure it was not him trying to get something past the league

although there are athletes who use Adderall as stimulant

but I would hate to think anyone is that stupid

there does seem to be chain of Adderall events popping up in the NFL ......so the old .....play it off as a prescription ......idea may be wearing thin

CowboysSuck
10-08-2012, 06:57 PM
I dont even care if adderall is "against the ****ing NFL's rules" Its a medication for ADD and believe me when I tell you (unless you are playing video games or possibly baseball) it is NOT going to help you. If anything it will wind you and you will be worse at playing football. taken from experience. I think I played football and lacrosse my senior year of highschool on just about every drug imaginable. Adderall/focalin/ritalin/concerta none of those uppers ever helped...well actually no drug ever helped. Never took roids but im sure those actually would have. Stupid policy by the NFL and stupid for Hill (that is if this wasn't an honest mistake) for failing to realize the opportunity handed to him in the NFL.

CowboysSuck
10-08-2012, 07:01 PM
I love how everyone is treating Adderall like some sort of steroid. Its widely used for anxiety, its not only used for treating ADHD (stop calling it ADD, that term isn't used anymore). Sash said he used it to help him calm down when he was doing a lot of public speaking. It seems to me like Hill was prescribed Adderall before he was signed by the Giants, traces of the drug still were found in his blood test.

Amphetamine for anxiety control/calming down? aaahahahah cmon man, you aint fooling a bird with that one

at least not me

Also, to be corect ADD is most definitely used. There are two different disorders here: Attention Deficit Disorder & Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Both diagnoses are common and both are treated with amphetamines (Adderall, Concerta, Ritalin, Focalin, Vyvanse, etc..)

RoanokeFan
10-08-2012, 07:05 PM
thank God for Stevie Brown........

AMEN to that and let's hope we get Hosley back

FBomb
10-08-2012, 07:08 PM

lol....It may be just me....but I would love to read a 5 page dissertation on the use of Aderall and why it's a PED from this particular poster.:popcorn:

ShakeandBake
10-08-2012, 07:10 PM
Adderall is an amphetamine, which definitely boosts your performance. They may have a legit excuse in a doctor's note, but it does make a difference.

TextureDj
lol....It may be just me....but I would love to read a 5 page dissertation on the use of Aderall and why it's a PED from this particular poster.:popcorn:

Its not just you, look at the sig. Johnson is my new favorite poster.

miked1958
Horrible news. Brown is not KP and I'm not so sure KP will be back just yet. Sash is a nice player but not the athlete Hill is.If we are not losing someone to an injury we lose them to suspension. We just can't catch a break. Well guess petrus got a reprieve. He was the one most likely to be released with sash coming back. He just bought himself 4 weeks.

miked1958
10-08-2012, 07:14 PM
By the way who was the one that played for another team and appealed for the same charge early in season and won and had his 4 games lifted. We thought sash would to but it didn't happen.

rtlax
10-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Adderall again. I know something about Adderall. When I was in 3rd grade and changed school systems I was diagnosed with some learning disabilities, I don't think the term ADD existed in 1985. I got through HS with good grades and good SAT scores but college was a different story, the lack of structure in college combined with ADD is a recipe for disaster. Anyways during college I saw a psychologist and he prescribed adderall to me. I played lacrosse in college but I was a better player in HS since my life overall was more structured in HS. I had a hell of a time keeping a routine (paramount for athletes) in college. Now, Adderall is a form of amphetamine and for anyone whose brain chemistry is normal it would have the effect of being speed, Adderall is very abused in colleges around the country and I am sure many of you know that and have seen kids totally wired on it. However, for myself I didn't feel those effects, for me adderall allowed me to put my noise in a book for several hours without getting sidetracked.

I am not trying to say what the NFL should and shouldn't ban but I know for a fact that adderall has different effects for different people. Shouldn't the league defer to doctors when it comes to legal drugs? Rather than have a blanket policy shouldn't the league reach out to the doctors who prescribed the drug in the first place. I think the burden of truth should be on the league when it comes to drugs like adderall, If you are going to take away a mans livelihood you better prove the drug in question is having an effect on the field. Anyway as someone who benefited from responsible use of the very same drug when I was younger I really feel for these young men who may truly benefit in everyday life on so many levels but are forced to choose between having a balanced life off the field or playing in the NFL. Now if it is proven otherwise so be it but to me the policy can and should be improved.

NWKEffectElement
10-08-2012, 07:17 PM
He is done. Given his past you think he would check everything out.

RoanokeFan
10-08-2012, 07:18 PM
There's the guy who gets cut.

You want to cut him?

RoanokeFan
10-08-2012, 07:20 PM

And here I am struggling to find the right words......:popcorn:

RoanokeFan
10-08-2012, 07:22 PM
If we are not losing someone to an injury we lose them to suspension. We just can't catch a break. Well guess petrus got a reprieve. He was the one most likely to be released with sash coming back. He just bought himself 4 weeks.

Sash and Hill will switch places so that's a wash. Petrus is still a candidate for Canty who says he can't wait to get to practice next week. They have three weeks to take him off PUP and then another three weeks to put him on the active roster.

nYg24
10-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Amphetamine for anxiety control/calming down? aaahahahah cmon man, you aint fooling a bird with that one

at least not me

Also, to be corect ADD is most definitely used. There are two different disorders here: Attention Deficit Disorder & Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Both diagnoses are common and both are treated with amphetamines (Adderall, Concerta, Ritalin, Focalin, Vyvanse, etc..)

"Technically, the term ADD is no longer used. Instead, children who have the inattentive symptoms of ADHD but who do not show hyperactive/impulsive symptoms are now diagnosed with ADHD, Predominantly Inattentive Type rather than with ADD. These terms mean pretty much the same thing but the latter is no longer technically correct."

ADD is no longer in the new version of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM)

http://www.helpforadd.com/criteria-for-add/

jomo
10-08-2012, 07:31 PM
If we are not losing someone to an injury we lose them to suspension. We just can't catch a break. Well guess petrus got a reprieve. He was the one most likely to be released with sash coming back. He just bought himself 4 weeks.Disagree, it might have been Sash who was the one released. Hill has much more natural talent and upside. Sash caught a break with this one. This gives him an opening to show his stuff. Here's hoping he does.

RoanokeFan
10-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Disagree, it might have been Sash who was the one released. Hill has much more natural talent and upside. Sash caught a break with this one. This gives him an opening to show his stuff. Here's hoping he does.

+1

Toadofsteel
10-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Adderall: the new Temporary IR...

CowboysSuck
10-08-2012, 07:52 PM
"Technically, the term ADD is no longer used. Instead, children who have the inattentive symptoms of ADHD but who do not show hyperactive/impulsive symptoms are now diagnosed with ADHD, Predominantly Inattentive Type rather than with ADD. These terms mean pretty much the same thing but the latter is no longer technically correct."

ADD is no longer in the new version of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM)

http://www.helpforadd.com/criteria-for-add/

You are half right. The diagnosis (according to your link) is termed ADHD/ADD. Its a single diagnosis with 2 subcategories.

Either way it does not matter. Moot point.

CowboysSuck
10-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Adderall again. I know something about Adderall. When I was in 3rd grade and changed school systems I was diagnosed with some learning disabilities, I don't think the term ADD existed in 1985. I got through HS with good grades and good SAT scores but college was a different story, the lack of structure in college combined with ADD is a recipe for disaster. Anyways during college I saw a psychologist and he prescribed adderall to me. I played lacrosse in college but I was a better player in HS since my life overall was more structured in HS. I had a hell of a time keeping a routine (paramount for athletes) in college. Now, Adderall is a form of amphetamine and for anyone whose brain chemistry is normal it would have the effect of being speed, Adderall is very abused in colleges around the country and I am sure many of you know that and have seen kids totally wired on it. However, for myself I didn't feel those effects, for me adderall allowed me to put my noise in a book for several hours without getting sidetracked.

I am not trying to say what the NFL should and shouldn't ban but I know for a fact that adderall has different effects for different people. Shouldn't the league defer to doctors when it comes to legal drugs? Rather than have a blanket policy shouldn't the league reach out to the doctors who prescribed the drug in the first place. I think the burden of truth should be on the league when it comes to drugs like adderall, If you are going to take away a mans livelihood you better prove the drug in question is having an effect on the field. Anyway as someone who benefited from responsible use of the very same drug when I was younger I really feel for these young men who may truly benefit in everyday life on so many levels but are forced to choose between having a balanced life off the field or playing in the NFL. Now if it is proven otherwise so be it but to me the policy can and should be improved.

I honestly do not buy the fact that adderall affects "ADHD" individuals differently than it affects "normal" individuals.

I dont have ADHD but when I take adderrall i can concentrate and zoom into a text book for hours, just like you said. The way the amphetamine salts are altered/combined produces a raised pulse/dilated pupils/vasoconstriction etc. But everyone i've met gets the same effect. Slightly more energy with an increased ability to focus and concentrate. Its similar for everyone. Its recreational use is limited to the first 10 or so minutes it "kicks in"...you get sort of a rush similar to the worst grade cocaine one could imagine. Why these athletes are taking them is up to pure speculation but I have good reason to believe it is combined with drinking. When combined with drinking, the negative effects of alcohol are diminished (no drowsyness no extreme loss of motor skills, etc.) and one can drink like a dang fish.

In any event it oesn't really matter and clearly in these cases the negatives( NFL suspension, loss of income, burns your nose, is bad for your heart) of its use CLEARLY outweigh any positives (can drink more, stay up all night, get a very mild euphoria)

RoanokeFan
10-08-2012, 09:12 PM
I don't know enough about either the drug involved or the League's policy to comment, but when this happened to Sash, even TC said the NFL needed to look at the policy.

Buddy333
10-08-2012, 09:28 PM
You want to cut him?No. I meant to say that was where they would find room for Sash. I think Hill is a very good player.

Nolan24
10-08-2012, 09:42 PM
how the hell is adderall considered to be a "performance enhancing substance"? that's stupid and unfortunate

ac106fd
10-08-2012, 10:00 PM
What you have to realize about the NFL's PED substance abuse policy is that the NFL can't release what substance a player tested positive for, we are relying completely on the player being forthcoming. While I have no evidence that this is a steroid case, Adderall is quickly becoming the requisite fallback for pro athletes that fail a drug test (Sash, Mayfield in NASCAR). Adderall is a commonly prescribed drug for a legit issue, but this seems suspect to me.

Just playing devil's advocate......