PDA

View Full Version : Tiki giving great praise to Eli

Abby Manning
10-08-2012, 04:33 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2012/10/08/tikis-take-bench-michael-vick/1620235

(http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2012/10/08/tikis-take-bench-michael-vick/1620235/)

juice33s
10-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Tiki talking about the toughest players he ever played with:
Manning: He may be the toughest Giant yet, physically and mentally. We've all seen him get tossed around, sacked and beaten up. But he always gets up, saunters back to the huddle and keeps on going. More importantly, his mind is impenetrable. When he lost his first eight games in fairly ugly fashion, he focused and got better. When he got booed and disparaged (even by me), he focused and got better. When he won a Super Bowl, he focused and got better. No matter what happens to him — good, bad or indifferent — he focuses and keeps going forward. That's a mental toughness that can't be measured

juice33s
10-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Also had some good things to say about Ike hilliard, Shockey, Bradshaw and richie seubert

Moke
10-08-2012, 04:42 PM
No one gives a **** Tiki.

njg85m
10-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Gotta give Tiki credit here. Awesome article.

NYG 5
10-08-2012, 04:49 PM
good props by Tiki, especially on Ike and Seubert. Its really too bad Richie smushed his knee in the last game of 2010, he would probably still be playing, he was having an outstanding season that year. I also think letting Hilliard walk when he was only 28, just to let Tim Carter fill the perennial revolving door at 3rd WR was one of EA's poorer FA decisions. he proved that he could fill that 3rd WR spot nicely for quite a few years in Tampa.

johnson
10-08-2012, 04:51 PM
good props by Tiki, especially on Ike and Seubert. Its really too bad Richie smushed his knee in the last game of 2010, he would probably still be playing, he was having an outstanding season that year. I also think letting Hilliard walk when he was only 28, just to let Tim Carter fill the perennial revolving door at 3rd WR was one of EA's poorer FA decisions. he proved that he could fill that 3rd WR spot nicely for quite a few years in Tampa.

Tiki make me look man. hehe.

idiotekniQues
10-08-2012, 04:55 PM
he did sum it up quite well though. love or hate the guy.

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Manning: He may be the toughest Giant yet, physically and mentally. We've all seen him get tossed around, sacked and beaten up. But he always gets up, saunters back to the huddle and keeps on going. More importantly, his mind is impenetrable. When he lost his first eight games in fairly ugly fashion, he focused and got better. When he got booed and disparaged (even by me), he focused and got better. When he won a Super Bowl, he focused and got better. No matter what happens to him — good, bad or indifferent — he focuses and keeps going forward. That's a mental toughness that can't be measured

Well put by Tiki, nice to see him say something nice for a change..

Captain Chaos
10-08-2012, 05:57 PM
And that means what to who?????

foxie
10-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Manning: He may be the toughest Giant yet, physically and mentally. We've all seen him get tossed around, sacked and beaten up. But he always gets up, saunters back to the huddle and keeps on going. More importantly, his mind is impenetrable. When he lost his first eight games in fairly ugly fashion, he focused and got better. When he got booed and disparaged (even by me), he focused and got better. When he won a Super Bowl, he focused and got better. No matter what happens to him — good, bad or indifferent — he focuses and keeps going forward. That's a mental toughness that can't be measured Ah YEAH!, AND Coach Coughlin was the smartest best coach I ever had, now can I have that work out with the Giants...I still got it man...WOW!, .these bills just keep comin' in

jomo
10-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Sounds like Tiki taking credit for making Eli better..............of course.

nycisgreat
10-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Well put by Tiki, nice to see him say something nice for a change..

It not the fact that what he is saying is nice, but it happens to be the truth. Majority now view Eli as mentally tough. It just took Tiki a little while longer to realize the Eli is as good as he is.

Ruttiger711
10-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Sounds like Tiki taking credit for making Eli better..............of course.

I think the pre-edit of the blurb had tiki saying - "and thanks to me, he focused and got better"
:)

Toadofsteel
10-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Well, thanks for the props, but we're full at RB...

CowboysSuck
10-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Oh my god, did the moon turn brown or something? Tiki? noooo

CowboysSuck
10-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Someone should write back and say hey Tiki, thanks for being mr. obvious today

This guy has no clue. People have been saying and writing this about Eli for years. It takes 2 SB's and public humiliation on Tiki's behalf to praise Eli? I call BS

Parademon
10-08-2012, 07:07 PM
People have got to stop hating on Tiki for saying stuff after he retired. Man's entitled to his opinion, right or wrong. I choose to remember Tiki Barber the NY Giants greatest RB ever. The stats don't lie, he had some incredible seasons rushing /recieving & returning the ball! Also has most 200yd rushing games in Giants history. Had he not retired so young & played another 4yrs or so, he'd have a SB ring & be a lock for the HOF.

Ruttiger711
10-08-2012, 07:29 PM
People have got to stop hating on Tiki for saying stuff after he retired. Man's entitled to his opinion, right or wrong. I choose to remember Tiki Barber the NY Giants greatest RB ever. The stats don't lie, he had some incredible seasons rushing /recieving & returning the ball! Also has most 200yd rushing games in Giants history. Had he not retired so young & played another 4yrs or so, he'd have a SB ring & be a lock for the HOF.

Fans are entitled to their opinion as much as Miki is to his. There is no taking away what he accomplished wearing blue, BUT he's made some DUMB DUMB decisions from announcing his retirement at the beginning of the season to leaving his pregnant wife. Having worn blue doesn't exclude you from being an a-hole. Kind o f like a family member you can only shake your head at.

He retired so young because the horrible TC was "working him too hard" remember?

Harooni
10-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Tiki is that man and I totally agree here. Eli has some special quality and is Gumby.

Parademon
10-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Fans are entitled to their opinion as much as Miki is to his. There is no taking away what he accomplished wearing blue, BUT he's made some DUMB DUMB decisions from announcing his retirement at the beginning of the season to leaving his pregnant wife. Having worn blue doesn't exclude you from being an a-hole. Kind o f like a family member you can only shake your head at.

He retired so young because the horrible TC was "working him too hard" remember?

Yeah, I do remember. And he can deny it all he wants, he has to regret retiring so young & seeing the Giants win it all the yr after he retired. I really wished he was a part of that championship team & to a certain extent, I wish Shockey had not broken his leg & played in the playoffs & SB as well

joemorrisforprez
10-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Tiki could discover the cure for cancer and Giants fans will rip him for not focusing on Alzheimers.

Ruttiger711
10-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Tiki could discover the cure for cancer and Giants fans will rip him for not focusing on Alzheimers.

Tiki is no victim.

jomo
10-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Tiki is that man and I totally agree here. Eli has some special quality and is Gumby..........and as we all know Tiki is the all knowing boy genius. Did you know that he was valedictorian of his high school? lol

Parademon
10-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Say what you want about the man, he's still the greatest RB in NY Giants history!

GameTime
10-08-2012, 08:11 PM
**** Tiki....Loved him as a player but thats it. He's has shown time and time again that nothing matters more than Tiki......he showed this while he was a Giants and after.

CDN_G-FAN
10-08-2012, 08:21 PM
"The last thing a team needs is doubt and dissension".

Tiki wrote that?

REALLY?

TIKI BARBER?

wow.

Abby Manning
10-08-2012, 08:53 PM
It has to drive Tiki to the brink of insanity the fact that he retired, and the very next season they win the Super Bowl......maybe he should have taken Eli more seriously and not have classified him as comical....he may aways have that dumb look on his face, but believe me his wheels are always turning.

jomo
10-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Say what you want about the man, he's still the greatest RB in NY Giants history!Not really talking about his running prowess here.

Toadofsteel
10-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Say what you want about the man, he's still the greatest RB in NY Giants history!

Give Wilson a couple of years...

ashleymarie
10-09-2012, 12:14 AM
It has to drive Tiki to the brink of insanity the fact that he retired, and the very next season they win the Super Bowl......maybe he should have taken Eli more seriously and not have classified him as comical....he may aways have that dumb look on his face, but believe me his wheels are always turning.

+1

CDN_G-FAN
10-09-2012, 12:16 AM
+1

What tiki deosnt get probably is one of the reasons we won is because he retired.

giantsfan420
10-09-2012, 12:17 AM
i like the article bc its a step in the right direction, and honestly its well written and insightful. the only qualm i guess u could say i have is that tiki was a little too quick bringing up "3 ints by eli in the first half"..."lost those first 8 games brutally" basically he was saying eli has mental toughness bc he sucked badly his first year and didnt quit...im not trying to be juvenile or stuck on the past, just my honest opinion that tiki was trying to justify his earlier criticisms of eli by bringing up some horrible times in eli's career, like he admits he was wrong but not wrong in that moment in time...

GFiP
10-09-2012, 03:47 AM
Don't care. Whoever he's working for is stupid to hire that ingrate.

BurnerNYG
10-09-2012, 03:58 AM
Say what you want about the man, he's still the greatest RB in NY Giants history!I think it's just this board. Giants fans that I talk to off this board do not act like a lot of these dudes on here. I think I need to retire from commenting and go back to just reading. Lots of crazies on here with some hilarious political views as well I bet.

Harooni
10-09-2012, 05:08 AM
I think it's just this board. Giants fans that I talk to off this board do not act like a lot of these dudes on here. I think I need to retire from commenting and go back to just reading. Lots of crazies on here with some hilarious political views as well I bet. don't do that we need more like you around. Too many focus now on twitter and comments over play on the field. If LT says tomorrow he thinks Simms is better than Eli. They will go off and say LT was overrated. Lol

BurnerNYG
10-09-2012, 05:59 AM
don't do that we need more like you around. Too many focus now on twitter and comments over play on the field. If LT says tomorrow he thinks Simms is better than Eli. They will go off and say LT was overrated. LolLol I hear ya but I'm getting real sick and tired of all these robot followers and "I told you so" fans. Personally, I think they're all trying to become mods. I got an idea for em... go find a real job and get laid instead sitting around eating twinkies and talking about men all day.

How you gonna wish misery on somebody who gave all he had on Sunday for the Gmen just because he said something bad about Eli and Coughlin? He's not the only one who didn't think highly of SIr Eli. It's his slight goofy demeanor, hell I still laugh sometimes when he starts talking. Him and his brother look like some true to life Forrest Gump characters. Peyton's kicker was questioning his heart... the kicker.

I think a lot of these posters can relate to Eli... like something out of a Revenge Of The Nerds movie... that's why they get so offended. Tiki probably gets a good laugh out of some of these clueless saps that puts a kids game before their own kids. LMAO!!

BurnerNYG
10-09-2012, 06:06 AM
Had to edit my post several times... texting from my phone on this board is the worst.

M00KIE
10-09-2012, 06:13 AM
No one gives a **** Tiki.

Agreed. When will this turd flush?

GCGiant
10-09-2012, 06:15 AM
What tiki deosnt get probably is one of the reasons we won is because he retired.

Great post, once again. A lot of people didn't see it, for whatever reason, but I do believe that you are 100% correct, and fortunately one of the finest GM's in the business saw it, and realized that they gave up a ton for a franchise QB, but the only way that he would be able to succeed would be if everybody got behind him and supported him. It was easy to see who the primadonnas were, and once the team was rid of a couple of the prime culprits, they started rallying behind their true leaders.

BurnerNYG
10-09-2012, 06:29 AM
Great post, once again. A lot of people didn't see it, for whatever reason, but I do believe that you are 100% correct, and fortunately one of the finest GM's in the business saw it, and realized that they gave up a ton for a franchise QB, but the only way that he would be able to succeed would be if everybody got behind him and supported him. It was easy to see who the primadonnas were, and once the team was rid of a couple of the prime culprits, they started rallying behind their true leaders.Ernie just drafted Eli because his last name was Manning... luckily for him and all of us it worked out. I personally believe our 2000-2004 roster had what it took to win a championship, they just underachieved because of coachIng. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they drafted Eli because it eventually worked out but I can understand why a lot of our players were ****y and wouldn't buy in. They thought what they had was good enough and wasn't willing to wait who knows how long for Eli to be ready.

GCGiant
10-09-2012, 06:38 AM
Ernie just drafted Eli because his last name was Manning...

You see...this is where I believe you are absolutely, positively dead wrong. You think that any team is going to mortgage the future on "hear say" or whatever? He was scrutinized completely by all and it was his talent that made him a number one pick...definitely not his name. His name was what some might call "insurance" but it was his ability to make all the throws, perform well under pressure, and lift the game of all around him while he was on the field. It didn't take a pro scout to see that. All you had to know was a little about Ole Miss and their talent when compared to the SEC. National powerhouses like Florida, LSU, Alabama, etc. didn't just bow down when he came onto the field because of his last name. They sincerely tried to win when he played, and the fact that he was able to keep a team like Ole MIss in all of those games, and even win a few of them, was reason enough for them to put the "franchise QB" tag on him.

If you are sitting around with the belief that he was drafted because of his name alone, then you are living in a fantasy world that doesn't allow facts to interfere, IMO.

yoeddy
10-09-2012, 07:02 AM
I think it's just this board. Giants fans that I talk to off this board do not act like a lot of these dudes on here. I think I need to retire from commenting and go back to just reading. Lots of crazies on here with some hilarious political views as well I bet.

Must be a lot of people on this board going to the games given all the boos Tiki got at the Ring of Honor ceremony...

yoeddy
10-09-2012, 07:05 AM

To his "credit", he has said in the past that Eli probably wouldn't have emerged as a leader the way he did as long as he (Tiki) was on the team.

SweetZombieJesus
10-09-2012, 07:20 AM

All Tiki has invented is a cure for being a good teammate

blueomaha
10-09-2012, 07:59 AM
too little, too late Tiki.....

Kruunch
10-09-2012, 08:08 AM
Manning: He may be the toughest Giant yet, physically and mentally. We've all seen him get tossed around, sacked and beaten up. But he always gets up, saunters back to the huddle and keeps on going. More importantly, his mind is impenetrable. When he lost his first eight games in fairly ugly fashion, he focused and got better. When he got booed and disparaged (even by me), he focused and got better. When he won a Super Bowl, he focused and got better. No matter what happens to him good, bad or indifferent he focuses and keeps going forward. That's a mental toughness that can't be measured

Can't get nothing by Tiki.

Mind like a steel trap.

CDN_G-FAN
10-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Ernie just drafted Eli because his last name was Manning... luckily for him and all of us it worked out. I personally believe our 2000-2004 roster had what it took to win a championship, they just underachieved because of coachIng. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they drafted Eli because it eventually worked out but I can understand why a lot of our players were ****y and wouldn't buy in. They thought what they had was good enough and wasn't willing to wait who knows how long for Eli to be ready.

usually alot more thought goes into your posts.

i'm chaulking this one up to pre coffee drowsiness.

accorsi, a GM in the nfl for almost 20 years and the guy who let John Elway go in a trade that haunted him the rest of his career, drafted Eli because of who his daddy was?

Accorsi was RIPPED FOR YEARS for giving away what seemed like way too much in the trade for manning.

truth of the matter is, its clear that Accorsi underpaid for the type of QB Manning has become, and all of the guys that thought he overpaid (including me) are earning our living outside of football for obvious reasons. We don't know 1/100th of what someone like Accorsi does.

thomsoad
10-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Personally ive buried the hatchet with Tiki.
He had his opinions and has pretty much admitted they were wrong in regards to Eli.

As for Coughlin... Tiki was totally right about Coughlin ... at the time.
Strahan even flat out admitted he "HATED" Coughlin the season Tiki retired (NFLN: A Football Life).
Tiki never met or worked under the Coughlin the Giants have now.

yoeddy
10-09-2012, 11:30 AM
accorsi, a GM in the nfl for almost 20 years and the guy who let John Elway go in a trade that haunted him the rest of his career, drafted Eli because of who his daddy was?

Of course not. It's because of who his brother was... ;-)

foxie
10-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Tiki...right to his opinion...sure, that's one thing, IT's TOTALLY another to go on National TV & throw your former coach (who straightened his fumbling problem out, by teaching him how to carry the ball correctly) & your up & coming Quarterback under the bus, lambasting BOTH of them FOR PERSONAL GAIN, to further his budding broadcasting career, who soon found out he had NBG, " Nothing But Giants" scoop. It's pretty obvious neither Eli, Coach Coughlin (taking the high road-neither responded to his comments) or the GIANTS need Mr Barber anymore, his opinions, or on the field of play. PERSONA NON GRATA.

BurnerNYG
10-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Must be a lot of people on this board going to the games given all the boos Tiki got at the Ring of Honor ceremony...It started here and like Harooni said, it spreaded to Twitter and facebook. I didn't even know Tiki was a villain until I read the boards. Good thing I got my own mind. Winning 2 Superbowls should be enough punishment for Barber for speaking too soon. I really don't care and I'm personally not wishing misery on the man.

BurnerNYG
10-09-2012, 01:18 PM
usually alot more thought goes into your posts.

i'm chaulking this one up to pre coffee drowsiness.

Accorsi was RIPPED FOR YEARS for giving away what seemed like way too much in the trade for manning.

truth of the matter is, its clear that Accorsi underpaid for the type of QB Manning has become, and all of the guys that thought he overpaid (including me) are earning our living outside of football for obvious reasons. We don't know 1/100th of what someone like Accorsi does.I'm just busting chops trying to get the Eli crazies riled up. I really didn't follow his college career though.

TheEnigma
10-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Tiki is a pretty crappy human being off the field but I try my best to not factor that into his opinions about football. It's hard for me to throw the man under the bus when he was our offense for so long and that he will be known for being one of the best offensive players this team has ever seen. I just hope I never see the day where Eli is retired for several years and the media asks him a question on which current NFCE QB is the best and heavens forbid he says it's the Redskins or Eagles QB.

yoeddy
10-09-2012, 01:29 PM
It started here and like Harooni said, it spreaded to Twitter and facebook. I didn't even know Tiki was a villain until I read the boards. Good thing I got my own mind. Winning 2 Superbowls should be enough punishment for Barber for speaking too soon. I really don't care and I'm personally not wishing misery on the man.

I don't wish misery on him...but admittedly I do find it humorous/comical how much of all this he brought on himself...

CDN_G-FAN
10-09-2012, 01:33 PM
I'm just busting chops trying to get the Eli crazies riled up. I really didn't follow his college career though.

LOL.

see? now its funny!!!!!

giantsfan420
10-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Ernie just drafted Eli because his last name was Manning... luckily for him and all of us it worked out. I personally believe our 2000-2004 roster had what it took to win a championship, they just underachieved because of coachIng. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they drafted Eli because it eventually worked out but I can understand why a lot of our players were ****y and wouldn't buy in. They thought what they had was good enough and wasn't willing to wait who knows how long for Eli to be ready.

not true at all. EA personally scouted eli at ole miss and had a report on him thats 100% accurate. EA woulda trade or gotten eli if his last name was toiletpaper

FlyingTruck
10-09-2012, 01:54 PM
It really is 2012.

BurnerNYG
10-09-2012, 02:16 PM
not true at all. EA personally scouted eli at ole miss and had a report on him thats 100% accurate. EA woulda trade or gotten eli if his last name was toiletpaperI remember all the pre-draft stuff but like I said, I never watched Eli play college ball. The Chargers wanted Manning too so obviously it was more to it than just his name. It's funny to just blurt out some of your (my) earlier thoughts on the matter though.

rebelfan1966
10-09-2012, 10:38 PM
I suspect Eli will go down as one of the Giants best QBs in franchise history..... if he wins another ring, he might even go down as the best Giants QB i franchise history..... which an argument could be made for that now.

GFiP
10-10-2012, 02:29 AM
I suspect Eli will go down as one of the Giants best QBs in franchise history..... if he wins another ring, he might even go down as the best Giants QB i franchise history..... which an argument could be made for that now.

If he gets another ring he is in the conversation for greatest QB ever, on ANY team.

Diamondring
10-10-2012, 02:31 AM
If he gets another ring he is in the conversation for greatest QB ever, on ANY team.I would love that.

Harooni
10-10-2012, 10:48 AM
some fans felt betrayed when Tiki retired while Eli was still going through his growing pains. Tiki never critized Eli's play when he was a player and barely said anything about him afterward. Coughlin was the main reason Tiki retired , Strahan talked about Coughlin in his book and Warner told the story how he pulled TC aside and told him we was losing the locker room. Tiki said he believed in eli he also said he was picking blue for both sb wins. why the grudge?

yoeddy
10-10-2012, 11:09 AM
some fans felt betrayed when Tiki retired while Eli was still going through his growing pains. Tiki never critized Eli's play when he was a player and barely said anything about him afterward. Coughlin was the main reason Tiki retired , Strahan talked about Coughlin in his book and Warner told the story how he pulled TC aside and told him we was losing the locker room. Tiki said he believed in eli he also said he was picking blue for both sb wins. why the grudge?

It's hard to believe anything Tiki says because he changes his story depending on who is listening, all in the name of promoting himself as the smartest guy in the room. The grudge is based on rooting for a guy who turns out to be a ******-bag...

burier
10-10-2012, 11:31 AM

Not that I want to keep this thread going. I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone care what Tiki has to say at this point. He's not even a legit analyst anymore.

But to answer the question. People hate Tiki because he gossiped about what was going on the huddle of his former team. At that point he's not an ex-giant he's a double agent, a spy, a merc. Everyone knows that Vegas rules apply to the huddle and Tiki broke the rules.

Also any claims that he "believed" in Eli is total B.S. You don't call someone "laughable" when you believe in him. Coughlin might have been one of the reasons Tiki retired but another reason was the he felt he would never win anything with Eli at QB.

So now he comes talking all nice AFTER Eli wins 2 SBs. Where was he when everyone was trashing the kid? I didn't hear Tiki saying anything about how "Laughable" the NFLs top 100 list was for not including Eli.

Tiki is a turncoat bandwagon *****.

Harooni
10-13-2012, 05:27 PM
Not that I want to keep this thread going. I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone care what Tiki has to say at this point. He's not even a legit analyst anymore.

But to answer the question. People hate Tiki because he gossiped about what was going on the huddle of his former team. At that point he's not an ex-giant he's a double agent, a spy, a merc. Everyone knows that Vegas rules apply to the huddle and Tiki broke the rules.

Also any claims that he "believed" in Eli is total B.S. You don't call someone "laughable" when you believe in him. Coughlin might have been one of the reasons Tiki retired but another reason was the he felt he would never win anything with Eli at QB.

So now he comes talking all nice AFTER Eli wins 2 SBs. Where was he when everyone was trashing the kid? I didn't hear Tiki saying anything about how "Laughable" the NFLs top 100 list was for not including Eli.

Tiki is a turncoat bandwagon *****. you may want to skip strahans book then all sorts of storys about coughlin and eli and what went on in the locker room.

ps- he never called Eli laughable he said he first speech was comical as a rookie. some of you have gone as far as make things up to hate Tiki more.

rebelfan1966
10-13-2012, 07:43 PM

To Quote Tiki - "He may be the toughest Giant yet, physically and mentally. We've all seen him get tossed around, sacked and beaten up. But he always gets up, saunters back to the huddle and keeps on going. More importantly, his mind is impenetrable. When he lost his first eight games in fairly ugly fashion, he focused and got better. When he got booed and disparaged (even by me), he focused and got better. When he won a Super Bowl, he focused and got better. No matter what happens to him good, bad or indifferent he focuses and keeps going forward. That's a mental toughness that can't be measured."

Now, did he not say even he "disparaged" Eli?

geonyg
10-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Tiki who?

Harooni
10-13-2012, 09:09 PM
As a player Tiki never said any disparaging words about Eli. To be honest Tiki deserves an honorary SB ring.

Abby Manning
10-13-2012, 09:28 PM
As a player Tiki never said any disparaging words about Eli. To be honest Tiki deserves an honorary SB ring.

Say whaaat? Honorary super bowl ring? Now that's comical!

Abby Manning
10-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Maybe at most, honorary captain at a future game....but I think they already did that for him.

zimonami
10-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Not really talking about his running prowess here.
No, we're not. We never do.
But, unless we really know the man, perhaps his contributions to our team are all that we are really qualified to judge.
In my lifeteam, Tiki was the best Giant RB I've had the pleasure to see.
What stupidity comes out of his mouth is something I won't judge... just like I won't judge LT's personal problems.

DragonSoul
10-14-2012, 12:01 AM
Manning: He may be the toughest Giant yet, physically and mentally. We've all seen him get tossed around, sacked and beaten up. But he always gets up, saunters back to the huddle and keeps on going. More importantly, his mind is impenetrable. When he lost his first eight games in fairly ugly fashion, he focused and got better. When he got booed and disparaged (even by me), he focused and got better. When he won a Super Bowl, he focused and got better. No matter what happens to him good, bad or indifferent he focuses and keeps going forward. That's a mental toughness that can't be measuredTook him only 9 years to realize that? Not bad. ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz