PDA

View Full Version : Alex Smith's middle finger "VERY MUCH A CONCERN"

TheAnalyst
10-08-2012, 08:29 PM
According to his coach, Alex Smiths finger is "very much a concern" for this Sundays matchup with the Gmen.

Just saw the scroll on NFL network.

Trying to find it online.

I hope Smith is OK

Martyr
10-08-2012, 08:29 PM
I dont

TheAnalyst
10-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Also, "Jacobs knee not quite there yet". So we may not see BJ.

TheAnalyst
10-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Still, Smith had his middle finger wrapped after the game and today Harbaugh said the injured digit was of some concern. Harbaugh attempted to get into the X-ray room Sunday when Smith was being examined, but was beckoned to his postgame press conference.
“It’s very much of a concern if that happens,” Harbaugh said. “We’ll see how it is. Alex, it’s well-documented how tough he is. He talks about it not being a big deal. So we’ll see.”
** Despite declaring himself fully recovered from his knee injury early last week, running back Brandon Jacobs, listed as questionable for Sunday’s game, was inactive.
Harbaugh indicated Jacobs’ knee may not have responded well after he was a full participant in every practice last week.
“Once we went through the whole week, he’s still not quite there,” Harbaugh said.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/10/08/injury-talk-smiths-finger-a-concern-jacobs-knee-not-quite-there/

jomo
10-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Does the word disinformation mean anything to all of you?
Don't be silly and believe Smith's coach on anything.
Seriously, his job is to keep us off balance. Our job is to be smarter.
It's just business boys and girlz. lol he might get the media tilted on that but not me and certainly not JR or TC. Nice try though Jim.

TheAnalyst
10-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Probably right, but you never know.

drewz
10-08-2012, 08:33 PM
yawn.. I remember Jason Witten being doubtful week 1, Coughlin said he prepare as if he was 100%

GameTime
10-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Harbaugh is as vague as any coach with injuries....
dont believe a word he says...

Rudyy
10-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Regardless of if it's serious or not, he's going to suit up and play. We just need to play better.

Captain Chaos
10-08-2012, 09:21 PM
If he's talking he's lying......

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 09:25 PM
According to his coach, Alex Smiths finger is "very much a concern" for this Sundays matchup with the Gmen.

I hope Smith is OK

Bull****.

Buddy333
10-08-2012, 09:34 PM
The Giants DL doesn't sack he QB anymore so they wouldn't need to worry. Their back up is a very good runner. The Giants also can not stop the run. Oh boy!

bosdober
10-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Does the word disinformation mean anything to all of you?Don't be silly and believe Smith's coach on anything.Seriously, his job is to keep us off balance. Our job is to be smarter.It's just business boys and girlz. lol he might get the media tilted on that but not me and certainly not JR or TC. Nice try though Jim. QFT. Of course he's going to say it's a concern. Anything to give you more to prepare for and dilute your preparation against the 49ers basics on offense.

keyofgmen
10-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Does the word disinformation mean anything to all of you?
Don't be silly and believe Smith's coach on anything.
Seriously, his job is to keep us off balance. Our job is to be smarter.
It's just business boys and girlz. lol he might get the media tilted on that but not me and certainly not JR or TC. Nice try though Jim.

Absolutely correct Jomo

Giants5699
10-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Kapaernik is better than him.

iPrism
10-08-2012, 10:09 PM
He'll be playing Sunday and no Kaepernick is not our better QB. A.Smith is #1 right now as far as QB Rating so far this season.

BParcells777
10-08-2012, 10:44 PM
I hope not.........I dont want to hear any excuses when we whip them

Gmen 802
10-08-2012, 11:26 PM
Sounds like a smokescreen to me. Not like we've ever played down to mediocre (though I'll give smith credit he has improved) QB's before...hate to say it but it is true. D line NEEDS to show up, niners offense is 5th in league I'll have you know, a week after giving up 27 to the BROWNS they're going to need to step up biiig time

BMW
10-08-2012, 11:50 PM
He'll be playing Sunday and no Kaepernick is not our better QB. A.Smith is #1 right now as far as QB Rating so far this season. Lol QBR is a joke.

Morehead State
10-09-2012, 12:48 AM

I hope Smith is OK
"I hope Smith is OK".
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

merritt
10-09-2012, 12:51 AM
By saying the injury is more substantial than it is, they accomplish:
1. Having an excuse if they lose. (We would've won if Alex wasn't injured)
2. Having something to gloat about if they win. (Alex gets it done even when he's injured)

GameTime
10-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Kapaernik is better than him.
and what is your basis for that????

GameTime
10-09-2012, 12:53 AM
2. Having something to gloat about if they win. (Alex gets it done even when he's injured)
its not that complicated...
coaches, including TC, do this all the time. Only enough info as needed

ashleymarie
10-09-2012, 12:57 AM
"I hope Smith is OK".

OMG!! I have tears in my eyes from laughing. hahahaa LOL;)

GiantGremlin
10-09-2012, 01:37 AM

I'm pretty sure the Giants have more injuries right now than the Niners do

PRGiant
10-09-2012, 01:43 AM
Lol QBR is a joke.
Better than passing rating...

GMan-67
10-09-2012, 03:36 AM
dont believe anything they say out there

GFiP
10-09-2012, 04:55 AM
BJ always injured? Shocking

TuckandRolle
10-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Have you seen that maniac Harbaugh on the sidelines? I wouldn't trust that man for a second.

That being said, I wouldn't mind not seeing Smith :)

Morehead State
10-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Have you seen that maniac Harbaugh on the sidelines? I wouldn't trust that man for a second.

That being said, I wouldn't mind not seeing Smith :)
You mean that 17-4 lifetime maniac?

TuckandRolle
10-09-2012, 10:31 AM
You mean that 17-4 lifetime maniac?

Doesn't for a second take away from the fact the guy's a maniac on the sidelines. Was just stating I wouldn't trust what he says to the media before a rematch with the Giants. Not claiming he's a bad coach.

GameTime
10-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Doesn't for a second take away from the fact the guy's a maniac on the sidelines. Was just stating I wouldn't trust what he says to the media before a rematch with the Giants. Not claiming he's a bad coach.
He is not a bad coach and his known for giving nothing to the media and actually answering question in a "Bellicek" like manner.
If Smith's finger is a problem it will manifest its self durng the game. I will not rely on the media or Harbaugh for that information.
BTW....I think he has a screw loose as well......

Morehead State
10-09-2012, 11:10 AM
TC can get a little crazy on the sidelines.

jakegibbs
10-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Harbaugh is as vague as any coach with injuries....
dont believe a word he says...

All coaches are vague in regards to injuries. TC is the greatest. Nicks has been out for a 1/4 of the season now & all you get out of TC is "IT'S A KNEE, IT'S A KNEE, IT'S A KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

TheAnalyst
10-09-2012, 11:13 AM
"I hope Smith is OK".

Guess I should of put that part in red... :-)

Eli played through plantar fasciitis and a sprained shoulder one year, and Smith is worried about a middle finger? lol

BMW
10-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Better than passing rating...

How so? Smith barely throws the ball, is lucky he has a great running back. Why does the QB who throws the least have the highest QBR, because it's a joke.

sharick88
10-09-2012, 06:20 PM
With that defense that they have, the probably won't need their QB at 100%.

GameTime
10-09-2012, 06:22 PM
With that defense that they have, the probably won't need their QB at 100%.
more like with the defense the GIANTS have he wont have to be 100%....lol

sharick88
10-09-2012, 06:24 PM
more like with the defense the GIANTS have he wont have to be 100%....lol

HAHA, very true. I personally have zero confidence in it. If Osi and Tuck don't get their heads out of their arses, we will lose.