PDA

View Full Version : Are the 49ers really that good?

Captain Chaos
10-08-2012, 08:35 PM
The only team that they've played with a winning record was Minnesota (4-1) to whom they lost; the rest are not doing so well. Note Minnesota's schedule has not been tough either.

Green Bay (2-3)
Detroit (1-4)
Jets (2-2) likely (2-3) after tonight
Buffalo (2-3)

I think this will be a winnable game. If the D can hold up than we will be able to score. What say you????????

brad
10-08-2012, 08:38 PM
They are far better than anyone the Giants have played so far and virtually a lock to make the playoffs... yes, they are good. That doesn't mean I don't think the Giants can win, but they are good.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 08:39 PM
The only team that they've played with a winning record was Minnesota (4-1) to whom they lost; the rest are not doing so well. Note Minnesota's schedule has not been tough either.

Green Bay (2-3)
Detroit (1-4)
Buffalo (2-3)

I think this will be a winnable game. If the D can hold up than we will be able to score. What say you????????

Their D is head and shpoulders above the Giants but the Giants offense is better then theirs so is kind of an even match up. But yes.....they are that good......

drewz
10-08-2012, 08:40 PM
They're a top 5 team. Their idiot fans making their offense the second coming of 2007 Patriots is whats overhyped

Buddy333
You could ask if the Giants are really good. They have beaten teams that are a combined 2-12. Yes, the 49ers are very good. Their defense is extremely good especially against the run. Their OL is huge and they have the ability to bully DL's. This is bad news for the Giants DL that just keeps making excuses on how teams are playing them. The Giants defense is also not he best against the run and the 49ers I believe lead the league in rushing.

EnragedYouth85
They have played some poor playing teams but so have we.. the difference is, they are blowing out bad teams.

bosdober
10-08-2012, 08:44 PM
The defense is the same defense you faced a year ago, with the benefit of an extra year of experience. The offense has gotten better WR and OL play so far this year than it got last year. Many of us longtime fans are not drinking the Kool Aid alluded to here yet, but regardless of the quality of our last 2 opponents, we have just under 600 yards rushing in the last 2 games. These are still NFL teams we put up those numbers on. You saw us twice last year - based on the above, I'm sure you can figure out that yeah, we really are that good.

EnragedYouth85
10-08-2012, 08:46 PM
lol

GameTime
10-08-2012, 08:47 PM
The defense is the same defense you faced a year ago, with the benefit of an extra year of experience. The offense has gotten better WR and OL play so far this year than it got last year. Many of us longtime fans are not drinking the Kool Aid alluded to here yet, but regardless of the quality of our last 2 opponents, we have just under 600 yards rushing in the last 2 games. These are still NFL teams we put up those numbers on. You saw us twice last year - based on the above, I'm sure you can figure out that yeah, we really are that good.
Most knowledgable Giants fans know this is going to be a tough game. Any that dont see it like that are high on Kool Aid and are delusional.
The Giants have what it takes to win but it will have tto be 60 minutes of solid football in all phases.

Cool Papa B.
10-08-2012, 08:54 PM
The funny thing about their game vs. the Jets is that the 49ers didn't play that well. They put very little pressure on the QB, and if the Jets had a half way decent QB, they would have at least kept the game close.

Their running game is solid, but the WR core is average. No one that requires double teaming except maybe Moss in the redzone

Are they that good.....yes. Do they have weaknesses that can be exploited.....yes. It starts with the giants front 4 on defense. They better wake the heck up or it might be a long Sunday afternoon. And on offense it's up to Eli and the WR crew.

SackingMyths
10-08-2012, 09:06 PM
They're strong to very strong in literally every phase and every position and never turn the ball over. And I can't stand Harbaugh, but he's very innovative with his play designs and diagnosing his opponent's weaknesses.

I'd expect a heavy dose of power running and play action based on what we've shown so far in run D.

If we don't play our very best game and come out slow like we did against the Browns, we've got no shot

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 09:06 PM

Green Bay (2-3)
Detroit (1-4)
Buffalo (2-3)

I think they're very good.

So are the Giants.

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 09:13 PM

OMG, is it any wonder SF fans are so hated?

The 49ers are good. Congratulations. That puts you in the esteemed company of the Ravens, the Falcons, the Giants, the Patriots the Texans and the Steelers.

And no, you're not better than any of those teams. You know why? Because there are no trophies handed out for teams that used to suck for a really long time and now don't.

joemorrisforprez
10-08-2012, 09:15 PM

Green Bay (2-3)
Detroit (1-4)
Buffalo (2-3)

San Francisco is a good team.....but the Giants are the NFL champs. NY's issues are more mental than anything else.

If the Vikings can beat the 49ers, than so can the Giants.

I think both these teams are coming into this game looking to make a statement that may define their regular season. I like the Giants' chance here.

Giants5699
10-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Alex Smith.... That's why this team can't win a super bowl

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Alex Smith.... That's why this team can't win a super bowl

Not true. You can win a SB without a great QB...you only need a good one that doesn't mistakes.

iPrism
10-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Yeah is that why Alex Smith is the #1 rated QB so far this season. Nice try bro.

BigBlue1971
10-08-2012, 09:23 PM

Green Bay (2-3)
Detroit (1-4)
Buffalo (2-3)

they are a good team as evident by their defense! their offense is not bad however without their d they are average!

the Giants are also good and i hope ready for this! i think a "ready" Giants team can beat them in their house!

Giants5699
10-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Yeah is that why Alex Smith is the #1 rated QB so far this season. Nice try bro.

woah... a guy is doing well 5 games in against crappy teams. His career has consistently read SUCK. Vick had a couple good years too. He still sucks. So did Romo (lol romo). It's Alex Smith. He just isn't that good.

iPrism
10-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Yeah maybe... But the kid has also had 7 different offensive cooridinators. Just make sure your defense keeps that mindset that he isn't that good and they'll get burnt all day long with Alex at the helm.

Giants5699
10-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Yeah maybe... But the kid has also had 7 different offensive cooridinators. Just make sure your defense keeps that mindset that he isn't that good and they'll get burnt all day long with Alex at the helm.

Well with a Harbaugh as your head coach, it'll be like having Marino as your QB. Nice stats, good records, no rings. It is their family curse.

giantsfan420
10-08-2012, 09:32 PM
the same alex smith who completed 1 pass to his wr's last time we met? alex smith is efficient. big woop, any qb (even I could) should be efficient with that run game and OL. u guys come out in jumbo packages, 3 te looks, run the ball 2x then PA to Davis...lets not make believe that Alex Smith is anywhere near the stratosphere eli is on. alex smith is riding shotgun, he's along for the ride.
that said, dont take that as a diss on alex smith. he's playing at a high level dont get me wrong, its just he is in a position where everything around him is in place to make things easier for him...

Kez Simpson
10-08-2012, 09:36 PM

He isn't that good, he's average doesn't make a lot of mistakes, won't cost you the game but also unlikely to win you either. That is Alex smith, needs a great run game, can't take over a game like Eli can. Your QB has an average arm, mediocre on out routes, consistent on go routes if receiver is wide open. In short, I think the Giants should gameplan for Alex to beat them.. Meh.

.scrimmage.
10-08-2012, 09:38 PM
79-3 the past 2 games... they're pretty good

iPrism
10-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Eli and Smith are two completely different types of QBs. Smith doesn't need to be as effiecient as Eli in our system. Smith can make plays when he wants to, it's his consistency that's an issue. Smith isn't like Eli and won't just throw the ball up trusting his receivers to go get it in coverage. He has some athletic ability but he's more of a cerebral QB. This is also a similar system to what he played at Utah. I'm not saying he's some ultra badass GOAT but this is definitely the best year of his career and a lot of the posts that I've read so far, homerism aside, that most of you think this will be an easy win. The road to the SB goes through San Fran this year. Both of these teams are top 5 NFC teams and I've always been a fan of the Giants, so I hope we have the best game we've had so far this season for both teams.

Kez Simpson
10-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Additionally, Alex Smith benefits from a dink and dunk type offense. Probably the majority of his passes to TE's and backs in the flat, or short slants. I might do some research on how many passes over 20 yards he has, and his average starting field position.

TheEnigma
10-08-2012, 09:41 PM
The road to the SB goes through San Fran this year. Both of these teams are top 5 NFC teams and I've always been a fan of the Giants, so I hope we have the best game we've had so far this season for both teams.

It's actually looking like the road to the SB will be Atlanta this year since every other team in that division is getting beat down bad. SF will probably be the #2 seed again.

BParcells777
10-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Their D is head and shpoulders above the Giants but the Giants offense is better then theirs so is kind of an even match up. But yes.....they are that good......

Their D is "head and shoulders above the Giants?" REALLY??........We'll see about that

Kez Simpson
10-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Eli and Smith are two completely different types of QBs. Smith doesn't need to be as effiecient as Eli in our system. Smith can make plays when he wants to, it's his consistency that's an issue. Smith isn't like Eli and won't just throw the ball up trusting his receivers to go get it in coverage. He has some athletic ability but he's more of a cerebral QB. This is also a similar system to what he played at Utah. I'm not saying he's some ultra badass GOAT but this is definitely the best year of his career and a lot of the posts that I've read so far, homerism aside, that most of you think this will be an easy win. The road to the SB goes through San Fran this year. Both of these teams are top 5 NFC teams and I've always been a fan of the Giants, so I hope we have the best game we've had so far this season for both teams.

I love how you take jabs but cover them with fake compliments. Eli doesn't throw the ball up in coverage, he throws his reciever's open, that is the difference between Eli and your game manager Smith, and that's why he's a two time superbowl mvp/champion.

iPrism
10-08-2012, 09:44 PM
It's actually looking like the road to the SB will be Atlanta this year since every other team in that division is getting beat down bad. SF will probably be the #2 seed again.

Yeah I haven't even paid too much attention to them. Division aside, have they played anyone decent so far(NFC)?

iPrism
10-08-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm stating the truth. You're delusional.

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 09:45 PM
They are good but their stats and Alex Smith stats are super inflated. I mean the Bills have to be the worst Defense I've ever seen, they are worse then the Browns. While Alex Smith is 1st in passer rating doesn't really mean much at all. Eli has like 70 more pass attempts then Alex and 500 yards more and about 30 more completions. All Alex Smith does is throw check downs and if the person is wide open deep off of play action he'll give it a shot. But if he ever had to make a comeback, I don't think he has it in him.

iPrism
10-08-2012, 09:46 PM
They are good but their stats and Alex Smith stats are super inflated. I mean the Bills have to be the worst Defense I've ever seen, they are worse then the Browns. While Alex Smith is 1st in passer rating doesn't really mean much at all. Eli has like 70 more pass attempts then Alex and 500 yards more and about 30 more completions. All Alex Smith does is throw check downs and if the person is wide open deep off of play action he'll give it a shot. But if he ever had to make a comeback, I don't think he has it in him. Saints and Niners, Divisional playoff game last year. I guess Alex is incapable of coming back and getting in a shootout with an Elite QB.

TheEnigma
10-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Yeah I haven't even paid too much attention to them. Division aside, have they played anyone decent so far(NFC)?

They had that nice come back win against the Panthers and won in Washington but the rest of their victories have been against the AFCW.

GiantRoc
10-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Yes, they are a very good TEAM. They have weaknesses in someplaces and strengths in others. So far those strengths out weigh the weaknesses by a lot. That's what makes them so good. The Giants will have to be at their best in all aspects of the game if they want to be close or win.

iPrism
10-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Plus a lot of our wins last year were 4th Quarter comebacks. You guys should do your homework...

Kez Simpson
This website is so uneducated.

Go away troll.

Eliscruzzz
Eli and Smith are two completely different types of QBs. Smith doesn't need to be as effiecient as Eli in our system. Smith can make plays when he wants to, it's his consistency that's an issue. Smith isn't like Eli and won't just throw the ball up trusting his receivers to go get it in coverage. He has some athletic ability but he's more of a cerebral QB. This is also a similar system to what he played at Utah. I'm not saying he's some ultra badass GOAT but this is definitely the best year of his career and a lot of the posts that I've read so far, homerism aside, that most of you think this will be an easy win. The road to the SB goes through San Fran this year. Both of these teams are top 5 NFC teams and I've always been a fan of the Giants, so I hope we have the best game we've had so far this season for both teams.We think this is going to be an easy win LMAO???? You 49ers fans came out of no where today screwing up our boards telling us how great your team is.... All of us Giants fans think this is going to be a hard fought game can't say you arrogant 49er fans think the same.

BParcells777
10-08-2012, 09:49 PM
REALLY? The Giants defense is ranked 16th against the run. And the Giants pass defense being ranked 22nd? REALLY? Educate yourself son. Giants fans are very stupid. Well at least that's what I'm reading.

LOL you are about to get pummeled and I guarantee you we will not see you back here Sunday night........Our D held your game manger to 1 completion in the 2nd half and overtime last year LOL give me a break

Kez Simpson
10-08-2012, 09:50 PM
REALLY? The Giants defense is ranked 16th against the run. And the Giants pass defense being ranked 22nd? REALLY? Educate yourself son. Giants fans are very stupid. Well at least that's what I'm reading.

Keep playing fantasy football, those stats didn't matter when we punched you in the mouth in the playoffs last year did they? Again, you come here insulting us about education and what not, please go away troll. Your team hasn't won anything in the last decade.

BParcells777
10-08-2012, 09:50 PM
We think this is going to be an easy win LMAO???? You 49ers fans came out of no where today screwing up our boards telling us how great your team is.... All of us Giants fans think this is going to be a hard fought game can't say you arrogant 49er fans think the same.

I don't........I think we are going to blast them into the Bay for what they did to Eli last year..........REVENGE will be OURS

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Plus a lot of our wins last year were 4th Quarter comebacks. You guys should do your homework...Dude if your here to talk trash take it to smack talk please we are getting real sick of you guys having threads bumped cause you start trash talking... Jesus Christ they are like roaches don't they have their messageboards that Giants fans can't get into???

jomo
10-08-2012, 09:52 PM
This website is so uneducated.You are among your people then. Welcome to the boards! lol

Kez Simpson
10-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Plus a lot of our wins last year were 4th Quarter comebacks. You guys should do your homework...

Do our homework? Power run team, game manager QB and good defense. That's the 49ers.

Kez Simpson
10-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Dude if your here to talk trash take it to smack talk please we are getting real sick of you guys having threads bummed cause you start trash talking... Jesus Christ they are like roaches don't they have their messageboards that Giants fans can't get into???
Agreed, Giants forum must be the best thing out, all these loser team fans come here, need some RAID for these critters.

drewz
10-08-2012, 09:57 PM

The IQ has definitely dropped since you and your fellow trolls have come here

iPrism
10-08-2012, 09:58 PM
I'm not talking ****. I'm backing my team up when you obviously are underestimating my team. Regardless I'll be the one with class and I'll come back here win or lose and show sportsmanship. You guys can definitely beat us, I never said anything to argue that. I'm just defending my team. On a side note you guys are hypocrites talking about how bad 49ers fans are....Look at some of your responses. Enough said.

Kez Simpson
10-08-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm not talking ****. I'm backing my team up when you obviously are underestimating my team. Regardless I'll be the one with class and I'll come back here win or lose and show sportsmanship. You guys can definitely beat us, I never said anything to argue that. I'm just defending my team. On a side note you guys are hypocrites talking about how bad 49ers fans are....Look at some of your responses. Enough said.

Your fans send death threats to players when you lose big games, enough said.

iPrism
10-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Your fans send death threats to players when you lose big games, enough said.

See I don't understand why anyone would take the actions of a very select few number of people and judge the entire fanbase by that. It's not even fair in the slightest. Maybe some of us come here because we are competitive and just want to interact with opposing fans prior to the game, but whatever.

Giants5699
10-08-2012, 10:06 PM
See I don't understand why anyone would take the actions of a very select few number of people and judge the entire fanbase by that. It's not even fair in the slightest. Maybe some of us come here because we are competitive and just want to interact with opposing fans prior to the game, but whatever.
by select few you mean 50%? Read the comments on NFL.com. forty whiner fans are almost as bad as filthy fans.. As a whole, people from san fran are scumbags.

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 10:06 PM
I'm not talking ****. I'm backing my team up when you obviously are underestimating my team. Regardless I'll be the one with class and I'll come back here win or lose and show sportsmanship. You guys can definitely beat us, I never said anything to argue that. I'm just defending my team. On a side note you guys are hypocrites talking about how bad 49ers fans are....Look at some of your responses. Enough said.Your missing the point man. This is the x's and o's section for Giants football where we talk about strengths and weakness of teams It just so happens we are playing you next if you don't like what you hear leave bro. You guys have been coming on here all day telling us how we are going to get beat down and this is revenge for last year.....we get it. We know all about your team, they have an excellent running game, phenomenal special teams, powerhouse defense, good coaching even though I think the guy is a disrespectful sore loser. But we are not sold on Alex Smith that is all. If you guys are that is great. I haven't heard you guys say a single thing in how our team is good and you continue to try to put Alex Smith in a class with Eli and to me if you watch football you know Eli is leaps and bounds better then Alex Smith.

#1_49ers_fan
10-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Good Lord 9ers fans! Carry yourself with a little more class than some of this crap that has been displayed. Some of you are a disgrace to our fan base. Giants fans, don't let some of the homers spoil it for the rest of the bunch. To answer the question, yes I think we are that good. Our D is nasty good as is our special teams. Our offense has taken a quantum leap from that of last year, but still has some work to be done. The Giants are a great team too, definitely a team we shouldn't sleep on. The same goes for you guys. I think it will definitely be a hard fought game! I am hoping for a 9er W, but will not be upset if we take a L to a great Giants team. Lastly, I appologize for some of our moron fans coming in here and spouting their crap.

Sarcasman
woah... a guy is doing well 5 games in against crappy teams. His career has consistently read SUCK. Vick had a couple good years too. He still sucks. So did Romo (lol romo). It's Alex Smith. He just isn't that good.

You're gonna have to let that go. Their fanbase is looking to erase 7 years of stats in favor of pro-rating his current stats over the rest of his career. Just play along.

iPrism
by select few you mean 50%? Read the comments on NFL.com. forty whiner fans are almost as bad as filthy fans

Wow...just wow...

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 10:08 PM
by select few you mean 50%? Read the comments on NFL.com. forty whiner fans are almost as bad as filthy fans Or they should go to smack talk and check it out what their homer fans are saying it's getting ridiculous.

Kez Simpson
10-08-2012, 10:08 PM

Its not a select few. Your fansbase has to be the most douchbaggery fanbase out there, and that's saying a lot because we have E-Gals to contend with. :)

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 10:09 PM
79-3 the past 2 games... they're pretty good

It's not fantasy football. You don't get extra wins for scoring lots of points against crap teams.

iPrism
10-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Your missing the point man this is the x's and o's section for Giants football where we talk about strengths and weakness of teams It just so happens we are playing you next if you don't like what you hear leave bro. You guys have been coming on here all day telling us how we are going to get beat down and this is revenge for last year.....we get it. We know all about your team, they have an excellent running game, phenomenal special teams, powerhouse defense, good coaching even though I think the guy is a disrespectful sore loser. But we are not sold on Alex Smith that is all. If you guys are that is great. I haven't heard you guys same a single thing in how our team is good and you continue to try to put Alex Smith in a class with Eli and to me if you watch football you know Eli is leaps and bounds better then Alex Smith.

No no no. I never compared Eli to Smith. I said you can't compare them because they are two different kinds of QBs in two different systems. Alex Smith is not Eli Manning and will never put up numbers like any of the Mannings have. Eli is Elite and Smith isn't. I guess it was just instinct for me to try to defend my QB because no matter where I go my team still doesn't get any credit after their turn around. I expect this to be one of the closest games we play this year. From what I've seen you guys have been getting down early in almost all of your games so far and coming back in the 2nd half and it doesn't look like Tuck and JPP have been playing to their full potential and it sucks that most of your secondary is injured. Like I said the Giants are in my top 3 favorite teams outside of San Fran so I hope it's a great game and keeps me on the edge of my seat. I don't mean any disrespect to any Giants fans in any of my posts.

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Really? that's all you have? Your like
12 years old correct?

You meant, "you're" correct? The contraction of "you are" Not "your" as in the possessive of "you".

This 12 year old is still schooling you, dummy.

And my point remains the same, the 49ers are a very good team - one of the top teams in the league - just like the other teams I named. They are not better than any of them because that gets proven on the field, and on the field the 49ers haven't proven themselves to be better than those teams. IN fact, even if they win the SB this year, they still won't be.

Notice the GIants, winners of 2 recent SBs is just one of the very good teams on my list. I didn't put them in their own category because that would be indicative of rampant insecurity and an inferiority complex. Only 49er fans seem to feel the compulsion to do that. It's interesting and amusing. And a little sad.

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 10:18 PM

WoW. I love this. My 9 year old exhibits better cognitive skills than this.

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 10:23 PM
No no no. I never compared Eli to Smith. I said you can't compare them because they are two different kinds of QBs in two different systems. Alex Smith is not Eli Manning and will never put up numbers like any of the Mannings have. Eli is Elite and Smith isn't. I guess it was just instinct for me to try to defend my QB because no matter where I go my team still doesn't get any credit after their turn around. I expect this to be one of the closest games we play this year. From what I've seen you guys have been getting down early in almost all of your games so far and coming back in the 2nd half and it doesn't look like Tuck and JPP have been playing to their full potential and it sucks that most of your secondary is injured. Like I said the Giants are in my top 3 favorite teams outside of San Fran so I hope it's a great game and keeps me on the edge of my seat. I don't mean any disrespect to any Giants fans in any of my posts.Understandable I get it no harm no foul.... We just had a long day with some other 49ers fans not saying you but some so we are a on the edge.

SF49erfan
10-08-2012, 10:25 PM
And my point remains the same, the 49ers are a very good team - one of the top teams in the league - just like the other teams I named. They are not better than any of them because that gets proven on the field, and on the field the 49ers haven't proven themselves to be better than those teams. IN fact, even if they win the SB this year, they still won't be.

This makes a lot of sense.

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 10:25 PM
No no no. I never compared Eli to Smith. I said you can't compare them because they are two different kinds of QBs in two different systems. Alex Smith is not Eli Manning and will never put up numbers like any of the Mannings have. Eli is Elite and Smith isn't. I guess it was just instinct for me to try to defend my QB because no matter where I go my team still doesn't get any credit after their turn around. I expect this to be one of the closest games we play this year. From what I've seen you guys have been getting down early in almost all of your games so far and coming back in the 2nd half and it doesn't look like Tuck and JPP have been playing to their full potential and it sucks that most of your secondary is injured. Like I said the Giants are in my top 3 favorite teams outside of San Fran so I hope it's a great game and keeps me on the edge of my seat. I don't mean any disrespect to any Giants fans in any of my posts.

Thanks, this is coherent.

I don't understand the no respect thing. Does any football fan with a brain actually believe the 49ers aren't one of the best teams in the league? They clearly are.

That said, no fan wants to be told that another fan's team is far superior to their own and whether you see it or not, that's exactly what many of the 49er fans who have arrived recently are saying. That does not lend itself to constructive dialogue.

bosdober
10-08-2012, 10:26 PM
OMG, is it any wonder SF fans are so hated?The 49ers are good. Congratulations. That puts you in the esteemed company of the Ravens, the Falcons, the Giants, the Patriots the Texans and the Steelers. And no, you're not better than any of those teams. You know why? Because there are no trophies handed out for teams that used to suck for a really long time and now don't.Not sure what I said to get you so worked up - all I did was answer the question with some facts. I didn't say we were better than anyone, but we're obviously a good team. I think it'll be a very competitive game on Sunday, just like our last 2 meetings.

Sarcasman
10-08-2012, 10:29 PM
Not sure what I said to get you so worked up - all I did was answer the question with some facts. I didn't say we were better than anyone, but we're obviously a good team. I think it'll be a very competitive game on Sunday, just like our last 2 meetings.

OK. I inferred an arrogance that you say wasn't there nor intended, my bad.

9ernation94
10-08-2012, 11:44 PM
You could ask if the Giants are really good. They have beaten teams that are a combined 2-12. Yes, the 49ers are very good. Their defense is extremely good especially against the run. Their OL is huge and they have the ability to bully DL's. This is bad news for the Giants DL that just keeps making excuses on how teams are playing them. The Giants defense is also not he best against the run and the 49ers I believe lead the league in rushing.

Beat me to it.

Parademon
10-09-2012, 12:13 AM
They have played some poor playing teams but so have we.. the difference is, they are blowing out bad teams.

We blew out Carolina & Cleveland. The final score in the Browns game is deceptive cuz the G-men allowed a garbage time TD to them & we took a few knees at their 10yd line when a TD woulda made the score 48-27, but unlike the Patriots, we are a classy organization.

look@dafilm
10-09-2012, 02:04 AM
Yes, the 49ers are very good. Maybe more importantly, they are on a roll. 79-3 over the last 2 games and a record breaking offensive performance (300 yards rushing and 300 yards passing in 1 game), mostly due to the o-line. Both teams should bring their A-game.

EddieBlue
10-09-2012, 08:01 AM
not afraid of the niners. We have ELI ...

GMan-67
10-11-2012, 06:50 AM
we are about to find out ... i do like that neither Buffalo or the Jets put up much of a fight ...while they are pretty focused, it can be tough to have to shift gears and play a much tougher opponent

TuckandRolle
10-11-2012, 09:19 AM
WE STOP THE RUN WE WIN THE GAME.

Giedi
10-11-2012, 11:10 AM
we are about to find out ... i do like that neither Buffalo or the Jets put up much of a fight ...while they are pretty focused, it can be tought to have to shift gears and play a much tougher opponentNY Giants are definitely much tougher than the Bills or the Jets. One key to the game is whether or not the 49ers can handle the pass rush of the NY Giants. A lot of the NY Giants fans have complained about the pass rush, and that will be a big key in this game. Neither the Bills or the Jets really put up a credible pass rush on the 49ers, and they got blasted.

dcpd813
10-11-2012, 12:20 PM
I think the key to the game is getting off the field on third downs (defense of course). If we can consistently force third and longs, put pressure on Eli and force some bad throws then we will be fine. But if for some reason they can't do that then it will be a long game for Niner fans.