PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts from the enemy camp

RoanokeFan
10-08-2012, 09:58 PM
49er's vs. Giants: The re-match a look at the numbers

http://ninernoise.com/2012/10/08/49ers-vs-giants-the-re-match-a-look-at-the-numbers/

Excerpt: "
The San Francisco 49ers look ahead to a rematch with the defending Super Bowl Champion New York Giants on Sunday. The 49ers will be looking for revenge after last seasons heart breaking loss to the Giants in the NFC Championship Game. The 49ers have outscored their opponents 79-3 since being upset in Minnesota. They set a franchise-record with 621 yards, and became the first team to tally over 300 yards both rushing and receiving in a game in NFL history.

Alex Smith is also the leagues highest rated passer with a 108.7 passer rating (entering Monday). The 49ers’ offense ranks sixth overall at 401.2 yards per game. They boast the league-leading rushing attack is averaging 195.8 yards per game, and it ranks first in 6.1 yards per play. Their eight rushing touchdowns are tied for third-most in the league. The 49ers have the league’s second-best defense in terms of yards per game, at 262.6.Let’s take a closer look at the numbers and how they compare to the Giants." Read more...

Toadofsteel
10-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Have they seen our O-line lately? I'm predicting more of a shootout this time around...

BParcells777
10-08-2012, 10:10 PM
49er's vs. Giants: The re-match a look at the numbers

http://ninernoise.com/2012/10/08/49ers-vs-giants-the-re-match-a-look-at-the-numbers/

Excerpt: "
The San Francisco 49ers look ahead to a rematch with the defending Super Bowl Champion New York Giants on Sunday. The 49ers will be looking for revenge after last seasons heart breaking loss to the Giants in the NFC Championship Game. The 49ers have outscored their opponents 79-3 since being upset in Minnesota. They set a franchise-record with 621 yards, and became the first team to tally over 300 yards both rushing and receiving in a game in NFL history.

Alex Smith is also the leagues highest rated passer with a 108.7 passer rating (entering Monday). The 49ers’ offense ranks sixth overall at 401.2 yards per game. They boast the league-leading rushing attack is averaging 195.8 yards per game, and it ranks first in 6.1 yards per play. Their eight rushing touchdowns are tied for third-most in the league. The 49ers have the league’s second-best defense in terms of yards per game, at 262.6.Let’s take a closer look at the numbers and how they compare to the Giants." Read more...

Blah Blah Blah........We will destroy them

Buddy333
10-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Unfortunately I don't think the Giants with their current roster match up well against the 49ers. I think Eli is the league MVP to this point, but after that everything favors the 49ers. They run the ball better than anyone and they stop the run better than anyone. The Giants have way to many issues on defense. Even if all the injured guys came back healthy the healthy guys are not playing well.

Rudyy
10-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Unfortunately I don't think the Giants with their current roster match up well against the 49ers. I think Eli is the league MVP to this point, but after that everything favors the 49ers. They run the ball better than anyone and they stop the run better than anyone. The Giants have way to many issues on defense. Even if all the injured guys came back healthy the healthy guys are not playing well. You forgot to mention the passing game? Have you forgotten how Cruz torched Carlos Rogers..

Buddy333
10-08-2012, 10:17 PM
I think their DL is going to beat up on the Giants OL. I'm hoping Eli doesnt get hit like he did last year.

Diamondring
10-08-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm not scared of the 49ers and they can be overrated as well. The Vikes beat them so can we. The Bills are nothing special so the 49ers should beat them. Bills also gave up and their receiving core isn't like ours.

Buddy333
10-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Right, and who did the Giants beat? Just saying, if we are going to compare who these two teams beat its not pretty either way.

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Unfortunately I don't think the Giants with their current roster match up well against the 49ers. I think Eli is the league MVP to this point, but after that everything favors the 49ers. They run the ball better than anyone and they stop the run better than anyone. The Giants have way to many issues on defense. Even if all the injured guys came back healthy the healthy guys are not playing well.Wow what else is new buddy you don't think the Giants have any shot......for once can you please have faith in this team injuries or not.

Toadofsteel
10-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Wow what else is new buddy you don't think the Giants have any shot......for once can you please have faith in this team injuries or not.

A couple of the visiting SF fans have more respect for the Giants than Buddy Ryan does...

Buddy333
10-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Well I will watch the game and hope for the best, but I do think they are in trouble this game. The defense has given up huge scoring plays in all but one game. I have no reason to believe it will change this game and if they fall behind that defense the 49ers have is very good. Watching the Giants DL this year is sad. The 49ers have a very big and physical OL. I think that is my biggest worry for this game. Their OL vs the Giants DL. Hey, maybe they decide to stop making excuses and finally get to the QB. That could make this game a lot different.

BParcells777
10-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Right, and who did the Giants beat? Just saying, if we are going to compare who these two teams beat its not pretty either way.

Buddy how was tonights cheesesteak?

BigBlueAllDay
10-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Running up scores and stats on crappy teams is meaningless.

BParcells777
10-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Buddy, I see they are calling for Vicks head and Fatso's head on your boards again?

Whats up with that?

Toadofsteel
10-08-2012, 10:29 PM
Well I will watch the game and hope for the best, but I do think they are in trouble this game. The defense has given up huge scoring plays in all but one game. I have no reason to believe it will change this game and if they fall behind that defense the 49ers have is very good. Watching the Giants DL this year is sad. The 49ers have a very big and physical OL. I think that is my biggest worry for this game. Their OL vs the Giants DL. Hey, maybe they decide to stop making excuses and finally get to the QB. That could make this game a lot different.

Basically the way I see it is that the Giants have the potential to beat SF. They must show up and play all 60 minutes though in order to pull it off...

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 10:33 PM
A couple of the visiting SF fans have more respect for the Giants than Buddy Ryan does...LMAO

Buddy333
10-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Of course they could win, but they wold have to Dod a bunch of stuff hey haven't been doing and some of that would require a healthy team. Like I said, they have given up huge plays in all but one game. Think about that for a second. They have not played the best teams in the NFL either. The DL has been horrible, the OL has been ok, and they have way to many injuries. Like I said, if the DL stops making excuses, gets to the QB all game, and helps make the secondary look even better than they can be they have a chance. They also have to contain the run which is another thing hey have been struggling with and they are playing the best running team in the NFL.

Diamondring
10-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Running up scores and stats on crappy teams is meaningless.Oh please get out of here with that crazy talk. Putting up a lot of points on weak teams is way better than unable to put up a lot of points on them. You should be glad that the Giants can score cause I have seen offenses have troubles with weak and strong teams in the past and it will happen again.

Eliscruzzz
10-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Well I will watch the game and hope for the best, but I do think they are in trouble this game. The defense has given up huge scoring plays in all but one game. I have no reason to believe it will change this game and if they fall behind that defense the 49ers have is very good. Watching the Giants DL this year is sad. The 49ers have a very big and physical OL. I think that is my biggest worry for this game. Their OL vs the Giants DL. Hey, maybe they decide to stop making excuses and finally get to the QB. That could make this game a lot different.Well from what I heard from a couple of their fans is that their d-line is also having problems and another thing our o-line has been playing phenomenal this year don't know what o-line you've been watching cause every since the Dallas game they have been excellent. Like any o-line they will get better with each game. Also you think if the Giants get down by 14 they are done because it's the niners??? Trust me Eli is good no great enough to make a comeback on any defense.I don't care how great they are.

BParcells777
10-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Of course they could win, but they wold have to Dod a bunch of stuff hey haven't been doing and some of that would require a healthy team. Like I said, they have given up huge plays in all but one game. Think about that for a second. They have not played the best teams in the NFL either. The DL has been horrible, the OL has been ok, and they have way to many injuries. Like I said, if the DL stops making excuses, gets to the QB all game, and helps make the secondary look even better than they can be they have a chance. They also have to contain the run which is another thing hey have been struggling with and they are playing the best running team in the NFL.

Buddy but down the bottle and eat another cheesesteak......your spelling is deteriorating badly.......does the Walrus still have his job?

Rudyy
10-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Of course they could win, but they wold have to Dod a bunch of stuff hey haven't been doing and some of that would require a healthy team. Like I said, they have given up huge plays in all but one game. Think about that for a second. They have not played the best teams in the NFL either. The DL has been horrible, the OL has been ok, and they have way to many injuries. Like I said, if the DL stops making excuses, gets to the QB all game, and helps make the secondary look even better than they can be they have a chance. They also have to contain the run which is another thing hey have been struggling with and they are playing the best running team in the NFL. While I respect your opinion, you are still failing to bring up OUR offense against their D. Yes, ok, we've not been playing stellar teams, but neither have they. We are capable of scoring points. Will it be difficult? of course, but you're making it seem like there's absolutely no way we can beat them. Again, Cruz was all over their best corner last year, and our receivers are no joke, with the addition of Martellus Bennett. Also, his blocking has been helping the line tremendously.

Buddy333
10-08-2012, 10:46 PM
I said I think Eli is the league MVP as of today, but the offense has not faced a team like the 49ers and the way the Giants defense has been giving up big plays if they fall behind it won't be like playing the Browns.

BParcells777
10-08-2012, 10:49 PM
I said I think Eli is the league MVP as of today, but the offense has not faced a team like the 49ers and the way the Giants defense has been giving up big plays if they fall behind it won't be like playing the Browns.

We will massacre the 49rs

Buddy333
10-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Maybe they will. Tell me how you think it will happen.

Breezely
10-08-2012, 10:55 PM
I believe the Giants' can win this one. I believe the D Line will be there. I would go out on a limb and say 4 SACKS!!!!!!.. However, I am concerned about our safety play. Safeties seem to be out of position and late on a lot of plays. The Giants' staff knows this and they will be prepared. I gotta roll with Coughlin and staff and Eli!!!!!!!!!!!!! Giants' will win!!!!

SackingMyths
10-08-2012, 11:02 PM
We can't just beat them at the point of attack on I formation, 2 TE sets. So just scrap it. That'll get us nuttin but 2 Yd runs or -1, -2 Yd runs.

I wanna see us in the shotgun right off the bat. No-huddle, but not a true "hurry-up"...just enough to keep their personnel stuck on the field. Spread em out and keep their dime personnel in. Mix draws with Ahmad, have him back there for pass protection or for dumps out in the flats, with Cruz killin it out of the slot, Hixon and Randle winning one on ones. Score 7s and not 3s, control T.O.P.

In our 3 wins we average 40 ppg. In 2 losses-17ppg.

This is how we'll have to score points and make them play from behind.

31-20 NYG

GameTime
10-09-2012, 12:01 AM
Blah Blah Blah........We will destroy them
think you said that last year and how did that work out????

dont even say they won...which they did but bith times you said the Giants would kill thme which they didnt....

take easy homer

CDN_G-FAN
10-09-2012, 12:12 AM
We don't match up well againt this team at all.

We won last time because harbaugh was an idiot and our defense was better than it is now.

Toughest game on our schedule IMHO.

giantsfan420
10-09-2012, 12:25 AM
We don't match up well againt this team at all.

We won last time because harbaugh was an idiot and our defense was better than it is now.

Toughest game on our schedule IMHO.

well with our injuries we wont match up with many teams favorably. if we get nicks, hosely, n rivers back, i'd say we match up well vs them. we are usually good vs the run. we have a dl that SHOULD pressure their qb. we have as potent a pass attack as possible which is better for us bc sf is nasty vs the run.

i'd say our strengths match up with the 9ers pretty well...

Parademon
10-09-2012, 12:29 AM
We need to constantly throw on 1st down for positive yardage & stay in easy 2nd-3rd & short situations that keep the clock running, move the chains & keeps the 9er D on the field as long as possible. On D, we have to concentrate on stopping the run & force Smith to beat us thru the air. When in the red zonw, we have to come up with 7s not 3s. Winning the turnover battle will most likely determine the winner of this game.

giantsfan420
10-09-2012, 12:31 AM
We need to constantly throw on 1st down for positive yardage & stay in easy 2nd-3rd & short situations that keep the clock running, move the chains & keeps the 9er D on the field as long as possible. On D, we have to concentrate on stopping the run & force Smith to beat us thru the air. When in the red zonw, we have to come up with 7s not 3s. Winning the turnover battle will most likely determine the winner of this game.

thats a good point. to add, we need to keep our d fresh. SF loves being physical early in games and wearing defenses out so by the 4th quarter, they can run all over the place. we need our offense to play like we're going against NE's offense n we have to keep brady off the field

giantsfan420
10-09-2012, 12:34 AM
one huge factor that favors us is SF forces offenses to work down the field w/o conceding a big play td. for most qbs, it frustrates them into eventually forcing the ball where they shouldn't. eli is the master of taking what the d gives him imho. eli will need to hit the rb's/fb in the flats, hit the te, check it down. similar to this last SB, take the chances down field on short yardage situations (yes i know some people think its "bad" decision making) bc vs this defense, thats the best time to attack.

PRGiant
10-09-2012, 12:46 AM
Unfortunately I don't think the Giants with their current roster match up well against the 49ers. I think Eli is the league MVP to this point, but after that everything favors the 49ers. They run the ball better than anyone and they stop the run better than anyone. The Giants have way to many issues on defense. Even if all the injured guys came back healthy the healthy guys are not playing well.
Um San Fran's defense is 6th on YPCs...

Toadofsteel
10-09-2012, 01:05 AM
one huge factor that favors us is SF forces offenses to work down the field w/o conceding a big play td. for most qbs, it frustrates them into eventually forcing the ball where they shouldn't. eli is the master of taking what the d gives him imho. eli will need to hit the rb's/fb in the flats, hit the te, check it down. similar to this last SB, take the chances down field on short yardage situations (yes i know some people think its "bad" decision making) bc vs this defense, thats the best time to attack.

This is true... part of why Eli matches up well with the 49ers defense. You can bang him around all you want and try to frustrate him, but if he's on his game he just doesn't get knocked off. He's easy Eli for a reason.

It's much more important for our defense to step up. VD isn't the only guy that can catch the ball on their offense anymore. Manningham seems to have been able to pick up their simpler offensive scheme (simpler not necessarily a bad thing) right away. Crabtree looks like he's a legitimate receiver now. So it's going to depend on several of our key injuries coming back and everyone stepping up. Prince and Hosley both need to be healthy and play tight coverage. Rivers needs to be healthy, as the only LB group that has any hope of stopping the run is Rivers-Boley-Kiwi (along with a healthy Phillips at safety). Gore and Hunter are legit RBs like ****ty McCoy and Richardson. We need to be ready to handle Jacobs too, just because he tiptoed behind our 2011 offensive excuse for a line doesn't mean he's necessarily out of steam just yet.

I actually predict a bit of a shootout at candlestick on Sunday. The 49ers front 7 have been struggling like ours have as of late, and have only really been able to beat up on weaker teams, like ours have. Yet the raw talent is still there on both sides somewhere. Whichever D-line steps up will probably win the game, to be honest.

Colorado49er
10-09-2012, 01:06 AM
You forgot to mention the passing game? Have you forgotten how Cruz torched Carlos Rogers..

More than likley Rogers wont be lined up on Cruz, it should be Brown or Culiver.

GFiP
10-09-2012, 03:56 AM
Gore is going to gore our D if Bernard isn't back.

Captain Chaos
10-09-2012, 04:50 AM
This will be a huge challenge, but it is not impossible. Our D has to stop Gore!

CDN_G-FAN
10-09-2012, 06:36 AM
well with our injuries we wont match up with many teams favorably. if we get nicks, hosely, n rivers back, i'd say we match up well vs them. we are usually good vs the run. we have a dl that SHOULD pressure their qb. we have as potent a pass attack as possible which is better for us bc sf is nasty vs the run.

i'd say our strengths match up with the 9ers pretty well...

with all due respect, i think you're measuring our reputation against the 49ers instead of what we've been seeing on the field.

we've been **** against the run and have a defensvie line that can't pressure a QB consistently.

with the injuries we have in the secondary, trying to defend a team with Ginn/Moss/Manningham/Davis as passing targets, coupled with literally the best rushing attack in the NFL is not what i call a good match up for us.

they also have the best ranked defense in the league, which is 2nd in the league against the pass. they're not just a good run defense.

it's not impossible to beat these guys, but we're in the wrong place at the wrong time against this team.

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 07:37 AM
we've been **** against the run and have a defensvie line that can't pressure a QB consistently.with the injuries we have in the secondary, trying to defend a team with Ginn/Moss/Manningham/Davis as passing targets, coupled with literally the best rushing attack in the NFL is not what i call a good match up for us.they also have the best ranked defense in the league, which is 2nd in the league against the pass. they're not just a good run defense.it's not impossible to beat these guys, but we're in the wrong place at the wrong time against this team.This is what I'm saying. I don't think the Giants match up well at all. Good against the run? Really? Richardson was having a decent day until for some reason they stopped using him. Even Carl Banks said something like that yesterday. Against the Eagles they where good for a half against the run. To bad they forgot about the second half. TC made a comment on the DL yesterday and it wasn't a compliment. They don't get to the QB and they lose contain on the run. All this going against a huge OL that plays with a mean streak. The Giants biggest strength right now would be their passing game but with back ups against this defense I'm not sure you can even give the the edge on that department. I have to see Nicks play before I can say they have any kind of advantage.

OX1
10-09-2012, 08:13 AM

Why are many of their fans saying their pass rush is not what it was last year?
They could have god running around in their secondary and it won't matter much
with Eli and the boys if he gets even a decent amount of time.

We need to pull an E-girls on them, go max protect on our first drive
and no shots down the field that could eat up downs. Dink and dunk
to a first score. Use the screen instead of the run, which I think at worst
could be no yards (vs the run which could easily be neg yardage).

slipknottin
10-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Am I the only one that finds it sort of pathetic to watch teams circle regular season games to avenge playoff loses?

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Blah Blah Blah........We will destroy them Really?

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Am I the only one that finds it sort of pathetic to watch teams circle regular season games to avenge playoff loses? You mean the team that beat themselves?

slipknottin
10-09-2012, 08:43 AM
You mean the team that beat themselves?

I mean its always important to get wins, but do the 49ers think the giants feel this game has any more meaning than any other game? Why would the giants care?

BParcells777
10-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Really?

Yes I'm calling this one Giants 33 San Fran 10.....they are terriffic at beating up lousy teams

Now they have to face the NFLs best team and they will fall on their faces with their clay feet cracked

I will be shocked if we do not manhandle this team. Remember the Giants rise to the occassion, and they will be out for blood

CDN_G-FAN
10-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Yes I'm calling this one Giants 33 San Fran 10.....they are terriffic at beating up lousy teams

Now they have to face the NFLs best team and they will fall on their faces with their clay feet cracked

I will be shocked if we do not manhandle this team. Remember the Giants rise to the occassion, and they will be out for blood

everyone's entitled to their opinion.

i want to see who the scorched earth fans (we lost therefore the coaches are horrible, roster is horrible, front office is horrible) are if we lose this game; i imagine they'll be the same thinking we're huge favorites going into this game. and that will be a massive overreaction to what should be obvious right now, which is the 49ers are probably the best or 2nd best team in the NFL right now.

we can win this game, but win or lose, people thinking the 49ers are a joke, especially at candlestick, especially after we beat them in the NFCC last year, are in for a shock how real this team is.

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 09:07 AM
I see a lot of posters thinking the 49ers are frauds because they beat up some bad teams like the Jets and Buffalo. Like the Giants have beaten anyone. At least the 49ers have done it in dominating fashion. The Giants had to play catch up with two teams that are a combined 1-8. The problem for the Giants have a lot of injuries and the guys on defense that are healthy are playing poorly. Maybe they get it together.

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 09:14 AM
I mean its always important to get wins, but do the 49ers think the giants feel this game has any more meaning than any other game? Why would the giants care? I guess they just don't get it. How are they going to handle losing Sunday?

CDN_G-FAN
10-09-2012, 09:15 AM
I see a lot of posters thinking the 49ers are frauds because they beat up some bad teams like the Jets and Buffalo. Like the Giants have beaten anyone. At least the 49ers have done it in dominating fashion. The Giants had to play catch up with two teams that are a combined 1-8. The problem for the Giants have a lot of injuries and the guys on defense that are healthy are playing poorly. Maybe they get it together.

+1

great post.

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 09:15 AM
I see a lot of posters thinking the 49ers are frauds because they beat up some bad teams like the Jets and Buffalo. Like the Giants have beaten anyone. At least the 49ers have done it in dominating fashion. The Giants had to play catch up with two teams that are a combined 1-8. The problem for the Giants have a lot of injuries and the guys on defense that are healthy are playing poorly. Maybe they get it together. There are no asterisks in the win column.

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 09:17 AM
for the first time since I've been a fan I think the offense to go toe to toe with any team in this League. If we can get up early we can beat them

BParcells777
10-09-2012, 09:25 AM
You can bet the ranch on this game

This is a statement game and the Giants are going to go out there and defend the flag big time

Doust thou remember Alex Smith is so bad he could only complete one pass against us in the playoffs in the second half and OT?????

What are they going to do, throw Frank (who once rushed for 9 yds on us) Gore at us???? They are a lamb waiting to be slaughtered.

Stevie Brown will have 2 picks, we will rush for 150 yds and 350 passing.........Giants will blitz hard as they do not have to worry about passing

Giants 33-10

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Yes I'm calling this one Giants 33 San Fran 10.....they are terriffic at beating up lousy teams Now they have to face the NFLs best team and they will fall on their faces with their clay feet cracked I will be shocked if we do not manhandle this team. Remember the Giants rise to the occassion, and they will be out for blood I expect the Giants to win but I don't expect the Forty Niners to lay down

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 09:51 AM
You can bet the ranch on this game This is a statement game and the Giants are going to go out there and defend the flag big time Doust thou remember Alex Smith is so bad he could only complete one pass against us in the playoffs in the second half and OT????? What are they going to do, throw Frank (who once rushed for 9 yds on us) Gore at us???? They are a lamb waiting to be slaughtered. Stevie Brown will have 2 picks, we will rush for 150 yds and 350 passing.........Giants will blitz hard as they do not have to worry about passing Giants 33-10 I expect good games out of the offense and special teams.