PDA

View Full Version : I'm not worried about the defense

Diamondring
10-08-2012, 11:31 PM
So the defense is having a lot of troubles. Long as our offense score the ponts they suppose to, I'm satisfied what the defense has done so far.

SuperNYGiants
10-08-2012, 11:34 PM
You should, because Giants are not scoring 40 points on 49ers.

Diamondring
10-08-2012, 11:35 PM
You should, because Giants are not scoring 40 points on 49ers.I bet they can.

Flip Empty
10-08-2012, 11:38 PM
I don't know how anyone can be satisfied with mediocrity.

SuperNYGiants
10-08-2012, 11:45 PM
I bet they can.
Put your mouth where your money is.

GameTime
10-08-2012, 11:46 PM
So the defense is having a lot of troubles. Long as our offense score the ponts they suppose to, I'm satisfied what the defense has done so far.
in a low scoring or tight game the Giants D will be a big liablilty

Rudyy
10-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Put your mouth where your money is. That's..not correct lol.

SuperNYGiants
10-08-2012, 11:49 PM
That's..not correct lol.
It was intentional, I want his mouth so I can shut it. I have too much money already.

Rudyy
10-08-2012, 11:52 PM
It was intentional, I want his mouth so I can shut it. I have too much money already. Dude lmfao what?

giantsfan420
10-08-2012, 11:58 PM
he failed...then failed trying to explain the fail lol

Rudyy
10-09-2012, 12:02 AM
he failed...then failed trying to explain the fail lol I know. Somebody needs to go to bed.

SuperNYGiants
10-09-2012, 12:09 AM
he failed...then failed trying to explain the fail lol
Who is this bozo.

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Not worried about the defense? Really? So the fact that they keep giving up huge plays is not a problem? Yeah, I think Eli is playing great, but the only two good team they played they didn't pile up points on offense. This team they are playing is the best defense they will have faced all year. This will not be a shoot out.

BlueSanta
10-09-2012, 12:25 AM
A Giants fan who doesnt care about Defense isn't a Giants fan.

giantsfan420
10-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Not worried about the defense? Really? So the fact that they keep giving up huge plays is not a problem? Yeah, I think Eli is playing great, but the only two good team they played they didn't pile up points on offense. This team they are playing is the best defense they will have faced all year. This will not be a shoot out.

dude, it might be better listing things u arent worried about, bc the list of what u are worried about is wayyyyyyyy too long

giantsfan420
10-09-2012, 12:39 AM
im confident that the d will get itself figured out before its too late

CDN_G-FAN
10-09-2012, 12:57 AM
Why does this thread seem like fallout from another thread?

How can someone be satisfied with this defense?

PennState1
10-09-2012, 02:11 AM
A Giants fan who doesnt care about Defense isn't a Giants fan. You betcha!!!

GiantRoc
10-09-2012, 02:52 AM
I'm worried. I don't see how you can't be. On my part, I think its because I was expecting so much, based on how they ended last year. I hope Fewell can dial up some blitzes or throw some disguises out there. If we can get some confusion working, it might buy some time for the rush to get home.

Antwuan
10-09-2012, 04:19 AM

The thing about that is when the Giants to play teams with better defenses like the 49ers, their defense is going to have to step up because their is no guarantee that we have a big day offensively vs 49ers. Im not satisfied with the play of our defense, I expected more coming into the season. We can't keep getting into these shootouts because there is no guarantees. Our defense needs to step up, outside of the Panthers game our D-Line hasn't have played well in a full game.

Captain Chaos
10-09-2012, 05:53 AM

As he puts on his rose colored glasses.....

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 07:51 AM
It was intentional, I want his mouth so I can shut it. I have too much money already.Now look, Eli and KG already proved you wrong about what they needed to do. Eli threw the ball a lot and Giants still had over 200 yards rushing and they didn't even have to establish the run to do it either.

Now you want to shut me up? Well I'm sorry but even if the Giants don't score 40 on the 49ers proves nothing cause I said I bet you they can, not bet you they will cause the coaches have their own gameplan. Yet I bet you the Giants can score a lot of points in the 30s. If not then I won't post for a whole week..

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 08:00 AM
A Giants fan who doesnt care about Defense isn't a Giants fan.That makes no sense. I'm a Giants fan cause I want them to have success. IF they aren't going to win, I would be happy if they put on a good showing no matter if it is on defense or offense but since our defense is not giving oppositions a lot of points in the 30s, then we should should have a big chance to win the game cause our offense is highs scoring.

I learned in the past that you can't have both good offense or a good defense and you really don't need to. I would love the Giants to have a good defense but my knowledge also tells me that a high scoring offense can help your defense out as well. You know how?

Flip Empty
10-09-2012, 08:13 AM
should have a big chance to win the game cause our offense is highs scoring.
That's all fine and good except the Niners' D has made a habit of shutting down high-scoring offenses.

SweetZombieJesus
10-09-2012, 08:15 AM

I hate being the '84 Dolphins. Defense wins championships, and is one of the pillars this franchise is built upon.

It's not the Giants without defense showing up.

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 08:36 AM
That's all fine and good except the Niners' D has made a habit of shutting down high-scoring offenses.When? Our high scoring offense has even the backups good like Wilson and soon up and becoming Reuben. The 49ers didn't face our offense wich is different from the others. Giants only stop themselves.

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 08:38 AM
I hate being the '84 Dolphins. Defense wins championships, and is one of the pillars this franchise is built upon.

It's not the Giants without defense showing up.Not anymore. It is time to just build the team to win no matter if it is high scoring offense, ball control, heavy running, heavy passing or Westcoast offense so on and so on. The 49ers were based on Westcoast Offense and won a good amount of championships with it now you think they still run it now?

As for defense, sometimes having a real good defense is not good cause you rely on it too much.

SweetZombieJesus
10-09-2012, 08:41 AM
Not anymore. It is time to just build the team to win no matter if it is high scoring offense, ball control, heavy running, heavy passing or Westcoast offense so on and so on. The 49ers were based on Westcoast Offense and won a good amount of championships with it now you think they still run it now?

High scoring teams don't win without defense. Look at all the recent SB winners and even the biggest example of throw-till-your-arm-falls-off the Saints had a nasty defense. You have to be able to punch other teams in the mouth with your defense, it's how WE won 2 SBs in the last 5 years.

Meanwhile look at all the high flying offenses, now and in the past, they LOSE when they run into a tough, physical team. What happened to the record setting 2007 Patriots, highest scoring offense in league history? Yeah, that.

It's the equivalent of the Yankees' problem in baseball. They build the team for high scoring offense... Then in the playoffs they run into superior pitching and production drops and they sit there trying to score home runs in vain.

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Without the defense the Giants don't win their last two Super Bowls. I can't even believe that anyone thinks the defense is not important.

Flip Empty
10-09-2012, 08:46 AM
When?
They've beaten the Lions and Packers.

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 08:56 AM
High scoring teams don't win without defense. Look at all the recent SB winners and even the biggest example of throw-till-your-arm-falls-off the Saints had a nasty defense. You have to be able to punch other teams in the mouth with your defense, it's how WE won 2 SBs in the last 5 years.

Meanwhile look at all the high flying offenses, now and in the past, they LOSE when they run into a tough, physical team.

It's the equivalent of the Yankees' problem in baseball. They build the team for high scoring offense... Then in the playoffs they run into superior pitching and production drops.You mean they don't win with good defenses? My post is about being satisfied with our defense. A lot of you are over estimating the defenses cause they gave up points but the Packers defense gave up points last year and they were 15 and one. They played another high scoring offense the Giants and that is how they lost. Giants Offense will expose those fake 49ers.

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Yeah the Packers where 15-1 last year and then lost at home where they averaged 40 points a game because the defense stopped them. The two TD's they scored where gifted to them by the officials. If the Giants defense gives up a 14 point lead this week they will not be able to pile on points like they did against the Browns.

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Without the defense the Giants don't win their last two Super Bowls. I can't even believe that anyone thinks the defense is not important.My friend. I',m 44 years old and study the game for 27 years. You must think that a defense need to hold offenses to 17 points or under? No a defense does not have to do that and there are not that many defenses out there able to do it. Also the 49ers played nobody special. Who are the Bills? They are nothng and those Jets don't have a offense. Now all of a sudden the 40ers have a real good defense and offense and our offense can't put up a lot of points on them? Giants offense is way better than the Bills and Jets and we have way more talent.

The Giants could have put up a lot of poins on Dallas and the Egals if the coaches change their ways. FORGET ABOUT ESTABLISHING HE RUN AND JUST PLAY TO SCORE SCORE SCORE!! Their offense is not made to take time off the clock and the reasons why the Giants ran the ball well is cause they can pass the ball well and that open holes by keeping too many defenders away from the middle.

Kruunch
10-09-2012, 09:11 AM

This .... unfortunately.

I do expect them to step it up at some point but it's painful to watch this defense right now.

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Yeah the Packers where 15-1 last year and then lost at home where they averaged 40 points a game because the defense stopped them. The two TD's they scored where gifted to them by the officials. If the Giants defense gives up a 14 point lead this week they will not be able to pile on points like they did against the Browns.And our offense put up so many points that the Packers were unable to come back. Look my friend, the Packers played another high scoring offense the Giants my man that is why they lost. Yet let our offense have problems and I bet the Packers woul have came back on them.

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 09:16 AM
So tell me the last time you saw a bad defense win the Super Bowl and I'm not talking about rankings? I'm talking about defenses that played through the playoffs. The Giants don't beat a high powered offense in the Super Bowl twice without defense.

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 09:17 AM
This .... unfortunately.

I do expect them to step it up at some point but it's painful to watch this defense right now.Why you guys think that the defense has to hold offenses to 17 points. Look at the Pats, their defense gave up points and still won the game.

Kruunch
10-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Why you guys think that the defense has to hold offenses to 17 points. Look at the Pats, their defense gave up points and still won the game.

True .. with today's offensive dynamics, defenses don't have to be as stalwart as they had to in the past.

Having said that, they do have to show up at some point.

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Right, like in the playoffs and Super Bowl.

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 09:25 AM
So tell me the last time you saw a bad defense win the Super Bowl and I'm not talking about rankings? I'm talking about defenses that played through the playoffs. The Giants don't beat a high powered offense in the Super Bowl twice without defense.A bad defense? My man, you need to change your ways of thinking. It is all about the matchups and my post is about being satisfied with our defense. Our defense is not holding offenses under 17 points and they gave up points. The defense rating is overrated cause the 49ers also played weak as teams that didn't move the ball on offense.

No team has won the Superbowl without defense cause the offense can be like defense as well by keep on putting up points and taking time off the clock keeping the opposition's offense off the field so that is like defense. Another thing you should understand that moving the chains take time off the clock. Giants offense wich was high scoring even in 07 was consistant and that helped the defense not have to be on the field all of the time.

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 09:28 AM
You keep talking about high scoring offense but the last two Super Bowls the Giants won where not high scoring. If anything the defenses where playing very well in both Super Bowls.

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 09:34 AM
You keep talking about high scoring offense but the last two Super Bowls the Giants won where not high scoring. If anything the defenses where playing very well in both Super Bowls.Yes Giants were. They were made to score a lot of points and you can tell cause when they had to catch up, they were able to. High scoring offenses are made to make comebacks wich the Giants did against the Browns and Bucks this year. Watch what they do to the 49ers defense. You are making them too powerful ands watch Giants offense make the 49er's defense fake, frauds..

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Tampa and the Browns are a combined 1-8. They are not the 49ers. That's not to say the Giants don't have a good offense, but those teams that they had to catch up to are not in the same category as the 49ers on defense. You make it like the 49ers are a fraud on defense. They have been good for a while now.

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Tampa and the Browns are a combined 1-8. They are not the 49ers. That's not to say the Giants don't have a good offense, but those teams that they had to catch up to are not in the same category as the 49ers on defense. You make it like the 49ers are a fraud on defense. They have been good for a while now.Ok and who the 49ers shut down on offense?

GameTime
10-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Yes Giants were. They were made to score a lot of points and you can tell cause when they had to catch up, they were able to. High scoring offenses are made to make comebacks wich the Giants did against the Browns and Bucks this year. Watch what they do to the 49ers defense. You are making them too powerful ands watch Giants offense make the 49er's defense fake, frauds..
how are they frauds?? Eli couldnt stay in his feet last year and they are essentially the same defense. If the Giants dont do a lot of quick passes and get a run game going they will have a hrd time on Sunday. Maybe...just maybe....they will use the hurry up to keep the Niners D in check.
You should also be worried about the Giants D vs the Gore and the Niners O.

BlueReign
10-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Which is what this game will be. We all know the Giants step up or down to their competition and the 49ers offense really isn't that good. Their numbers are inflated due to the teams that they have played thus far. Nothing impressive yet.

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 09:52 AM
how are they frauds?? Eli couldnt stay in his feet last year and they are essentially the same defense. If the Giants dont do a lot of quick passes and get a run game going they will have a hrd time on Sunday. Maybe...just maybe....they will use the hurry up to keep the Niners D in check.
You should also be worried about the Giants D vs the Gore and the Niners O.What you have said means nothing. Remember in 011 season the Pats beat the mess out of the Jets but in the playoffs, the Jets beat the Pats who put up a lot of points on them. Things can change my friend and our offense has changed to. We have two new big time playmakers in Williams and Reuben and watch they be released on those fakers. If I lose then I eat crow hard and won't post for a week. Guaranteed.

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Which is what this game will be. We all know the Giants step up or down to their competition and the 49ers offense really isn't that good. Their numbers are inflated due to the teams that they have played thus far. Nothing impressive yet.Bingo.

CDN_G-FAN
10-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Yes Giants were. They were made to score a lot of points and you can tell cause when they had to catch up, they were able to. High scoring offenses are made to make comebacks wich the Giants did against the Browns and Bucks this year. Watch what they do to the 49ers defense. You are making them too powerful ands watch Giants offense make the 49er's defense fake, frauds..

the problem i have with this thought process is if we lose this game, sandbaggers for our defense will point the finger to our offense as the part that let us down.

which means we hold our defense and our offense to different standards. Since our offense is capable of big numbers, they better come through.

our defense? well, we have a big offense so they're doing good enough.

that sounds like a) we're trying to convince ourselves that our crappy defense doesn't matter, which it does, or b) we're trying to find a way to picture how we're going to beat a team that's proven it has BOTH a great defense and great offense.

GameTime
10-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Which is what this game will be. We all know the Giants step up or down to their competition and the 49ers offense really isn't that good. Their numbers are inflated due to the teams that they have played thus far. Nothing impressive yet.
they dont have to be impressive vs the Giants D the way they are playing right now. The Browns put up 27 and they arent impressive.
Gore isnt an uotside runner per se but the have a two other backs that are. I am one the people who think Smith is actually a pretty decent QB.
The Giants can win but they need a very solid game from the D. I am suspect of that right now.

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Ok and who the 49ers shut down on offense?I'm not arguing that they have played the best team although the Packers and Lions are probably a lot better than Tampa and the Browns. You are making it out like the 49ers are not a good defense and the Giants will be able to do what they did to Tampa and the Browns because of the hole the Giants defense out them in. The same defense you are not worried about.

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 09:57 AM
the problem i have with this thought process is if we lose this game, sandbaggers for our defense will point the finger to our offense as the part that let us down.

which means we hold our defense and our offense to different standards. Since our offense is capable of big numbers, they better come through.

our defense? well, we have a big offense so they're doing good enough.

that sounds like a) we're trying to convince ourselves that our crappy defense doesn't matter, which it does, or b) we're trying to find a way to picture how we're going to beat a team that's proven it has BOTH a great defense and great offense.My man, look at other teams that gave up points like the Pats. You seen how many points they gave to the Bills and all of a sudden the Pats put up what 40 points? Our defense isn't really that talented cause we don't have extra blitzers. The Giants D had to play too hard last year. Just cause Giants defense gives up points does not mean they are a bad defense. All defenses do not hold offenses under 20 points eve the best ones will give up points to a good offensive team.

GameTime
10-09-2012, 09:59 AM
pretty simple. If the Giants, like you, are not worried about the Niners D in their house, then they will be in for a long afternoon. Justify it out any way you like. The Niners D is very very good. The Niners offense is not that bad either. Especially up against the Giants D that has under peformed all season so far.

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 10:05 AM
I'm not arguing that they have played the best team although the Packers and Lions are probably a lot better than Tampa and the Browns. You are making it out like the 49ers are not a good defense and the Giants will be able to do what they did to Tampa and the Browns because of the hole the Giants defense out them in. The same defense you are not worried about.Ok ok, but I am going to ask you one question. Now you know that the 49ers offense is doing well? Well so you think they are going to blow the Giants away? You think the Giants aren't going to be able to score to keep up?

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 10:07 AM
pretty simple. If the Giants, like you, are not worried about the Niners D in their house, then they will be in for a long afternoon. Justify it out any way you like. The Niners D is very very good. The Niners offense is not that bad either. Especially up against the Giants D that has under peformed all season so far.Do you know that what you said is like sayin the Giants offense is going to play soft cause usualy underestimating something means you don't need to try hard to beat them. Giants Offense isn't going to do that and that is take the 49ers defense lightly, that is my job watch.

GameTime
10-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Do you know that what you said is like sayin the Giants offense is going to play soft cause usualy underestimating something means you don't need to try hard to beat them. Giants Offense isn't going to do that watch.
I am not saying that at all. What I am saying is the Giants offense will not underestimate the the Niners D like you are trying to justify out.
If they go in with your attitude that they are frauds then they will get smoked.

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 10:12 AM
I am not saying that at all. What I am saying is the Giants offense will not underestimate the the Niners D like you are trying to justify out.
If they go in with your attitude that they are frauds then they will get smoked.Right cause underestimating a defense means that you are going to not try hard to beat someone. That is my job not the Giants on underestimate the 49ers defense but I am not going to say they are able to stop our team from scoring no no and they will not. Giants will make the 49ers Frauds by putting up points against their defense. There's a difference cause they Giants have to show us that and I believe they will.

miked1958
10-09-2012, 10:13 AM
You should, because Giants are not scoring 40 points on 49ers.The way our D has been playing and the way the Niners have been racking up points this season we would prob need to score more then 40 to win that game

CDN_G-FAN
10-09-2012, 10:13 AM
My man, look at other teams that gave up points like the Pats. You seen how many points they gave to the Bills and all of a sudden the Pats put up what 40 points? Our defense isn't really that talented cause we don't have extra blitzers. The Giants D had to play too hard last year. Just cause Giants defense gives up points does not mean they are a bad defense. All defenses do not hold offenses under 20 points eve the best ones will give up points to a good offensive team.

teams like the pats and saints and old Colts have fewer SB wins in the last 5 years compared to us because they're offense only teams. Look no further than the Pats who, based on their drafting strategy this year, acknowleged they can't continue to play that way.

The Saints went out and got Spags, doesn't sound like a team that feels the offense can make up for the defense anymore.

our defense isn't that talented because our defensive line which should be one of the best in the league and capable of getting pressure with only 4 rushers is playing below average, we have below average LBers (in every respect, not just blitzing) and our secondary is starting 3rd and 4th string guys right now.

its not because it gives up points, it can't get off the field in 3rd and longs, it can't stop the run unless a stupid opponents' coaching staff stops calling runs, its not harrassing QBs unless it blitzes and then we don't have the players in the back 7 to make a QB scared about throwing the ball quickly, and it can't get stops in the 4th quarter when we really need them.

i hope you're right and i'm wrong (the offense is so good the defense is playing good enough and doesn't really matter), but there's enough teams out there right now that are really good on both sides of the ball that just being a gun slingin' offense won't be enough.

i think defense really does matter, and feel free to flame me out next monday if i'm proven wrong.

but i'll be watching for the fans on these boards that are thinking only one unit on the Giants really matters, and guys on here trying to flame this offense for not putting up 24+ against top ranked defenses while giving a pass to our defense are gonna get as good as they give.

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Ok ok, but I am going to ask you one question. Now you know that the 49ers offense is doing well? Well so you think they are going to blow the Giants away? You think the Giants aren't going to be able to score to keep up?If the 49ers take a big lead, the Giants might lose by 20+. The defense that doesn't bother you can not get to QB anymore making even a rookie look good. The defense also has not played the run well and they are going against a team that runs the ball extremely well. The defense that doesn't bother you has given up huge scoring plays to all but one team this year. Now you want to compare making a come back on a team like the 49ers to coming back on Tampa or the Browns. The 49ers are much better team than those teams and yes I'm saying the Giants can not fall behind 14-0 to that team.

GameTime
10-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Right cause underestimating a defense means that you are going to not try hard to beat someone. That is my job not the Giants on underestimate the 49ers defense but I am not going to say they are able to stop our team from scoring no no and they will not. Giants will make the 49ers Frauds by putting up points against their defense. There's a difference cause they Giants have to show us that and I believe they will.
I did say I think the Giants can and will win but even if the Giants win it doesnt mean the Niners D is a fraud.

OX1
10-09-2012, 10:46 AM
One thing I did see is their sack rating dropped from 5th last year to 23rd this year
(they are really no a better than us in sacks so far this year). Some of their fans
have complained about their pass rush, maybe there is something to that.

There was also complaints about their red zone D until they whipped up on
the jets and bills. These 2 things at least give me some hope that their
pass D is not up to last years standards. Not saying they are not still
very good, but we can give any team trouble with our passing game (except the E-girls, UGH!!).

CowboysSuck
10-09-2012, 10:50 AM
On any given Sunday an NFL offense can put up a good amount of points on any caliber defense.

I dont see us scoring more than 27 points, but I suppose it could happen.

What I do see is the niners offense failing to score more than 20.

24-20 Giants

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 10:51 AM
If the 49ers take a big lead, the Giants might lose by 20+. The defense that doesn't bother you can not get to QB anymore making even a rookie look good. The defense also has not played the run well and they are going against a team that runs the ball extremely well. The defense that doesn't bother you has given up huge scoring plays to all but one team this year. Now you want to compare making a come back on a team like the 49ers to coming back on Tampa or the Browns. The 49ers are much better team than those teams and yes I'm saying the Giants can not fall behind 14-0 to that team.Giants aren't going to lose by plus 20 points. The 49er's defense and offense is overrated and our defense is underrated and our defense are playing you all. Watch they come at the 49ers and get that weak qb. He will be in for a big day.

Giants offense is so good that the defense can slack off a couple of games. You know nothing about that. Some teams defense have to play good in every game cause their offense is not high scoring. We have two deep threats on our team and 49ers defense can't handle. The Bills and Jets have no offense. The Browns were desperate and would even give the 49ers a go. The Egals made a lot of mistakes in their last game and we gave them a go and should have won the game against them. WHAT YOU HAVE SAID MEANS LITTLE MY FRIEND AND WATCH THE GIANTS SHINE LIKE A BRIGHT STAR!! Cruz is going to have a lot of fun against those weak as overated 49ers.

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 10:56 AM
I did say I think the Giants can and will win but even if the Giants win it doesnt mean the Niners D is a fraud.Hey, you and Buddy333 may be right in what you have said but we might as well say f that and that is what I am doing. The reason why I am satisfied with the defense is cause they always gave up points against weak teams. Yet soon or later, they will maybe shine hopefully.

Flip Empty
10-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Giants aren't going to lose by plus 20 points. The 49er's defense and offense is overrated and our defense is underrated and our defense are playing you all. Watch they come at the 49ers and get that weak qb. He will be in for a big day.

Giants offense is so good that the defense can slack off a couple of games. You know nothing about that. Some teams defense have to play good in every game cause their offense is not high scoring. We have two deep threats on our team and 49ers defense can't handle. The Bills and Jets have no offense. The Browns were desperate and would even give the 49ers a go. The Egals made a lot of mistakes in their last game and we gave them a go and should have won the game against them. WHAT YOU HAVE SAID MEANS LITTLE MY FRIEND AND WATCH THE GIANTS SHINE LIKE A BRIGHT STAR!! Cruz is going to have a lot of fun against those weak as overated 49ers.
How is the Giants' defense underrated? They allowed a supplemental rookie to score two touchdowns on them. How is the Niners' defense overrated when they've only conceded a single touchdown to a wide receiver this season?

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Giants aren't going to lose by plus 20 points. The 49er's defense and offense is overrated and our defense is underrated and our defense are playing you all. Watch they come at the 49ers and get that weak qb. He will be in for a big day. Giants offense is so good that the defense can slack off a couple of games. You know nothing about that. Some teams defense have to play good in every game cause their offense is not high scoring. We have two deep threats on our team and 49ers defense can't handle. The Bills and Jets have no offense. The Browns were desperate and would even give the 49ers a go. The Egals made a lot of mistakes in their last game and we gave them a go and should have won the game against them. WHAT YOU HAVE SAID MEANS LITTLE MY FRIEND AND WATCH THE GIANTS SHINE LIKE A BRIGHT STAR!! Cruz is going to have a lot of fun against those weak as overated 49ers.Yeah, the Giants defense is so underrated that even their head coach expressed concern over their lack of pressure. Why are he 49ers over rated? Please explain this to me because I'm confused.

jakegibbs
10-09-2012, 11:16 AM

NOT SO FAST; HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THE EAGLE GAME ALREADY? One stop is all they needed once they got the lead but how'd the D to then partner. uggggggh...hmmmmmmmm......

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Yeah, the Giants define is so underrated that even their head coach expressed concern over their lack of pressure. Why are he 49ers over rated? Please explain this to me because I'm confused.The 49ers played nobody special and soon they are gong to play high scoring offense way better than the Packers.

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 11:25 AM
So the 49ers played nobody and they are over rated but the Giants have played nobody and are underrated?

GeoGoGo
10-09-2012, 11:25 AM
I bet they can.

I will take that action. No way they score 40.

GeoGoGo
10-09-2012, 11:26 AM
I don't know how anyone can be satisfied with mediocrity.

Winner! Winner! Chicken dinner!

GameTime
10-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Hey, you and Buddy333 may be right in what you have said but we might as well say f that and that is what I am doing. The reason why I am satisfied with the defense is cause they always gave up points against weak teams. Yet soon or later, they will maybe shine hopefully.
what I hope is that the Giants are underestimated by the Niners. That would be nice. Not the Giants need that but a coupl eof quick scores would be cool

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 11:27 AM
So the 49ers played nobody and they are over rated but the Giants have played nobody and are underrated?Giants played against two good teams the Egals and Dallas in their own division while the 49ers only played the Pack who is also having troubles. Lions aint nothing no more and who are the Bills and Jets? Come on man your losing and think that our offense is like theose other teams. Stop your bull man damn.

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Giants played against two good teams the Egals and Dallas in their own division while the 49ers only played the Pack who is also having troubles. Lions aint nothing no more and who are the Bills and Jets? Come on man your losing and think that our offense is like theose other teams. Stop your bull man damn.Right, the Giants played two good teams and lost due in part to the defense, that doesn't bother you, giving up huge scoring plays. Plays where guys where wide open. They have done this in all but one game this season. Green Bay is a good team still. Stop please. The Lions are better than any one of the three teams the Giants beat.

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Right, the Giants played two good teams and lost due in part to the defense, that doesn't other you, giving up huge scoring plays. Plays where guys where wide open. They have done this in all but one game this season. Green Bay is a good team still. Stop please. The Lions are better than any one of the three teams the Giants beat.I guess you are a 49er fan this weak then.

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 11:47 AM
I guess you are a 49er fan this weak then.Just because I see the 49ers as the favorite doesn't mean I'm rooting for them. Just have to face the facts. The facts are the Giants defense is not playing well and their coach has admitted it. The Giants do have a good offense but they don't just do whatever they want to when they want to with any team. You proved this point just before. You said they lost two games. What do those two team story played and lost o have in common? A good defense. Did the Giants do whatever they wanted to do on offense against those teams? No. So now they play maybe the best defense, or at least top 5 defense if that pleases you, in the league but according to you they are overrated for dominating some bad teams. Forget the fact they where a great defense last year and the Giants didn't rack up points on them last year.

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Just because I see the 49ers as the favorite doesn't mean I'm rooting for them. Just have to face the facts. The facts are the Giants defense is not playing well and their coach has admitted it. The Giants do have a good offense but they don't just do whatever they want to when they want to with any team. You proved this point just before. You said they lost two games. What do those two team story played and lost o have in common? A good defense. Did the Giants do whatever they wanted to do on offense against those teams? No. So now they play maybe the best defense, or at least top 5 defense if that pleases you, in the league but according to you they are overrated for dominating some bad teams. Forget the fact they where a great defense last year and the Giants didn't rack up points on them last year.Yes you are. You gots to cause I know you want to be right.

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Lol. So that's what this has come to?

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Lol. So that's what this has come to?Hey, I am calling them as I see it. Look, you are about to learn something when Giants score a lot of point on your favorite team the 49ers.

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 12:32 PM
Like they did last year right? You still can't tell me why they are overrated and the Giants underrated.

Diamondring
10-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Like they did last year right? You still can't tell me why they are overrated and the Giants underrated.I did. Who the 49ers played in the last two games? The Jets can't score hardly and the Bills don't have a lot of talent and are stupid that the Pats came back and beat their behind after a big lead. This is why the 49ers are over rated. As for the Giants, this happened before their defense had troubles then all of a sudden bam. They made stops and they could have beaten the Egals to be 4 and 1. This shows that they are underrrated.

Oh and by the way you post, you are not a Giants fan but a phony and is scared and know nothing about life. Giants have talent most teams don't have. They usualy don't draft cause of need. They needed O-line help but they drafted a back and wr in high rounds. Giants have good coaches and will figure it out and that is why I am not worried about our defense. The even prove to you that they didn't have to draft a O-linemen if you think they should get one.

Flip Empty
10-09-2012, 12:57 PM
I did. Who the 49ers played in the last two games? The Jets can't score hardly and the Bills don't have a lot of talent and are stupid that the Pats came back and beat their behind after a big lead. This is why the 49ers are over rated. As for the Giants, this happened before their defense had troubles then all of a sudden bam. They made stops and they could have beaten the Egals to be 4 and 1. This shows that they are underrrated.

You mention the Bills (who led the league in passing touchdowns prior to this week) and Jets, but not the Lions and Packers?

SuperNYGiants
10-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Now look, Eli and KG already proved you wrong about what they needed to do. Eli threw the ball a lot and Giants still had over 200 yards rushing and they didn't even have to establish the run to do it either.

Now you want to shut me up? Well I'm sorry but even if the Giants don't score 40 on the 49ers proves nothing cause I said I bet you they can, not bet you they will cause the coaches have their own gameplan. Yet I bet you the Giants can score a lot of points in the 30s. If not then I won't post for a whole week..
Err no, Gilbride is still pass-happy, it's not even debatable any longer.

Bradshaw alone had 200 yards running and you are claiming that is not establishing the run? That is the dumbest thing I've heard this week.

So now you think 40 points is not even realistic, too bad you don't have the balls to put money on it because I was about to make a lot of money off you.

Ok, if Giants score more than 30 points I won't post for a whole week.

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 01:07 PM
I did. Who the 49ers played in the last two games? The Jets can't score hardly and the Bills don't have a lot of talent and are stupid that the Pats came back and beat their behind after a big lead. This is why the 49ers are over rated. As for the Giants, this happened before their defense had troubles then all of a sudden bam. They made stops and they could have beaten the Egals to be 4 and 1. This shows that they are underrrated.Oh and by the way you post, you are not a Giants fan but a phony and is scared and know nothing about life. Giants have talent most teams don't have. They usualy don't draft cause of need. They needed O-line help but they drafted a back and wr in high rounds. Giants have good coaches and will figure it out and that is why I am not worried about our defense. The even prove to you that they didn't have to draft a O-linemen if you think they should get one.The Giants have not beaten a good team this year. That's a fact. They had to come from behind to beat two of the three losing record teams they played. They gave up huge scoring plays on defense in both of their losses as well. That makes them underrated? The 49ers have dominated their last two opponents and that makes tem overrated? By the way, even the Giants players have said hey can't afford to get behind against the 49ers like they did against the Browns. The defense made stops in the Eagles game? Really? Why did they lose then? Why didn't the high power offense put up 40? You said the Giants has a high powered offense and the defense made stops in the Eagles game. They should have won right?

bigjeep
10-09-2012, 01:09 PM
I bet they can.

Love your courage!

GiantRoc
10-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Our high scoring offense has even the backups good like Wilson and soon up and becoming Reuben. Giants only stop themselves.

This right here is the downfall to your argument. We can't score on every possession. And we do leave a lot of points on the field through mistakes, such as bad penalties and missed assignments. Our O-line is still suspect against a strong D-line which we will be facing. We struggle in the Green Zone. We settle for FGs too much. We score more on big plays, which top defenses tend not to give up. Thats why the D has to step up.

Look at our championships. All 4 of them were led by strong defenses. All 4 of them were won playing against great, even record setting offenses. With the exception of the Bill's, all had avg to weak defenses. And we barely beat the Bill's. Remember? You talked about the Packers. There's a team that blows your agrument out of the water again. A record setting O, until they ran into an great, (at the time) Giant's defense. We scored on big plays that came from, in many cases, blown coverages and missed tackles. (AKA bad defense). We had a battle in the NFCCG with San Fran. because both teams were playing great defenses.

GiantRoc
10-09-2012, 01:18 PM
to continue... We barely won that game. Thanks to a superhuman Eli that day. If we run into that kind of defense again, we have to have a strong defense to keep us close. We just don't have one so far this year. That is why I worry about our defense.

giantsforce
10-09-2012, 01:48 PM
So tell me the last time you saw a bad defense win the Super Bowl and I'm not talking about rankings? I'm talking about defenses that played through the playoffs. The Giants don't beat a high powered offense in the Super Bowl twice without defense.Yeap, a great defense even makes Trent Dilfert a SB winning QB! We had a great offense putting 40+ on the Vickings in the champiship game but....

Rudyy
10-09-2012, 01:52 PM
If Justin Tuck and the rest of them say they suck..they must suck.

BigBlue1971
10-09-2012, 02:02 PM
personally i think the defense (d-line) is purposely stalling at this point! they may break out this weekend but i do think they are not going all out and havent so far!

their bye week is 11, Osi and Tuck are a year older and its only game 6 coming up. JPP is balling cuz hes young and a beast.

they would never admit it but they are protecting themselves for the 2nd half.

Diamondring
10-21-2012, 07:18 PM
Our offense is still high scoring and it only stop itself. Yet long as we keep on scoring against these tough offenses, Giants defense should still be underrated.