PDA

View Full Version : I'm worried about Nicks

NYGFaninILL
10-09-2012, 01:31 AM
There still unsure if he will play Sunday. This injury scares me because it is the type of injuy that seems like it will get better in a week or two, and then the next thing you know it's week 8 and they're putting him on the IR. Does anybody know any information on Nicks?

Last I heard he went in for an MRI and TC neither confirmed nor denied the results.

Martyr
10-09-2012, 03:41 AM
He'll play

giantsfan420
10-09-2012, 04:12 AM
he has no structural damage to the knee. the swelling was due to not using it all week bc he was resting the corresponding foot injury and then going full bore on game day. knee wasnt ready for the impact on the turf, etc. and it swelled up.
he prob coulda played vs the browns imo but they wanted to give him as much time to rest that foot so it can heal as much as possible. we'll know on thur. if he plays bc thats the day of the week he practices for game day while his foot is still recovering

Captain Chaos
10-09-2012, 05:54 AM
If he can play this would be a good week to show up!

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Nicks is a tough player, but he is missing lots of time. I think that could also become an issue. Also, I'm not sold in his knee being just swollen. I don't think he is faking anything, but maybe the team is hiding something. Bennett played with a hyperextended knee the other day. I'd argue that right now he is almost as important to tis team as Nicks is. He is a tremendous blocker which helps the run game and keeps Eli safe. Even if Nicks does suit up it may be a bit much to expect him to pick up where he left off.

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 09:02 AM
His practice day is Thursday, so let's wait to see what happens.

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Nicks is a tough player, but he is missing lots of time. I think that could also become an issue. Also, I'm not sold in his knee being just swollen. I don't think he is faking anything, but maybe the team is hiding something. Bennett played with a hyperextended knee the other day. I'd argue that right now he is almost as important to tis team as Nicks is. He is a tremendous blocker which helps the run game and keeps Eli safe. Even if Nicks does suit up it may be a bit much to expect him to pick up where he left off. Why would the team hide something?

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 09:41 AM
Why would the team hide something?Not to let their opponent know what's going on.

DaKraken
10-09-2012, 09:48 AM
I think Hakeem shows up for this battle

GameTime
10-09-2012, 10:03 AM
he has no structural damage to the knee. the swelling was due to not using it all week bc he was resting the corresponding foot injury and then going full bore on game day. knee wasnt ready for the impact on the turf, etc. and it swelled up.
he prob coulda played vs the browns imo but they wanted to give him as much time to rest that foot so it can heal as much as possible. we'll know on thur. if he plays bc thats the day of the week he practices for game day while his foot is still recovering
I dont bye that reasoning at all. I have bad knee and play Sunday morning softball once a week and my knee doesnt swell to the point of being useless and I am almost 50. There is something wrong with Nick's knee that they are waiting on. My guess would be a meniscus issue. I say he is out again for this Sunday.

TuckandRolle
10-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Nicks won't play Sunday. Even Coughlin came on WFAN today and said although Nicks is anxious to play, he is week to week. I will be extremely surprised to see him on the field Sunday, based on what I've been told.

GameTime
10-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Nicks won't play Sunday. Even Coughlin came on WFAN today and said although Nicks is anxious to play, he is week to week. I will be extremely surprised to see him on the field Sunday, based on what I've been told.
agreed....
Of course Nicks is anxious to play. That has no bearing on whether or not he plays. IMO....he has some meniscus issue with his knee they are keeping an eye on.

miked1958
10-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Nicks won't play Sunday. Even Coughlin came on WFAN today and said although Nicks is anxious to play, he is week to week. I will be extremely surprised to see him on the field Sunday, based on what I've been told.What have you been told. and who told you. lol

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Not to let their opponent know what's going on. I don't think anyone will be surprised if he plays or doesn't

giantsfan420
10-09-2012, 11:03 AM
I dont bye that reasoning at all. I have bad knee and play Sunday morning softball once a week and my knee doesnt swell to the point of being useless and I am almost 50. There is something wrong with Nick's knee that they are waiting on. My guess would be a meniscus issue. I say he is out again for this Sunday.
ok...but thats what ralph v said was going on with nicks

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 11:08 AM
I dont bye that reasoning at all. I have bad knee and play Sunday morning softball once a week and my knee doesnt swell to the point of being useless and I am almost 50. There is something wrong with Nick's knee that they are waiting on. My guess would be a meniscus issue. I say he is out again for this Sunday. OLD FART!

fansince69
10-09-2012, 11:11 AM
In all honesty this whole thread is 100% speculation,,,because the ONLY people that know anything at all are Nicks...the medical staff and probably the coaching staff.....and unless someone from this board is a fly on the trainers wall........we know less than squat.....like RF said before...he usually practices on Thursday....then we might know more....but we probably won't know anything till its announced that he will or will not play

TuckandRolle
10-09-2012, 11:12 AM
What have you been told. and who told you. lol

http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?20464-Giants-Hakeem-out-vs.-Browns&highlight=nicks+browns

fansince69
10-09-2012, 11:14 AM
OLD FART!

Tough crowd...guess I won't talk about my age or my knee problems

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 11:16 AM
I have bad knee and play Sunday morning softball once a week and my knee doesnt swell to the point of being useless and I am almost 50. There is something wrong with Nick's knee that they are waiting on. My guess would be a meniscus issue. I say he is out again for this Sunday.I agree. That's what I mean by hiding something. They have other guys playing with injuries right now. Bennett was limping around all game.

jakegibbs
10-09-2012, 11:25 AM

+1 He's got a problem & they've been hiding it making other teams prepare for him possible playing. It's getting old if he needs a scope then I say scope it & get him back hopefully before playoffs & hope they can make the playoffs without him.

GameTime
10-09-2012, 11:27 AM
OLD FART!
you would know....lol

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 11:27 AM
+1 He's got a problem & they've been hiding it making other teams prepare for him possible playing. It's getting old if he needs a scope then I say scope it & get him back hopefully before playoffs & hope they can make the playoffs without him.Unfortunately I have to agree. Hope he proves us all wrong Sunday.

TuckandRolle
10-09-2012, 11:29 AM
There hasn't been any scope. For his injury R&R is the necessity. I'm hoping for Skins game, if not that then definitely back for the Boys down in Texas.

GameTime
10-09-2012, 11:31 AM
There hasn't been any scope. For his injury R&R is the necessity. I'm hoping for Skins game, if not that then definitely back for the Boys down in Texas.
thats why I thin kits a meniscus. That, as well as many other knee issues, can be "treated" with R&R. Whatever it is there is an issue that they are being vague about.

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Tough crowd...guess I won't talk about my age or my knee problems

LOL It's a thing he and I have

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 11:33 AM
you would know....lol

I'll bring my rocker to the next game so you can rest that knee

GameTime
10-09-2012, 11:34 AM
LOL It's a thing he and I have
oh now all of a sudden we have a thing...
I knew you liked me but come on Ro.....keep it on the down low....

GameTime
10-09-2012, 11:35 AM
I'll bring my rocker to the next game so you can rest that knee
maybe some ice and whisky too. That is my treatment protocall.....

Dwinsballgames
10-09-2012, 11:36 AM

Why don't you two get a room.... at the Shady Oaks Rest Home

repeatchamps
10-09-2012, 11:39 AM

:D

http://legacy.ybsitecenter.com/images/kop/var/111080/indexphp_siteheader.jpg

http://www.shady-oaks.net/forum/Themes/theme1/images/mytheme.jpg

Dwinsballgames
10-09-2012, 11:41 AM

holy crap, there really is one??? I just made that up.. BTY, which one is RF and which is GT?

repeatchamps
10-09-2012, 11:43 AM
holy crap, there really is one??? I just made that up.. BTY, which one is RO and which is GT?

Lol, check my reply again, there is another picture referencing Shady Oaks that I added, even funnier than that first one I posted.

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 11:43 AM
maybe some ice and whisky too. That is my treatment protocall..... Done

GameTime
10-09-2012, 11:44 AM

http://www.shady-oaks.net/forum/Themes/theme1/images/mytheme.jpg
now thats funny......lol
laughed so hard my teeth almost feel out and I think I crapped in my Depends.....lol

repeatchamps
10-09-2012, 11:45 AM
now thats funny......lol
laughed so hard my teeth almost feel out and I think I crapped in my Depends.....lol

ROFLMAO! This board is hilarity. I'd love to tailgate with you nutjobs one week. Fix that knee, straighten out the teeth and change the depends and meet me in the MetLife parking lot for the Skins game lol. I'll bring all the whiskey you want just to hang out with you guys lol.

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 12:43 PM

We prefer park benches

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 12:45 PM

Isn't it legal now>??????

BigBlue1971
10-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Nicks is a tough player, but he is missing lots of time. I think that could also become an issue. Also, I'm not sold in his knee being just swollen. I don't think he is faking anything, but maybe the team is hiding something. Bennett played with a hyperextended knee the other day. I'd argue that right now he is almost as important to tis team as Nicks is. He is a tremendous blocker which helps the run game and keeps Eli safe. Even if Nicks does suit up it may be a bit much to expect him to pick up where he left off.

i think they know exactly what the problems are but they are just taking their time with Nicks! i mean this is only the 6th game of the season and we need him.

if he was already done for 8-10 weeks or the season they wouldve said it! whats their point?

miked1958
10-09-2012, 03:36 PM
http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?20464-Giants-Hakeem-out-vs.-Browns&highlight=nicks+brownsthats nothing we didnt already know and it has nothing to do with the SF game. it was info in regard to the upcoming Browns game. now im not saying that i think he will play or not play. Dont have an opinion on it one way or the other. But from that Web Piece i dont see anything that indicates he will play or not play vs SF.

We will wait till Thursday like we always do and prob seeing him riding a stationary bike on the sidelines

GameTime
10-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Isn't it legal now>??????
anything is leagal as long as you dont get caught.....lol

GameTime
10-09-2012, 04:39 PM
ROFLMAO! This board is hilarity. I'd love to tailgate with you nutjobs one week. Fix that knee, straighten out the teeth and change the depends and meet me in the MetLife parking lot for the Skins game lol. I'll bring all the whiskey you want just to hang out with you guys lol.
next game for me is the Steelers......

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 04:39 PM
anything is leagal as long as you dont get caught.....lol

:p

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 04:40 PM

Mine is the last game, Eagles unless I get the urge earlier

repeatchamps
10-09-2012, 04:53 PM

Ok, I'll go to the Steelers game instead lol. Do you do any tailgating?

I want to go to the Saints game as well.

Mine is the last game, Eagles unless I get the urge earlier

I am probably not making Eagles this year unfortunately. Perhaps that would be a good omen because the last time I saw the Giants beat Philly at the Meadowlands was Osi's 6 sack game in '07. I went to the '08 playoff game, the '09 shootout when Eli fumbled when trying to run/slide at the end of the game, the Miracle at the Meadowlands part deux in 2010 and last year's disaster against Vince Young as well.

GameTime
10-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Ok, I'll go to the Steelers game instead lol. Do you do any tailgating?

I want to go to the Saints game as well.

I am probably not making Eagles this year unfortunately. Perhaps that would be a good omen because the last time I saw the Giants beat Philly at the Meadowlands was Osi's 6 sack game. I went to the '08 playoff game, the '09 shootout when Eli fumbled when trying to run/slide at the end of the game, the Miracle at the Meadowlands part deux in 2010 and last year's disaster against Vince Young as well.
oh yeah....I tailgate. 5 hours before the KO they open the gates. So I will be there at that time. Its a late game so figure 11AM arrival.

repeatchamps
10-09-2012, 06:01 PM
oh yeah....I tailgate. 5 hours before the KO they open the gates. So I will be there at that time. Its a late game so figure 11AM arrival.

Awesome! I hope to get tickets to that game and maybe I'll find ya in the parking lot and throw back a few with ya. Time to switch the Avatar btw. ;)

GameTime
10-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Awesome! I hope to get tickets to that game and maybe I'll find ya in the parking lot and throw back a few with ya. Time to switch the Avatar btw. ;)
cool. If you get tix PM before that game and we will exchange info.....

giantsfan420
10-09-2012, 06:18 PM
well bradshaw said nicks hinted to him that he'll play vs SF. and he also said that when nicks comes back it will be at 100% bc the team doesnt want a "week in week out" situation. that might xplain why he's missed some games when saying he'd def go.

i bet he plays vs sf and that he'll look very good

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 06:22 PM
well bradshaw said nicks hinted to him that he'll play vs SF. and he also said that when nicks comes back it will be at 100% bc the team doesnt want a "week in week out" situation. that might xplain why he's missed some games when saying he'd def go.

i bet he plays vs sf and that he'll look very good

I think we'll have a better idea if Nicks practices tomorrow

giantsfan420
10-09-2012, 06:35 PM
I think we'll have a better idea if Nicks practices tomorrow

agreed
i thought he practices on thursdays? if he doesnt practice tmrw, that wouldnt really signal to me one way or the other however if he does practice tmrw, i'd say we could feel confident he'll play