PDA

View Full Version : For Y'all That Hate On Bradshaw

NYGfanNC
10-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Give the man some credit. He's been a valuable running back for us for TWO SB runs. He was even a starter during one. People make the mistake of looking at a RB's rushing stats and determining if their good or not. AB is the BEST blocking RB in the league. He's a good reason why Eli has so much time to throw. He might not get those big runs anymore but he's running on bum feet with screws in them. He's tough as nails. I'd take Bradshaw over any RB in the league. Rarely do you see AB get tackled and go backwards. He's the toughest RB in the league and if he had a great OL like the Texans or the 49ers, maybe he'd put up the rushing stats like Gore and Foster, who knows? I still think we have a good OL, and their only going to get better, not hating on them. Just my 2 cents. Last thing. Vote for AB! GO GIANTS! ALL IN!

http://www.nfl.com/voting/players-air-and-ground/2012/REG/5?module=HP11_content_stream_voting_fedex

slipknottin
10-09-2012, 08:28 AM
Youd take Bradshaw over any HB in the league? Really?

RagTime Blue
10-09-2012, 08:33 AM
When you don't play well, people "hate".

NYGfanNC
10-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Youd take Bradshaw over any HB in the league? Really?

Fits our system well, good pass blocker, can catch passes out of the back field. Plus, his toughness is what I love the most about him and I think that's irreplaceable

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Fits our system well, good pass blocker, can catch passes out of the back field. Plus, his toughness is what I love the most about him and I think that's irreplaceable No one is irreplaceable

gumby74
10-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Who's been hating on Bradshaw? He wasn't running well. And hasn't for quite some time. Brown comes in and does well. Brown gets some fans. I haven't seen hate anywhere.

giantsfam04
10-09-2012, 09:04 AM
I have seen so posts about how Bradshaw sucks, bench him or cut him.

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 09:08 AM
I have seen so posts about how Bradshaw sucks, bench him or cut him. Didn't he just have a 200 yard game?

Rat_bastich
10-09-2012, 09:14 AM
Until the Cleveland game, this season what has he done? Everyone was right in questioning him. Don't pretend you knew he was going to bust out 200 yards. Hopefully this is the norm for him and not an exception.

Ruttiger711
10-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Until the Cleveland game, this season what has he done? Everyone was right in questioning him. Don't pretend you knew he was going to bust out 200 yards. Hopefully this is the norm for him and not an exception.

Do you think he played poorly against Dallas?

And I hope you're not expecting a 200 yd performance as the norm - he any every RB playing today will only let you down.

Redeyejedi
10-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Do you think he played poorly against Dallas?

And I hope you're not expecting a 200 yd performance as the norm - he any every RB playing today will only let you down.Yes he played poorly against Dallas he had 1 run when Dallas was in Pass defense mode that made his numbers look good

JB456
10-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Give the man some credit. He's been a valuable running back for us for TWO SB runs. He was even a starter during one. People make the mistake of looking at a RB's rushing stats and determining if their good or not. AB is the BEST blocking RB in the league. He's a good reason why Eli has so much time to throw. He might not get those big runs anymore but he's running on bum feet with screws in them. He's tough as nails. I'd take Bradshaw over any RB in the league. Rarely do you see AB get tackled and go backwards. He's the toughest RB in the league and if he had a great OL like the Texans or the 49ers, maybe he'd put up the rushing stats like Gore and Foster, who knows? I still think we have a good OL, and their only going to get better, not hating on them. Just my 2 cents. Last thing. Vote for AB! GO GIANTS! ALL IN!

http://www.nfl.com/voting/players-air-and-ground/2012/REG/5?module=HP11_content_stream_voting_fedex

Its great that you has respect for Bradshaw and all and any true Giants fan knows what he has brough to the table but you must be the biggest homer on these boards. You would take Bradshaw over any RB in the league? He had a decent 2011 season and started 2012 poorly, excluding the Browns game. Lets see some consistentcy and I don't even think he is in the top 10.

If members of this board jump on people who say Eli is the top QB in the league, this statement should be curbstomped.

Dwinsballgames
10-09-2012, 10:53 AM

I have no problem with AB. BTW NYG, we're in NY/NJ here, so knock off the y'all. everyone knows it's "for all yous" that hate on bradshaw;)

nycisgreat
10-09-2012, 10:59 AM
When you don't play well, people "hate".

Yep, it comes with the teritory. Tom Coughlin is heading to Canton when he done, but all of the bad rap he has gotten since he has been in New York could make anyone think otherwise. We just won a superbowl and some people are already grumbling about him.

Toadofsteel
10-09-2012, 10:59 AM
I have no problem with AB. BTW NYG, we're in NY/NJ here, so knock off the y'all. everyone knows it's "for all yous" that hate on bradshaw;)

"For all yez"...

I didn't hate on Bradshaw, I just wanted to see Brown get more snaps than he was getting. Now he's got a concussion, so that's doubtful.

I will say this: Bradshaw should open up every game with a fumble. If that's what it takes for him to get really angry and go Incredible Hulk on us, then do it...

fansince69
10-09-2012, 11:04 AM
No one is irreplaceable

you are!!what would these boards be without you keeping us informed?

repeatchamps
10-09-2012, 11:05 AM
"For all yez"...

I didn't hate on Bradshaw, I just wanted to see Brown get more snaps than he was getting. Now he's got a concussion, so that's doubtful.

I will say this: Bradshaw should open up every game with a fumble. If that's what it takes for him to get really angry and go Incredible Hulk on us, then do it...

Bradshaw didn't need the fumble to get angry, he actually was already running angry on that first run. You can see from the get go he was determined to play like a hulk. He even lead the pre-kickoff "get them fired up" huddle. It was shown right before kickoff on CBS.

GMAN2K9
10-09-2012, 11:06 AM
No one is irreplaceable

Eli Manning

Toadofsteel
10-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Bradshaw didn't need the fumble to get angry, he actually was already running angry on that first run. You can see from the get go he was determined to play like a hulk. He even lead the pre-kickoff "get them fired up" huddle. It was shown right before kickoff on CBS.

Then why doesn't he play angry all the time? It obviously makes him a better runner... I'm not expecting 200 yards rushing, or even 100. I just want a defense to respect his run, so we can run it when we want to and set up some play action in the process.

repeatchamps
10-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Then why doesn't he play angry all the time? It obviously makes him a better runner...

I have no answer for that. He did miss most of the Tampa game and all of the Panthers game before coming back against Philly so you have to factor in the missed time for playing a role in his poor performance at the Linc. Can't get on him too much for the Dallas game, the O-line was terrible. I was at the stadium for that game and watched the O-line not blocking all game long and Bradshaw had nowhere to run 95% of the time.

Let's see how things go going forward starting this week before we say he is not playing hard or angry like he should.

NYGfanNC
10-09-2012, 11:48 AM
I have seen so posts about how Bradshaw sucks, bench him or cut him.

didn't say people were saying that. during the gameday thread after he fumbles all i saw was he sucks wheres brown in wilson blah blah blah

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 11:50 AM

Unless you live in Pittsburgh and then it's "youns"

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 11:52 AM
didn't say people were saying that. during the gameday thread after he fumbles all i saw was he sucks wheres brown in wilson blah blah blah

The Game Day thread is a strange place, even for the Boards. Some posters, in the throws of the usual emotional roller coaster just come unhinged.

GMENAGAIN
10-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Patience is a virtue that is in short supply on this MB . . . . .

JB456
10-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Patience is a virtue that is in short supply on this MB . . . . .

Weren't the Giants ranked dead last in rushing last year and didn't the Giants run game start of slowly this year? Going from a top ranked rushing team to a bottom ranked team over 19 regular season games is a long time. Most of us understand that the offensive lins has its share of the responsibility but patience is running thin my friend.

I like Bradshaw. He gives everything he has on every run but you cannot discount his history of injury, he has screws in both feet for goodness sake, and you will not be able to convince me that he should be should be taking 90-95% of the snaps game in and game out. He will be worn out and injured before the last quarter of the season.

Ruttiger711
10-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Weren't the Giants ranked dead last in rushing last year and didn't the Giants run game start of slowly this year? Going from a top ranked rushing team to a bottom ranked team over 19 regular season games is a long time. Most of us understand that the offensive lins has its share of the responsibility but patience is running thin my friend.

I like Bradshaw. He gives everything he has on every run but you cannot discount his history of injury, he has screws in both feet for goodness sake, and you will not be able to convince me that he should be should be taking 90-95% of the snaps game in and game out. He will be worn out and injured before the last quarter of the season.

I can't recall a single post (not that it doesnt exist somewhere) saying that Bradshaw should have 90% or thereabouts of the snaps. To me, the point of contention was based on Brown's great but limited performance, it had to mean that Bradshaw sucked, was done, had bad wheels, lost his sprit because he got paid and should AT BEST be reduced to a 3rd down back.

BigBlue1971
10-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Bradshaw is a good back for us its just that although he runs tough hes inconsistent at times. maybe its to the o-lines credit or discredit that he is inconsistent!

hopefully his play Sunday propels him to eliteness for the remainder of the year!

ive never had any hate for AB because of his play. i only root him on at all times!

GiantRoc
10-09-2012, 12:49 PM
I say AB is a good back who had a great game against a weak team. I'm not convinced. Now let's hope he proves me wrong week after week from now on. Crow wouldn't be that bad with a little hot sauce.

JB456
10-09-2012, 01:02 PM
I can't recall a single post (not that it doesnt exist somewhere) saying that Bradshaw should have 90% or thereabouts of the snaps. To me, the point of contention was based on Brown's great but limited performance, it had to mean that Bradshaw sucked, was done, had bad wheels, lost his sprit because he got paid and should AT BEST be reduced to a 3rd down back.

I didn't see anyone say that Bradshaw should have 90% of the snaps either but that is about the percentage of snaps he has been involved in. Even though i was routing for Bradshaw to get his 200 yard game last week, I kept on telling my brother that it was a terrible decision to keep running him considering his past injuries. It was like there wasn't any thought of the future.

As I said previously, I like Bradshaw but I absolutely hate seeing him being utilized so much.

Eliscruzzz
10-09-2012, 01:07 PM
I don't know who is hating on Bradshaw. I just think people want to see Wilson more involved with the offense because he is such a weapon. At some point he is going to have to have real playing time to learn how to pass protect. There is only so much you can do in practice.

Redeyejedi
10-09-2012, 01:26 PM
My problem with Bradshaw is he wasnt following his blocks, cutting back way to much and timing his runs poorly anybody that watched the games could see it. Carl Banks after the game talked about how Bradshaw changed how he ran from the first 2 weeks.He trusted the blocks instead of trying to create every time and guess what he was much more effective.

Ruttiger711
10-09-2012, 02:03 PM
I didn't see anyone say that Bradshaw should have 90% of the snaps either but that is about the percentage of snaps he has been involved in. Even though i was routing for Bradshaw to get his 200 yard game last week, I kept on telling my brother that it was a terrible decision to keep running him considering his past injuries. It was like there wasn't any thought of the future.

As I said previously, I like Bradshaw but I absolutely hate seeing him being utilized so much.

I didnt see any update but I'm hoping Brown isn't ruled out for the 9er game.... I'm all for an equal share of the RB load.

BurnerNYG
10-09-2012, 02:07 PM
"For those who hate on Bradshaw" would've been a much better title. Ijs

nycsportzfan
10-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Conveinent time for this thread..lol

burier
10-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Fits our system well, good pass blocker, can catch passes out of the back field. Plus, his toughness is what I love the most about him and I think that's irreplaceable

thats all fine and good but you don't make sense. There are other backs who do/possess the same qualities you listed but in grander proportions. I love Bradshaw as much as the next guy but all things considered he's not even a top 10 tailback anymore.

BillTheGreek
10-10-2012, 12:00 PM

Well Said ! I just want to say one thing ,he has no luck running through the center of the line, just let him run the same as he did against the Browns.......I know that the 49'ers D are going to be gunning for him.............. But let's see what he can do ! GO " 44 "