PDA

View Full Version : Niners' Jim Harbaugh concerned about Alex Smith's sprained finger

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 12:04 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/49ers_jim_harbaugh_concerned_a.html#incart_river

Excerpt: "It's Tuesday, which means the Giants won't practice today, but preparations are well underway for what will be their stiffest test this season. The 49ers have a blemish on their 4-1 record, but they are perhaps currently playing the best football in the league. San Francisco is coming off wins over the Jets and Bills by a combined score of 79-3.

The offense, with the additions of former Giant Mario Manningham and Randy Moss on the outside, has improved substantially since the Giants last faced them in last season's NFC Championship Game. Last week against the Bills, they accumulated 621 yards of total offense. In addition to Manningham, running back Brandon Jacobs may return from a knee injury he suffered in the preseason to take on his former team.

Then there's the stout, physical 49ers defense, which boasts perhaps the league's best front seven and sacked Eli Manning six times in the NFC title game in January.

We'll get into some storylines from out in the Bay Area in this space today and for the rest of the week." Read more...

EnragedYouth85
10-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Man oh man I can't wait for this game. It's time for our team to prove they belong with the leagues best teams! Let's do this!

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Don't be surprised if this isn't just a little bit of psychological warfare

MattMeyerBud
10-09-2012, 12:26 PM

exactly what iw as thinking

but still, no better game for our DLine to have a coming out party on the year than this one right here

DaKraken
10-09-2012, 12:28 PM
total smokescreen

EnragedYouth85
10-09-2012, 12:30 PM

but still, no better game for our DLine to have a coming out party on the year than this one right here

Agreed! We need our Dline to bring the heat!

SuperNYGiants
10-09-2012, 12:47 PM
If the Vikings can whoop 49ers, so can Giants, that's how I rationalize our chances.

barran21
10-09-2012, 12:48 PM

This..... he's probably lol behind the scenes...

Eliscruzzz
10-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Yeah okkkkkkkkkkkk Harbaugh way to keep our coaching staff on their tippy toes. Tell you the truth I think the 49ers are better with Capernick.

Toadofsteel
10-09-2012, 01:05 PM
I agree with they psychological tactic theories... forcing our team to practice for both Smith and Kaepernick...

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 01:12 PM

HEY,. where you been?

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Agreed! We need our Dline to bring the heat!

I'd be happy if they just bring the contain :)

EnragedYouth85
10-09-2012, 01:16 PM
I'd be happy if they just bring the contain :)

Yeah bring something! I don't even want sacks.. just pressure and hits on the QB. Some passes knocked down and not letting smith run for 20 yards would be amazing!

hungrrrry
10-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Disinformation tactic....I don't believe any of it!

TheEnigma
10-09-2012, 02:36 PM
If this is a tactic by Harbaugh to make us practice for both QB's, it's pretty pointless since we have to do that anyway. The 49ers have a few plays drawn up for Caepernick, particularly option plays. Mad respect to the physicality of their OL but a decent amount of their running yards can be attributed to trickery.

Morehead State
10-09-2012, 02:38 PM
If this is a tactic by Harbaugh to make us practice for both QB's, it's pretty pointless since we have to do that anyway. The 49ers have a few plays drawn up for Caepernick, particularly option plays. Mad respect to the physicality of their OL but a decent amount of their running yards can be attributed to trickery.
Too bad for us that our defense is easily tricked.

TheEnigma
10-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Too bad for us that our defense is easily tricked.

We did fine against the Panthers. This defense actually seems pretty level-headed against those kinds of plays as long as it isn't a division rival. Why they let themselves fall for it against the Eagles baffles me.

Morehead State
10-09-2012, 02:49 PM
We did fine against the Panthers. This defense actually seems pretty level-headed against those kinds of plays as long as it isn't a division rival. Why they let themselves fall for it against the Eagles baffles me.
Osi is a nightmare on misdirection.

TheEnigma
10-09-2012, 02:55 PM

Unfortunately. This 49ers game is one where I hope we don't see too much of Osi. He doesn't really match up well with these kinds of tackles or even the run blocking TEs they feature.

Morehead State
10-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Unfortunately. This 49ers game is one where I hope we don't see too much of Osi. He doesn't really match up well with these kinds of tackles or even the run blcoking TEs they feature.
The only time Osi matches up with anyone is when he has only to pin his ears back and speed rush the QB. Other than that, he is a liability.

miked1958
10-09-2012, 03:02 PM
I could care less which qb plays. at this point it wont matter if Grandmom Moses is back there she will pick us apart because we get absolutely no Pressure on the quarterback.

Until we can get some type of pass rush to at least disturb Smith or whoever we will get LIT up. We have a weak secondary to start with and not getting to the QB is making it that much harder on that Depleted group

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 03:04 PM

I think I may have dated her in high school :rolleyes:

TheEnigma
10-09-2012, 03:13 PM
The only time Osi matches up with anyone is when he has only to pin his ears back and speed rush the QB. Other than that, he is a liability.

I just don't see how he returns to the Giants next season. Some other team (Titans or Raiders) will be desperate enough to pay him a decent chunk of money to be a full-time starter. It's probably time we draft ourselves another DE early on.

Morehead State
10-09-2012, 03:18 PM
I just don't see how he returns to the Giants next season. Some other team (Titans or Raiders) will be desperate enough to pay him a decent chunk of money to be a full-time starter. It's probably time we draft ourselves another DE early on.
He's a situational player and no longer a complete DE. (Honestly...he never really was a complete DE)
I think you are right about this being his last season. A team that is desperate for a pass rusher will probably overpay for him next season.
I think I hear Rex calling....

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 03:21 PM
He's a situational player and no longer a complete DE. (Honestly...he never really was a complete DE)
I think you are right about this being his last season. A team that is desperate for a pass rusher will probably overpay for him next season.

Doesn't he actually have to rush a passer to qualify?

TheEnigma
10-09-2012, 03:35 PM

If Rex survives. Though odds are that they will just end up blaming Sanchez or the Oline for their lack of success. I don't see any serious contenders wanting to give him serious cash because of his current abilities and "me first" attitude. Whether you agree or not about his attitude, that seems to be the perception about Osi in public.

Doesn't he actually have to rush a passer to qualify?

Nothing but net on that shot RF.