PDA

View Full Version : John Clayton

GiantsYanks
10-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Not that I put much weight into the power rankings but does this guy have some sort of grudge against us? I remember him picking against them in the playoffs and now his power rankings he continually puts them way below the other voters. This week he has them at 14? I mean really? Like Skip Bayless and his Cowboys connection was this guy a beat writer for another divisional team prior?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/77512/nfl-power-rankings-how-they-voted-23

GMENAGAIN
10-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Not that I put much weight into the power rankings but does this guy have some sort of grudge against us? I remember him picking against them in the playoffs and now his power rankings he continually puts them way below the other voters. This week he has them at 14? I mean really? Like Skip Bayless and his Cowboys connection was this guy a beat writer for another divisional team prior?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/77512/nfl-power-rankings-how-they-voted-23

Who gives a **** what that little nerd thinks?

GiantsYanks
10-09-2012, 01:12 PM

I agreer just curious though.. he consistently hates on them. Last week I think he had them at 13.

Fharcyde
John Clayton is a tool. He's definitely one of the media experts that has some sort of bias against the Giants.

Flip Empty
Born in Pittsburgh; covered the Steelers and Seahawks, according to his wiki.

SackingMyths
10-09-2012, 01:14 PM
He's an annoying little twerp. And yes, in a panel of "experts," he ALWAYS will have us ranked the lowest. It's so consistent it's tough not to notice...

EnragedYouth85
10-09-2012, 01:20 PM
The guy is a tool and he writes for BSPN.. enough said.

thomsoad
10-09-2012, 01:23 PM
He's an annoying little twerp. And yes, in a panel of "experts," he ALWAYS will have us ranked the lowest. It's so consistent it's tough not to notice...

I honestly dont care about what they think...but I do read them and yes; Clayton always has the Giants the lowest out of the panelist.
Personally i like the guy doing it for the NFC EAST this year.
He seems to always have the Giants the highest and admitted he is doing it cuz he got BURNED last year by this team.
He had to eat a lot of crow and for his credit he admits it and accepts it.
To many analysts get burned and dont ever bring it up again or blow it off.
Who is that NY radio personality who said he would quit if Giants won the SB?
Im guessing he is still on the air... what a freakin wuss.

BigBlue1971
10-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Clayton is a moron and has always been one! hes never liked the Giants and confirms that with his predictions!

during the division and superbowl run last year he didnt pick us one time!

im so happy we S him TFU and everyone else for that matter!

Flip Empty
10-09-2012, 01:31 PM
I actually laughed when I saw his ranking, I thought the OP was exaggerating.

TheAnalyst
10-09-2012, 01:31 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxveBbRD7dvmPMd2OsjcvL8u2c1t4G7 KlN3f4wVcnZCgoY3NQc

Rat_bastich
10-09-2012, 01:32 PM
If anyone on ESPN has hate it is Jaworski. I don't know if it is his Eagle's background or just him but he 99% of the time never give any credit to the Giants for anything. But, as said before their opinions don't mean a whole lot. I still am glad they broke the nerd trio of Jaworski, Hogge and Kolber apart though. The goofy laughs, the constant increase in volume and the "I watched the tape" from Hogge and Jaworski used to make me vomit.

GiantRoc
10-09-2012, 01:35 PM
The lower we are ranked, the better we seem to play. He's a secret Giant fan. Thank you Mr. Clayton. Keep up the "good" work.

jimsgints
10-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Believe it or not but these guys like Clayton really do take their job seriously. So, when they get burned as Clayton has, and when he gets reminded of it all the time like I'm sure he does, the hatred stays deep and it comes out when he gives his opinion about the Giants. Imagine you're at work and your coworker keeps showing you up and rubbing it in your face, well that's how Clayton feels all the time. Personnaly, I thinks it's funny and as long as he keeps his hatred up then I know he still burns.. As others do.

TuckandRolle
10-09-2012, 01:36 PM
ESPN hates the New York Giants, if you haven't caught on now you never will. Stephen A is our only supporter.

DaKraken
10-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Last I checked John Clayton and the ESPN rankings didn't get you into the playoffs....

SackingMyths
10-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Who is that NY radio personality who said he would quit if Giants won the SB?
Im guessing he is still on the air... what a freakin wuss.

Lol. Craig Carton. He's a Jests fan, so you know his grasp on reality is minimal, at best. I remember driving home from a SB party the morning after and Carl Banks was straight up calling Carton out for not making good on his promise to quit WFAN. Clayton...Carton...2 tools in a shed, far as I'm concerned.

But yeah, if i pay any attention to ESPN's work, it's also on the NFC East site, where Dan Graziano does a nice job. That's actually where I see the power rankings each week, where even Dan is quick to point out that Clayton's not feelin' the Giants (...as usual)

As always with them, gotta take it with a grain of salt.

PBTimmons
10-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Sorry to be a realist...but our Giants have only beaten 3 teams. Browns, Bucs, and Panthers...who have a combined record of 2-12. So I'm going to go ahead and agree with him at 14.

Explain to me why not?

Eliscruzzz
10-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Biggest loser on ESPN if we went 11-0 from here he would have us ranked15 to 18. He's a little punk. I turn of the television everytime he's on. Tom Jackson always supports the Giants and I take his view on us better then Clayton.

Rudyy
10-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Sorry to be a realist...but our Giants have only beaten 3 teams. Browns, Bucs, and Panthers...who have a combined record of 2-13. So I'm going to go ahead and agree with him at 14.

Explain to me why not? Honestly, that's a good point but it still wouldn't matter if we played good teams.

Eliscruzzz
10-09-2012, 01:54 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxveBbRD7dvmPMd2OsjcvL8u2c1t4G7 KlN3f4wVcnZCgoY3NQcTell me you don't feel like punching the T.V. when you see this guys face along with Skip Bayless.

Flip Empty
10-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Sorry to be a realist...but our Giants have only beaten 3 teams. Browns, Bucs, and Panthers...who have a combined record of 2-12. So I'm going to go ahead and agree with him at 14.

Explain to me why not?
Sheer offensive production. They're severely banged up yet still piling on the points with 3rd and 4th stringers.

TheEnigma
10-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Tell me you don't feel like punching the T.V. when you see this guys face along with Skip Bayless.

Skip Bayless is hilarious. Once you realize it's just his job to be a controversial troll, it's like watching a comedian covering sports.

Eliscruzzz
10-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Skip Bayless is hilarious. Once you realize it's just his job to be a controversial troll, it's like watching a comedian covering sports.True he is a troll but when he starts calling Eli rainman that's when I just can't take it. I mean the level of disrespect a 2 time SB champ gets is ridiculous. But when he is not talking about the Giants, I love the show.

GiantRoc
10-09-2012, 03:48 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxveBbRD7dvmPMd2OsjcvL8u2c1t4G7 KlN3f4wVcnZCgoY3NQc

Emm kaayyy?

FlipU4Real
10-09-2012, 04:14 PM
John Clayton amazes me every time I see him on TV with how ugly he is. And I see him on TV alot!

joemorrisforprez
10-09-2012, 05:01 PM
When I think of Football, the first person that comes to mind is John Clayton.

After that, it's guys like Lawrence Taylor, Vince Lombardi, Walter Payton, etc.

But definitely, John Clayton is THE MAN.

If he says 14.....then it's 14 for me, too.

Seriously, though......I'm thinking they are closer to 7 than 14.....but if that pass rush doesn't show up, it's going to be hard to argue with the ranking.

jomo
10-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Bill Parcells never said "you are what John Clayton says you are."

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Looked about right to me. The Giants have beaten nobody and had to come from behind to beat two bad teams. Does this matter anyway?

Eliscruzzz
10-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Looked about right to me. The Giants have beaten nobody and had to come from behind to beat two bad teams. Does this matter anyway?Ok course it does. Do you really think the Giants are the 14th best team???? That is pathetic.

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 05:20 PM
So who in his top 13 are the Giants CLEARLY better than?

BlueBlooded1979
10-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Most of BSPN is horrible. Most of them don't understand football as a team game and want to obsess over individual players. More articles about sCam Newton (1-4) every week than his classmate Ponder (4-1). I can't watch baseball or basketball but they seem to focus more on those sports better.

The NFC East guy Graziano is horrible. He is an out and out Eagles fan and reading his work is painful.

Eliscruzzz
10-09-2012, 05:33 PM
So who in his top 13 are the Giants CLEARLY better than?OK Buddy so Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Dallas, Chicago, Eagles, Cincy, Arizona, Seattle, and the Ravens are all ahead of the Giants???? that is a bunch of crap. You do know we have 1game against Philly and Dallas to beat them. just because some of these teams have better records doesn't mean they are better. How you can say any of these teams are "CLEARLY" better is beyond me. I could see 7,8, or even 10th but 14th c'mon.

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 05:36 PM
So tell me why any of those teams are not worthy of a higher ranking than the Giants?

PBTimmons
10-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Lets beat someone before we get all huffy puffy about John Clayton and his analysis.

burier
10-09-2012, 05:42 PM
We don't exactly look like a powerhouse right now so...

thomsoad
10-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Bill Parcells never said "you are what John Clayton says you are."
LOL!!
That was some funny s*** right there! :D

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Fine, you want to swap out Seattle and the Bengals they are 12. Does that make everyone happy? Should they be above the two teams that beat them? Should they be ahead of any undefeated teams? Should they be ahead of any 1 loss teams? Now let's look at strength of schedule. The Giants have beaten three teams that are a combined 2-12 and had to come from behind to beat two of them. Now if they win this week they will move up everyone's list for sure. As of now I think that 14 is not that far off.

Eliscruzzz
10-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Fine, you want to swap out Seattle and the Bengals they are 12. Does that make everyone happy? Should they be above the two teams that beat them? Should they be ahead of any undefeated teams? Should they be ahead of any 1 loss teams? Now let's look at strength of schedule. The Giants have beaten three teams that are a combined 2-12 and had to come from behind to beat two of them. Now if they win this week they will move up everyone's list for sure. As of now I think that 14 is not that far off.Buddy my point is what has those teams done better then the Giants???? Can you answer that???? Hell they might as well put the Giants at 32 cause they have done nothing yet.....right??I'm not even going to waste my time with your negative BS. and John Clayton's hatred for the Giants must run deep seeming how the others had us ranked at 7 you don't find that a little weird.

TheEnigma
10-09-2012, 05:58 PM
OK Buddy so Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Dallas, Chicago, Eagles, Cincy, Arizona, Seattle, and the Ravens are all ahead of the Giants???? that is a bunch of crap. You do know we have 1game against Philly and Dallas to beat them. just because some of these teams have better records doesn't mean they are better. How you can say any of these teams are "CLEARLY" better is beyond me. I could see 7,8, or even 10th but 14th c'mon.

Here's how I guess he (Clayton) possibly sees things

Steelers - Beat better teams (Eagles)

Vikings - Better record, beat better teams (49ers)

Cowboys - Beat us

Bears - Better record, beat better teams (Cowboys)

Eagles - Beat us, beat better teams (Ravens)

Bengals - Not sure what he sees with this one honestly

Cardinals - Better record, beat better teams (Eagles). Probably not going to last much longer.

Seahawks - Beat better teams (Cowboys, Packers)

Ravens - Better record, beat better teams (Patriots)

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 06:01 PM
What have they done better than the Giants? Well two of those teams beat them, some of those teams have yet to lose, some only have one loss, and some have played better teams. So I'll ask you again. What have the Giants done that says they are CLEARLY better than any one of those 13 ranked higher on a meaningless list?

JesseJames
10-09-2012, 06:03 PM
John Clayton is a Gollum look alike

giantsfan420
10-09-2012, 06:07 PM

i love this type of response (and not surprisingly its usually always from this poster)...we get it. YOU don't give a ****...don't you think that the OP might, seeing as how he created a thread and explained himself?

i am guilty of this myself as well, so Im not trying to sound like an ***, but too often people here put down another solely bc of a difference in thinking.

I actually dont mind Clayton. He laughs at himself and seems like a good sport bc he takes a ton of crap from people he even works with lol. but yeah, he has us at 14, the next lowest rank was 7, so I'd say he's a tad off

sharick88
10-09-2012, 06:09 PM

Why do you give this ******bag the time of day? LET IT GO!!!!!

burier
10-09-2012, 06:09 PM
you guy complain about other people's opinions like its your job.

BeatYale
10-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Strahan use to steal his lunch money.

sc_markt
10-09-2012, 06:29 PM

I like it when the Giants don't get any media respect (as long as they're winning and making the media look like asses...)

jomo
10-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Here's how I guess he (Clayton) possibly sees things

Steelers - Beat better teams (Eagles)

Vikings - Better record, beat better teams (49ers)

Cowboys - Beat us

Bears - Better record, beat better teams (Cowboys)

Eagles - Beat us, beat better teams (Ravens)

Bengals - Not sure what he sees with this one honestly

Cardinals - Better record, beat better teams (Eagles). Probably not going to last much longer.

Seahawks - Beat better teams (Cowboys, Packers)

Ravens - Better record, beat better teams (Patriots)Clayton's a freakin' genius I'm telling you.