PDA

View Full Version : Giants: Ahmad Bradshaw says Hakeem Nicks gave "hint" that he will play Sunday

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Giants: Ahmad Bradshaw says Hakeem Nicks gave "hint" that he will play Sunday

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/giants_ahmad_bradshaw_says_hak.html

Excerpt: "Hakeem Nicks has missed the Giants' last three games with a combination of ailments. First, there's the pain in his surgically repaired right foot. Later, a knee injury he suffered win Week 2 against the Buccaneers caused swelling when he returned to practice.

Monday, Tom Coughlin said he wasn't ready to answer whether Nicks would practice this week. But at least one teammate believes the star wide receiver will be back in uniform in time for a highly anticipated matchup against the 49ers Sunday.

"I think he'll be here this week," Ahmad Bradshaw said in an interview on ESPN Radio this afternoon. "He seemed to give me a hint that he would be." Read more...

CowboysSuck
10-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Not sure what to make of this. But if he comes back that would be HUGE. HUGE, I mean Eli would look better than he has already looked the past 3 games. Could you imagine?

GMan-67
10-09-2012, 03:32 PM
did the hint happen to include a picture of a not swollen knee

Nicks is gonna recover and still have a big season even with the time missed

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Not sure what to make of this. But if he comes back that would be HUGE. HUGE, I mean Eli would look better than he has already looked the past 3 games. Could you imagine?

Do you always look for an ulterior motive?

thomsoad
10-09-2012, 03:48 PM

Make NOTHING out of this...this means squat. Its all hearsay and even IF true...Nicks cant decide when he will come back anyways.
This is an absolute non story IMO.

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 03:54 PM
I'll believe it when I see him suited up on the side line. Until then I think he sits this one out.

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 04:08 PM
I'll believe it when I see him suited up on the side line. Until then I think he sits this one out.

Only time will tell, he is third on the newly released detph chart

Denaliman316
10-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Nicks is soft but it's not his fault, The Giants are soft on their players. I understand they want to play it safe but they are to safe in my opinion.Other teams let their players risk it if they want to. I mean Logan Mankins played a whole season with a torn ACL.

Lack of Nicks was the reason we lost to Philly in my opinion. Just use him as a decoy.

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 04:20 PM
What does "soft" really mean?

Buddy333
10-09-2012, 04:28 PM
What does "soft" really mean?Yeah I don't get that either. Now if someone said injury prone unfortunately he is that. Soft? I think it's because of his physical style of play he ends up getting these injuries.

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Yeah I don't get that either. Now if someone said injury prone unfortunately he is that. Soft? I think it's because of his physical style of play he ends up getting these injuries.

He played on a bad foot and then the knee issue arose. It's a violent sport, players get hurt, and sometimes they have to take time off to heal up. I don'[t see anything unusual in Nicks' situation

thomsoad
10-09-2012, 04:56 PM
What does "soft" really mean?
Your gonna have to ask George Atkinson that one.
He defined Lynn Swan as soft.

RoanokeFan
10-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Your gonna have to ask George Atkinson that one.
He defined Lynn Swan as soft.

And if Nicks played before he should it would be "what a jerk."

Denaliman316
10-09-2012, 06:59 PM
My interpretation of soft has always been he gets injured very very easily, doesn't heal as quick as most of the other guys on the roster and is handled to lightly.

Dwinsballgames
10-09-2012, 07:45 PM
soft, schmoft, the guy is injured. geez

CowboysSuck
10-09-2012, 07:47 PM
soft my ***. This Hakeem Nicks is a warrior and you should be dang proud hes fighting on our side.

brad
10-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Nicks is soft but it's not his fault, The Giants are soft on their players. I understand they want to play it safe but they are to safe in my opinion.Other teams let their players risk it if they want to. I mean Logan Mankins played a whole season with a torn ACL.

Lack of Nicks was the reason we lost to Philly in my opinion. Just use him as a decoy.

Soft, really?!? You and I must be watching two very different games, because there is nothing "soft" about the way the Nicks plays the game.

SackingMyths
10-09-2012, 08:45 PM
This is a team that thinks "deep playoff run" and for good reason. Why rush him back NOW when his backups have filled in so admirably and risk him potentially being OUT late in the season?

Denaliman316
10-09-2012, 09:51 PM
I love Nicks don't get me wrong but I am just frustrated with the whole situation, it just seems like its the same situation with us every year and I see other teams get hurt but their guys seem to never be out very long. In 2010 it was Smith first then Nicks at crucial stretches.

Sorry I guess I am still pissed at the Eagles game that we had won until a bad play call. If Nicks was there we probably wouldn't have needed a FG or even a TD to win. Barden is doing good as is Randle and of course Hixon and Cruz we don't have to worry about but Nicks just completes our offense in crucial games.

jomo
10-09-2012, 09:57 PM
What does "soft" really mean?Thoughtful