PDA

View Full Version : Is there another team adding talent at the rate we are to an already stacked roster?

BParcells777
10-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Joaquim Williams- playing more
Jaron Hosely
David Wilson
Ojomo
Kuhn
Stevie Brown
Prince
Barden
Hixon
Bennett
Hill
Coe
Locklear
Randle
Tracey
Rivers

now Canty and Beckum returning, Boothe starting

and the hits just keep on coming.....all these guys are good, some very good, and some potential stars

I've seen Reese have good years before but he is hitting on all cylinders......its a plethora of wealth that is almost RIDICULOUS

As the 49rs have a very ordinary QB, I expect Fewell to finally unleash the dogs this week

We will shock the world and really give these guys a beat down....well deserved

brad
10-09-2012, 06:57 PM
There is definitely some developing talent to look forward to in the future, some contributing now. One thing I hope you are right on is PF unleashing the dogs, because this D has been beyond bad so far this year.

TheEnigma
10-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Texans, Ravens, Bengals, Patriots, 49ers, Eagles, Cowboys, and Falcons are adding talent at a pretty darn good rate. Steelers are always in the mix and you could even say that the Colts have some gems past the obvious Andrew Luck.

I think what separates the Giants from the rest is the UDFA talent we seem to find.

krygny
10-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Is there another team that is losing players to injury at the rate we are to an already decimated roster?

giantsfan420
10-09-2012, 07:25 PM
i agree OP. i feel JR has done such an amazing job. we have all pro caliber starters up and down the roster (who are mostly young) all the while having amazing young all pro potential depth...

when healthy, i dont think a GM has put together a better roster than JR has. a lot of it has to do with eli and knowing we can add skill players and be all world. same with the d, with our DL, JR has the luxury of adding talent all over. i mean that in the sense that a lot of other teams have issues at qb, or with their DL or wth their wr's, etc etc...meanwhile we literally have stacked depth up and down the roster and we can keep taking BPA and not draft solely for need, which is a luxury a lot of teams dnt have.

and jr is prob the best scout/talent evaluator as a gm in the league (he was our draft scout for several years before being the gm)

jgiantfan
10-09-2012, 10:07 PM
" and the hits just keep on coming.....all these guys are good, some very good, and some potential stars " Please , Lets be realistic ans say that most of these players have a lot to prove but I agree we have seen flashes of potential . Its all about consistency. Let's not give too much credit to Perry Fewell and "unleashing the dogs." The Giants defense has not been very good this year and I am very disappointed in the play calling and break downs in our run defense. Fewell's player package strategy is failing thus far but would cut him some slack with some of the injuries. We do have talent but can Fewell do the job ? I love Fewell's attitude but I am not conviced that he is a solid strategic X's and O's guy.

joeybagadonutz23
10-09-2012, 11:30 PM
I'd feel a lot better if Reese would add some OL talent.

Parademon
10-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Not having Canty & Rocky Bernard on the line is what's hurting us. Once those 2 come back, watch out!

jomo
10-10-2012, 12:10 AM
I'd feel a lot better if Reese would add some OL talent.I'd take one for starters. It is like they don't even exist to him.

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 03:51 AM
Im sorry but I like this new oline

Eli is the most upright QB in the NFL and we just ran for 260 some odd yds last week

You guys are a tough audience

WHAT DO YOU WANT?

Captain Chaos
10-10-2012, 04:54 AM
I'd feel a lot better if Reese would add some OL talent.

I can get on board with that, seems we can use some help there

Toadofsteel
10-10-2012, 08:25 AM
I'm actually not that worried about the O-line for the first time in a couple years. 5 games and only 4 sacks given up. Yeah part of that is Eli's pocket presence, but they are doing what they need to do. Bennett seems to be getting his blocking schemes down, as well as the Hynocerous.

If only our guys would stop going down at the rate they are, we'd have the best team in the NFL, hands down...

GameTime
10-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Joaquim Williams- playing more
Jaron Hosely
David Wilson
Ojomo
Kuhn
Stevie Brown
Prince
Barden
Hixon
Bennett
Hill
Coe
Locklear
Randle
Tracey

now Canty and Beckum returning, Boothe starting

and the hits just keep on coming.....all these guys are good, some very good, and some potential stars

I've seen Reese have good years before but he is hitting on all cylinders......its a plethora of wealth that is almost RIDICULOUS

As the 49rs have a very ordinary QB, I expect Fewell to finally unleash the dogs this week

We will shock the world and really give these guys a beat down....well deserved
considering there are four or 5 teams that are playing more complete games then the Giants I would say yes.
The Giants D still is below average.

Buddy333
10-10-2012, 08:48 AM
Eli hasn't been sacked as much because of his awareness in he pocket and they ran for 260 yards against a team that is 0-5 and probably going to have the 1st pick in next years draft. The OL still needs to be worked on in the offseason.

DaKraken
10-10-2012, 09:04 AM
I think what separates the Giants from the rest is the UDFA talent we seem to find.

^^^^
This

RoanokeFan
10-10-2012, 09:32 AM
This is the legacy of George Young. Build your team through the draft and develop your future starters. He once commented that free agency was nothing more than a chance to acquire someone else's mistakes. Injuries are guaranteed, next man up is a belief in your organization.

Moke
10-10-2012, 10:00 AM
How is the oline improved for those saying it is? I'd love if Reese picked up some OL pieces before next season,

repeatchamps
10-10-2012, 11:17 AM
How is the oline improved for those saying it is? I'd love if Reese picked up some OL pieces before next season,

How? Only 4 sacks in 5 games (hurries are significantly down from last year too) and the Giants are 11th in the NFL in rushing.

Yup they stink.
:rolleyes:

RoanokeFan
10-10-2012, 11:20 AM

I agree with picking up an OL in the next draft, but you can't seriously say the OLine isn't "better" tan it was. I'm not saying they don't need to improve a lot, but they are better.

Buddy333
10-10-2012, 11:27 AM
I agree with picking up an OL in the next draft, but you can't seriously say the OLine isn't "better" tan it was. I'm not saying they don't need to improve a lot, but they are better.Lets see how they look this week. If they play well this week I will be a believer. They ran well against 3 losing teams and I think Eli himself is a big reason why he hasn't been sacked a lot. This week will be a huge test. Last year they beat the OL bad and Eli took. A lot of hits.

Toadofsteel
10-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Regardless of what I said earlier, I still wouldn't have any issue with an OL pickup early in the draft. Locklear is almost as old as Diehl, for one. Snee is getting up there, for another, not to mention Baas.

I wouldn't gripe over an early OL pick, but neither would I gripe if there wasn't an OL pick early either...

burier
10-10-2012, 11:34 AM
LOL. We're not stacked...and all of the problems from last season that everyone wanted to pretend didn't exist because we won the superbowl are here again. We still struggle to run the ball against legit defenses and we still can't play defense. I don't know how that translates to stacked.

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 12:26 PM
If they thouroughly handle the 49rs will you give some credit????

Incidently I forgot to mention Keith Rivers in the original post, he has played well when in there.

I hope they finally activate Ojomo for this game.....I cannot wait to see what he can do in a real NFL game.
Also We have that other TE and Canty back next week

BlueReign
10-10-2012, 12:28 PM
When Nicks comes back this team will go on a tear.

TheEnigma
10-10-2012, 12:38 PM
The Browns DL hasn't really played all that bad this season even without their stud DT Phil Taylor. You can't just go "Well, it's the Browns" when they had a statistically nice defense coming into Metlife Stadium. Give the OL some credit. The biggest change is without a doubt the Tackles. Beatty is not only stronger than Diehl now but a vastly superior athlete that can keep up with those speed rushers with quick feet. I only imagine now how much better we could of been last year had Beatty never had that flukey eye retina injury. Locklear isn't the best RT or anything to brag about but when you had the statistically worst RT in pass protection last year, it's a considerable difference in play from that position. Snee has rebounded from his bad 2011 season. Even Boothe and Baas are giving us slight improvement.

We do need better young depth, especially in the interior. Someone like Barrett Jones or Chance Warmack would be nice to get in the 2013 Draft.