PDA

View Full Version : RB Wilson finally out of the dog house

RoanokeFan
10-10-2012, 11:35 AM
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar..._york/11923738 (http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/rb_david_wilson_finally_out_of_the_dog_house_in_ne w_york/11923738)

Excerpt: "According to the Daily News in New York, the Giants’ coaches are now “excited” about David Wilson. It looks like Wilson has finally worked his way out of the doghouse. With Ahmad Bradshaw coming off a 34-touch day and Andre Brown still dealing with a concussion, the first-round rookie is prepping for a real offensive role this week.

The Daily News says Wilson “should get a share of the load on Sunday.” Read more...

Flip Empty
10-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Is this just speculation on the Daily News' part?

Moke
10-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Scary going up against the 49ers defense. I hope he succeeds.

Toadofsteel
10-10-2012, 11:52 AM
I wonder if he actually will get decent carries from here on out? I have him in my fantasy team, and while I wouldn't start him vs SF's run defense, I'd like to start using him...

BigBlue1971
10-10-2012, 11:55 AM
i think this is his shot going up against a quality defense!

ive said before the touchdown he scored last Sunday will go a long ways in his confidence building!

he may also be a blessing in disguise cuz the 9ers dont have that much tape on him and i suspect he could run wild....hope so!

Flip Empty
10-10-2012, 11:59 AM
I wonder if he actually will get decent carries from here on out? I have him in my fantasy team, and while I wouldn't start him vs SF's run defense, I'd like to start using him...
I started him for the first time in one of my leagues this week, mostly out of necessity. Made me look like a genius haha

GMAN2K9
10-10-2012, 12:10 PM
I started him for the first time in one of my leagues this week, mostly out of necessity. Made me look like a genius haha

I drafted him and have held him on the bench all year -- wondering if I should consider putting him in as a flex option.

My running backs are awfully underperforming

Toadofsteel
10-10-2012, 12:17 PM
I would have started him if I didn't have Ray Rice and Stevan Ridley...

GMan-67
10-10-2012, 12:28 PM
this would be a great week for him to hit a few really big plays on STs and on O ... and speed is a way to make overly aggressive defenses pay

RoanokeFan
10-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Is this just speculation on the Daily News' part?

It's being attributed to the Daily News but there's nothing on their site yet. That's not unusual as sometimes a report tweets information that doesn't hit the public outlet for a while.

SweetZombieJesus
10-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Scary going up against the 49ers defense. I hope he succeeds.

Talk about trial by fire. Not the place for a shaky rookie.

RoanokeFan
10-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Brown still hasn't been cleared to practice making WiIson next man up

CowboysSuck
10-10-2012, 02:56 PM
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar..._york/11923738 (http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/rb_david_wilson_finally_out_of_the_dog_house_in_ne w_york/11923738)

Excerpt: "According to the Daily News in New York, the Giants’ coaches are now “excited” about David Wilson. It looks like Wilson has finally worked his way out of the doghouse. With Ahmad Bradshaw coming off a 34-touch day and Andre Brown still dealing with a concussion, the first-round rookie is prepping for a real offensive role this week.

The Daily News says Wilson “should get a share of the load on Sunday.” Read more...

Did you create this thread for me, RF? ;)

CowboysSuck
10-10-2012, 02:58 PM
where are all the Wilson downers&doubters now? muahahaha

RoanokeFan
10-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Did you create this thread for me, RF? ;)

I just report the news.

RoanokeFan
10-10-2012, 03:01 PM

Is that really necessary? The reality is he's next on the depth chart behind Brown who is concussed. Hopefully he's preparing hard to get his assignments down, otherwise it could be a long day for Bradshaw

CowboysSuck
10-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Its not necessary but neither is the sport of football, technically.

I'm just glad that this news broke because all week everyone has been poking fun at how I think Wilson deserves more than 2 touches a game.

nhpgiantsfan
10-10-2012, 03:05 PM

what doutbers. Do you think that anyone here doesnt want him to succeed, or doesnt think he is going to be good?? And until you actually here or see an actual quote from a Giants coach, this is purley speculation on the part of the Daily News. But if Brown isnt cleared to play, somebody is going to have to give AB a blow, and Wilson is the next man up, so here's his chance.

In the future you may not want to call out all the "downers&doubters" until it actually happens.

CowboysSuck
10-10-2012, 03:09 PM
nph, i dont even need to respond to your claim but I will. I'm not sure if you follow the boards regularly but I have been adamant in my opinion that Wilson needs to get the ball more. The majority of posters have been saying the contrary: that he is a turnover liability, the coaches are developing him, his role of 2 touches a game is perfectly reasonable, etc. That is what i meant by downers and doubters: people who arent extremely hyped up like myself and want to see the guy get a series or two a game. How could you not?

RoanokeFan
10-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Its not necessary but neither is the sport of football, technically.

I'm just glad that this news broke because all week everyone has been poking fun at how I think Wilson deserves more than 2 touches a game.

I'm checking now to see if the second half of that statement is bannable :rolleyes:

nhpgiantsfan
10-10-2012, 03:15 PM
nph, i dont even need to respond to your claim but I will. I'm not sure if you follow the boards regularly but I have been adamant in my opinion that Wilson needs to get the ball more. The majority of posters have been saying the contrary: that he is a turnover liability, the coaches are developing him, his role of 2 touches a game is perfectly reasonable, etc. That is what i meant by downers and doubters: people who arent extremely hyped up like myself and want to see the guy get a series or two a game. How could you not?

Of coarse I look forward to seeing him get his chances. But if the coaches didn't think he was ready, I was cool with that. I didn't come on here whining that it is rediculous that he only got 2 carries, as if I knew better than TC. It is what it is. This is how TC handles rookie RB's. He is obviously doing something right. If he thinks he is ready, then let's go.

But, I am certainly not going to come on here screaming that the coach isn't being fair, and is too conservative and doesnt know what he is doing. Especially after a 200 yard rushing performance by AB,

CowboysSuck
10-10-2012, 03:22 PM
I'm checking now to see if the second half of that statement is bannable :rolleyes:

In my life, publicly and personally, the NFL and the Giants are a necessity. I suppose i could still eat,breathe, bathe if it were to disappear. But maybe not..

CowboysSuck
10-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Of coarse I look forward to seeing him get his chances. But if the coaches didn't think he was ready, I was cool with that. I didn't come on here whining that it is rediculous that he only got 2 carries, as if I knew better than TC. It is what it is. This is how TC handles rookie RB's. He is obviously doing something right. If he thinks he is ready, then let's go.

But, I am certainly not going to come on here screaming that the coach isn't being fair, and is too conservative and doesnt know what he is doing. Especially after a 200 yard rushing performance by AB,

Ok, never go against the grain. Follow the path laid out and never stray. I suppose you have a unique point.

RoanokeFan
10-10-2012, 03:24 PM
In my life, publicly and personally, the NFL and the Giants are a necessity. I suppose i could still eat,breathe, bathe if it were to disappear. But maybe not..

You realize I'm just busting your stones, right?

CowboysSuck
10-10-2012, 03:24 PM
You realize I'm just busting your stones, right?

yeah i got it, i was just making an attempt at humor

RoanokeFan
10-10-2012, 03:26 PM
yeah i got it, i was just making an attempt at humor

Well WE couldn't live without football so stop thinking we can.

jomo
10-10-2012, 04:42 PM
This is great news for one of my Fantasy Football teams lol.

CowboysSuck
10-10-2012, 04:46 PM
This great news for us fans. Our parents might be letting us play with our expensive new toy this weekend :)

ok kidding that was weird..but you get the point

RoanokeFan
10-10-2012, 04:55 PM
This great news for us fans. Our parents might be letting us play with our expensive new toy this weekend :)

ok kidding that was weird..but you get the point

I'm actually hoping it turns out to be terrible news for the 49ers

CowboysSuck
10-10-2012, 05:02 PM
I'm actually hoping it turns out to be terrible news for the 49ers

The good news is that I'm sure we have many plays drawn up for him. As well as routine plays. The niners would only be guessing trying to figure out what he will be used in/for.

RoanokeFan
10-10-2012, 05:09 PM
The good news is that I'm sure we have many plays drawn up for him. As well as routine plays. The niners would only be guessing trying to figure out what he will be used in/for.

Gilbride has said they are working on plays just for Wilson

GiantRoc
10-10-2012, 05:10 PM

There were a few of the "He's gonna fumble" ninnies out there, but I think most were saying we should trust the coahing staff. That being said, I was one who was on your side. I can't believe you can extrapolate 1 fumble into an endless string of turn overs. Many did however. He has to get used to the NFL speed. The only real way to do that is to give the kid plays. It seems now that there isn't much choice but to do so.

GiantWarfare
10-10-2012, 05:36 PM
I hope he shines this week.

JB456
10-10-2012, 06:23 PM

I'm with you bro. I wanted the Giants to let Wilson run the ball the next play after he fumbled in that first game. Sometimes knowing your team will stick with you through the bad times can pump a person up beyond all belief. Plus, teams will have to game plan around Wilson's speed or they will get embarrassed. If Wilson breaks one early against the 49rs on Sunday they will have to bring 8 up in the box and Eli will pick them apart. If this scenario plays out, I can see the Giants winning by 10.