PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Tom Coughlin senses "nobody gives us a chance to win" against 49ers

RoanokeFan
10-10-2012, 12:44 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/giants_tom_coughlin_senses_nob.html#incart_river

Excerpt: "Each week, coach Tom Coughlin devises tactics to keep his team motivated.

For this week's NFC showdown against the 49ers, Coughlin admitted one he'll use: Despite the Giants being the defending Super Bowl champions, many see San Francisco as the class of the NFC.

"Nobody gives us a chance to win," Coughlin said. "Well see."

Asked how he knows no one gives the Giants a chance to win, Coughlin said, "I just sense it. Im hoping that way."

The 49ers and the Giants played twice last season, each team winning one game. The Giants, of course, were the winners in the NFC Championship Game in San Francisco, earning a trip to Super Bowl XLVI.

So why does Coughlin think no one gives the 3-2 Giants a chance to win against the 4-1 49ers?" Read more...

Moke
10-10-2012, 12:51 PM
No one is giving the Giants a chance because they have the defense to destroy our offense.

Can't run it? Attack and let Eli throw the ball as much as he can.

Toadofsteel
10-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Giants play their best football with their backs to the wall... not surprised that TC went with that tactic.

Rudyy
10-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Good, let's keep it that way.

GMan-67
10-10-2012, 01:02 PM
naturally that is coach speak, he knows what really gets his guys going

but, i think when the picks come in .... as meaningless as they are from the know nothing media heads

the picks will all be SF

now on the flip side, SF has the bitter defeat in the Championship Games as motivation

bottom line is we will have to weather an early storm, match their intensity, not turn it over .... get it to the 4th quarter, where it will be advantage Giants ... just as it was vs. Philly ... but unfortunately vs. Philly we didnt close the deal ... this week we are closing the deal

TheAnalyst
10-10-2012, 01:32 PM
49ers are a better team right now, but so were the Pats in SB 42.

EnragedYouth85
10-10-2012, 01:41 PM
The 49ers are very good but very beatable.

Rudyy
10-10-2012, 01:42 PM
49ers are a better team right now, but so were the Pats in SB 42. And every team we faced in the playoffs last year.

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Coughlin's response: ""New year, new time, two new teams. We earned everything we got last year."

I begining to really like this old coot.......I hope he give Fewell a good toungue lashing about being more aggressive

Buddy333
10-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Hey if it fires them up use it. Based on what we have seen so far the Giants don't match up well against the 49ers. The 49ers have been playing better defensively and offensively they have been impressive. Their DL dominated the Giants OL last year and they stop the run game very well. O the other side of the ball their OL is very big and physical. They run the ball very well. The Giants have to find a way to get to Smith and remember how to contain the run. The defense also can not let the team get 14 points behind against the 49ers. They are not the Browns.

TheAnalyst
10-10-2012, 02:42 PM
And every team we faced in the playoffs last year.

Exactly. Its not always about the better more talented team, but the team that executes and gets coached better.

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 02:45 PM

SO I guess the Vikings who destroyed them must be so good we should play the bench the rest of the season LOL

Buddy333
10-10-2012, 02:47 PM
The 4-1 Vikings have looked good so far this season.

joemorrisforprez
10-10-2012, 02:55 PM

+1

The 49ers are a good team......but they are a far cry from the 2007 Patriots.

Let's not forget Super Bowl XLII.....any Giant fan that remembers that game should realize that this team can knock off anyone in the NFL.

NWKEffectElement
10-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Sounds like the truth to me. Many people on this board don't give Big Blue a chance. Let's run with this theme.

NYKiller
10-11-2012, 12:27 AM
If you don't play the best Giants talent available, then the giants deserve to lose in my opinion. I can't wait to see the giants powerful running game in action again.

And in other news, the 49ers already know that Manningham is at least their second best WR, but they refuse to make him number two because he is a former Giant and decided to go with Moss who is no longer in his prime. LOL, they have to show that the giants third best is also third best on their team. Once they make Manningham a starter, they will become a better offensive team. And on the Giants, Manningham would still be the giants 3rd best WR because of his ability to run after the catch.

BrianK01
10-11-2012, 12:40 AM
Hey if it fires them up use it. Based on what we have seen so far the Giants don't match up well against the 49ers. The 49ers have been playing better defensively and offensively they have been impressive. Their DL dominated the Giants OL last year and they stop the run game very well. O the other side of the ball their OL is very big and physical. They run the ball very well. The Giants have to find a way to get to Smith and remember how to contain the run. The defense also can not let the team get 14 points behind against the 49ers. They are not the Browns.
How do you get that? We played them twice last year and seemed to match up pretty good with them.

Buddy333
10-11-2012, 12:50 AM
When I said so far I meant this year. As of today their OL and DL look superior to the Giants. Will the Giants DL from last years post season show up? If they do then maybe they match up better. If they get pushed around all day and the 49ers run all over them it cold be a long day. Their DL is very good and if you want to talk about last year, he last time they played they hit Eli way to many times.

Parademon
10-11-2012, 12:52 AM
5 games into the season is way too early to be crowning any team the "best". They've played 1 good team - Vikes, 1 ok team-GB , 2 bad teams - Bills/Jets and 1 so-so team-Lions.

We've played 1 good team-Eagles, 1 OK team-Cowboys & 3 bad teams-Panthers-Bucs-Browns.

This marks the 1st game so far that both teams will be playing a serious SB contender in each other. The 9ers would be very stupid to take us lightly & think we will be another pushover team for them. Many so called "superior" teams have made this assumption & have paid dearly for it.

Hessian
10-11-2012, 01:13 AM
5 games into the season is way too early to be crowning any team the "best". They've played 1 good team - Vikes, 1 ok team-GB , 2 bad teams - Bills/Jets and 1 so-so team-Lions.

We've played 1 good team-Eagles, 1 OK team-Cowboys & 3 bad teams-Panthers-Bucs-Browns.

This marks the 1st game so far that both teams will be playing a serious SB contender in each other. The 9ers would be very stupid to take us lightly & think we will be another pushover team for them. Many so called "superior" teams have made this assumption & have paid dearly for it.
So true, fans get fanatical way too early. I have a good feeling about this game. It was a shootout last time in "candlestick", no reason it shouldn't be this time around.

FlyingTruck
10-11-2012, 01:31 AM
The 49ers are very good but very beatable.I see nothing special in that team. They are playing very disciplined football. On both sides. But in no way, shape, or form am I scared of that team. They shout out the Jets. Great. But our offense ain't the Jets offense. I think we're going to shock them.

Antwuan
10-11-2012, 03:55 AM
I love it.

As long as the Giants as a team believe they can win thats all that matters, and I believe the Giants do believe they can win.

Antwuan
10-11-2012, 03:57 AM
I see nothing special in that team. They are playing very disciplined football. On both sides. But in no way, shape, or form am I scared of that team. They shout out the Jets. Great. But our offense ain't the Jets offense. I think we're going to shock them.

I hope you're right.

BillTheGreek
10-11-2012, 05:17 AM
The Giants should have been 5 and 0 And the 49ers know this, they are not taking us lightly, If the Giants play up to their expectations , come Monday there will be a BIG change of opinions.

New York Giants Superbowl Champions !

Rat_bastich
10-11-2012, 05:29 AM
There is always a chance to win, the Giants just need to come out of the gate with all parts working. The defense has to be stout and the offense has to be explosive. Special teams has been good and needs to continue to be so. The 49ers capitalize on mistakes and their defense will give our O-line a hard time all night. Of any teams that we face this year, this is the team that scares me and this is the matchup I dread.