PDA

View Full Version : Strategy vs 49ers

sheepdip
10-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Please Killdrive run the ball even if it is not getting huge chunks. If you get pass happy we loose this game.
I know its hard for you to stop doing this but, plus it will protect eli, I repeat it will protect our Franchise QB!!

Stick with the run and take what they will give us and be patient and than take your shots when you have them.
1 wild card is using Wilson like Saints use Sproles. Get him the ball on screens, swing passes etc. Delays counters etc. At least use him as a decoy at times. Give him 10 touches a game , I am sure Bradshaw could use a rest.

The 49ers team is so systematic I am actually envy of how they play and how they manage the game, they are old school and tough. The league maybe a passing league but their style proves you can win it old fashion way. Run the ball and stop the run.

On Defense please don't let Vernon get behind us again (Rolle) Give him some space as you cant run with him. 14 points were from him last year on bombs.

I assume we wont be getting a lot of sacks as Smith is a fast running qb and Fewel will be telling our guys to stay home and stand still like in every other game.

We need to gang tackle on run plays or its over for us.

Hopefully they fear us a little from last year in the back of there minds or better yet underestimate us based on this year.

Toadofsteel
10-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Don't give up on the run, sure, but for the love of God, DO NOT revert to run-run-pass...

burier
10-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Umm if we think we're gonna "stick with the run" in this game and win we're wrong. If by the grace of god we can run the ball effectively great but its doubtfull. If you think we can win by running on first and second down and then asking Eli to win in obvious passing situations all day you're wrong. We need good early down production and to do that the ball needs to be in our best players hands.

Now this might be a game where the Defense decides to show up but if the same D that showed up these past 5 games shows up San Fran is gonna score a good amount of points which means we're going to have to do the same.

I expect an extremely close game.

also why is it everytime we have a decent opponent someone gets on here and says we need to play ball control? Its getting played out.

Diamondring
10-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Sheepdip, Giants have a high scoring powerful offense with a lot of talent. There are different types of defenses my friend. All 4 wr sets are not the same. All 3 wr sets are not the same. All two back sets are not the same. You can still run and still lose. Don't worry about passing the ball cause that will limit your offense.

johnson
10-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Don't give up on the run, sure, but for the love of God, DO NOT revert to run-run-pass...

DO NOT revert to run-run-pass...

revert to run-run-pass...

run-run-pass...

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/20309_o.gif

Toadofsteel
10-10-2012, 01:22 PM
lol

TuckandRolle
10-10-2012, 02:03 PM
No more hating on KillDrive for me. I'm proud to call him Gilbride now, Eli and him are quite the team.

TuckandRolle
10-10-2012, 02:04 PM
I'd say overall, don't agree with much there lol. Just my opinion though. More then ever PF will want the DL to pressure and get to the QB. Also think J Williams or Rivers will be hawking V Davis.

TheEnigma
10-10-2012, 02:05 PM

Perfect reaction to any questionable coaching decisions.

sheepdip
10-10-2012, 03:17 PM
I wonder how many teams give up on the run so quickly versus the 49ers. Look at the eagles game, they had what 15 yards in the 1st half, with your guys logic they would then abandon the run and go pass happy. Well it worked out for them to run the ball.

I didnt say run run and pass on 3rd. Mix it up of course but my point was dont finish the game with 50 passes and 10 runs and say our running game wasnt effective. !!

sheepdip
10-10-2012, 03:18 PM
better yet lets get Eli sacked 8 times again and heaven for bid he gets injured and our season is over. Yeah lets air it out every play.

sheepdip
10-10-2012, 03:20 PM
I'd say overall, don't agree with much there lol. Just my opinion though. More then ever PF will want the DL to pressure and get to the QB. Also think J Williams or Rivers will be hawking V Davis.

Did you watch the Cowboys game ? the players comments after the game ?

denali22
10-10-2012, 03:31 PM
49er fan here. here are basically our strengths and weaknesses:

Our Run Blocking is amazing right now, however our pass blocking is AVERAGE. Lately it has been great, but earlier in the season it had its flaws.

Our Running game is the best in the league, there will be trick plays, misdirections, tosses, you name it, we do it. It's very entertaining :).

Our passing game I'd say is Above average, we get mismatches with our TE's and Alex has shown great accuracy. When under pressure he plays smart and throws it away. Its all on our pass blocking!

Defensively: Our Run defense is still great, however its not as dominant as before. On the plus side our pass defense did get better too, so we are more balanced than last year.

We DONT blitz very often, and rely on 4 guys for our QB pressure. It's a little frustrating but hey, what do I know? I just watch the games lol.

Our special teams coverage SCARES me. We have been letting opposing returners burst for good chunks of yards almost every game. Against your returner, it gets me a little nervous. Also, our kicker David Akers has been struggling a bit, hopefully he can get back on track. But our Punter Andy Lee has been on FIRE!

Also Kyle Williams (lol) has been doing pretty well as a backup for Ginn lately. But Ginn is back but hasnt really shown anything yet.

Heres to a good injury free game!

sheepdip
10-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Thanks for your response. I have said that if I were to run a team a certain way it would be like the 49ers. I am a giants fan for over 20 years and wouldnt jump ship but I do like there style and how they are built. They are like old school teams.

I would rather watch 49ers over the saint any day.

denali22
10-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Haha yeah we are fun to watch! We are the perfect team if we have some sort of lead. However.. Coming from behind didn't look so good against the Vikings. So if your team can get a lead early, I hope we don't panic and abandon the run game too soon!

sheepdip
10-10-2012, 03:45 PM
I also wanted to add i think because teams that are solid against the run and have that reputation other teams get scared of that and abandon too early.

Look at 49ers victories every opponent ran the ball for avg of less than 20 carries. The only loss was to the vikes and they ran it 30 plus times. They didnt blow 49ers out of the water but ball control patience yielded big victory and Vikes are in 1st in there division as a result.

TuckandRolle
10-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Did you watch the Cowboys game ? the players comments after the game ?

Rusty game out of the gate. His play calling has drastically improved over the years and Eli has a firm relationship and respect for him. As with every coach, has some questionable calls here and there. But overall I'm happy. Difference of opinion.

denali22
10-14-2012, 09:18 PM
49er fan here. here are basically our strengths and weaknesses:

Our Run Blocking is amazing right now, however our pass blocking is AVERAGE. Lately it has been great, but earlier in the season it had its flaws.

Our Running game is the best in the league, there will be trick plays, misdirections, tosses, you name it, we do it. It's very entertaining :).

Our passing game I'd say is Above average, we get mismatches with our TE's and Alex has shown great accuracy. When under pressure he plays smart and throws it away. Its all on our pass blocking!

Defensively: Our Run defense is still great, however its not as dominant as before. On the plus side our pass defense did get better too, so we are more balanced than last year.

We DONT blitz very often, and rely on 4 guys for our QB pressure. It's a little frustrating but hey, what do I know? I just watch the games lol.

Our special teams coverage SCARES me. We have been letting opposing returners burst for good chunks of yards almost every game. Against your returner, it gets me a little nervous. Also, our kicker David Akers has been struggling a bit, hopefully he can get back on track. But our Punter Andy Lee has been on FIRE!

Also Kyle Williams (lol) has been doing pretty well as a backup for Ginn lately. But Ginn is back but hasnt really shown anything yet.

Heres to a good injury free game!

had to quote myself on this, I feel like this is pretty much how it went for us. although the severity was MUCH worse.