View Full Version : Sickens me to say this but Eagles can still win division

eastbayblue
12-18-2011, 05:24 PM
They beat Jets today, 21-0 right now, 6-8
We lose to Jets next week. we're 7-8
Cowboys lose to Eagles. 8-7
All very probable.
We beat Cowboys, both teams 8-8
Eagles beat Redskins, 8-8 and best division record. The unthinkable could happen!

yshock
12-18-2011, 05:26 PM
who really cares if we don't make the playoffs i dont like either the cowboys or eagles just as much,

Overdrive92
12-18-2011, 05:27 PM
If we don't make the Playoffs, I'd rather the Eagles make it than the Cowboys. Just because it will be hilarious to see and show what a joke this whole division is.

eastbayblue
12-18-2011, 05:28 PM
who really cares if we don't make the playoffs i dont like either the cowboys or eagles just as much,

Eagles would be worse and also best shot at advancing.

miked1958
12-18-2011, 05:28 PM
At this point they could be most consistent team of the three. Sad

Overdrive92
12-18-2011, 05:30 PM

As much as I hate to say it, the Eagles are playing good football right now. If they would've played like this since the beginning of the season, they would've been a force in the NFC.

It pains me to say this...but despite being 5-8...they are still probably the best team in this division. And that's just being real about things.

Sarcasman
12-18-2011, 05:45 PM
They beat Jets today, 21-0 right now, 6-8
We lose to Jets next week. we're 7-8
Cowboys lose to Eagles. 8-7
All very probable.
We beat Cowboys, both teams 8-8
Eagles beat Redskins, 8-8 and best division record. The unthinkable could happen!

No they can't.

They can't win anything, they can only hope that the Giants lose them into the playoffs. That's not the same as winning.

Mr Excitement
12-18-2011, 05:46 PM
they have to beat the Jets first...

Sarcasman
12-18-2011, 05:48 PM

As much as I hate to say it, the Eagles are playing good football right now. If they would've played like this since the beginning of the season, they would've been a force in the NFC.

It pains me to say this...but despite being 5-8...they are still probably the best team in this division. And that's just being real about things.

You can believe that if you like. I'd prefer to judge them on their play.

They're not very good and they're even more inconsistent than the Giants given their record and their superior talent.

The differences are that the Eagles defense shows up once in a while, they have a very, very good RB and a mediocre inconsistent QB.

Not a recipe for success anywhere really.