PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Brown you did great in ur 1st start- now do it again

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 02:14 PM
This time we want 3 backfield stops, 2 INTs and a fumble recovery.......is that too much to ask?

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Allowing 2 passing TDs is not great

Buddy333
10-10-2012, 02:21 PM
They need KP back soon. Brown didn't have a good game. Don't let the deflected pass he intercepted or fumble he picked up fool you.

giantsfan420
10-10-2012, 02:22 PM
i think kp will play vs sf

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 02:23 PM

sorry I did not see we cleared he field and played 1 on 11.........must have went for a beer LOL

Andre Leadshoes had picked up the coverage and as usual pulled up short........and to those who say Blackburn cannot run he was closer than Leadshoes and had the ball been underthrown was in perfect position to intercept it

Stevie was gracious enough to let the Ol guy off the hook.......Frankly I''d like to see Brown and Philips back there when Philips returns

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 02:25 PM
They need KP back soon. Brown didn't have a good game. Don't let the deflected pass he intercepted or fumble he picked up fool you.

Your right thats why Coughlin praised him after the game

Coughy throws compliments around like manhole covers

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Your right thats why Coughlin praised him after the game

Coughy throws compliments around like manhole covers

Philips has an MCL, he might not play for 4-6 games

Buddy333
10-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Brown has already admitted he was at fault for the 1st TD pass while Rolle and Blackburn where not to blame. I believe someone else said he was also at fault for the 2nd TD pass. He did ok filling in but did not have a great game.

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Brown has already admitted he was at fault for the 1st TD pass while Rolle and Blackburn where not to blame. I believe someone else said he was also at fault for the 2nd TD pass. He did ok filling in but did not have a great game.

yes I guess when Coughlin praised the INT and fumble recovey as " game changers"........he was having a senior moment LOL

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 02:32 PM

BLAH BLAH BLAH Cheesesteak.........you should be more worried about the little dog with the butter fingers.......Vick makes Sanchez look like a Red Zone warrior

primetime
10-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Stevie Brown made two mistakes that cost points, but at the same time commited two turnovers ( 1 interception, 1 fumble recovery) From the looks of it he broke even.
It's going to take time for him to get used to the coverage schemes, Fewell should make it easier on Brown by using his aggresivess to his advantage.

Buddy333
10-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Yeah your right. I shouldn't let he facts fool me.

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Stevie is the best Saftey prospect we have had since Gibril Wilson.......he rattles teeth

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Yeah your right. I shouldn't let he facts fool me.

How are Andy and Vick holding up under all the calls for their heads on a platter Buddy Ryan?

BTW I loved Buddy Ryan......my kind of HC, and DC.......the apples have fallen a mile from the tree

Buddy333
10-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Oh I got it now. So because he put one good hit on a RB he is great. Got it. I'll forget about the 2 TD's he let up now. Hey, even if they are down by a score at least maybe he can rattle someones teeth. That's much more important.

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 03:01 PM
sorry I did not see we cleared he field and played 1 on 11.........must have went for a beer LOL

Andre Leadshoes had picked up the coverage and as usual pulled up short........and to those who say Blackburn cannot run he was closer than Leadshoes and had the ball been underthrown was in perfect position to intercept it

Stevie was gracious enough to let the Ol guy off the hook.......Frankly I''d like to see Brown and Philips back there when Philips returns

Sorry. But Brown was absolutely responsible for both TD passes. Coughlin praising brown for a turnover doesn't mean coughlin was praising his entire game

And how is brown the best prospect since Gibril Wilson? KP is a far better player than Wilson ever was

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 03:17 PM
KP had 4 INTs last year and 1 the year before

Brown is averaging 1 per game ..........thats why, plus he is a much more punishing tackler

If you want to knock DBs for being out of position.........the list will be from here to the moon

If you want to citicize him, then at least give him his due for the things he does right

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Brown is a bigger hitter than KP?

And KP had twice as many interceptions as Brown? Yea brown sure is better.

I've seen three good plays from Brown at safety. Two against the run and one interception.

There's a hell of a lot more involved in being a good safety than getting an interception off a tipped ball and making one good tackle

KP is almost never out of position. I would much rather have a safety who doesn't get an interception and doesn't allow two TDs than the other way around

ryan12
10-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Brown is a bigger hitter than KP?

And KP had twice as many interceptions as Brown? Yea brown sure is better.

I've seen three good plays from Brown at safety. Two against the run and one interception.

There's a hell of a lot more involved in being a good safety than getting an interception off a tipped ball and making one good tackle

KP is almost never out of position. I would much rather have a safety who doesn't get an interception and doesn't allow two TDs than the other way around

slip why so much hate for stevie brown yesterday you argued with me over a post i said about stevie brown and your still going give the man some props. he is a good back up and has made plays for us

Buddy333
10-10-2012, 04:42 PM
I think the problem is the title of the thread says he had a GREAT game when in fact allowing 2 TD's is not having a great game. I think he is doing ok filling in, but they miss KP that's for sure.

GMENAGAIN
10-10-2012, 04:43 PM
The overreaction on this MB is unbelievable.

Isn't it enough to say that the guy has shown some promise, and let's see how he improves? Why do you have to say that he played "great" (when he didn't) and that he is better than KP (when he isn't)??

ryan12
10-10-2012, 04:46 PM
I think the problem is the title of the thread says he had a GREAT game when in fact allowing 2 TD's is not having a great game. I think he is doing ok filling in, but they miss KP that's for sure.

agreed

Giants5699
10-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Brown will be a solid safety in this league. Just needs more practice and reps. He makes great plays and then he gives a little. Remember when CC Brown was our starting safety? Stevie Brown would have made that defense a lot better.

ryan12
10-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Brown will be a solid safety in this league. Just needs more practice and reps. He makes great plays and then he gives a little. Remember when CC Brown was our starting safety? Stevie Brown would have made that defense a lot better.

saying the name cc brown on these boards should be a bannable offense

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 05:28 PM
You guys keep on jawboning

Stevie will keep making impact plays.......He'll have the last laugh

GMENAGAIN
10-10-2012, 05:35 PM

Impact plays like giving up TD's??

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 05:37 PM

I don't dislike Stevie brown at all. I think he can be a capable backup and good ST player. But don't heap unsupported praise on him when he did not play all that well at all

CowboysSuck
10-10-2012, 05:43 PM
I don't dislike Stevie brown at all. I think he can be a capable backup and good ST player. But don't heap unsupported praise on him when he did not play all that well at all

Instead let's praise Osi, right?

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 05:46 PM

Who are you Philips Brother in Law?.......to say Brown has not made impact plays is ludicrous

2 picks in 3 games and in one game he only played a few minutes at the end?

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Instead let's praise Osi, right?

Who is praising Osi? I haven't said anything positive about Osi in a year

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Who are you Philips Brother in Law?.......to say Brown has not made impact plays is ludicrous

2 picks in 3 games and in one game he only played a few minutes at the end?

Interceptions at the expense of giving up TDs is not a positive

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 05:57 PM
so Stevie is the ony DB to allow any TDs in Giants history?.........I see Rolle do it every game

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 05:59 PM
so Stevie is the ony DB to allow any TDs in Giants history?.........I see Rolle do it every game

Oh. So it's ok because other players do it? I get on Rolles case all the time.

KP does not allow TDs, don't believe he allowed a single TD all of last season.

Imgrate
10-10-2012, 06:01 PM
This is classic jakk. why do u guys waste your time?

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Interceptions at the expense of giving up TDs is not a positive

actually INTs can both stop an opponents TD and allow you to score

Turnovers are more valuable than TDs in many cases, yes

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Oh. So it's ok because other players do it? I get on Rolles case all the time.

KP does not allow TDs, don't believe he allowed a single TD all of last season.

Do you believe what you are writing here.........1st of all if you are not intimately aquainted with DB responsibilities on every play you are shooting in the dark here.......incredible statement .........incredibly misinformed

Buddy333
10-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Are you not the one who was on a tear about Bradshaw last week and how he should sit?

Buddy333
10-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Do you believe what you are writing here.........1st of all if you are not intimately aquainted with DB responsibilities on every play you are shooting in the dark here.......incredible statement .........incredibly misinformedShooting in the dark? Lol. Brown admitted he was at fault.

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 06:12 PM
actually INTs can both stop an opponents TD and allow you to score

Turnovers are more valuable than TDs in many cases, yes

Turnovers are more valuable than allowing the offense to score? Really? Then why even bother playing defense. Every time the other team scores you get the ball back too.

And I've talked to an nfl DB. We know for a fact that Brown was responsible for both of the browns passing TDs

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Your so full of it ......I cannot continue this conversation

even another NFL DB could not tel you what eh defensive assignments are unless he is on the filed playing for that team
even the guys on the field get it wrong

I get that you like Philips but we are doing fine without him, thank you very much

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Turnovers are more valuable than allowing the offense to score? Really? Then why even bother playing defense. Every time the other team scores you get the ball back too.

And I've talked to an nfl DB. We know for a fact that Brown was responsible for both of the browns passing TDs

With turnovers they DO NOT SCORE Einstein

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Your so full of it ......I cannot continue this conversation

even another NFL DB could not tel you what eh defensive assignments are unless he is on the filed playing for that team
even the guys on the field get it wrong

And you are wrong. You can clearly see what all the players are doing, and who is supposed to be doing what. Why do you think teams break down film? as a big joke? Or because they can actually tell what play call it is? I take it you have never watched coaches tape in your life.

I get that you like Philips but we are doing fine without him, thank you very much

Gave up just under 300 yards passing to a rookie QB with awful WRs who drop everything. But yea, great defensive performance.

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 06:33 PM
With turnovers they DO NOT SCORE Einstein

And if Brown does what he is supposed to do THEY DO NOT SCORE. And even more shockingly, if a player actually does what he is supposed to do, he can STILL get a turnover.

Getting a turnover is absolutely never an excuse for making an error that allows the other team to score. NEVER.

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 06:37 PM
so Stevie gets his INTs because he is in the wrong spot and the balls just bounce his way........I'll take it

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 06:38 PM
so Stevie gets his INTs because he is in the wrong spot and the balls just bounce his way........I'll take it

No, the interceptions he got he was in the proper position. But that does NOT make up for him being in the wrong position and costing the team 14 points.

Imgrate
10-10-2012, 06:38 PM
This guy has been banned on multiple occasions and his ability to make new threads was also taken away. Why must these terrible threads be allowed?

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 06:56 PM
This guy has been banned on multiple occasions and his ability to make new threads was also taken away. Why must these terrible threads be allowed?

why must you read them, and make your imgrate comments?...........are you like a moth drawn to the flame

giantsfan420
10-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Are you not the one who was on a tear about Bradshaw last week and how he should sit?

thats 1000000000x better than claiming weeden would outplay eli lmao

giantsfan420
10-10-2012, 07:15 PM
KP had 4 INTs last year and 1 the year before

Brown is averaging 1 per game ..........thats why, plus he is a much more punishing tackler

If you want to knock DBs for being out of position.........the list will be from here to the moon

If you want to citicize him, then at least give him his due for the things he does right
brown has done admirably and surpassed expectations. he's good in the box, but is a liability in coverage when askng him to perform the role KP usually does which is being the center field, sideline to sideline safety.
i knew brown would have issues in coverage when he should have made an int that KP does easily on a late pass that sailed from vick and brown couldnt make a play on the ball.
however, with such little game time, to expect him to replace KP without any difference in play isnt realistic, and brown certainly could improve in coverage.

that said, its awesome brown stepped up, he could potentially be a Grant type safety for us. lookin forward to this guys future. solid backup at worst to potential starting caliber safety

Buddy333
10-10-2012, 07:28 PM
No, the interceptions he got he was in the proper position. But that does NOT make up for him being in the wrong position and costing the team 14 points.Not to take the interception away from him, but say Sash had been playing, he could have made the same play. Anyone could have picked up the fumble. The 2 TD's he allowed where big mistakes. Again, I think he is filling in ok, but he did not have a great game and when KP is healthy he is a much better player.

giantsfan420
10-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Not to take the interception away from him, but say Sash had been playing, he could have made the same play. Anyone could have picked up the fumble. The 2 TD's he allowed where big mistakes. Again, I think he is filling in ok, but he did not have a great game and when KP is healthy he is a much better player.

thats simply not true. he showed excellent awareness on both takeaways. he was in the proper place on the int, and the fumble recovery, i cant tell u how many times i've seen players unaware of a fumble or unable to recover it etc...lets not take anything away from the guy.

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 09:42 PM
I dont think Grant can run a 4.39 40 at 222 lbs

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 09:46 PM
I dont think Grant can run a 4.39 40 at 222 lbs

what?

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Stevie Browns combine 40

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Stevie Browns combine 40

Where did you see that?

I cant find his combine data, but his proday was 4.51 at 212 pounds.

Buddy333
10-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Lets say that time is accurate. That makes him a better football player?

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Where did you see that?

I cant find his combine data, but his proday was 4.51 at 212 pounds.

you can find it in Wikopedia.........4.51 LOL no no that was Antrelle Rolle's

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Lets say that time is accurate. That makes him a better football player?

yes in the NFL speed kills...........Wilson's must be 3.9 or something

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 10:30 PM
you can find it in Wikopedia.........4.51 LOL no no that was Antrelle Rolle's

Thats not his combine data, thats from scouts and rivals, so the time is very questionable, notice also, that his height is incorrect. He measured 5112 at his proday.

Rolle ran a 4.48 at his proday.

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 10:32 PM
yes in the NFL speed kills...........Wilson's must be 3.9 or something

Wilson's official combine time was a 4.49. His proday he ran a 4.40

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 10:33 PM
Thats not his combine data, thats from scouts and rivals, so the time is very questionable, notice also, that his height is incorrect. He measured 5112 at his proday.

Rolle ran a 4.48 at his proday.

I'm beginning to think if Stevie makes the Pro Bowl you will protest to the league

Really hate the guys success don't you?

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 10:34 PM
I'm beginning to think if Stevie makes the Pro Bowl you will protest to the league

Really hate the guys success don't you?

Stop changing the subject. I asked you to show where you saw Browns combine time because I wanted to know what it was, Im not bashing anyone. The only verified time I can find on him is his proday time, which was a 4.51

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Stop changing the subject. I asked you to show where you saw Browns combine time because I wanted to know what it was, Im not bashing anyone. The only verified time I can find on him is his proday time, which was a 4.51

Let be the 1st to intro you to wikopedia.........are you dense........excuse me it 4.395

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevie_Brown

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Let be the 1st to intro you to wikopedia.........are you dense........excuse me it 4.395

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevie_Brown

I already replied to that. That data is not from his combine, and at least part of it is wrong, he is in fact not close to the reported height there, he is 5112 when he was officially measured at his pro day.

Scouts and Rivals are companies that rank and evaluate highschool players, and they approximate or guess on a lot of their info, either what they hear from sources or whatever. Maybe when he was a high school senior and weighed 170 pounds he ran a 4.39? Maybe he never ran that fast ever. Maybe he ran sub 4.3 at the combine.

Only actual verified time I can find is a 4.51 he ran at his pro day.

byron
10-10-2012, 10:59 PM
I don't think he was invited to the combine....just saying...;)
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/1116715

scroll down that page it says not invited
another
http://www.michigandaily.com/content/stevie-brown-drafted-7th-round-nfl-draft-warren-minor-go-undrafted

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 10:59 PM
I already replied to that. That data is not from his combine, and at least part of it is wrong, he is in fact not close to the reported height there, he is 5112 when he was officially measured at his pro day.

Scouts and Rivals are companies that rank and evaluate highschool players, and they approximate or guess on a lot of their info, either what they hear from sources or whatever. Maybe when he was a high school senior and weighed 170 pounds he ran a 4.39? Maybe he never ran that fast ever. Maybe he ran sub 4.3 at the combine.

Only actual verified time I can find is a 4.51 he ran at his pro day.

Maybe you just hate the guy as he is making Philips look bad?

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Maybe you just hate the guy as he is making Philips look bad?

Yes, hating him is the reason none of us can find his combine time on the internet.

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Yes, hating him is the reason none of us can find his combine time on the internet.

So Wikopedia is not good enough for you.........get back to me after Stevie causes 2 more turnovers this week........why do you care about his speed....you have already stated he's a back up at best

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 11:09 PM
So Wikopedia is nto good enough for you.........get back to me after Stevie causes 2 more turnovers this week........

Why dont you even read what Wikipedia says. That information there is from scout.com and rivals.

Here is his scout.com profile - http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=8&c=1&nid=1857533

You do know what "sources" for articles or information are, right? Thats why wikipedia links them.

See how it says 4.40 40, and that he is 6'1? Those are what info they have on him says he was coming out of high school. Unless he shrunk over an inch since high school, those numbers may have been inflated.

Here is his rivals.com link - http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Steve-Brown-37161;_ylt=AlJmeD4UQV9YF8KeQYR7PrdDPZB4
The rivals one is another one from when he was a senior in high school and being recruited.
This one has him at an inch shorter and running a 4.39 instead of a 4.4

The only actual height/weight/40 time we have that was timed and measured by nfl scouts was the 5112 height, 212 weight, and 4.51 40. And thats not knocking brown, I would love to know how he did at the actual combine, but I cant find the info.

byron
10-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Why dont you even read what Wikipedia says. That information there is from scout.com and rivals.

Here is his scout.com profile - http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=8&c=1&nid=1857533

You do know what "sources" for articles or information are, right? Thats why wikipedia links them.

See how it says 4.40 40, and that he is 6'1? Those are what info they have on him says he was coming out of high school. Unless he shrunk over an inch since high school, those numbers may have been inflated.

Here is his rivals.com link - http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Steve-Brown-37161;_ylt=AlJmeD4UQV9YF8KeQYR7PrdDPZB4
The rivals one is another one from when he was a senior in high school and being recruited.

The only actual height/weight/40 time we have that was timed and measured by nfl scouts was the 5112 height, 212 weight, and 4.51 40. And thats not knocking brown, I would love to know how he did at the actual combine, but I cant find the info. he wasn't invited to the combine or at least thats what the links in my above post say

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 11:17 PM
he wasn't invited to the combine or at least thats what the links in my above post say

yea ive seen the nfldraftscout.com stuff, Im just not sure if he didnt go, he was hurt, or if they just never entered the data.

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 11:20 PM

The only actual height/weight/40 time we have that was timed and measured by nfl scouts was the 5112 height, 212 weight, and 4.51 40. And thats not knocking brown, I would love to know how he did at the actual combine, but I cant find the info.

Why would you love to know.......he's just a ST guy according to you.....amazing he even made our roster

Buddy333
10-10-2012, 11:24 PM
Lol. You got me. I thought you where serious for a while there but the 3.9 made me laugh.

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 11:31 PM
Lol. You got me. I thought you where serious for a while there but the 3.9 made me laugh.

Why Buddy?........we dont play your team until game 16.......likely Philips will be back by then

Buddy333
10-10-2012, 11:33 PM
Lol. No one could possibly believe that anyone in the NFL runs a 3.9 40 yard dash. I'll admit that was funny.

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Lol. No one could possibly believe that anyone in the NFL runs a 3.9 40 yard dash. I'll admit that was funny.

He has a High School sprint champ in Texas.......he sure is not slow

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 11:38 PM

what is Jackson's 40 time?

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 11:40 PM
Why would you love to know.......he's just a ST guy according to you.....amazing he even made our roster

I said hes a good backup, and a good ST player. I havent seen enough of him yet to think he is a capable starter.

And I enjoy looking at combine numbers and looking for the freaks.

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 11:40 PM
what is Jackson's 40 time?

jackson who

Buddy333
10-10-2012, 11:41 PM
The fastest guy on the Giants is probably Prince and he ran a 4.35 I believe. That is very fast. Lol. A 3.9 is hilarious.

Buddy333
10-10-2012, 11:42 PM
jackson whoI'm assuming Bo who hasn't played in a long time so I don't know why he would be mentioned. Didn't he run a really fast 40? That was also hand timed I believe.

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 11:44 PM
He has a High School sprint champ in Texas.......he sure is not slow

most skill position players were sprinters in high school. Trindon Holliday used to race Jeff Demps (who was on the USA gold medal relay team) after practice in florida, and most reports from those said they finished very close. Trindon Holliday's official 40 time at the combine was a 4.34. A full tenth slower than Chirs Johnson ran.

Though scouts hand timing Holliday say his time was closer to 4.25 or below.

Everyone in the NFL is fast, being a high school sprint champion doesnt mean you are fast at the nfl level.

TheEnigma
10-10-2012, 11:45 PM
The fastest guy on the Giants is probably Prince and he ran a 4.35 I believe. That is very fast. Lol. A 3.9 is hilarious.

I think it's actually Da'rel Scott but Prince is definitely up there. If anyone ran a 3.9 or lower, it might be time to check if they are allergic to green rocks.

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 11:45 PM
according to the bleacher report Bo Jackson posted the fastest recorded 40 yd time ever- 4.12 although it is thought Bob Hayes was likely faster he was never timed in the 40............suprisingly Mike Vick is in the top 10

I'm sure Usain Bolt could break 4.0

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 11:48 PM
I don't know
with pads on I doubt anyone on the Giants is faster than Wilson

byron
10-10-2012, 11:48 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/40-yard_dash

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 11:50 PM
according to the bleacher report Bo Jackson posted the fastest recorded 40 yd time ever- 4.12 although it is thought Bob Hayes was likely faster he was never timed in the 40............suprisingly Mike Vick is in the top 10

Unfortunately when you start pushing it closer to 4.0 the accuracy problems start multilpying.

And that list is outdated, seeing as it was written in 2008. There would be numerous players on there recently, like Chris Johnson with his 4.24.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2008-02-22-40-yard-dash_N.htm

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 11:51 PM
I don't know

Depends on the race. Wilson is more of a darter, but may not have great top end speed. Da'Rel Scott on the other hand is a slower smooth acceleration guy who has frighting top end speed.

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 11:52 PM
I'm assuming Bo who hasn't played in a long time so I don't know why he would be mentioned. Didn't he run a really fast 40? That was also hand timed I believe.

I was reffering to DeSean Jackson from your favorite team Buddy

TheEnigma
10-10-2012, 11:52 PM
I don't know

Scott had a 4.35 at the combine while Wilson had a 4.4

Scott won't be anything outside of a change of pace back though.

BParcells777
10-10-2012, 11:54 PM
Depends on the race. Wilson is more of a darter, but may not have great top end speed. Da'Rel Scott on the other hand is a slower smooth acceleration guy who has frighting top end speed.

I've been watching football for 40 years and never saw anyone get from the 40 yd line to the end zone faster than Wilson did last Sunday........incredible

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 11:54 PM
I was reffering to DeSean Jackson from your favorite team Buddy

4.35, and he didnt run at his proday. Its likely that he is signficantly faster than that. I mean they do only get two attempts, and if they dont start well that day, or have a cold, or whatever, it could really affect the times they put in.

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 11:55 PM
I've been watching football for 40 years and never saw anyone get from the 40 yd line to the end zone faster than Wilson did last Sunday........incredible

Should have seen Chris Johnson play a couple years ago back when he was good.

TheEnigma
10-10-2012, 11:56 PM
4.35, and he didnt run at his proday. Its likely that he is signficantly faster than that. I mean they do only get two attempts, and if they dont start well that day, or have a cold, or whatever, it could really affect the times they put in.

Like Kendall Wright. That guy sure is faster than his 4.61 NFL Combine time. No one impresses me more in the NFL though than Megatron when it comes to pure athleticism.

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 12:00 AM
Should have seen Chris Johnson play a couple years ago back when he was good.

I'm just really happy Wilson plays for us and not some other NFC team

juice33s
10-11-2012, 12:11 AM
You can't put both TD's completely on Brown, Infact I'd say he was less to blame then some of the other culprits:

TD1- Giants were in a Tampa 2 zone, Brown was forced to stay on on top of the TE who was the first receiver to break open in his zone while Webster played shallow underneath. Meanwhile Gordon was on the complete other side of the field only to have his route drift back over to Browns side of the field. However at the time of the throw it was clear Blackburn and Rolle had picked up responsibility

TD2- Webster wiffed on a jam at the line which in turn did not give Brown enough time to get over the top. Also although Webster was in a trail technique, he was still in man and needed to stay tighter with Gordon.

Buddy333
10-11-2012, 12:46 AM
Lol. So what we have learned here is that saying Wilson runs a 3.9 is ridiculous and we've all been had. This has to be a joke. Well played. By the way, Brown admitted he was at fault for the 1st TD.

giantsfan420
10-11-2012, 12:59 AM
You can't put both TD's completely on Brown, Infact I'd say he was less to blame then some of the other culprits:

TD1- Giants were in a Tampa 2 zone, Brown was forced to stay on on top of the TE who was the first receiver to break open in his zone while Webster played shallow underneath. Meanwhile Gordon was on the complete other side of the field only to have his route drift back over to Browns side of the field. However at the time of the throw it was clear Blackburn and Rolle had picked up responsibility

TD2- Webster wiffed on a jam at the line which in turn did not give Brown enough time to get over the top. Also although Webster was in a trail technique, he was still in man and needed to stay tighter with Gordon.
thats how i saw it and why i said i fault rolle some too. he didnt have any wr challenging his responsibility aside from gordon really. but it was just a good play call that caught us in a tough spot

slipknottin
10-11-2012, 10:39 AM
It's not his responsibility for any underneath routes that break free. His job is to be the deepest defender at all times on his side of the field. So that play is entirely his fault.

The 2nd TD his angle to the receiver/ball was wrong. That was his play to make, and he was close enough to make it.

slipknottin
10-11-2012, 10:20 PM
I made a mistake, I said it was Trindon Holliday who was teammates at florida with Demps, it was Chris Rainey.

Rainey ran a 4.45 at the combine, which makes it even more ridiculous.

As Mayock said, the rumors say Rainey raced Demps and beat him twice.

So a player who ran 4.45 at the combine is faster than a guy who won an olympic medal for running. Id say Rainey more likely runs sub 4.3, perhaps closer to 4.2. But just ran poorly at the combine. His proday time was a 4.35, which is better, but still slow for someone who is olympic sprinter fast.

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 11:45 PM
It's not his responsibility for any underneath routes that break free. His job is to be the deepest defender at all times on his side of the field. So that play is entirely his fault.

The 2nd TD his angle to the receiver/ball was wrong. That was his play to make, and he was close enough to make it.

can you break down the responsibilities of rolle and philips in the other 50 TDs they gave up?.....stop this nonsense

slipknottin
10-12-2012, 12:21 AM
can you break down the responsibilities of rolle and philips in the other 50 TDs they gave up?.....stop this nonsense

We did not have all-22 footage of previous seasons

But give me any TD play this season and I can tell you who was at fault

KP was absolutely one of the best deep safeties in the league in terms of not allowing big plays, those guys usually don't get much recognition.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 07:09 AM
well right now he has a bum leg and would run around like brandon jacobs......he is NOT AVALILABLE

MikeyMike01
10-12-2012, 07:16 AM
I can't believe anyone would think Brown had a great game.

Captain Chaos
10-12-2012, 07:50 AM

I was thinking the same thing...thought he got sucked in too much in run support.

Joe Morrison
10-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Wilson has been a boost to kick return game that 's for sure, not making a big deal out of 1 play, Snee could have run through that hole, just kidding but it was one play.
Stevie Brwon, hope you get better every week, don't want another CC Brown or Dave Brown to contend with.

Best of luck, we need some Yutes to keep the team strong.