PDA

View Full Version : Ruh-roh, Marty B.

Rudyy
10-10-2012, 03:32 PM
@RVacchianoNYDN: TE Martellus Bennett says he "messed some s--t up" in his knee on Sunday. He hopes to play against 49ers, but isn't sure. #NYG

Moke
10-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Rough, really hope he'll be fine.

Toadofsteel
10-10-2012, 03:37 PM
We really need him. If we put the Unicorn/Bear combination on the field, we might even neutralize the SF pass rush!

Mbeach49er
10-10-2012, 03:38 PM
@RVacchianoNYDN: TE Martellus Bennett says he "messed some s--t up" in his knee on Sunday. He hopes to play against 49ers, but isn't sure. #NYG

WillisBowmanitis? Happens to teams that are about to play us.

Just kidding, seriously, your injury reports are like a MASH unit

Buddy333
10-10-2012, 03:47 PM
That's why I don't believe what a player says until I see him in pads and on the field. Hope he is ok.

njg85m
10-10-2012, 04:04 PM
The way his knee bent Sunday made me cringe.
No clue how he even got back on the field. He was visibly in pain and limping. Not good.

TuckandRolle
10-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Plenty of tweets also claimed Bennett will "without a doubt be ready for Sunday." I wouldn't read too much into it.

YATittle1962
10-10-2012, 04:19 PM
I smell smoke screen

similar to the Alex Smith finger saga

njg85m
10-10-2012, 04:27 PM
I smell smoke screen

similar to the Alex Smith finger saga

I don't know YA. I don't imagine many players, coaches, or teams in general are terrified of Alex Smith in the first place. Healthy or not.

YATittle1962
10-10-2012, 04:30 PM
no?

who is their back up ?

joemorrisforprez
10-10-2012, 04:33 PM
I believe in the Black Unicorn.

njg85m
10-10-2012, 04:35 PM
no?

who is their back up ?

I'd much rather play Alex Smith than Colin Kaepernick! That guy would be a freaking nightmare for our D compared to Alex Smith.

Moke
10-10-2012, 04:44 PM
I'd much rather play Alex Smith than Colin Kaepernick! That guy would be a freaking nightmare for our D compared to Alex Smith.

Something I actually agree with you on. +1

GMENAGAIN
10-10-2012, 04:46 PM

That is a ridiculous statement.

njg85m
10-10-2012, 04:52 PM

Please do explain?

Calling Alex Smith average would be very generous of me. Not saying the guy hasn't improved, because he has. But to think that he has had much at all to do with their recent success is ludicrous. He's literally surrounded by some of the most talented players in the league at almost every position. Think Mark Sanchez 2009 vs Mark Sanchez 2012 for a comparison. It's pretty much the same thing yet reversed.

Colin Kaepernick granted doesn't have the pro experience obviously, but his style of play is something that we simply don't match up well to in recent history.

Moke
10-10-2012, 04:54 PM

How is it ridiculous?

Giant stuck in Texas
10-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Please do explain?

Calling Alex Smith average would be very generous of me. Not saying the guy hasn't improved, because he has. But to think that he has had much at all to do with their recent success is ludicrous. He's literally surrounded by some of the most talented players in the league at almost every position. Think Mark Sanchez 2009 vs Mark Sanchez 2012 for a comparison. It's pretty much the same thing yet reversed.

Colin Kaepernick granted doesn't have the pro experience obviously, but his style of play is something that we simply don't match up well to in recent history.
I think what he's trying to get at is, Kaepernick and Newton are a similar breed of football player and this team handled Newton just fine.

I could be wrong though.........

GMENAGAIN
10-10-2012, 06:06 PM
How is it ridiculous?

The idea that Kaepernick is a better QB than Alex Smith at this time is ridiculous. What on earth could you base such a statement on? Other than a few Wildcat plays, Kaepernick has done nothing to show that he is a starting NFL QB.

Do you think that Harbaugh is starting Alex Smith over Kaepernick even though Kaepernick gives them a better chance to win?

The Giants would do cartwheels if Kaepernick started this game.

njg85m
10-10-2012, 06:09 PM
I think what he's trying to get at is, Kaepernick and Newton are a similar breed of football player and this team handled Newton just fine.

I could be wrong though.........

I disagree about them being too similar, I know what you're saying but Cam plays disciplined and a lot of the stuff he does with his feet is designed and called before the snap. Whereas Kaepernick is a backyard football, broken play play maker kind of QB who also has a heck of an arm. Those are the kinds of players we traditionally have trouble with...Especially when we aren't getting pressure.

njg85m
10-10-2012, 06:10 PM
The idea that Kaepernick is a better QB than Alex Smith at this time is ridiculous.

Is that what I said?

Moke
10-10-2012, 08:01 PM
The idea that Kaepernick is a better QB than Alex Smith at this time is ridiculous. What on earth could you base such a statement on? Other than a few Wildcat plays, Kaepernick has done nothing to show that he is a starting NFL QB.

Do you think that Harbaugh is starting Alex Smith over Kaepernick even though Kaepernick gives them a better chance to win?

The Giants would do cartwheels if Kaepernick started this game.

Is that what I said or the other guy said? I would
1)Sit down
2) Take a pen and a breather and a piece of paper
3) Re-evaluate.

giantsfan420
10-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Is that what I said or the other guy said? I would
1)Sit down
2) Take a pen and a breather and a piece of paper
3) Re-evaluate.

well u should be able to understand why theres confusion. by saying u'd rather face smith than kapernick, ur implying kapernick is the better qb

giantsfan420
10-10-2012, 08:12 PM
any update to the thread> did MB practice today?

Rudyy
10-10-2012, 09:05 PM
any update to the thread> did MB practice today? He didn't. I don't even think he showed up to practice. Says he's planning to play on Sunday though, but I'll believe it when I see it.

GMENAGAIN
10-11-2012, 07:36 AM
Is that what I said?

Eh, you said that you would much rather face Smith than Kaepernick, compared Smith to Mark Sanchez, stated that Smith has had nothing to do with SF's recent success and said that to call him average would be "generous". In light of those statements, to now say that you think Smith is a better QB than Kaepernick makes no sense whatsoever.

BlueReign
10-11-2012, 08:15 AM
well u should be able to understand why theres confusion. by saying u'd rather face smith than kapernick, ur implying kapernick is the better qb
Not necessarily, he could be saying that Kaepernick would be a worse matchup for our defense. But I think Smith would play better against the Giants. Think Tony Romo, agile and, as of late, accurate. Cam and Vick, your prototypical running QBs, didn't have ridiculous stat lines against us.

GMENAGAIN
10-11-2012, 10:34 AM
Not necessarily, he could be saying that Kaepernick would be a worse matchup for our defense. But I think Smith would play better against the Giants. Think Tony Romo, agile and, as of late, accurate. Cam and Vick, your prototypical running QBs, didn't have ridiculous stat lines against us.

So it would be a worse matchup for us to face a QB (Kaepernick) who is not as good as a QB (Smith) that, according to the poster, is: (1) average at best; (2) is comparable to Mark Sanchez; and (3) has had nothing to do with SF's recent success?

As I said in a prior post the Giants would be absolutely ecstatic if Kaepernick started this game.

TuckandRolle
10-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Alex Smith is the starter because he's a better QB.

njg85m
10-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Eh, you said that you would much rather face Smith than Kaepernick, compared Smith to Mark Sanchez, stated that Smith has had nothing to do with SF's recent success and said that to call him average would be "generous". In light of those statements, to now say that you think Smith is a better QB than Kaepernick makes no sense whatsoever.

Your response was after I said nothing other than Kaepernick would be a nightmare for our D and I'd rather face Smith than him. Not any of the other stuff. Saying that Alex Smith was not a terribly good QB and giving reasons to why I feel that way has absolutely nothing to do with my initial comment, and was said AFTER you called me first response ridiculous.
You seem to be grasping at straws at this point. At no time did I say Kaepernick was a better QB, I said he would be a nightmare for our defense because we have trouble matching up to his style historically.

GMENAGAIN
10-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Your response was after I said nothing other than Kaepernick would be a nightmare for our D and I'd rather face Smith than him. Not any of the other stuff. Saying that Alex Smith was not a terribly good QB and giving reasons to why I feel that way has absolutely nothing to do with my initial comment, and was said AFTER you called me first response ridiculous.
You seem to be grasping at straws at this point. At no time did I say Kaepernick was a better QB, I said he would be a nightmare for our defense because we have trouble matching up to his style historically.

I'm grasping at straws? Eh, ok.

Let me put my explanation is simpler terms for you. Your statement that Kaepernick would be a "nightmare" for our defense is ridiculous.

Is that a good enough explanation for you?

Mbeach49er
10-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Cant we all just get along .????

Wait, wrong board.....Giants gonna lose!

Rudyy
10-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Cant we all just get along .????

Wait, wrong board.....Giants gonna lose! You need to go to the Smack Talk forum for that.

njg85m
10-11-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm grasping at straws? Eh, ok.

Let me put my explanation is simpler terms for you. Your statement that Kaepernick would be a "nightmare" for our defense is ridiculous.

Is that a good enough explanation for you?

Sure, that's fine with me, it's your opinion.

In my opinion a broken play scrambling backyard QB like Kaepernick would be a nightmare for our D, especially when we can't get pressure. That's all I said, not that he's beetter.