PDA

View Full Version : Victor Cruz

Giants5699
10-10-2012, 02:38 PM
This guy is our best receiver. As great as Nicks is, Cruz is better.
Ranking receivers in the NFL
1)Megatron
2)Fitzbeast
3)Steve Smith (Carolina)
4) Welker
5) Cruz
6) Andre Johnson
7) AJ Green
8) Roddy White
9) Nicks
10) Percy Harvin.

Rudyy
10-10-2012, 02:38 PM
..Stop.

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Nicks is a far better receiver than Cruz.

Flip Empty
10-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Based on what?

What's the purpose of this thread?

Giants5699
..Stop.
Nah, I come to this forum to talk about football. I'm going to talk about football.

Rudyy
Nah, I come to this forum to talk about football. I'm going to talk about football. Not literally lol, but Nicks is definitely a better receiver.

Giants5699
Based on what?

What's the purpose of this thread?

They are both pretty much the same receiver. Cruz is more durable.

Rudyy
10-10-2012, 02:44 PM
They are both pretty much the same receiver. Cruz is more durable. Doesn't mean he's better, just more durable. IMO.

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 02:44 PM

They are not similar at all. In any aspect of their game

TheEnigma
10-10-2012, 02:46 PM
AJ Green and Roddy White are too low. Don't be surprised if Green ends up the #2 receiver in the NFL by the end of this year or the beginning of next season.

Flip Empty
10-10-2012, 02:48 PM
They are nowhere near the same - their games are very different. They complement each other well.

Durability shouldn't come in to the conversation. It has nothing to do with a player's ability.

RoanokeFan
10-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Cruz is better when Nicks is on the field and Nicks is better when Cruz is on the field.

pthere55
10-10-2012, 02:57 PM
I think you may be saying this because you dont see Nicks as often as you would like.

TheEnigma
10-10-2012, 02:57 PM
I am honestly curious: Where are the similarities between Nicks and Cruz? I suppose they both have good work ethic and have great production despite not being athletic monsters but that's about all I see.

TuckandRolle
10-10-2012, 03:00 PM
..Stop.

So this.

Giants5699
10-10-2012, 03:01 PM
I am honestly curious: Where are the similarities between Nicks and Cruz? I suppose they both have good work ethic and have great production despite not being athletic monsters but that's about all I see.

They both can do it all. Deep threat, shake defenders, catch anything within 10 feet of them... They are both deep threats and possession receivers. Very complete guys who can also block.

Diamondring
Cruz and Nicks are number one and almost the same even though different. I could be wrong but who cares, we have both of them.

CowboysSuck
You forgot the top 2 highest paid receivers in the NFL. Brandon Marshall and Vincent Jackson

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 03:03 PM
They both can do it all. Deep threat, shake defenders, catch anything within 10 feet of them... They are both deep threats and possession receivers. Very complete guys who can also block.

Cruz is not a deep threat at all. In fact he very rarely runs deep. His game is much more similar to Welker than it is to Nicks

Eli TO Shockey
10-10-2012, 03:04 PM
both are very good...both complement each other on the field....

that being said....Nicks is better ;)

TheEnigma
10-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Deep threat

That's most of the top receivers. Even Welker is a deep threat. I'd even say it's paramount these days that you can threaten a defense at any time to take it to the house from any distance if you want to be considered a top receiver.

shake defenders

I'd say that is definitely more of Cruz's game. Nicks can do it against lesser CBs but when he is matched up with good defenders, he relies on his hard physical play to reach out and grab passes that he well...has no business of doing lol. He pretty much abused Talib in the Bucs game with this sort of play.

catch anything within 10 feet of them

Wouldn't you say most of the top receivers in the league are also capable of this?

possession receivers

Depends on your definition of possession receiver. To me, that is a guy who makes clutch grabs on crucial plays but lacks significant YAC ability. Both of our receivers can make plays after the catch.

YATittle1962
10-10-2012, 03:13 PM

not a single aspect of their game is similar

quit while you are ahead

ryan12
10-10-2012, 03:14 PM
AJ Green and Roddy White are too low. Don't be surprised if Green ends up the #2 receiver in the NFL by the end of this year or the beginning of next season.

i agree about aj green

Giants5699
10-10-2012, 03:16 PM
not a single aspect of their game is similar

quit while you are ahead

I refuse to quit. I will continue to talk about football.

Giants5699
10-10-2012, 03:17 PM
i agree about aj green

AJ Green is great.

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Are Terrell Owens and Wes Welker similar players?

Giants5699
10-10-2012, 03:21 PM

No.. TO drops everything but sure touchdowns. Welker catches everything but touchdowns.

YATittle1962
I refuse to quit. I will continue to talk about football.

ok then talk about football instead of using some list based on your opinions as if they were fact

RoanokeFan

Silly question, one's unemployed :p

Giants5699
10-10-2012, 03:23 PM
ok then talk about football instead of using some list based on your opinions as if they were fact

Woah Woah Woah. Who said it was fact? This is a board to talk about different view points of football. I stated and defended my opinion. You stated your opinion and proceeded to be a huge jerk just because I disagreed with you. The only facts in football are wins, losses, stats, and rings. Stats are often misleading, but they are still a fact. Analyzing players is all opinion.

Giant stuck in Texas
10-10-2012, 03:24 PM
Cruz is better when Nicks is on the field and Nicks is better when Cruz is on the field.

This........couldn't have said it better myself.

They compliment each other and both demand double coverage. We couldn't possibly be more blessed at WR.

TheEnigma
10-10-2012, 03:24 PM
No.. TO drops everything but sure touchdowns. Welker catches everything but touchdowns.

That's a bit extreme lol. TO was able to work the underneath stuff if needed and Welker can make deep routes work but it's quite obvious what their main game really is.

YATittle1962
10-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Woah Woah Woah. Who said it was fact? This is a board to talk about different view points of football. I stated and defended my opinion. You stated your opinion and proceeded to be a huge jerk just because I disagreed with you.

first of all if you want to continue posting here please watch your tone

argue your opinions all you want

njg85m
10-10-2012, 03:38 PM
That list is a bit generous to Cruz and even more generous to Welker.

Giants5699
10-10-2012, 03:40 PM
first of all if you want to continue posting here please watch your tone

argue your opinions all you want

And as a moderator, you need to learn to be a bit less authoritative. This is a forum for Giants fans. I can understand banning trolls and rival jerks, but people like me just want to talk about Giants football and smack talk with rivals. Don't let the moderator thing get to your head. It isn't fair to the Giants fans who come here to burn some time at work when they run out of stuff to do and talk to other Giants fans about their views on the team. You called my opinions dumb in a very "I'm better than you" tone and then hid behind being a mod when I called you out. Angering you should not have the same effects as angering a police officer. Your job is to maintain a secure message board, not ban people who call you out because of conflicting opinions. We don't want Giants message boards to turn into HFboards where you get banned for saying the sky is deep blue instead of light blue.

burier
10-10-2012, 03:50 PM

LMAO

NYGabriel
10-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Nicks is no. 1 imho.

Plus, he doesn't care about the money. All he cares about are the caps.

Flip Empty
10-10-2012, 04:11 PM
You keep saying you want to "talk football", yet all you've done is offer up an ill-informed opinion with an argument to match.

Why do you think Cruz is better?

GMan-67
10-10-2012, 04:43 PM
they are different players, let's just go with that ... we have no issues at QB or WR ... those positions are a nice big GREEN check mark for us

how about Cruz is top 3 slot WR and Nicks is top 5 outside WR

YATittle1962
10-10-2012, 05:04 PM
And as a moderator, you need to learn to be a bit less authoritative. This is a forum for Giants fans. I can understand banning trolls and rival jerks, but people like me just want to talk about Giants football and smack talk with rivals. Don't let the moderator thing get to your head. It isn't fair to the Giants fans who come here to burn some time at work when they run out of stuff to do and talk to other Giants fans about their views on the team. You called my opinions dumb in a very "I'm better than you" tone and then hid behind being a mod when I called you out. Angering you should not have the same effects as angering a police officer. Your job is to maintain a secure message board, not ban people who call you out because of conflicting opinions. We don't want Giants message boards to turn into HFboards where you get banned for saying the sky is deep blue instead of light blue.

strike 2

telling a mod how to do his job ...and supposedly calling me out ?

get back to talking about football before you are really bored at work with no Giants message board to post on

...and I took no sort of "I'm better than you" tone

it is not my problem if you read a post and take it a manner other than was intended

GiantWarfare
10-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Before I go in-depth, both guys are #1s IMO and are very well-rounded, both have significant YAC ability and are dependable at converting on key down situations. Anyway here's my take:

Nicks is much more physical of a WR than Cruz and thus relishes physical play more so than his Giants counterpart. He has a great knack for boxing out the defender (like in basketball) and having excellent body control despite contact. He has great footwork at the beginning of his break to separate from a defender playing soft coverage, and the strength to fight off jams from a defender playing press. Able to absorb hits. Large hands, able to snatch passes from areas many other WRs cannot do regularly. An excellent blocker for a receiver (better than Cruz) in the run game. Not the fastest at his position but possesses more than capable game speed to be considered a legit deep threat. Nicks is the prototypical wideout, a nightmare for most DBs in general.

Cruz though able to play the sidelines very well, is naturally more of a slot receiver. He has great footwork at the top of his break to separate from the defender. Cruz is very elusive and very dynamic, has a knack for making defenders miss in the open field, and has a great feel for getting into the soft spot of the defense. As a receiver, he is a good blocker in the run game. Not the fastest at his position but possesses more than capable game speed to get over the top of a defense. Cruz is a problem for DBs in general but is a definite nightmare for whomever is playing nickel.

To sum it up, Nicks IMO is like a shorter Andre Johnson while Cruz is like a mix of Percy Harvin and Wes Welker.

Beelzeboss
10-10-2012, 05:33 PM
I am delighted to report that they are both GREAT receivers. Though both have their own styles and strengths, the only things that really matters is that they both catch balls for the G-MEN and they both scare the daylights out of opposing teams.

ps. Settle down fellas.