PDA

View Full Version : Manham disses Giants Organization

TheAnalyst
10-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Manningham said at a 49ers press conference that he couldn't ask for a better team or coaching staff then he has in San Fran and that its "good to have a defense that is tough".What a tard. Now that he isn't on our team its even more fun to poke at his intelligence.

slipknottin
10-10-2012, 08:01 PM
On the other hand, Jacobs seems to hate it over there.

TheAnalyst
10-10-2012, 08:04 PM
On the other hand, Jacobs seems to hate it over there.Jacobs wishes he was still a Giant.

Moke
10-10-2012, 08:04 PM
I think he was just saying how much he liked San Francisco. Doesn't seem like he was having hard feelings for the Giants.

RoanokeFan
10-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Manningham said at a 49ers press conference that he couldn't ask for a better team or coaching staff then he has in San Fran and that its "good to have a defense that is tough".What a tard. Now that he isn't on our team its even more fun to poke at his intelligence.

What do you expect him t say about his team?

bigjeep
10-10-2012, 08:06 PM

He's not with the Giants anymore, what would you like him to say?

Moke
10-10-2012, 08:07 PM
He's not with the Giants anymore, what would you like him to say?

That the 49ers suck and that that isn't the team for him.

Rudyy
10-10-2012, 08:09 PM
He didn't flat out say I hate the Giants, but the coaching staff comments are a little puzzling. Oh well, if that's how he feels, then so be it.

crossouttheeyes
10-10-2012, 08:10 PM
That the 49ers suck and that that isn't the team for him.
We chose to let him go. The Niners are a great fit for him. He wasn't dissing the Giants and anybody who is saying the 49ers defense isn't leaps and bounds better than the Giants is lying. Oh btw, our defense has been soft these first 5 weeks. That's not gonna fly against the niners.

giantsfan420
10-10-2012, 08:10 PM
lol, to add to mokes line of thought, SF was shocked when he said "I'm gonna do all I can to ensure the Giants not only win this game, but the SB"

RoanokeFan
10-10-2012, 08:12 PM
On the other hand, Jacobs seems to hate it over there.

I think Jacobs will always be a Giants at heart

Moke
We chose to let him go. The Niners are a great fit for him. He wasn't dissing the Giants and anybody who is saying the 49ers defense isn't leaps and bounds better than the Giants is lying. Oh btw, our defense has been soft these first 5 weeks. That's not gonna fly against the niners.

You're new here? Red is sarcasm.

Moke
lol, to add to mokes line of thought, SF was shocked when he said "I'm gonna do all I can to ensure the Giants not only win this game, but the SB"

Well then, he might have to pull a Kyle Williams

RoanokeFan
10-10-2012, 08:14 PM

I think he naturally wanted to start and that wasn't going to happen here and Reese was certainly not going to pay him starter money

crossouttheeyes
10-10-2012, 08:15 PM
You're new here? Red is sarcasm.
Haha, thanks for the info. That's definitely good to know.

Toadofsteel
10-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Yeah all I see in that is that he likes the SF organization. Not anything really shocking there... It's not like he said he loves playing for the Eagles or the Raiders or some actual trash heap...

Moke
10-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Haha, thanks for the info. That's definitely good to know.

:) no problem man. A lot of people still don't get it, so keep that in your head haha

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
10-10-2012, 08:17 PM
IM looking forward to this game more and more everyday.

Manningham is a idiot. He left bc he wanted to start, he left bc he want more balls thrown his way, and he left bc he wanted more money...to my knowledge I dont think he's gotten any of it. I'll always remember his catch in the SB...it was big time, but **** him now.

TheEnigma
10-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Nothing out of the ordinary here. Typical "I like the team and coaching staff" comment we see from most players when they become acclimated with their new team.

crossouttheeyes
10-10-2012, 08:21 PM
:) no problem man. A lot of people still don't get it, so keep that in your head haha
Not too difficult of a concept. Mario Manningham might even be able to get this one down.

Moke
10-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Not too difficult of a concept. Mario Manningham might even be able to get this one down.

I like the new guy already! I've been here longer than August 12 so don't think "august 12? and he's calling me new guy?"

chuckedafter5yards
10-10-2012, 08:26 PM
I love Mario, wish him only the best when not playing the Giants but he did score something like single digits in the Wonderlic test and frankly that hurt his chances of getting out on the field for the Gmen.

TheAnalyst
10-10-2012, 08:27 PM
What do you expect him t say about his team?Is expect him to say exactly what he said, something stupid. He could of played the political answer or at least say his current staff defense is great without shooting down the Giants. He didn't need to say that it felt good to have a tough defense like he never had before, or that his current coaching staff is better then the one that got him a SB ring and who he is playing in a couple of days. That's just dumb. But that's just Manningham.

Moke
10-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Is expect him to say exactly what he said, something stupid. He could of played the political answer or at least say his current staff defense is great without shooting down the Giants. He didn't need to say that it felt good to have a tough defense like he never had before, or that his current coaching staff is better then the one that got him a SB ring and who he is playing in a couple of days. That's just dumb. But that's just Manningham.

He literally said this, or are you perceiving it this way?

crossouttheeyes
10-10-2012, 08:30 PM
I like the new guy already! I've been here longer than August 12 so don't think "august 12? and he's calling me new guy?"
No worries man.

TheAnalyst
10-10-2012, 08:34 PM
He literally said this, or are you perceiving it this way?I'm taking it off that In Reese We Trust site, but it said he said that he could not ask for a better team or coaching staff then what he now has in SF. That's a shot at TC and the Giants. And the he goes overboard with the "defense that's tough" comment, basically calling our d soft.

Moke
10-10-2012, 08:35 PM
I'm taking it off that In Reese We Trust site, but it said he said that he could not ask for a better team or coaching staff then what he now has in SF. That's a shot at TC and the Giants. And the he goes overboard with the "defense that's tough" comment, basically calling our d soft.

I guess if you'd like to perceive it that way. I wouldn't look too deep into it. I think it's mostly a coincidence and he just needed to say something.

TheEnigma
10-10-2012, 08:40 PM
I guess if you'd like to perceive it that way. I wouldn't look too deep into it. I think it's mostly a coincidence and he just needed to say something.

I agree with this. As for the "defense that is tough" comment, I take that as a simple observation of the 49ers defense with no one else in mind. Using an analogy, I could switch from a F150 to a F250 and say that I like the fact the F250 is tough but it doesn't mean I'm implying that the F150 isn't.

jomo
10-10-2012, 08:41 PM
I would simply say that MM has found his place on this earth. Wink!

Moke
10-10-2012, 08:44 PM
I agree with this. As for the "defense that is tough" comment, I take that as a simple observation of the 49ers defense with no one else in mind. Using an analogy, I could switch from a F150 to a F250 and say that I like the fact the F250 is tough but it doesn't mean I'm implying that the F150 isn't.

nice analogy +1

Marvelousmik
10-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Is expect him to say exactly what he said, something stupid. He could of played the political answer or at least say his current staff defense is great without shooting down the Giants. He didn't need to say that it felt good to have a tough defense like he never had before, or that his current coaching staff is better then the one that got him a SB ring and who he is playing in a couple of days. That's just dumb. But that's just Manningham.

Stop being a little baby. He was most likely asked by a reporter what he thinks of his team and he said it feels good to have a tough defense and that he couldnt ask for a better coaching staff.. why must he give a political answer instead of speaking what is on his mind? and how is he dissing the "Giants organization".. ?

I would have said the same thing if i was manninham, and i am a die hard giants fan.

RoanokeFan
10-10-2012, 08:55 PM

Why is it "stupid"? How in the world did he "shoot down the Giants?" Really, that's just you.

NYGabriel
10-10-2012, 09:06 PM
I always liked Mario Manningham. Never understood the criticism he got but then again this is the Giants board.

JayMas9
10-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Everyone seemed to cover my response...so good job everyone. Complimenting his new team/staff, nothing more.

njersey
10-10-2012, 09:17 PM

Why is he a tard for showing loyalty to the team he is playing for? What did you expect?

NYGabriel
10-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Lol. Everyone's poking fun at the OP's intelligence.

barran21
10-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Not a diss, i see nothing wrong with his statement..

RoanokeFan
10-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Lol. Everyone's poking fun at the OP's intelligence.

Not his intelligence, his position on this issue.

nycisgreat
10-10-2012, 09:36 PM

He didn't diss the Giants. He plays for San Fran now. They do have a good coaching staff. The guy is simply stating bureaucratic rhetoric when you go to another team. He is just playing his cards right.

rainierjef
10-10-2012, 09:41 PM
How exactly did he diss the giants organization?

NYGabriel
10-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Not his intelligence, his position on this issue.

Lol. I was using artistic license in reference to the last line of the OP.

RoanokeFan
10-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Lol. I was using artistic license in reference to the last line of the OP.

Went right by me

Flip Empty
10-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Innocuous comment twisted into something it was never intended to be. OP may as well be a journalist.

Buddy333
10-10-2012, 11:32 PM
I found nothing wrong with what he said.

FlyingTruck
10-11-2012, 01:50 AM
You know I get stuff like that when you go from playing for a crappy team, to a much better team. But he JUST won a SB with us last season. Won't win another ring anytime soon I guarantee you that.

PRGiant
10-11-2012, 02:32 AM
What was he supposed to say? I hate niners? Jesus, some people here...

Joe Morrison
10-11-2012, 03:41 AM
With Nicks being roughed up and out just think of the catches he'd have from Eli by now, would have tripled the money he's getting on endorsements if he'd stayed in NY.

RoanokeFan
10-11-2012, 06:56 AM
Innocuous comment twisted into something it was never intended to be. OP may as well be a journalist.

OUCH!

RoanokeFan
10-11-2012, 06:57 AM
I found nothing wrong with what he said.

That's because he said nothing wrong :D

tonyt830
10-11-2012, 07:08 AM
Manningham is now a 49er. Its a business. He said nothing wrong, I wouldnt expect him to be down on his current team.

ponch inda face
10-11-2012, 09:05 AM

Ah man! Manningham is a good wide receiver and was instrumental in bringing another ring to the giants, but to expect him to be savvy enough to analize the question, think it through and devise a politically correct answer that would satisfy his current team and appease the fans of his former team is a bit too much to ask of 82.

He didn't knock the giants. He just repped his current squad. IMO nothing wrong with what he said.

embeshAtYa
10-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Remember mario is stupid. Lololololololol. Not worried one bit. Also cant wait to see jacobs tackled for losses

GMENAGAIN
10-11-2012, 10:39 AM
That's because he said nothing wrong :D

Exactly . . . where's the dis?

TuckandRolle
10-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Jacobs misses Ahmad and License Plate Joe.

TroyArcher
10-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Manningham is dumb, even by professional athlete standards. One look at his face and you can tell he was shortchanged when it came to brains.