PDA

View Full Version : 49ers sit Jacobs

Toadofsteel
10-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Brandon Jacobs irked by his San Francisco 49ers role (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000079233/article/brandon-jacobs-irked-by-his-san-francisco-49ers-role?module=HP11_content_stream)

If you had Week 6 in the Brandon-Jacobs-Expresses-Disillusionment-With-His-Current-Team pool, well, feel free to break into your signature victory dance.

Jacobs has yet to play a game for the San Francisco 49ers this season after suffering a knee injury during the preseason. The running back didn't sound thrilled about that reality as he discussed the 49ers' Sunday matchup against the New York Giants, the team with which he won two Super Bowl championships.

Read More... (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000079233/article/brandon-jacobs-irked-by-his-san-francisco-49ers-role?module=HP11_content_stream)

GMan-67
10-11-2012, 11:21 AM
knowing how Harbaugh is, Jacobs will dress this week and get a series, at least

figuring Brandon will be highly motivated

watching them vs. the Jets and using Kapernick far more effectively than the Jets use Tebow ... i felt that was a shot at the Jets ... now, of course, since it worked so well it is part of their scheme, but back to the point

expect Jacobs to dresss Sunday

Toadofsteel
10-11-2012, 11:25 AM
knowing how Harbaugh is, Jacobs will dress this week and get a series, at least

figuring Brandon will be highly motivated

watching them vs. the Jets and using Kapernick far more effectively than the Jets use Tebow ... i felt that was a shot at the Jets ... now, of course, since it worked so well it is part of their scheme, but back to the point

expect Jacobs to dresss Sunday

Yeah I wasn't expecting otherwise... I agree on the 49ers using schemes and players to basically mock their opponents, so I wouldnt be surprised to see him dress for the game (nor would I be surprised to see him trade uniform numbers with CJ Spillman for one week either)...

TheAnalyst
10-11-2012, 11:28 AM
49ers have some great backs though, not sure how much he will get. Gore and Hunter are their 1-2 for sure.

BlueSanta
10-11-2012, 01:20 PM
I love me some HIxon, but he is not in the same category of playmaker as Harvin.

BlueSanta
10-11-2012, 01:26 PM
I said it when he left for the 49ers, he will not be big contributor there. They have perhaps the deepest backfield in the league, that is without without him.

Gore and Hunter are a very good pair and people forget they also drafted Lamichael James. I expect BJ to be the last guy off the bench before season's end and the 49ers will regret spending that extra 500k over us on BJ.

I understood why MM left, he is young and had every right to pursue a bigger contributing role coming off a career highlight in the superbowl. But BJ? No, he did not leave for a good reason. He left the biggest market in the world, where he was loved and adored, over 500k in pay. 500k that he would have easily earned back in his lifetime via local endorsements which may possibly be in jeopordy now. Personally, and professionally that was a bad choice on his part.

DVision
10-11-2012, 02:00 PM
I love me some HIxon, but he is not in the same category of playmaker as Harvin.

???? I think you wandered into the wrong thread :)

CowboysSuck
10-11-2012, 02:06 PM

LOL, what?

GMENAGAIN
10-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Why was the title of this thread changed to make it seem like Jacobs is sitting this week when the article says no such thing?

Rod-Diggity
10-11-2012, 02:09 PM
boy is he pissed that he signed with them

Mbeach49er
10-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Niner fans dont expect Jacobs to suit upthis week, or much at all. He does not play special teams, and we would have to deactivate someone who does. Our third back now is anthony dixon who plays ST.

One thing that DOES not help, him running his mouth yesterday. Last year Braylon Edwards ran his trap, and was cut loose not long after. It is the Harbaugh way or the highway.

BuffyBlueII
10-11-2012, 03:56 PM
I said it when he left for the 49ers, he will not be big contributor there. They have perhaps the deepest backfield in the league, that is without without him.

Gore and Hunter are a very good pair and people forget they also drafted Lamichael James. I expect BJ to be the last guy off the bench before season's end and the 49ers will regret spending that extra 500k over us on BJ.

I understood why MM left, he is young and had every right to pursue a bigger contributing role coming off a career highlight in the superbowl. But BJ? No, he did not leave for a good reason. He left the biggest market in the world, where he was loved and adored, over 500k in pay. 500k that he would have easily earned back in his lifetime via local endorsements which may possibly be in jeopordy now. Personally, and professionally that was a bad choice on his part.

Heck, JR shouldn’t have caved in to Osi extorting NY Giants and not paid him and given 500K to Brandon Jacobs.

Brandon Jacobs was right to leave for 500K. It is a lot of money.

BuffyBlueII
10-11-2012, 03:58 PM
N
One thing that DOES not help, him running his mouth yesterday. Last year Braylon Edwards ran his trap, and was cut loose not long after. It is the Harbaugh way or the highway.

Look how tha tworked out when he went after Peyton Manning. I can hardly wait till Eli destroys 49ers this Sunday in front of their hometown maggot fans. 49er fans are among the lowest forms of life there is.

Toadofsteel
10-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Look how tha tworked out when he went after Peyton Manning. I can hardly wait till Eli destroys 49ers this Sunday in front of their hometown maggot fans. 49er fans are among the lowest forms of life there is.

I don't know what you're smoking bro... Everyone and their mother knows that it's the Eagles that are the lowest form of life on earth, and are practically life unworthy of life...

BlueSanta
10-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Heck, JR shouldn’t have caved in to Osi extorting NY Giants and not paid him and given 500K to Brandon Jacobs.

Brandon Jacobs was right to leave for 500K. It is a lot of money.

In October of 2011 Jacobs said he was likely leaving because he was "unhappy" with his role.

How happy do you think he is with his role in San Fran?

Oh and btw, that 500k is NOT guaranteed. It is in incentives. I am pretty sure to meet incentives you have to actually NOT be the 4th string RB.

It was a dumb move.

Mbeach49er
10-11-2012, 04:19 PM

Real Classy Buffy....LMAO Way to represent your fan base!

BuffyBlueII
10-11-2012, 04:25 PM
I don't know what you're smoking bro... Everyone and their mother knows that it's the Eagles that are the lowest form of life on earth, and are practically life unworthy of life...Obviously you haven't been to games in both stadiums. San Francisco 49er fans are lowlife pieces of filth. They are human detritus.

Rusty192
10-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Real Classy Buffy....LMAO Way to represent your fan base!I disagree with buffy that 49er fans are worse than eagle fans.

it is simply not the truth. you kinda have to live here to know what i'm talking about.

Toadofsteel
10-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Obviously you haven't been to games in both stadiums. San Francisco 49er fans are lowlife pieces of filth. They are human detritus.

In my experience, they are not. They just a little overambitious in cheering for their own team, which is not 100% a bad thing. Philly is infinitely worse. "Wearing a Giants Jersey to the Linc" should be handed down as in our judicial system as Capital Punishment to be honest...

BlueSanta
10-11-2012, 04:29 PM
I disagree with buffy that 49er fans are worse than eagle fans.

it is simply not the truth. you kinda have to live here to know what i'm talking about.

It is hard to say really. I dislike the Eagles more, but the 49er fans proved last year they are as bad as anyone when they rioted after losing the championship.

Toadofsteel
10-11-2012, 04:31 PM
It is hard to say really. I dislike the Eagles more, but the 49er fans proved last year they are as bad as anyone when they rioted after losing the championship.

Lots of places outside the NY area riot when they lose championships...

Giantz4Life
10-11-2012, 04:33 PM
I disagree with buffy that 49er fans are worse than eagle fans.

Yeah no one comes close to Eagle fans in terms of scumbags. Raiders are definitely up there though.

I was at a NJ Devils vs. Flyers game and I saw these 3 drunk Flyer fans corner a guy in the bathroom who was wearing a Devils jersey and was obviously mentally handicapped. I wanted to say something, but not to three drunks (ala Rangers fan who was a Marine/police officer who was badly beaten by 3 Flyers fans after the Winter Classic)Philly is straight up trash.

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Jacobs probably had gotten the word he would not be re-signed.......frankly he made a smart move from a financial viewpoint, and now can watch from the saftey of his living room
This game would not have been a good one to test his knee in.

Toadofsteel
10-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Jacobs probably had gotten the word he would not be re-signed.......frankly he made a smart move from a financial viewpoint, and now can watch from the saftey of his living room
This game would not have been a good one to test his knee in.

I still want to know who walked away first... BJ or JR?

Sundown
10-11-2012, 05:00 PM
If the giants win I know Jacobs will secretly be happy about it. Sounds like he hates it in San Fran. Rio looks the be enjoying the fakeness of Cali.

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 05:09 PM
It was time to bid Jacobs Farewell

I wish him the best in San Fran.......he'll probably wind up on the Jets, Buffalo, Miami, or Oakland next year.

nygsince1983
10-11-2012, 06:13 PM
???? I think you wandered into the wrong thread :)lol

jomo
10-11-2012, 06:52 PM
They know he is all in for us and don't want to risk anything by suiting him. lol

Marvin49
10-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Just an update...He doesn't "hate it in SF". LOL. He's frustrated that he isn't playing. He had a meeting today with harbaugh and changed his tune profoundly. Harbaugh assured him that he has a place on the team and they needed him healthy for December and January. There is no need to rush him back with Gore and Hunter in the backfield and both averaging 5.4 yards per carry.

I doubt any of you would care to see Niner preseason games, but that hit on his knee was NASTY. I'm amazed he didn't tear his ACL.

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 07:27 PM
I

Really- I think the Giants have the deepest backfield....hence why he had to leave- Bradshaw, Brown, Wilson, Scott........who else has 4 studs?
Think about it.......is a better value than any of those guys- absolutely not. We knew he had a bad knee for 2 -3 yrs

Frank Gore is ordinary.......we one held him to 9 yds for an entire game..........We have a rookie RB who most people think is better than Hunter
Who else do they have? Ol Brandon?

Marvin49
10-11-2012, 07:38 PM
I

Really- I think the Giants have the deepest backfield....hence why he had to leave- Bradshaw, Brown, Wilson, Scott........who else has 4 studs?
Think about it.......is a better value than any of those guys- absolutely not. We knew he had a bad knee for 2 -3 yrs

Frank Gore is ordinary.......we one held him to 9 yds for an entire game..........We have a rookie RB who most people think is better than Hunter

Frank Gore is NOT ordinary. Thats a ludicrous notion. He was held to 9 yards because they Giants at times had 8-9 in the box and he was INJURED in the first quarter. Hunter is better than you think and LaMichael James is buried on the depth chart and cant get himself active on gameday. That doesn't even account for Anthony Dixon who converted to FB just to stay on the roster.

Toadofsteel
10-11-2012, 07:42 PM
I

I'd say the backfields are about equal. Bradshaw showed he still has it in him to run, for sure. I'm still eating crow for calling him "washed out". Wilson has the most upside of anyone on this team. If he gets carries and more importantly can hold on to the ball (which I was impressed by his lack of fumbling in his KR duties), he could even run on SF's defense. Da'Rel Scott hasn't really shown me anything though... and Brown is injured.

Overall, the running games are equal, but SF gets the advantage due to their run defense while we can't even stop a scrub like Michael freaking Prick...

TheEnigma
10-11-2012, 07:44 PM
A guy with 8,000 career rushing yards and a 4.7 average is an ordinary RB these days? Gore is a better RB than anyone we've had since Tiki Barber left.

tikiandphil
10-11-2012, 07:54 PM
I agree. He has shown that he is a "get back" kind of guy.

Marvin49
10-11-2012, 08:17 PM
A guy with 8,000 career rushing yards and a 4.7 average is an ordinary RB these days? Gore is a better RB than anyone we've had since Tiki Barber left.

Logic.

Thank You.

He's not a burner...never has been. He has tremendous patience and vision which is why he is still very good now that he's gotten a bit older. He's averaging 5.4 yards per carry right now BTW. Very "ordinary".

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Frank Gore is NOT ordinary. Thats a ludicrous notion. He was held to 9 yards because they Giants at times had 8-9 in the box and he was INJURED in the first quarter. Hunter is better than you think and LaMichael James is buried on the depth chart and cant get himself active on gameday. That doesn't even account for Anthony Dixon who converted to FB just to stay on the roster.

and that constiutes the best RB tandem in the NFL........listen to yourself........9 yds is 9 yds man.........Chase Blackburn ate him up and spit him out that game

I remember the game well......and he was younger and stronger then

4.5 yds in the NFC WEST man!! Barf Barf

Marvin49
10-11-2012, 08:28 PM
and that constiutes the best RB tandem in the NFL........listen to yourself........9 yds is 9 yds man.........Chase Blackburn ate him up and spit him out that game

I remember the game well......and he was younger and stronger then

4.5 yds in the NFC WEST man!! Barf Barf

Actually he was younger, still recovering from a broken hip the previous year, and twisted his ankle in the game. ;-)

You also might want to take a look at the NFC West defenses. Just sayin'.

..and you act like 4.5 yards per carry is BAD. Emmitt Smith averaged 4.2 for his entire career and had one of the greatest O-Lines in the history of the NFL.

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 08:34 PM
He's no Tiki......Tiki sports the 4th best per carry avg in NFL history.....although few here will admit that...they hate him for some reason

If Frank Gore played in the NFC East he would be sitting home with Tiki

You have no idea what it is like to play in the NFC East.......it is BRUTAL

Yes I know all about Emmett....he did it in the NFC East

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 08:35 PM
If you think you can beat us with Frank Gore........ oh my

you better be able to pass and pass better than Alex ever has in his life

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Yeah I guess Frank has some Tiki in him, similar running style........whatever......let the Game begin

BlueSanta
10-11-2012, 10:25 PM
I

Your letting your heart rule your head if you think we have the deepest backfield, or are even close.

Gore alone has more NFL yards than our 4 combined.

GMENAGAIN
10-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Your letting your heart rule your head if you think we have the deepest backfield, or are even close.

Gore alone has more NFL yards than our 4 combined.
+1

Captain Chaos
10-12-2012, 07:36 AM
I don't think they will play BJ, they will wait for him to be back at full speed...they really don't need him!

Joe Morrison
10-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Money for nothing and chicks for free, enjoy the vacation BJ.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 11:05 AM
I don't think they will play BJ, they will wait for him to be back at full speed...they really don't need him!

That has all but been confirmed in the SF media. Jacobs had a sit down with Harbaugh and Harbaugh told him he is in a unique position to actually be able to completely heal before coming back. The Niners have Gore and Hunter ahead of him and if either of those guys got hurt they could still activate LaMichael James. They need Jacobs in Dec and Jan, not now.

Toadofsteel
10-12-2012, 11:08 AM
That has all but been confirmed in the SF media. Jacobs had a sit down with Harbaugh and Harbaugh told him he is in a unique position to actually be able to completely heal before coming back. The Niners have Gore and Hunter ahead of him and if either of those guys got hurt they could still activate LaMichael James. They need Jacobs in Dec and Jan, not now.

I still get the idea that IF he's active, he will see a series. Harbaugh doesn't seem to mind using his opponent's tactics (like Kaepernick learning how to be Tebow, probably for practice, then ends up doing it for real against the Jets). If not, we'd probably get to see the receivers do their best impression of a read-option offense...

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 11:17 AM
He's no Tiki......Tiki sports the 4th best per carry avg in NFL history.....although few here will admit that...they hate him for some reason

If Frank Gore played in the NFC East he would be sitting home with Tiki

You have no idea what it is like to play in the NFC East.......it is BRUTAL

Yes I know all about Emmett....he did it in the NFC East

We could argue the Tiki thing, but last I checked Tiki is RETIRED. We aren't comparing Gore to Tiki. The comparison is to CURRENT Giants and you are saying Gore is "ordinary". The guy has had two of the worst Head Coaches I've ever seen that pretty much lined him up and ran him against 8 man fronts on every down and he STILL average 4+ yards per carry and gets his 1000.

Jeez.....more NFC East talk. I admit it's a tough division, but you act like nobody in any other division can tackle. Right now, 4 of the best defenses in the NFL reside in the NFC West. They didn't just get good overnight. Those defenses have been improving every single year. What has limited the NFC West has been a lack of great QBs. Your comments about Frank in the NFC West are completely misinformed.

Yeah dude....I'm aware of where Emmitt played. My point was that he averaged 4.2 and you are being critical of a player with a career 4.7 average.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 11:24 AM
I still get the idea that IF he's active, he will see a series. Harbaugh doesn't seem to mind using his opponent's tactics (like Kaepernick learning how to be Tebow, probably for practice, then ends up doing it for real against the Jets). If not, we'd probably get to see the receivers do their best impression of a read-option offense...

There is some truth to that in Harbaughs style, but he doesn't really play that way. Its the same thing with Moss. Peeps in the National media only think of a depth chard....#1 WR, #2 WR, #3 WR, etc. It doesn't work that way in SF. Crabtree plays most often, but wich WR plays is mostly based on the offensive package and which WR they think best fits what is trying to be accomplished. For example....on the 49ers first long TD against the Bills, it was a jumbo package with ONE WR on the field, and it was their "#4" WR Kyle WIlliams. Moss isn't being dissed by lack of playing time, He is just typically in the Red Zone package because hes a threat in the endzone. Whenever he's been in the game anywhere else he's been double and triple covered and has opened things up for Vernon and Crabtree.

I meantion all this because it related to Jacobs. He wouldn't get a full series, but the WOULD have a certain package of plays that were made for him that I'm sure Harbaugh would roll out. The 49ers had NINE guys with a rush attempt vs the Jets and SEVEN against the Bills.

BillTheGreek
10-13-2012, 08:19 AM
We could argue the Tiki thing, but last I checked Tiki is RETIRED. We aren't comparing Gore to Tiki. The comparison is to CURRENT Giants and you are saying Gore is "ordinary". The guy has had two of the worst Head Coaches I've ever seen that pretty much lined him up and ran him against 8 man fronts on every down and he STILL average 4+ yards per carry and gets his 1000.

Jeez.....more NFC East talk. I admit it's a tough division, but you act like nobody in any other division can tackle. Right now, 4 of the best defenses in the NFL reside in the NFC West. They didn't just get good overnight. Those defenses have been improving every single year. What has limited the NFC West has been a lack of great QBs. Your comments about Frank in the NFC West are completely misinformed.

Yeah dude....I'm aware of where Emmitt played. My point was that he averaged 4.2 and you are being critical of a player with a career 4.7 average.

Marvin , you have a lot of good points, remember I told you I was concered about Vernon, and now you got me worried about Gore and Hunter ! They only good thing is we have the 4th Quarter and about 3 minutes left in the game, you know who's comming and it's not Johnny ! It's the man of Steel !........Are you sure you want to watch the end of the game. OK, I warned you ! Oh give my regards to K. Williams, I like his style !
Go NY Giants

Toadofsteel
10-13-2012, 08:40 AM
There is some truth to that in Harbaughs style, but he doesn't really play that way. Its the same thing with Moss. Peeps in the National media only think of a depth chard....#1 WR, #2 WR, #3 WR, etc. It doesn't work that way in SF. Crabtree plays most often, but wich WR plays is mostly based on the offensive package and which WR they think best fits what is trying to be accomplished. For example....on the 49ers first long TD against the Bills, it was a jumbo package with ONE WR on the field, and it was their "#4" WR Kyle WIlliams. Moss isn't being dissed by lack of playing time, He is just typically in the Red Zone package because hes a threat in the endzone. Whenever he's been in the game anywhere else he's been double and triple covered and has opened things up for Vernon and Crabtree.

I meantion all this because it related to Jacobs. He wouldn't get a full series, but the WOULD have a certain package of plays that were made for him that I'm sure Harbaugh would roll out. The 49ers had NINE guys with a rush attempt vs the Jets and SEVEN against the Bills.

To be honest, I still get the idea that Kaepernick's option package arose out of the fact that he had to play the role of Tebow in practice, and did it a little too well...

And I can definitely get the the niners use that many different rushers... Eli completed passes to 8 different receivers last week. Maybe "series" is the wrong word, but I can't see Jacobs not staying on the bench if he's active.

Redeyejedi
10-13-2012, 09:40 AM
In October of 2011 Jacobs said he was likely leaving because he was "unhappy" with his role.

How happy do you think he is with his role in San Fran?

Oh and btw, that 500k is NOT guaranteed. It is in incentives. I am pretty sure to meet incentives you have to actually NOT be the 4th string RB.

It was a dumb move. It was really stupid dont know what he was thinking. he knew going through the door he was at best the 3rd RB and more likely 4th

gmen0820
10-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Hmm wonder why, I mean he was the best thing since sliced bread over here...

BParcells777
10-13-2012, 10:24 AM
thats a shame as we know exactly which knee to attack LOL