PDA

View Full Version : yay Hakeem Nicks is practicing

drewz
10-11-2012, 01:44 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/10/nicks-returns-to-the-practice-field

The only people not practicing were Bernard, Bennet and Phillips..

Rudyy
10-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Bennett on the sideline with trainers. Appears to be moving well.

Giants5699
10-11-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm licking my chops... Hosley+Rivers+Boley is a HUGE boost for the defense.

Toadofsteel
10-11-2012, 01:53 PM
I know... PF might actually blitz with that talent...

RoanokeFan
10-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Eli may have Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, Randle and Barden for Sunday. And then we have Bennett (hopefully), Pascoe, Hynoski, Bradshaw, and Wilson to "throw" into the mix. OH, and Beatty :rolleyes:

RoanokeFan
10-11-2012, 01:56 PM

I'd like them to send Stevie Brown off the edge

Robz
10-11-2012, 02:01 PM

yep, i love those corners blitzes with hosley on the edge...need to do more to get pressure on smith

DJloves
10-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Wow, that's almost a fully healthy roster.

Is there any hope that Bernard or Phillips will play Sunday?

TheEnigma
10-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Ugh, we could really use Phillips. The idea of Vernon Davis going deep on us without him is a scary thought.

drewz
10-11-2012, 02:09 PM
If Bernard can't go this Sunday, Marvin Austin has to get the start over Kuhn.. I like Kuhn because of his high motor, but we get gashed by the run when he's in the game, and the 49ers are very physical in the trenches.

rtahsin
10-11-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm happy that Rivers is gonna play but I'm a bit afraid that he'll be a bit rusty and not at game speed yet. He's been out since the opening game.

rainierjef
10-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Eli may have Nicks, Crux, Hixon, Randle and Barden for Sunday. And then we have Bennett (hopefully), Pascoe, Hynoski, Bradshaw, and Wilson to "throw" into the mix. OH, and Beatty :rolleyes:

Dare i say, we don't need bennet if he is hobbling too much with that Receiver core?

rainierjef
10-11-2012, 02:22 PM
If Bernard can't go this Sunday, Marvin Austin has to get the start over Kuhn.. I like Kuhn because of his high motor, but we get gashed by the run when he's in the game, and the 49ers are very physical in the trenches.

And you think it would be better with Austin starting?

rainierjef
10-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Ugh, we could really use Phillips. The idea of Vernon Davis going deep on us without him is a scary thought.

someone needs to get hands on him at the line, throw him off his route. That alone can interrupt the timing between him and smith, tough task I know.

burier
10-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Dare i say, we don't need bennet if he is hobbling too much with that Receiver core?

no

Buddy333
10-11-2012, 02:31 PM
If they don't have Bennett for this game they will have some serious issues with their running game. He is also a huge target and draws attention on the passing game. If Bernard can't go that is another huge problem. We saw last week that a rookie and a guy who is trying to get his legs back after not playing for 3 years won't cut it. Now they are facing the best running team. Not the ideal situation to be in. As far as Nicks, I'm waiting for tomorrow's report before I get to excited. Lets see how his knee is after a day of practice. They need him. I hope he feels great tomorrow.

Rudyy
10-11-2012, 02:32 PM
We still need Bennett to help blocking.

TuckandRolle
10-11-2012, 02:34 PM
yep, i love those corners blitzes with hosley on the edge...need to do more to get pressure on smith

Hosley's a fantastic blitzer from the slot. Blitz him and keep Brown in run coverage.

TuckandRolle
10-11-2012, 02:35 PM

J Williams and Rivers main objective will be to slow this man down.

Buddy333
10-11-2012, 02:38 PM
To bad they had to lose Hill.

Ruttiger711
10-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Would be great to see Rivers back at full speed - in his limited play, he seemed very very impressive.

rainierjef
10-11-2012, 02:43 PM
I think betty would be fine by himself, why risk furhter injury if ( and i am saying if ) the problem is worst than what we are being led on to believe. Scheme better to work around the weaknesses of the Line without Bennett.

just saying

Rod-Diggity
10-11-2012, 02:48 PM
I hope they don't put prince on moss I love what the kid's been doing lately but I'm not sure he's ready for moss. I don't care how old he is he still can fly and catch over people if given the opportunity

DVision
10-11-2012, 02:54 PM

Kuhn may have struggled with gap integrity but at least he wasn't getting pushed 10 yards downfield by double teams like Austin was! Rocky not playing could be huge this week!

BrianK01
10-11-2012, 02:58 PM
I think betty would be fine by himself, why risk furhter injury if ( and i am saying if ) the problem is worst than what we are being led on to believe. Scheme better to work around the weaknesses of the Line without Bennett.

just saying
Bennett is a HUGE part of the reason why our running game is starting to click

Ruttiger711
10-11-2012, 02:59 PM
I hope they don't put prince on moss I love what the kid's been doing lately but I'm not sure he's ready for moss. I don't care how old he is he still can fly and catch over people if given the opportunity

Can he though? As far as I can tell he had a short catch for his one TD this year - you have to go back to 2010 for any touchdowns before that.

Rod-Diggity
10-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Can he though? As far as I can tell he had a short catch for his one TD this year - you have to go back to 2010 for any touchdowns before that.
I don't think they have given him many opportunities to, seems like when he's in they run the ball mostly. Just seems like a perfect trap to put a young kid like prince on him and his old self all of sudden returns. I rather put webby on him since he's had experience with him before.

Buddy333
10-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Prince is very fast. Moss does have the height and experience though.

Ruttiger711
10-11-2012, 03:25 PM
I don't think they have given him many opportunities to, seems like when he's in they run the ball mostly. Just seems like a perfect trap to put a young kid like prince on him and his old self all of sudden returns. I rather put webby on him since he's had experience with him before.

Yeah it's definitely not something we want to find out the hard way - he can't be slept on.

Crabtree - Rio - Davis and Moss with Gore in the back is going to have this D on high alert... But then again Nicks, Cruz, Bennett and Hixon with Bradshaw in the back ain't too shabby either :).

RoanokeFan
10-11-2012, 03:30 PM

I think we need him BUT not at the expense of the immediate future. The guy played hurt last week and now has done something to his knee. Pascoe is there and we also have Robinson.

rtahsin
10-11-2012, 06:15 PM
I think we need him BUT not at the expense of the immediate future. The guy played hurt last week and now has done something to his knee. Pascoe is there and we also have Robinson.I totally forgot about Adrien Robinson. No one has mentioned a word regarding him ever since Mike Pope took him under his wing to train him. I think Robinson comes in when we're really desperate because from what I recall this kid is extremely raw.