PDA

View Full Version : PFT's Week Six Picks

RoanokeFan
10-11-2012, 03:39 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/11/pfts-week-six-picks-3/related/

Excerpt: "Last week, the “mild” concussion to RG3 prevented me from taking a “major” lead over MDS in the picks contest.

Robert Griffin III (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7406/robert-griffin-iii) exited, the Redskins lost, and what would have been a two-game win for the week turned into a push, with both of us going 10-4.

This week, Robert Griffin III is back, and his team’s game against the Vikings once again will decide whether someone gets a two-game swing, or whether we tie once again.

For the year, there’s still no tie. I’m leading the way at 49-28, and MDS is 47-30.

Giants at 49ers

MDS’s take: Tom Coughlin says no one is giving his team a chance in this game. I wouldn’t go quite so far as to say the Giants don’t have a chance, but I would say the way the 49ers have played the last couple weeks, on both sides of the ball, I have a hard time seeing the Giants’ path to a win.

MDS’s pick: 49ers 31, Giants 17.

Florio’s take: This is precisely the kind of game the Giants ordinarily win. And if they hadn’t won in San Francisco in January en route to a Super Bowl victory, the Giants would win. No amount of Rodney Dangerfield cliches from coach Tom Coughlin will overcome the fact that the 49ers are hungrier and, for now, better. There’s a chance it will get ugly.

Florio’s pick: 49ers 31, Giants 24." Read more...

Sundown
10-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Good I hope all the analyst doubt them.

timmytimm3
10-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Just like we didn't have a chance of containing Cam Newton and the Panthers...

TuckandRolle
10-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Love the hate. Keep it coming!

Buddy333
10-11-2012, 04:39 PM
They both have reasonable ways of looking at the game. Hopefully they are wrong.

Rusty192
10-11-2012, 05:00 PM
They both have reasonable ways of looking at the game. Hopefully they are wrong.Yeah but it's better for you guys if the Giants lose, gives the eagles a better chance at the division.

GameTime
10-11-2012, 05:07 PM
the Giants really need to win this game. Its a big game versus a very good team. Also a conference game. With two div losses they need as many NFC wins as they can get.

Rusty192
10-11-2012, 05:20 PM
the Giants really need to win this game. Its a big game versus a very good team. Also a conference game. With two div losses they need as many NFC wins as they can get.lol I glance at your avi and think your a 49er fan since so many of them have invaded our MB.

Buddy333
10-11-2012, 05:52 PM
the Giants really need to win this game. Its a big game versus a very good team. Also a conference game. With two div losses they need as many NFC wins as they can get.Actually they don't have o win this game. I mean I want hem to because they a quality opponent, but at tis point in the season they would still control their own destiny if they lost.

sharick88
10-11-2012, 06:15 PM
They're entitled to their opinion. They aren't really saying anything about matchups. Whatever

rtahsin
10-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Love the hate. Keep it coming!I wouldn't really call that hate. To the non-fan the logical choice would be to pick the 49ers. They have been playing a better pedigree of football than the NYG against better opponents. They have dominated their opponents from the start whereas we have had to play catchup. But all Giants fans know that regardless of who we're playing, we can never be counted out. There's a good chance we win this game. I have a feeling the defense will play lights out this game.

GameTime
10-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Actually they don't have o win this game. I mean I want hem to because they a quality opponent, but at tis point in the season they would still control their own destiny if they lost.

technically they dont have to but for many other reasons they do......

RoanokeFan
10-11-2012, 07:41 PM
technically they dont have to but for many other reasons they do......

We can survive a loss, but not a "we didn't show up" game

Buddy333
10-11-2012, 11:04 PM
We can survive a loss, but not a "we didn't show up" gameEh, they did last year. Remember the Saints game? For TE record I want them to win every game and won't be happy about a loss of any kind. Just saying that even though we don't want them to lose, we have seen it before. Not that it will work the same way every year though.

Captain Chaos
10-12-2012, 08:40 AM
We have them right were we want them! Yes! we are the underdogs!

miked1958
10-12-2012, 10:16 AM
the Giants really need to win this game. Its a big game versus a very good team. Also a conference game. With two div losses they need as many NFC wins as they can get.relax. normally we start out 7-1 to 6-2 in first eight games then come crashing to earth in second half of season. maybe we do it the opposite this time around. Or just like we did it last year. losing to both GB and SF during year and returning the favor in playoffs