PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Gilbride not worried about ex-Giants sharing secrets of offense with 49ers

RoanokeFan
10-11-2012, 04:54 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/kevin_gilbride_not_worried_abo.html#incart_river)

Excerpt: "Mario Manningham, the former Giants receiver who now plays for the 49ers, said he's been coaching his new teammates up on his old offense.

He can offer the San Francisco defensive backs information on "what's going to happen here, things like that," he said on a conference call yesterday. He's also letting them in on how Eli Manning thinks.

"I know what’s going on," said Manningham, who played four seasons for the Giants. "I share it with them."

Between Manningham and running back Brandon Jacobs -- who spent his first seven NFL seasons with the Giants before signing with San Francisco -- how concerned is offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride?" Read more...

giantsfan420
10-11-2012, 04:57 PM
no "rocket" or "east(or west) go go" bc i know what they mean as a fan, im sure MM and BJ can tell them what some checks used to mean. if KG/Eli were smart, they'd change the meanings to the same terms MM/BJ know. but then again if Harboner was smart, and he is, he prob wouldnt even find the info useful

RoanokeFan
10-11-2012, 05:10 PM
no "rocket" or "east(or west) go go" bc i know what they mean as a fan, im sure MM and BJ can tell them what some checks used to mean. if KG/Eli were smart, they'd change the meanings to the same terms MM/BJ know. but then again if Harboner was smart, and he is, he prob wouldnt even find the info useful

I have nothing factual for saying this, but I don't think Jacobs would tell them anything about the Giants. But, even if he did, I honestly don't see how it's going to make a difference. Our offense does react to the defense presented on every play.

GameTime
10-11-2012, 05:12 PM
eehh...
whatever.......the game will be played and the Giants need to play a great game either way....

ashleymarie
10-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Meh. There is many a slip betwixt a cup and a lip.:)

giantsfan420
10-11-2012, 06:12 PM
I have nothing factual for saying this, but I don't think Jacobs would tell them anything about the Giants. But, even if he did, I honestly don't see how it's going to make a difference. Our offense does react to the defense presented on every play.
i know ur sentiment with the BJ comment. I too picture him still as a NY Giant, just taking a side job for a lil. Cant imagine him doing anything that could cause harm to the team...he's earned that, having fans remember him in his glory day willing to kill for the team...

ashleymarie
10-11-2012, 06:19 PM
i know ur sentiment with the BJ comment. I too picture him still as a NY Giant, just taking a side job for a lil. Cant imagine him doing anything that could cause harm to the team...he's earned that, having fans remember him in his glory day willing to kill for the team...

Word.

RoanokeFan
10-11-2012, 06:22 PM
eehh...
whatever.......the game will be played and the Giants need to play a great game either way....

I see an offensive shoot out in the making

GameTime
10-11-2012, 06:32 PM
I see an offensive shoot out in the making

you think??...
IDK what to think yet. I guess the offenses and defesnses match up talent wise. I hope the Giants D turns a corner this weekend and stops the run as well as the get to Smith.

RoanokeFan
10-11-2012, 06:39 PM
you think??...
IDK what to think yet. I guess the offenses and defesnses match up talent wise. I hope the Giants D turns a corner this weekend and stops the run as well as the get to Smith.

I think the defense is going to get enough pressure on Smith to make him throw early and Eli will be on is game.

We have Amukamara who seems to get better every week and Hosley and Rivers will be available. Stevie Brown has shown some impressive instincts and I hope they unleash him on blitzes.

YATittle1962
10-11-2012, 06:44 PM
they could literally swap playbooks and it would not matter

play the game

jomo
10-11-2012, 06:48 PM

play the gameSimple truth YA.

Tuckit91
10-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Meh. There is many a slip betwixt a cup and a lip.:)

REGULATORS, MOUNT UP!

RoanokeFan
10-11-2012, 06:56 PM

play the game

Now that's hard to argue

Toadofsteel
10-11-2012, 07:38 PM
They can't show Jimmy anything that game film on us can't either...

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 07:46 PM
So that's how they play it

NICE!! Good info

Toadofsteel
10-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Hey man, all I know is that when you hear OMAHA, get ready to run. Pure and simple...

Ruttiger711
10-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Well we have a new wrinkle this year that Rio doesnt know about.... Eli yells "HARD!" right before a hard count. They wont know whats coming. :)

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 08:15 PM
I hope the Giants are practicing the hard count this week.......they should be easy to draw offside

giantsfan420
10-12-2012, 01:56 AM
no way r we gonna see eli try his cadence he uses when playing at home to draw them offsides. it'll be way too loud when our O is on the field, and it could lead to needless false starts imo

22for25
10-12-2012, 02:23 AM
Mario hardly knew the offense while he was here, I'm not to worried he will tell them much. The only thing he is good at is running the wrong route and getting the ball picked.

DragonSoul
10-12-2012, 03:37 AM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/kevin_gilbride_not_worried_abo.html#incart_river)

Excerpt: "Mario Manningham, the former Giants receiver who now plays for the 49ers, said he's been coaching his new teammates up on his old offense.

He can offer the San Francisco defensive backs information on "what's going to happen here, things like that," he said on a conference call yesterday. He's also letting them in on how Eli Manning thinks.

"I know what’s going on," said Manningham, who played four seasons for the Giants. "I share it with them."

Between Manningham and running back Brandon Jacobs -- who spent his first seven NFL seasons with the Giants before signing with San Francisco -- how concerned is offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride?" Read more...I wish manningham knew how to stay inbounds more times than not. Well thats if he really knew what was going on. BTW how is he doing with Alex?

Captain Chaos
10-12-2012, 07:22 AM
They likely can get the same from the film....Not that big a deal.

TroyArcher
10-12-2012, 10:20 AM

He can offer the San Francisco defensive backs information on "what's going to happen here, things like that," he said on a conference call yesterday. "I know what’s going on," said Manningham, who played four seasons for the Giants. "I share it with them."

Between Manningham and running back Brandon Jacobs -- who spent his first seven NFL seasons with the Giants before signing with San Francisco -- how concerned is offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride?" Read more...

He's also letting them in on how Eli Manning thinks.

No offense to Mario but he is dumb as a brick.

Toadofsteel
10-12-2012, 10:23 AM
I hope the Giants are practicing the hard count this week.......they should be easy to draw offside

Imagine if we incorporated omaha into the hard count... we could pull an offside on every freaking play.

nhpgiantsfan
10-12-2012, 10:41 AM

Do you really think Jacobs is more loyal to the Giants than he is to his current employer. Of coarse he is going to share whatever he can, and nobody can blame him for doing that. How do you think his teammates and coaches would view him if he refused to do whatever is necessary to help his team win. I'm not saying he has all the answers and I'm sure TC and KG will do what they need to do to prepare for this. But, people are kidding themselves if they think BJ is not going to try and give his new team that he is trying to fit in with, every possible advantage.

RoanokeFan
10-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Do you really think Jacobs is more loyal to the Giants than he is to his current employer. Of coarse he is going to share whatever he can, and nobody can blame him for doing that. How do you think his teammates and coaches would view him if he refused to do whatever is necessary to help his team win. I'm not saying he has all the answers and I'm sure TC and KG will do what they need to do to prepare for this. But, people are kidding themselves if they think BJ is not going to try and give his new team that he is trying to fit in with, every possible advantage.

He's not happy in San Francicso. The truth is it doesn't matter what he or Mario tell them. I prefaced my comment saying I had no factual basis for what was to follow. I also think he will ask to retire as a Giants when the time comes.

TextureDj
10-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Imagine if we incorporated omaha into the hard count... we could pull an offside on every freaking play.

Does amyone remember, during the latter part of '07 when the team started to play well leading up to the superbowl run, as well as the entire '08 season, (of course pre-sweatpant-pistolgate) when Eli and the hard count were unstoppable?

We went from having hard count that could all but guarantee a conversion on 4th and 5, to the most predictable snap count in the league. It really is a powerful tool to have, being able to draw penalties to continue a series even softens up the defense overall. Our O-line would stop getting blown off the damn ball every snap if we could get that hard count back again.

Wonder why we moved away from that? Its obviously a choice right? It cant be a known fact everywhere, but a secret in the Giants clubhouse that our snap count is crystal clear to the opposition. Not even talking division rivals here, AFC teams know when to tee off after the second Omaha.

BROADWAYSTORM
10-12-2012, 01:57 PM
The niners should already know that if Manningham says go route it really means skinny post. Or a slant is a screen. And left is really right. And up is down.

njg85m
10-12-2012, 02:19 PM

Brandon Jacobs will forever be a New York Giant.

I look forward to the day that he signs a 1 day contract with us and retires a Giant.

Medisleman
10-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Have you ever heard Manningham interviewed? He can catch, but he isn't the brightest bulb in the box. I am not too worried about him "coaching" his guys up. I wouldn't let Mario coach up a peewee league team let alone an NFL defense.