PDA

View Full Version : Are the 49ers who everybody say they are?

NJBLUE
10-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Let's see, they beat Greenbay who are playing like crap this year.

Detroit wh I honestly have not followed and don't know about

They lost to the Vikings who appear to be a great team of the same caliber of us.

But then came off of that lost and completely destroyed a disfunctional and poor excuse for a franchise NY Jets

And then turned around humiliated the practice squad known as the Bills

Now my question is, so far the lost to a great team, beat a decent tesm and murdered two sorry teams. Are the 49ers who everyone says they are? Because according to the radio and telivision, we don't stand a chance!

Even though I disagree and believe it will be tough, I think they are just as worried about us! Also, I believe we will crush them because we have a better QB and we have a better team!

I'm not an x and 0 guy, I'm still learning the game, but I'm just asking you are the 49ers as big and bad as they say?

Gimaniac
10-11-2012, 07:50 PM
49ers are a good team, however the Giants can play with anyone when they are on, so its a matter of execution.

The fact that no one gives us a chance, seems to play out in our favor every time.

Marvin49
10-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Well....I'm a Niner fan so I'll try not to be too homeristic in saying this, but yes...they are that good.

Thats not to say the Giants don't have a chance though. The Giants have a way of playing up to the better teams so this is anything but in the bag for SF.

I can break down the games in question....

1) GB: The Niners really dominated that game. It was 23-7 at one point and the Packers were beaten down. Then the refs giftwrapped them a TD on a CLEAR block in the back on a punt return. That gave the Packers life until the Niners intercepted a Rodgers pass and ran it in for a score on the next play. The last GB TD was really in garbage time. Even tho the game ended only 8 pts apart, that doesn't really reflect the game.

2) Det: The Niner dominated this game as well despite actually not playing all that well. Dropped passes all over the field and bad penalties. Despite all that they were still up by 2 scores with 2 minutes left. At that point Stafford had only passed for about 130 yards. More garbage time yards and points made it look closer than it was. At this point in the season, the Niners had thoroughly dominated two teams and neither score really reflected that.

3) Minn: I'm not going to do the "they beat themselves" speech because that disrespects a pretty good Viking team. I will say that the Niners came out more flat in that game than any game in the Harbaugh Era. The Vikings just came to play and the Niners were half asleep at the wheel. I've read on this site how the way to beat the Niners is to just keep running it and that the Vikings did so well. Not so fast. Adrian Peterson did have 89 yards on 25 carries, but 21 of those yards came one one carry at the end of the game. He had been bottled up for most of the game. Even with that one run, he averaged 3.4 yards a carry. The guy that REALLY hurt the Niners in that game? Christian Ponder. Every single third down he got pressured, he eluded the rush and made a completion or scrambled for a first down. I mean CRAZY across his body while running the other way passes that were completed. He also scored the only rushing TD the 49ers have allowed all year on a 20+ yard scramble that seemed to shock the Niner D. I don't think anyone thought he could move that fast. I have to give it up to the Vikings for having a great game plan and jumping all over the Niners, but I really wouldn't use this game as a "blueprint" for beating them.

4) Jets: Again....they Niners actually made alot of mistakes in this game. Alex missed a number of deep throws and to be honest the Jets DBs were holding Mario Manningham all freakin day. He kept breaking opon deep a;omg the sideline but was held. It was just 10-0 at halftime and could easily have been 28-0. The Niners came out redertermined at halftime and you saw the final score. Even tho the O had some struggles, the D BLASTED the Jets. It was pretty clear they didn't like that feeling after the Vikings game.

5) Buffalo: Everything came together. Yes, the Bills suck in a BIG way. That D is one of the worst I've seen. Still, they dominated the game in a historic fashion on both sides of the ball. 312 yards rushing. 311 yards passiong. Only allowed 205 TOTAL yards. Kinda funny...I've actually red Bills fans say they were NOT dominated and that the Bills "beat themselves". I'm sorry, when you lose a close one...maybe you can say that....but when you are outGAINED by 416 yards?

Anyway...The Niners right now are a team with LOADS of talent on both sides of the ball. They are essentially the product of two very good GMs for several years (McGloughan and Baalke) and HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE coaching before Harbaugh. They didn't just suddently get talented. They have been that way and poor coaching has assured they would get better draft picks every year. They have hit on almost every top pick over the past several years and have been very wise in Free Agency.

The REASON Harbaugh chose SF over teams like Denver and Miami was because 1) They were close, and 2) They weren't just talented, they had the exact right talent to play the offense he ran in college....big time RB, HUGE O-Line (with 3 first rounders), and very good TEs. That was Stanfords mix. The great D was also a big plus and they already ran the 3-4 that Vic Fangio ran in college.

So this is really just a very long winded way of saying YES, they really are that good. However, I don't think they will blow out the Giants. I think SF wins, but I think it'll be a close game. I have alot of respect for Eli and you can never count him out.

Flip Empty
10-11-2012, 08:19 PM
You can apply that same logic to the Giants. They haven't beaten anyone of note.

pino
10-11-2012, 08:21 PM
They are good, especially in the defense.

It doesn't matter though. It's all about matchups, and we match up well with each other. It should be another close game.

Marvin49
10-11-2012, 08:24 PM
You can apply that same logic to the Giants. They haven't beaten anyone of note.

...and BTW, I've read a few peeps on her point to the Niners strength of schedule as saying they haven't beaten anyone. I think someone quoted that the teams they have played are 11-13 or something like that. In order for that stat to mean anything you really have to take the games against the Niners out of that equasion. That would make those teams 10-9 and should make them 11-8 if not for the worst call in the history of the NFL in that Packer-Seahawks game.

Also...while the Jets and Bills arent' very good, they do both have 2 wins. Its not like these are the worst teams in the NFL (although the Bills D is in fact the worst in the NFL). Additionally, it's not like the Niners "barely" beat them. They CRUSHED them the way really good teams beat bad teams.

giantsfan420
10-11-2012, 08:24 PM
ppl need to understand that it doesnt work like "well team a beat team b, and team c beat team b, so team a..." no. doesnt work like that. its about matchups and weaknesses. minnesota, with AP, was able to matchup with SF better than the Jets. Does that mean Minny automatically would beat the Jets? No of course not.
its about how teams match up. we are 3-1 vs NE the last 4 games. we should have better reg season record than them right? no. we just matchup with NE in ways most teams cant. conversely, we also matchup well with SF in ways most teams can't (imho). I actually see us winning this one by 10, i have SF looking a bit off and unlike their usual self bc of eli and our dl (the two things which help us matchup with anyone)

Buddy333
10-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Yes, they are a very good team. Why would anyone think they aren't? They look like the same good team that was close to going to the Super Bowl last year.

Marvin49
10-11-2012, 08:31 PM
EDIT: OOPS. This was a reply to giantsfan420, but it didn't quote for some reason

LOL. Well I agree and disagree. ;-)

I totally agree with the matchup comment. Couldn't have said it better. The way to beat teams like the Packers and the Patriots is to have a ferocious pass rush from just your front 4. That way you can pressure Rodgers/Brady and still drop 7 into coverage. Thats why the Giants beat the Pats in the SB twice and why they beat the Pack. Thats also why the Niners were able to dominate the pack in week 1 rushing only 3 or 4 and play coverage.

I don't think they have the matchup advantage vs SF tho and I'd be interested to find out why you think that. ;-)

Marvin49
10-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Yes, they are a very good team. Why would anyone think they aren't? They look like the same good team that was close to going to the Super Bowl last year.

They are actually far, far better than last year. If for not other reason, they had a full offseason to learn the offense and are much more on the same page.

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 08:34 PM
I don't know........We would have to get to Denny Greene to find out that answer

Marvin49
10-11-2012, 08:35 PM
I don't know........We would have to get to Denny Greene to find out that answer

LOL.

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 08:39 PM
So let me get this straight

You beat up on the Jets, Buffalo and beat Detroit on 2 last minute score despite being outplayed.........then you got royally clocked by the new kid on the block (much like you last year) The Vikings

Forgive me if I do not see a team we are going to tear limb from limb.....We are not the Jets, We are not GB, We are not Detroit, We are not Buffalo

We are much better than the Vikings and they destroyed you..........YOU IN BIG BIG TROUBLE..We are the World Champions well re-tooled, better than last year and we are coming after you and your Mr Ordinary QB.

Rudyy
10-11-2012, 08:40 PM

You beat up on the Jets, Buffalo and beat Detroit on 2 last minute score despite being outplayed.........then you got royally clocked by the new kid on the block (much like you last year) The Vikings

Forgive me if I do not see a team we are going to tear limb from limb.....We are not the Jets, We are not GB, We are not Detroit, we are not Buffalo

We are much better than the Vikings and they destroyed you..........YOU IN BIG BIG TROUBLE So let me get this straight

We beat the Browns and the Bucs and all of a sudden we are this power house?

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 08:42 PM
You will never get anything straight..........why don't you get a big bowl of cheeseballs and just watch the carnage

Rudyy
10-11-2012, 08:43 PM
You will never get anything straight..........why don't you get a big bowl of cheeseballs and just watch the carnageAre you talking to me?

Diamondring
10-11-2012, 08:45 PM

We beat the Browns and the Bucs and all of a sudden we are this power house?The 49ers beat the Jets and Bills so what is your point? They both beat on bad teams but the 49ers beat theirs worser but that means little here.

Diamondring
10-11-2012, 08:46 PM
You will never get anything straight..........why don't you get a big bowl of cheeseballs and just watch the carnageGood one.

Toadofsteel
10-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Lets face it, both teams have only beaten up on poor-quality teams and even put up losses to inferior teams (the Vikings and Eagles)... this game will be a watershed for the seasons of both the Giants and the 49ers...

Marvin49
10-11-2012, 08:47 PM

Forgive me if I do not see a team we are going to tear limb from limb.....We are not the Jets, We are not GB, We are not Detroit, we are not Buffalo

We are much better than the Vikings and they destroyed you..........YOU IN BIG BIG TROUBLE

Uh...clearly a problem with reading comprehension.

The Niners were crushing the Lions and score was only close because they got yards and points in garbage time. They were NOT outplayed, they simply didn't play as well as they could and made mistakes.

"Royally Clocked"? Seriously? They lost 24-13. They were outgained 344-280. Lets not go nuts now. What hurt them most was an inablity to get to Pnoder on his scrambles and his crazy ability to convert 3rd downs. I give credit to the Vikings, but lets not go nuts.

When did I say the Niners were going to tear the Giants limb from limb? I think I said the Giants could win this game, but the Niners are good. Very good.

Yes, you ARE better than the Vikings, but if you think they are going to come out flat and overlook the Giants, you're in for a really BIG disappointment.

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 08:48 PM
I like our chances.........they will be over-reacting all night and trying to force the action......they are going to get slammed

Marvin49
10-11-2012, 08:48 PM

We beat the Browns and the Bucs and all of a sudden we are this power house?

;-) Well said.

Diamondring
10-11-2012, 08:49 PM

The Niners were crushing the Lions and score was only close because they got yards and points in garbage time. They were NOT outplayed, they simply didn't play as well as they could and made mistakes.

"Royally Clocked"? Seriously? They lost 24-13. They were outgained 344-280. Lets not go nuts now. What hurt them most was an inablity to get to Pnoder on his scrambles and his crazy ability to convert 3rd downs. I give credit to the Vikings, but lets not go nuts.

When did I say the Niners were going to tear the Giants limb from limb? I think I said the Giants could win this game, but the Niners are good. Very good.

Yes, you ARE better than the Vikings, but if you think they are going to come out flat and overlook the Giants, your in for a really BIG disappointment.Your team is overrated.

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 08:50 PM
We don't lose to anyone by more than a score if we lose at all.........yes you got clocked

We don't get blown out..........but this year (and this is new, and started with the SB run) we are blowing people out

Your are up next in the box

Marvin49
10-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Your team is overrated.

You are entitled to that opinion. I was simply answering the OPs question.

Toadofsteel
10-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Your team is overrated.

Not really bro... And even if the 49ers did happen to be overrated, the Eagles are overrated trash that should be 0-5 and they still beat us... so that kind of trash talk is meaningless anyway.

TheEnigma
10-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Your team is overrated.

Statistically inflated a bit from beating up on a really bad Bills defense and a Sanchez led offense but they're still a top 5 team in this league.

Diamondring
10-11-2012, 08:52 PM
You are entitled to that opinion. I was simply answering the OPs question.Fact not opinion.

Marvin49
10-11-2012, 08:53 PM
We don't lose to anyone by more than a score if we lose at all.........yes you got clocked

We don't get blown out..........but this year (and this is new, and started with the SB run) we are blowing people out

Your are up next in the box

Logic seems to escape you. Niners haven't been blown out in a LONG, LONG time. If you call the Vikings game a blowout then you clearly didn't watch it.

As for blowing OTHER teams out.....I'd say 79-3 and 1000 yards to 350 yards over the past 2 week qualifies.

Marvin49
Fact not opinion.

We'll see. "Thats why they play the games."

Rudyy
The 49ers beat the Jets and Bills so what is your point? They both beat on bad teams but the 49ers beat theirs worser but that means little here. Ok, not denying that..

He's saying that the 49ers didn't beat anybody..and we didn't either. It's fine that people are optimistic. I'm optimistic, and I like our chances, but let's be real here..

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Logic seems to escape you. Niners haven't been blown out in a LONG, LONG time. If you call the Vikings game a blowout then you clearly didn't watch it.

As for blowing OTHER teams out.....I'd say 79-3 and 1000 yards to 350 yards over the past 2 week qualifies.

Moron we have a QB who does 500 yds passing in single games........we had a plus differential of 300 yds in the Cowboys game
nothing you have done offensively imresses us in any way shape or form........your QB completed 1 pass in the last 40 minues we played him on 13 tries

and running up the score on the hapless Jets and Bills is friggen joke.........ARE U KIDDING ME???????

Marvin49
10-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Ok, not denying that..

He's saying that the 49ers didn't beat anybody..and we didn't either. It's fine that people are optimistic. I'm optimistic, and I like our chances, but let's be real here..

See.....Thats what I'm talkin' about. Its all good to love you team, but lets be realistic. Thats why I'm not talking right now about the Niners blowing out the Giants. It ain't likely to happen. The Giants can win this game, no question. The problem is all the peeps looking for "cracks" in the Niners armor to support their hypothesis. No need.

The Giants can win any game they play in. They have proven that over the last several years. It should be a good game on sunday.

Diamondring
10-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Ok, not denying that..

He's saying that the 49ers didn't beat anybody..and we didn't either. It's fine that people are optimistic. I'm optimistic, and I like our chances, but let's be real here..Right my friend and I said what you have said as well but why they think the 49ers are going to destroy our Giants like our offense is a basic offense?

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 08:58 PM

Yes I call the Vikings game a BLOWOUT........I saw the game........a RB/QB made mince meat out of you

Toadofsteel
10-11-2012, 08:59 PM
See.....Thats what I'm talkin' about. Its all good to love you team, but lets be realistic. Thats why I'm not talking right now about the Niners blowing out the Giants. It ain't likely to happen. The Giants can win this game, no question. The problem is all the peeps looking for "cracks" in the Niners armor to support their hypothesis. No need.

The Giants can win any game they play in. They have proven that over the last several years. It should be a good game on sunday.

And that opinion I can respect, even to the point of defending you from my own fellow Giants fans...

Marvin49
10-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Moron we have a QB who does 500 yds passing in single games........we had a plus differential of 300 yds in the Cowboys game
nothing you have done offensively imresses us in any way shape or form........your QB completed 1 pass in the last 40 minues we played him on 13 tries

and running up the score on the hapless Jets and Bills is friggen joke.........ARE U KIDDING ME???????

...and the Niners currently have the most net points in the NFL and outgained the Bills by 416 yards. Whats your freakin point?

...and the Giants have beaten who exactly?

Jeez dude. I am giving the Giants props even tho they haven't really beaten anyone and all you seem to want to do is berate the Niners. have at it man if it makes you feel better but it won't change anything. Niners=Very Good no matter how much you don't want it to be so.

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 09:01 PM
We do not care about what you did to the disfunctional Jets

We are the Champs......have a little respect........you will want the same if you can ever recover from 1994 and win it all again

Toadofsteel
10-11-2012, 09:03 PM

We are the Champs......have a little respect........you will want the same if you can ever recover from 1994 and win it all again

I think he has more than a little respect... maybe you need to unhaze your mind and see a little clearly... Just because there are ******bag niner fans out there doesn't mean they all are. The only fanbase that is 100% scum is Philly...

BParcells777
...and the Niners currently have the most net points in the NFL and outgained the Bills by 416 yards. Whats your freakin point?

Jeez dude. I am giving the Giants props even tho they haven't really beaten anyone and all you seem to want to do is berate the Niners. have at it man if it makes you feel better but it won't change anything. Niners=Very Good no matter how much you don't want it to be so.

I'm not berating your team.....lets see where the dust settles.....I guarantee you if my prediction comes true and we steamroll the 9rs we wont see any of you guys here again this year........turn out the porch light on your way out

Marvin49
Yes I call the Vikings game a BLOWOUT........I saw the game........a RB/QB made mince meat out of you

uh...89 yards and 3.4 yards per carry for AP? Thats mince meat? Seriously?

I have already given it up to Ponder tho...that guy had a great game with his feet and throwing on 3rd down.

As for Blowout...OK. We'll agree to disagree. If the Niners win by 11 points or more on Sunday I'll be sure to talk to JUST YOU about the Niners Blowing out the Giants. To everyone else here I'll be more sane.

Diamondring
10-11-2012, 09:04 PM

Jeez dude. I am giving the Giants props even tho they haven't really beaten anyone and all you seem to want to do is berate the Niners. have at it man if it makes you feel better but it won't change anything. Niners=Very Good no matter how much you don't want it to be so.And your team beaten nobody either so what is your point? Stop your lying. You need to beat good teams real bad inorder to be good not the sorry Jets and Stupid Bills with stupid qb who make mistakes even when he is pressured. We have two good backs not one and too many top notch receivers even one of our no good wr who did nothing in 4 years came in one game and put up over 100 yards.

Marvin49
10-11-2012, 09:04 PM

Uh...at what point did I show DISrespect?

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 09:06 PM
I think he has more than a little respect... maybe you need to unhaze your mind and see a little clearly... Just because there are ******bag niner fans out there doesn't mean they all are. The only fanbase that is 100% scum is Philly...

then dont come here telling me how you kicked the Jets and Bills to the curb WE DON'T CARE!!!!!!.........show the Champs respect until you PROVE you can beat them

Talk is cheap......play the game

Toadofsteel
10-11-2012, 09:08 PM
then dont come here telling me how you kicked the Jets and Bills to the curb WE DON'T CARE!!!!!!.........show the Champs respect until you PROVE you can beat them

Talk is cheap......play the game

You DO know that when you say "talk is cheap", that also refers to you, right?

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Uh...at what point did I show DISrespect?

a lot of your fans have come here all puffed up and saying they are going to blow us out......no....... you did not

Your fanbase is starting to get under my skin......most are CLUELESS.......then you have the even more clueless media backing them up

Its friggen ridiculous

Marvin49
10-11-2012, 09:09 PM
And your team beaten nobody either so what is your point? Stop your lying. You need to beat good teams real bad inorder to be good not the sorry Jets and Stupid Bills with stupid qb who make mistakes even when he is pressured. We have two good backs not one and too many top notch receivers even one of our no good wr who did nothing in 4 years came in one game and put up over 100 yards.

The comment about not beating anyone was IN RESPONSE to being told the Niners hadn't beaten anyone.

Lying? What the hell have I lied about!?

All the Niner can do is play the games on their schedule. When the schedule came out GB and Det looked like a tall order. So far under Harbaugh the Niners (including playoffs) are 18-5. Thats pretty damn good. Ging back to last season playoffs thay had faced Brees, Manning, Rodgers, and Staffor in cosecutive games and were 3-1 (and you guys have to admit that Giants game was CLOSE).

All I have done here is answer the original poster and then defend myself. Dunno where the hostility is coming fro since last I checked YOU GUYS WON the last game...the one that really mattered.

Diamondring
10-11-2012, 09:10 PM
You DO know that when you say "talk is cheap", that also refers to you, right?Don't entertain 49er fans. Stop being scared.

Marvin49
a lot of your fans have come here all puffed up and saying they are going to blow us out......no....... you did not

Your fanbase is starting to get under my skin......most are CLUELESS.......then you have the even more clueless media backing them up

Its friggen ridiculous

Yeah...well I'm not them

BParcells777
You DO know that when you say "talk is cheap", that also refers to you, right?

I do.......I will be here to praise the 49rs if they EARN IT.........I wont proclaim we beat ourselves or any of that meaningless nonsense

Toadofsteel
10-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Don't entertain 49er fans. Stop being scared.

Stop acting like a Philly douichebag...

Marvin49
10-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Stop acting like a Philly douichebag...

LOL.

Diamondring
10-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Stop acting like a Philly douichebag...Still scared, Pathetic now you have to come with name calling. What a shame. Stop kissing 49er behind. You might as well be 49er fan man.

Diamondring
10-11-2012, 09:16 PM
LOL.Taking up for your boyfriend? Oh that is nice.

Marvin49
10-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Taking up for your boyfriend? Oh that is nice.

Get back to me when you graduate from second grade.

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 09:19 PM
no Giants player is going out there scared......they are going with a bit of a chip on thier shoulders IMHO

What are all these media idiots going to say after we win handily........Nothing.....they will move on to saying how Houston will stop us, ot Atlanta will stop us, or GB will be re-born, The PATs will finally figure us out.......whatever.......just keep polishing our trophies and adding more

Marvin49
10-11-2012, 09:20 PM
no Giants player is going out there scared......they are going with a bit of a chip on thier shoulders IMHO

What are all these media idiots going to say after we win handily........Nothing.....they will move on to saying how Houston will stop us, ot Atlanta will stop us, or GB will be re-born, The PATs will finally figure us out.......whatever.......just keep polishing our trophies and adding more

No Giants player SHOULD go out there scared. I've said SEVERAL times that the Giants CAN beat anyone. Thats what having a QB like Manning will do for you.

I happen to think the Niners will win, but I am in no way whatsoever saying it will be a blowout or that the Giants "can't win".

Diamondring
10-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Get back to me when you graduate from second grade.I'm sorry but I'm not gay.

Marvin49
10-11-2012, 09:24 PM
I'm sorry but I'm not gay.

Thanks for the update.

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 09:40 PM
You know Marvin, what I cannot figure out is why we must always play out there........its weird

I guess after Joe Montana was hospitalized by Jim Burt your team petitioned the schedule committee or something

Flip Empty
10-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Fact not opinion.

Hah, not this again. Explain why they're overrated and the Giants' D is underrated again?

rainierjef
10-11-2012, 10:42 PM
The OP has made a respectful post, some of you fans are being extremely ignorant. You cry about other teams fans being ****** bags and ignoramuses, but you are following suit in that same behavior. OP i apologize for the nonsnes on this thread, not all giants fans are like that. Personally, I think we lose in a close hard fought game, by 3 points. I think its going to come down to Eli carrying the offense and defense on his back and while he might not make a mistake it will be just to much to come back from. The giants typically do not fire off on all cylinders from the start and i do not expect that to turn around right now. If we can win the turnover differential, and keep ahead of you guys in scoring from the start then i think we win big. If we are playing from behind then i am not sure, especially with our defense.

Diamondring
10-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Hah, not this again. Explain why they're overrated and the Giants' D is underrated again?So you think a good defense is going to give up just 3 points all of the time? Our defense is doing just fine. There are different types of defenses. Some will give up points and a good offense can override defenses weaknesses. Long as we make stops and our freakish offense keeps on scoring, we will do just fine and can beat the 49ers.

I also want you to no forget that I was one of the posters who defended the O-line while you and others were crying about it. You guys do that every year and the O-line make you into fools. You want to target me again my friend? Well lets see what weill happen this coming Sunday. Our defense does not have to play hard long as well keep on adding the points. We almost beaten the Egals so how bad is our defense? You act like all good defenses are going to hold offenses to 3 points, well you are wrong.

Buddy333
10-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Can someone explain to me why the 49ers are overrated.

Buddy333
10-11-2012, 10:48 PM
So you think a good defense is going to give up just 3 points all of the time? Our defense is doing just fine. There are different types of defenses. Some will give up points and a good offense can override defenses weaknesses. Long as we make stops and our freakish offense keeps on scoring, we will do just fine and can beat the 49ers.I also want you to no forget that I was one of the posters who defended the O-line while you and others were crying about it. You guys do that every year and the O-line make you into fools. You want to target me again my friend? Well lets see what weill happen this coming Sunday. Our defense does not have to play hard long as well keep on adding the points. We almost beaten the Egals so how bad is our defense? You act like all good defenses are going to hold offenses to 3 points, well you are wrong.The defense is fine? Not even he coach thinks they are fine. They have 8 sacks. That is not fine. They have given up huge scoring play in all but one game. That is not fine. The OL MIGHt be better than most thought, but the 49ers are a very good team. A much better team than the Browns.

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Dont worry about the Giants Defense

They will do perfectly well against a passing challenged one dimensional offense

We will stack the box, run blitz and terrorize their "Game Manager"

Buddy333
10-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Well I'll worry about the defense until they start playing better. Even the coach isn't happy with the DL.

BParcells777
10-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Well I'll worry about the defense until they start playing better. Even the coach isn't happy with the DL.

he never said that......the players have said that but the DC has not yet brought the heat.......in this game he will

Buddy333
10-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Yeah TC sounded so happy about the fact they didn't touch the QB last week. The entire football world is asking what happened to the Giants pass rush.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 12:03 AM
tune in sunday at 430 Eastern we have not brought real 11 man pressure up until now

we do not need to fear these bozos passing game

Buddy333
10-12-2012, 12:06 AM
What about their running game?

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 12:09 AM
blitzing kills the run

even heard of 7-8 in the box.......your man buddy invented it

Buddy333
10-12-2012, 12:10 AM
So why haven't they been better against the run? I mean you make it sound so easy.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 12:14 AM
most teams have a worisome QB........this one is robotic

no problem blitzing him

Flip Empty
10-12-2012, 12:27 AM
So you think a good defense is going to give up just 3 points all of the time? Our defense is doing just fine. There are different types of defenses. Some will give up points and a good offense can override defenses weaknesses. Long as we make stops and our freakish offense keeps on scoring, we will do just fine and can beat the 49ers.

I also want you to no forget that I was one of the posters who defended the O-line while you and others were crying about it. You guys do that every year and the O-line make you into fools. You want to target me again my friend? Well lets see what weill happen this coming Sunday. Our defense does not have to play hard long as well keep on adding the points. We almost beaten the Egals so how bad is our defense? You act like all good defenses are going to hold offenses to 3 points, well you are wrong.
Where did I say good defenses should hold everyone to 3 points? Nowhere.

You still haven't answered the question. How does letting a 4th string rookie receiver score two touchdowns on you make the defense underrated? How is the Niners' D underrated when they've only conceded a single touchdown to a receiver?

I'd just like to know how you've come to this conclusion.

Toadofsteel
10-12-2012, 01:26 AM

no problem blitzing him

You're expecting PF to blitz?

BillTheGreek
10-12-2012, 03:12 AM

Yes, you ARE better than the Vikings, but if you think they are going to come out flat and overlook the Giants, you're in for a really BIG disappointment.

Marvin, listen to me, I know that you still have the Agony of Defeat from last year ! Let it go, You still have VD and he really concerns me. Once the Giants shut him down, like they did last year, & K.Williams makes those great plays,Oh there I go again talking about last year ..But really how can I forget all those WINS and the most important WIN of all the SUPER BOWL ! Now getting back to the game The Giants have this weird thing or should I say Eli has this talent of coming back in the 4th Quarter to beat teams.........You know what, I can't wait for the 4th Quarter with 3 minutes left in the game.......Then you will have the Agony again ! Sorry !Enjoy the game up till the 4th Quarter.
BTW L@@K out for Wilson, if you can see him run by!

GO New York Giants Super Bowl Champs !

Diamondring
10-12-2012, 04:31 AM
Where did I say good defenses should hold everyone to 3 points? Nowhere.

You still haven't answered the question. How does letting a 4th string rookie receiver score two touchdowns on you make the defense underrated? How is the Niners' D underrated when they've only conceded a single touchdown to a receiver?

I'd just like to know how you've come to this conclusion.You asked me a question on why the Browns 4th round rookie scored on our defense makes our defense underrated? Your question is stuipid my friend. What your question gots to do with anything? Our Giants still won did they? Did the Giants almost beaten the Egals? Yes they did so if our defense is not underrated, then I don't know what to say. Yet just cause I said that the 49ers defense is overrated does not mean I said they are not good. Yet they are look spectacular to you cause I guess you've seen them held one team scoreless and another team with 3 points while our defense just gave up more. Yet our offense is not like those weak teams they played against.

Captain Chaos
10-12-2012, 08:29 AM
This discussion was hard to get through, they are both solid teams. The Gmen have just played a couple more quality teams than the 49ers( we should have won the Eagles game and be 4-1, but that is crying over spilt milk). I say let the Big Bad 49ers think this will be a cakewalk and we'll find out Sunday who's who in the zoo!

BillTheGreek
10-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Personally, I think we lose in a close hard fought game, by 3 points.

Wash your mouth out with Soap ! * lol * How can you say we LOSE ! We have all great players ready for a repeat ! Yes the Defense was out to lunch last week, Luckly it did not come back to haunt us........Tommy had a good talk with them, and you will see a different team in Candlestick this Sunday !
Have some faith they are the NYG Super Bowl Champs !

GameTime
10-12-2012, 12:25 PM
what the 49's do so well is the play the game within the limts of what they have on offense. This leads to very few mistakes and they move the chains so to speak. Smith is a very confident player and it shows in his game. They are well coached and usually disciplined on both sides of the ball.
The Giants O has keep the Niners D off balance. The Giants D has to out pressure on Smith....no two ways about it. They also have to limit the run.

BillTheGreek
10-12-2012, 12:32 PM
what the 49's do so well is the play the game within the limts of what they have on offense. This leads to very few mistakes and they move the chains so to speak. Smith is a very confident player and it shows in his game. They are well coached and usually disciplined on both sides of the ball.
The Giants O has keep the Niners D off balance. The Giants D has to out pressure on Smith....no two ways about it. They also have to limit the run.

Agree with all of the above...................... but this time " Measure Three Times ......Cut Once" Double cover VD !

GO GIANTS !

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 12:41 PM
This is a matchup of proud teams both sporting talent galore.

It will come down to who wants it more.......who's bench is deeper as the pace will dictate a lot of subs coming in and out

If the Giants have Nicks, give Wilson the pill some of the time, and the DLine decides this is the game to turn on the afterburners, we might just blow them out

If not it will come down to another 4th Qtr nailbiter with Eli having the advantage of being the 4th Qtr Superman

If Fewell does not mix in some heat (blitz) in this game I really think its time for him to go.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 12:49 PM
You know Marvin, what I cannot figure out is why we must always play out there........its weird

I guess after Joe Montana was hospitalized by Jim Burt your team petitioned the schedule committee or something

LOL. Dunno. It is odd how that has been the case...especially recently.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 12:51 PM
blitzing kills the run

even heard of 7-8 in the box.......your man buddy invented it

...right...because nobody has tried that against SF this season.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 12:52 PM

no problem blitzing him

Alex Smith QB Rating 108.7.

Why?

Teams stacking the box to stop the run and he get wide open looks at Crabtree and Vernon Davis.

PLEASE put 8 in the box. PLEASE!!!!

Diamondring
10-12-2012, 12:54 PM
This is a matchup of proud teams both sporting talent galore.

It will come down to who wants it more.......who's bench is deeper as the pace will dictate a lot of subs coming in and out

If the Giants have Nicks, give Wilson the pill some of the time, and the DLine decides this is the game to turn on the afterburners, we might just blow them out

If not it will come down to another 4th Qtr nailbiter with Eli having the advantage of being the 4th Qtr Superman

If Fewell does not mix in some heat (blitz) in this game I really think its time for him to go.I agree with everything especially Fewell.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Marvin, listen to me, I know that you still have the Agony of Defeat from last year ! Let it go, You still have VD and he really concerns me. Once the Giants shut him down, like they did last year, & K.Williams makes those great plays,Oh there I go again talking about last year ..But really how can I forget all those WINS and the most important WIN of all the SUPER BOWL ! Now getting back to the game The Giants have this weird thing or should I say Eli has this talent of coming back in the 4th Quarter to beat teams.........You know what, I can't wait for the 4th Quarter with 3 minutes left in the game.......Then you will have the Agony again ! Sorry !Enjoy the game up till the 4th Quarter.
BTW L@@K out for Wilson, if you can see him run by!

GO New York Giants Super Bowl Champs !

If you consider 113 yards and 2 TDs "shutting Vernon down" I'd hate to see what you call a successful game.

As for Eli at the end of the game....I have all the repect in the world for Eli. Lets be real about last year tho. The only points the Giants scored in the second half were due to a Kyle Willims muff punt that bounced off his knee and the fumble in overtime. After the first muff Eli made a very good pass to Mannigham agains a DB that was only in because the starter got hurt a few plays earlier (Brock in for Brown).

Don't get me wrong tho...I'm not saying the Giants didn't deserve the win. While Kyle did fumble that game away at the end, it was also a very good play by the defender. The Niners had several chances to just put 3 points on the board that would have won the game and just couldn't muster it.

Don't tell me tho how great Eli was down the stretch in that game tho because he was getting crushed. They couldn't move the ball any better than the Niners could. It was the turnovers and great D on both sides that decided the game

BillTheGreek
10-12-2012, 01:13 PM
If you consider 113 yards and 2 TDs "shutting Vernon down" I'd hate to see what you call a successful game.

As for Eli at the end of the game....I have all the repect in the world for Eli. Lets be real about last year tho. The only points the Giants scored in the second half were due to a Kyle Willims muff punt that bounced off his knee and the fumble in overtime. After the first muff Eli made a very good pass to Mannigham agains a DB that was only in because the starter got hurt a few plays earlier (Brock in for Brown).

Don't get me wrong tho...I'm not saying the Giants didn't deserve the win. While Kyle did fumble that game away at the end, it was also a very good play by the defender. The Niners had several chances to just put 3 points on the board that would have won the game and just couldn't muster it.

Don't tell me tho how great Eli was down the stretch in that game tho because he was getting crushed. They couldn't move the ball any better than the Niners could. It was the turnovers and great D on both sides that decided the game

Marvin.....................I can't thank "Kyle" enough on that run.....That was the game !..........But S#%t happens ! As it will on Sunday..........do you still want to watch the last 3 minutes of the 4th Quarter ? Superman will be there !

Go NYG SBC

Flip Empty
10-12-2012, 01:14 PM
You asked me a question on why the Browns 4th round rookie scored on our defense makes our defense underrated? Your question is stuipid my friend. What your question gots to do with anything? Our Giants still won did they? Did the Giants almost beaten the Egals? Yes they did so if our defense is not underrated, then I don't know what to say. Yet just cause I said that the 49ers defense is overrated does not mean I said they are not good. Yet they are look spectacular to you cause I guess you've seen them held one team scoreless and another team with 3 points while our defense just gave up more. Yet our offense is not like those weak teams they played against.
How was the question stupid? I asked how the defense can be considered "underrated", when they struggle to stop anyone.

Being underrated would indicate that they perform better than their record and reputation suggests -- with the Giants' D, that simply isn't the case. Receivers and running backs continually blow through them - that isn't the hallmark of an underrated defense, that's the hallmark of a bad one.

You keep mentioning the offense as if that unit's success somehow excuses the defense's shortcomings. Well, it doesn't. Winning a game doesn't change anything. It's like saying the Rams have a good offense because they beat the Cardinals with only seven completed passes.