PDA

View Full Version : Why so much hate for niner fans?

Toadofsteel
10-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Most of the SF fans I know in real life are truly nice people, even when football is the topic of discussion. Hell, the niners were my 2nd favorite team in the mid 90s. Yeah that was mostly because they broke up the cowboys 3-peat, but still... the organization as a whole is fairly respectable. Yet some of the comments I read on here look like they should be directed to the soulless fanbase in Philly... Why so much hate?

drewz
10-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Because most of their fans are bandwagon jumpers that didn't give a damn about the team a year and a half ago.

Rudyy
10-11-2012, 08:13 PM
They are extremely arrogant.
I don't hate them, but they aren't the friendliest. I guess that's every fanbase..including ours.

Toadofsteel
10-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Then hate the bandwagon, not this team specifically...

Marvin49
10-11-2012, 08:14 PM
I was wondering the same thing.....and I've been a Niners fan since 1985.

Toadofsteel
10-11-2012, 08:15 PM
They are extremely arrogant.
I don't hate them, but they aren't the friendliest. I guess that's every fanbase..including ours.

There is some truth in that. I just feel so wrong trash talking a legit respectable team to such an extreme... Saying that you're rooting for our GMEN is perfectly fine, but acting like SF has less of a soul than Philly just doesn't feel right...

Marvin49
10-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Because most of their fans are bandwagon jumpers that didn't give a damn about the team a year and a half ago.

...and BTW, I can't completely disagree with that. I wouldn't say most, but alot of younger fans never paid attention to the Niners until they started being relevent again last year.

I don't like those fans any more than the rest of you do. Those are also the guys who beat up on opposing fans at Candlestick because the "thugs" can get in with the cheap tix in the old place.

Hopefully the new stadium in a better neighborhood with much more expensive tickets and SBLs can eliminate the thug factor.

TheEnigma
10-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Just another fanbase to me. They're certainly much better than their cross-the-bay neighbors. I actually think it's quite interesting how big of an online following they have compared to other teams with so many of them coming here to talk with us.

Toadofsteel
10-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Philly fans are life unworthy of life. Raider fans I stay away from if they're in large groups. Other than that, I'll give any individual on any fanbase the benefit of the doubt...

jomo
10-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Most of the SF fans I know in real life are truly nice people, even when football is the topic of discussion. Hell, the niners were my 2nd favorite team in the mid 90s. Yeah that was mostly because they broke up the cowboys 3-peat, but still... the organization as a whole is fairly respectable. Yet some of the comments I read on here look like they should be directed to the soulless fanbase in Philly... Why so much hate?No hate,we love the 9er fans. Now go tell them.

SackingMyths
10-11-2012, 08:39 PM
I know very few Niners fans, but the ones I've encountered--holy hell are they arrogant. They give zero credit to any other team for anything and have this air of entitlement just like Harbaugh.

But this obviously doesn't mean that this holds true for EVERY 49er fan. Glad you don't have to put up with any of it.

JB456
10-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Most of the SF fans I know in real life are truly nice people, even when football is the topic of discussion. Hell, the niners were my 2nd favorite team in the mid 90s. Yeah that was mostly because they broke up the cowboys 3-peat, but still... the organization as a whole is fairly respectable. Yet some of the comments I read on here look like they should be directed to the soulless fanbase in Philly... Why so much hate?

All I have to say is, are you serious? With the amount of trash niner fans that's been coming to this board makes me think you were drunk when you posted this. Do me a favor, go over to the smack talk forum and read what they are saying over there. Its like 90% of them think its an automatic win and the "cool ones" think it will be a tough game but a definite win. These are the worst fans I've dealt with in a while.

Here is a little story for you about last years playoff run: A Saints fan brought his wife and six year old son to the game last year. During the game, drunken niner fans were yelling at his son for gods sake and throwing beers at the entire family. Afterwards in the parking lot, the family was verbally abused in the parking lot and the husband was attacked while many niner fans looked on and laughed. This was not an isolated incident and happen to many different people. You know the reason why it didn't happen when the Giants came to town? They had many undercovers dressed as Giants fans.

Dude, I've heard niner fans call their fellow fans trash. They said they wouldn't even go to see the niners play at home cause of the element that attends the games. They told me that as early as 8 years ago you could go to their stadium and have a good time. They said the trash has come out of the woodwork.

chuckedafter5yards
10-11-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm still pissed about the Wildcard game in 2003, can still picture TO flapping his arms.

miked1958
10-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Because most of their fans are bandwagon jumpers that didn't give a damn about the team a year and a half ago.not my neighbor. Lifetime niner fan. He's excited about this season and rightfully so. However packer fans were very excited last season as well as NE fans in 07

FBomb
10-11-2012, 09:27 PM
The only hate I see is in reaction to something else. It's smack talk...nothing more.

Rudyy
I'm still pissed about the Wildcard game in 2003, can still picture TO flapping his arms. The only thing T.O is flapping now is his empty wallet.

Riverdance
Philly fans are life unworthy of life.

You sound like a classy fellow.

And maybe it's because much like Dallarse fans, they have a lot of bandwagon fans. Although, I don't have any problems with Niner fans personally, I can see how that might piss some people off.

jomo
10-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Love the niner fans

Mbeach49er
10-11-2012, 10:02 PM
All I have to say is, are you serious? With the amount of trash niner fans that's been coming to this board makes me think you were drunk when you posted this. Do me a favor, go over to the smack talk forum and read what they are saying over there. Its like 90% of them think its an automatic win and the "cool ones" think it will be a tough game but a definite win. These are the worst fans I've dealt with in a while.

Here is a little story for you about last years playoff run: A Saints fan brought his wife and six year old son to the game last year. During the game, drunken niner fans were yelling at his son for gods sake and throwing beers at the entire family. Afterwards in the parking lot, the family was verbally abused in the parking lot and the husband was attacked while many niner fans looked on and laughed. This was not an isolated incident and happen to many different people. You know the reason why it didn't happen when the Giants came to town? They had many undercovers dressed as Giants fans.

Dude, I've heard niner fans call their fellow fans trash. They said they wouldn't even go to see the niners play at home cause of the element that attends the games. They told me that as early as 8 years ago you could go to their stadium and have a good time. They said the trash has come out of the woodwork.

yea, like you NEVER see this with all the FAN base for any team. Dude, I have been to 12 stadiums over the years, and all have been great experiences. Talking about fans due to what they type on a fan board where they can hide and say whatever they want, and then judging the ENTIRE fan base on that shows how shallow you are.

Grow up,and enjoy the game. Also, try to get out and see the world.

BurnerNYG
10-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Because most of their fans are bandwagon jumpers that didn't give a damn about the team a year and a half ago.Nah the Niners got a rich history and their fans are just hungry. There's probably newcomers no doubt but all teams gain fans depending on how well they perform. When I think of bandwagoners I think of the 90's Cowboy fans. My neighbor is a so called Cowboys fan and he was outside doing yardwork one Sunday when they were playing. I guess he's only a fan when they're winning Superbowls. LOL

Martyr
10-11-2012, 10:26 PM
I hate most Giants fans

bigblue2088
10-11-2012, 10:26 PM
yea, like you NEVER see this with all the FAN base for any team. Dude, I have been to 12 stadiums over the years, and all have been great experiences. Talking about fans due to what they type on a fan board where they can hide and say whatever they want, and then judging the ENTIRE fan base on that shows how shallow you are.

Grow up,and enjoy the game. Also, try to get out and see the world.maybe because you guys are coming off as obnoxious n saying we have no chance off winning? kinda like last year during the NFC championship game

BurnerNYG
10-11-2012, 10:32 PM
I hate most Giants fansI gotta agree lol.

Mbeach49er
10-11-2012, 10:34 PM
maybe because you guys are coming off as obnoxious n saying we have no chance off winning? kinda like last year during the NFC championship game

child, I am reading your boards, no 49er fan is saying that. Actually all are saying it is going to be a great game. I am slamming the turkey who made those stupid comments.

Accept reality Big Blue 2088

Giantslb66
10-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Because.............they aren't Giants fans

bigblue2088
10-11-2012, 10:36 PM
child, I am reading your boards, no 49er fan is saying that. Actually all are saying it is going to be a great game. I am slamming the turkey who made those stupid comments.

Accept reality Big Blue 2088you really need to check your board out...

BlueSanta
10-11-2012, 10:37 PM
I have no prob with 49er fans, especially the old school ones.

I do think some of the "new school" 49er fans are the ones who came over from the Raiders and this has created some probs. The violence directed towards 1st Giants fans at the NFC championship game and 2nd the rioting in the city of San Fran don't speak well for 49er fans. But, I try to give em the benefit of a doubt and just chalk it up to a hungry fanbase.

I like the way this 49er team plays football. It is a throwback team to before the rules made things too easy on offenses.

bigblue2088
10-11-2012, 10:41 PM

Accept reality Big Blue 2088and I apologize if my comments seemed directed to all niner fans, my cousin's are from San Fran and I know a lot of classy fans, I was just pointing out what I saw on the boards

CALI49ER
10-12-2012, 12:12 AM

Could be the reason WHY >>>>http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/167987-san-francisco-49ers-new-giants-pregame-thread-week/

JPP=BEASTMODE
10-12-2012, 12:44 AM
Most of the SF fans I know in real life are truly nice people, even when football is the topic of discussion. Hell, the niners were my 2nd favorite team in the mid 90s. Yeah that was mostly because they broke up the cowboys 3-peat, but still... the organization as a whole is fairly respectable. Yet some of the comments I read on here look like they should be directed to the soulless fanbase in Philly... Why so much hate?Hating someone because of the team they root for is ****ing childish.

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Hating someone because of the team they root for is ****ing childish. Unless you root for the Eagles..you're delusional if you root for them.

Jenagain
10-12-2012, 01:21 AM
All I have to say is, are you serious? With the amount of trash niner fans that's been coming to this board makes me think you were drunk when you posted this. Do me a favor, go over to the smack talk forum and read what they are saying over there. Its like 90% of them think its an automatic win and the "cool ones" think it will be a tough game but a definite win. These are the worst fans I've dealt with in a while.Here is a little story for you about last years playoff run: A Saints fan brought his wife and six year old son to the game last year. During the game, drunken niner fans were yelling at his son for gods sake and throwing beers at the entire family. Afterwards in the parking lot, the family was verbally abused in the parking lot and the husband was attacked while many niner fans looked on and laughed. This was not an isolated incident and happen to many different people. You know the reason why it didn't happen when the Giants came to town? They had many undercovers dressed as Giants fans.Dude, I've heard niner fans call their fellow fans trash. They said they wouldn't even go to see the niners play at home cause of the element that attends the games. They told me that as early as 8 years ago you could go to their stadium and have a good time. They said the trash has come out of the woodwork.My seats aren't far from the 'cheap' seats- the Saints game was a 'fun' experience as groups of Saints fans would walk up to me and shout in my face that Brees was going to destroy us. That the Niners were pretenders that were going to lose big to the passing superiority of Brees. I, and the other fans around me didn't do much but laugh and say, yep, probably. A few Saints fans had bad experiences. And the Niners stepped up immediately and now have police in opposing jerseys at every game, in the parking lot for tailgating and at the game and after. Any stadium has it's bad element. I would bet even yours. The seats directly next to mine are usually sold to opposing fans. I always ask them how things are going, and unanimously they have said they have been treated well.

miked1958
10-12-2012, 02:15 AM
Weird part is... We have had a TON of Niner fans in here the second the games were over last Sunday talking about this upcoming NY/SF Tilt. And they have been here in droves ever since.. i have no problem with it, in fact i like it.

however, Two weeks prior we hardly heard a peep out of the Eagles fanbase.

Doesn't anyone find that odd

Ny_STAT1989
10-12-2012, 03:56 AM
I think people do not like Niner fans because last year they where the most violent fans in the NFL, just look all the stories. Here is one below.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/01/23/video-shows-49ers-fans-attacking-ny-giants-fans-in-san-jose/

OX1
10-12-2012, 05:07 AM
Hate?? That would involve a bit of emotion,
and I couldn't care less about them.

I will say it is funny how many of them
whined about us not winning.

Do think their coach is the biggest whiner of all.
His theatrics about EVERY play that didn't turn out his way,
looking like a kid who just got his twinkies stolen at lunch,
gets real old.

SweetZombieJesus
10-12-2012, 06:20 AM
Toad, how long have you been a fan?

All the guys with their Rice and Young jerseys woke up out of hibernation and think they're going to have another dynasty. It's like they just got out of a steaming Delorean from 1994.

I know a few 49er fans who are true die-hards but many of them are same as the Cowboys lightweight "fans" who go into deep sleep when they aren't winning. Maybe even worse because they don't fall for the preseason "fool's gold" every year as the Cowboy fans do.

As for the current squad, Vermin Davis rubs me the wrong way, and Harbaugh seems to be a classless ****** and acts like he's Al Pacino in "Any Given Sunday". Way too much arrogance for a team that hasn't accomplished anything. Something about that fanbase took a turn for the worse in their TO era.

And the douchier 49er fans have this nasty element to them that is not unlike the bile we find in Eagles fans. They're Eagle fans in red and gold with an actual successful franchise.

Also, let's not forget the history of this rivalry, maybe you're too young for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_rivalries#New_York_Giants _vs._San_Francisco_49ers

The 49ers were the team of the 80s but the Parcells era Giants were one of the only teams to give them fits. Between them they won 6 out of 10 Super Bowls 1981-1990.

Our teams have played 8 times in the playoffs (that's more than they've played Dallas), and 3 of our 4 Super Bowls went through them. We ended their quest for a 3-peat in 1990 and beat them in the NFC Championship Game twice in their house, ruining 14-2 and 13-3 seasons (both times on field goals after they turned the ball over). We gave them their worst playoff loss in their history. We ended Joe Montana's 49er career. Believe me, they hate us plenty. They may never admit it, but it's arguable they hate us most of all.

Then there was perhaps the worst meltdown in our playoff history, the 2002 game where we were leading 38-14 and blew it, but still had the chance to win on a botched field goal and the refs blew a holding call downfield that would have given them another chance.

SweetZombieJesus
10-12-2012, 06:34 AM
I like the way this 49er team plays football. It is a throwback team to before the rules made things too easy on offenses.

This. I got plenty of reasons to hate, but not the way they play ball on D. I wish our D played that way, and I've told the good 49er fans I know exactly those words.

SweetZombieJesus
10-12-2012, 06:44 AM
however, Two weeks prior we hardly heard a peep out of the Eagles fanbase.

Doesn't anyone find that odd

Very, but their fanbase is at the end of their rope with Reid and Vick... And they'd never admit it but they know what a mirage their current record is, they know they're doomed.

Captain Chaos
10-12-2012, 06:47 AM

Maybe because you no kidding risk your life if you show up to Candlestick and the police and security do nothing; bunch of thugs hanging out on your way to the game. Definetaly not a place that understands what a good rivalry is...

gumby74
10-12-2012, 08:23 AM
9er fans are just as bad as Giant fans. Every fanbase has its bad apples.

EnragedYouth85
10-12-2012, 10:14 AM
I know some great 49er fans and I know some great Giants fans, but I also know ****ty fans from both. Every fan base has their good and bad, the only difference is you won't get the **** beat out of you outside Giants stadium, or stabbed or shot... just saying..

Joe Morrison
10-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Niner fans are ok, it's the whining players like the Packers who just can't admit the Giants beat them when in counted.

TroyArcher
10-12-2012, 10:16 AM

I find it hard to believe that a Giant fan in the 90's would have the 49ers as their second favorite team. They were a hated rival of the Giants in the 90's and then they became irrelevant.

Diamondring
10-12-2012, 10:18 AM
I hate the 49er Fans not to wish they get hurt or something bad happens to them. I hate them within football rivery mind of thinking. I like all of them and hope they do well in life and do well for others. Some fans ruin the game by taking it too far.

Toadofsteel
10-12-2012, 10:20 AM
I find it hard to believe that a Giant fan in the 90's would have the 49ers as their second favorite team. They were a hated rival of the Giants in the 90's and then they became irrelevant.

That was more the 80s than the 90s. They still wrecked the cowboys 3-peat, and in the 90s the cowboys fans were FAR more annoying than they are now... not as soulless as Philly, but a LOT more arrogant. I was also a fan of the Pats in their 3rd SB victory because of who they were facing...

Joe Morrison
10-12-2012, 10:21 AM
If you're a Giants fan their is no second team!

Toadofsteel
10-12-2012, 10:22 AM
If you're a Giants fan their is no second team!

What do you do when there's no playoffs for the Giants then? Does all of football become irrelevant?

Drez
10-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Were you around here last year? The fans that came here were complete degenerates. This year's crop are a fair amount better. The fans at the stadium are pretty trashy, too. There were so many reports of assault and even sexual assault at the NO/SF game that they had to bring in a bunch of additional police and security to ensure the safety of visiting fans. Nearly 30 people were arrested and 120 people were ejected. http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2011/story/_/id/7495226/2012-nfl-playoffs-police-say-29-arrested-110-tossed-49ers-giants-candlestick-park

Also, they are arrogant little d-bags.

Drez
10-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Niner fans are ok, it's the whining players like the Packers who just can't admit the Giants beat them when in counted.
Several Niners and almost all their fans that have come here have played the same card.

CDN_G-FAN
10-12-2012, 10:27 AM
i've had just a brutal experience with 9er fans. i used to think they were some of the most knowledgable football fans out there, but that loss last year send them into a kind of idiot death spiral that they can't pull out of.

Nothing but luck, blah blah, it was our year, blah blah, new york conspiracy blah blah, almost if not certain willful stupidity.

hope they eventually smarten up. i almost prefer eagles fans. at least can beat them down with lombardi trophies, these guys are like trust fund babies who own Porches and haven't worked a day in their lives.

GIANTSED101
10-12-2012, 10:36 AM

+1

It's not the tru Niners fan that I have hate for it's the thugs beating up on families. There was an incident that happened at a bar in SF during the Giants championship game also. Some Giants fans were at a bar cheering there team on and the minute that SF lost a couple of SF fans got pissed and started crap with the Giants fans. Long story short, the SF fans jumped the Giants fans as soon as they walked out the bar, there's a video on it some where.

Toadofsteel
10-12-2012, 10:37 AM
+1

It's not the tru Niners fan that I have hate for it's the thugs beating up on families. There was an incident that happened at a bar in SF during the Giants championship game also. Some Giants fans were at a bar cheering there team on and the minute that SF lost a couple of SF fans got pissed and started crap with the Giants fans. Long story short, the SF fans jumped the Giants fans as soon as they walked out the bar, there's a video on it some where.

And if I were in Giants stadium after the Dodge Incident, I probably would have done something similar...

GIANTSED101
10-12-2012, 10:40 AM
And if I were in Giants stadium after the Dodge Incident, I probably would have done something similar...

lol..true very true.

SweetZombieJesus
10-12-2012, 10:41 AM

Especially with the '93 playoff game (the last game of Phil Simms' and LT's careers, a 44-3 drubbing) and the 2002 playoff fiasco. If you're really a Giant fan either of those games should have put a stop to it pronto.

Toadofsteel
10-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Especially with the '93 meeting (the last game Phil Simms and LT played in their careers, a 44-3 drubbing) and the 2002 playoff fiasco. If you're really a Giant fan either of those games should have put a stop to it pronto.

Except I became a Giants fan in '94... I was 6 years old then. I don't remember Simms playing at all. And as for 2002, well, let's just say that I have about the same amount of love for Trey Junkin as I do Matt Dodge...

njg85m
10-12-2012, 10:54 AM
They have accomplished absolutely nothing with their current team, yet the way they act you would think that Alex Smith's surname is Montana and he has 10 super bowl rings.

They haven't been relevant in ages, have had 2 seasons worth mentioning out of the last 12 but somehow believe themselves to be the class of the NFL.

ny06
10-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Every team that doesn't wear the Giant colors I hate. Division rivals I just hate more.

Toadofsteel
10-12-2012, 10:55 AM
They have accomplished absolutely nothing with their current team, yet the way they act you would think that Alex Smith's surname is Montana and he has 10 super bowl rings.

They haven't been relevant in ages, have had 2 seasons worth mentioning out of the last 12 but somehow believe themselves to be the class of the NFL.

I wouldn't call them the "class of the NFL", but they ARE a legitimate team...

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 11:02 AM
I wouldn't call them the "class of the NFL", but they ARE a legitimate team...Oh my God..your picture..

Toadofsteel
10-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Oh my God..your picture..

It's a blend of Andy Reid and the exorcist girl (or as I like to call it, what Andy Reid looks like on the inside)...

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 11:04 AM
It's a blend of Andy Reid and the exorcist girl (or as I like to call it, what Andy Reid looks like on the inside)... I hated that movie, but because you're a Giants fan, I'll give you a pass.

njg85m
10-12-2012, 11:11 AM
I wouldn't call them the "class of the NFL", but they ARE a legitimate team...

They're a good team, not disputing that.

Fact is though, they haven't been a good team for a very long time until barely a year ago and you would think by the way they act that they have dominated the NFL for the past decade.

Maybe it's just my old school upbringing, but I belong to the school of thought where you actually have to accomplish something before you talk trash.

Toadofsteel
10-12-2012, 11:16 AM
They're a good team, not disputing that.

Fact is though, they haven't been a good team for a very long time until barely a year ago and you would think by the way they act that they have dominated the NFL for the past decade.

Maybe it's just my old school upbringing, but I belong to the school of thought where you actually have to accomplish something before you talk trash.

Maybe it's just my NY-style upbringing, but I belong to the school of thought of "What have you done for me lately?" To me, past seasons don't matter when trash talk comes into play. Both teams are winning teams right now, so both have the right to trash talk.

nycisgreat
10-12-2012, 11:22 AM

Going to a game in the Bay Area as a visiting team fan is like walking on hot coals. There is a good chance that you get can get into with a niner fan if you're not cool headed.

JB456
10-12-2012, 01:23 PM

Grow up,and enjoy the game. Also, try to get out and see the world.

1) I realize you can't type cast an entire fanbase for the actions of a few but I have never heard a fan of a team call many of his fellow fans trash that attend the games except for the 49rs. In NY, cops don't have to dress up as opposing fans and you have to admit its pretty trashy if its necessary.

2) Although I haven't been to "12" stadiums, I have been to 5 and the worst experience I have ever had was in San Diego. I was with a friend and his eldery father and we were getting death threats during and after the game. Oh yeah, his father could half walk and had a cane. For some reason we thought that since San Diego was a mellow city, it would be an easy going game. WE WERE WRONG! LOL.

I judge each person I meet and talk to based on my interaction with them. The niner fans I have interacted with are worst fans I dealt with but there are obviously decent ones out there.

burier
10-12-2012, 01:29 PM
It not Giants fans, its just a percentage of board posters who are pansies. You should have seen it last season during the playoff run. People actually starting threads begging the mods to ban the 49er fans. There's nothing wrong with their fan base, most of them ARE NOT bandwagon fans. That is all.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 01:33 PM
1) I realize you can't type cast an entire fanbase for the actions of a few but I have never heard a fan of a team call many of his fellow fans trash that attend the games except for the 49rs. In NY, cops don't have to dress up as opposing fans and you have to admit its pretty trashy if its necessary.

2) Although I haven't been to "12" stadiums, I have been to 5 and the worst experience I have ever had was in San Diego. I was with a friend and his eldery father and we were getting death threats during and after the game. Oh yeah, his father could half walk and had a cane. For some reason we thought that since San Diego was a mellow city, it would be an easy going game. WE WERE WRONG! LOL.

I judge each person I meet and talk to based on my interaction with them. The niner fans I have interacted with are worst fans I dealt with but there are obviously decent ones out there.

Again, the problem right now with 49ers fans at Candlestick is Candlestick itself. I love the old place for its history, but it was NEVER a really nice stadium and it has become a hole. As the oldest unrenovated stadium in the NFL and compounded by bad teams for many years (althought they still always sold out and were never blacked out like another team across the bay that shall remain nameless), the 49ers kept ticket prices very low.

The unintended consequence of that is a different "element" of fan....the Thug. These are peeps who hardly know a thing about football and show up for the beer.

Now that the Niners are good again...they are drunk, loud and completely idiotic. This isn't all of the fans. I'd say its only 15 to 20 opercent of them, but they are loud enough to create that reputation.

The good news is that the 49ers will be opening a new stadium in 2014. Tickets are more expensive, its in a far better neighborhood (for those who don't know, the 'stick is in Hunters Point, the worst neighborhood in SF...the new stadium is 40 min south in Santa Clara next to the 49ers training facility, the Convention Center, a Golf Course, an Amusement Park, and 3 or 4 high end hotels), and has an SBL requirement. I hope that prices the thugs right out of the market.

JB456
10-12-2012, 01:35 PM
My seats aren't far from the 'cheap' seats- the Saints game was a 'fun' experience as groups of Saints fans would walk up to me and shout in my face that Brees was going to destroy us. That the Niners were pretenders that were going to lose big to the passing superiority of Brees. I, and the other fans around me didn't do much but laugh and say, yep, probably. A few Saints fans had bad experiences. And the Niners stepped up immediately and now have police in opposing jerseys at every game, in the parking lot for tailgating and at the game and after. Any stadium has it's bad element. I would bet even yours. The seats directly next to mine are usually sold to opposing fans. I always ask them how things are going, and unanimously they have said they have been treated well.

I don't hate anybody based on who they route for. That is dumb. I judge everyone based on my own interactions with them.

All I was commenting on was the 49rs fans that have come over for this game as well as horror stories from the playoffs last year. Hell, 80% of Niner fans could be cool as hell for all I know but you have to admit its pretty bad when cops are forced to dress up like opposing fans. Like the saying goes, one rotten apple can spoil the bunch. Fans need to regulate themselves when they are at the game. If you see a fellow fan doing something messed up, confront them, I do.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Marvin
will you be coming to the re-match at metlife in january? maybe frank gore can top 10 yds in that one LOL

JB456
10-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Again, the problem right now with 49ers fans at Candlestick is Candlestick itself. I love the old place for its history, but it was NEVER a really nice stadium and it has become a hole. As the oldest unrenovated stadium in the NFL and compounded by bad teams for many years (althought they still always sold out and were never blacked out like another team across the bay that shall remain nameless), the 49ers kept ticket prices very low.

The unintended consequence of that is a different "element" of fan....the Thug. These are peeps who hardly know a thing about football and show up for the beer.

Now that the Niners are good again...they are drunk, loud and completely idiotic. This isn't all of the fans. I'd say its only 15 to 20 opercent of them, but they are loud enough to create that reputation.

The good news is that the 49ers will be opening a new stadium in 2014. Tickets are more expensive, its in a far better neighborhood (for those who don't know, the 'stick is in Hunters Point, the worst neighborhood in SF...the new stadium is 40 min south in Santa Clara next to the 49ers training facility, the Convention Center, a Golf Course, an Amusement Park, and 3 or 4 high end hotels), and has an SBL requirement. I hope that prices the thugs right out of the market.

Yeah, I get what you are saying with pricing that element out but there has to be a happy medium too. Alot of good people were priced out of Met Life Stadium due to those BS PSL's. Now, sometimes when I go to the game people freakout when I stand up during pivotal parts of the game. Sometimes I wish the Giants had a better home field advantage. People have been way to quiet at home games.

Eli TO Shockey
10-12-2012, 01:47 PM

This!!!

When was the last time so many trolls joined an apposing teams message board.

NYG216
10-12-2012, 01:48 PM

Clearly you were not here prior to the playoff game last year.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Marvin
will you be coming to the re-match at metlife in january? maybe frank gore can top 10 yds in that one LOL

LOL. No. Too cold for my Blood. Plus I don't think it'll be at MetLife. ;-)

BTW...for the record...Frank had ZERO yards on 6 carries in that game because of the 9-10 man box and then getting hurt....

...but he had 16 carries for 74 yards (4.6 yard average) in the NFCCG while STILL nursing a bad ankle.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 01:58 PM
double

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Yeah, I get what you are saying with pricing that element out but there has to be a happy medium too. Alot of good people were priced out of Met Life Stadium due to those BS PSL's. Now, sometimes when I go to the game people freakout when I stand up during pivotal parts of the game. Sometimes I wish the Giants had a better home field advantage. People have been way to quiet at home games.

Yeah....thats true. The SBLs on the 50 are going for 80K. They are Club Seats tho. I already have my seats in the new building (and I work about 1.3 miles away) and I have just about the best non-club second deck (there are 4) seats you could get...and I am on the 10 yard line and they are STILL 5K per SBL.

Completely different area too. Santa Clara is a very small city but its right next to San Jose, the heart of Silicon Valley. Its larger in both size and population than SF. Filling the stadium won't be a prob, but you may very well be right about quiet fans.

SweetZombieJesus
10-12-2012, 02:30 PM

This is an unspoken aspect behind PSLs when new stadiums open -- it was mentioned openly in cleaning the trash out of Veteran Stadium when the Eagles moved to the Lync.

PETEY006
10-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Didn't 49ers fan threaten to kill Kyle Williams after the NFC championship game?

Anyways the 49ers fans are whiners and don't respect anyone. They still think they're a better team this year and last year.
SF fans suck in general. You always hear them getting into fights with opposing fan bases.

Also if you're a Mets fan, you know how low SF fans are when they voted Pablo Sandoval as a starter for the all star game when David Wright deserved it.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Didn't 49ers fan threaten to kill Kyle Williams after the NFC championship game?

Anyways the 49ers fans are whiners and don't respect anyone. They still think they're a better team this year and last year.
SF fans suck in general. You always hear them getting into fights with opposing fan bases.

Also if you're a Mets fan, you know how low SF fans are when they voted Pablo Sandoval as a starter for the all star game when David Wright deserved it.

1) Yes, and it made me and most 49ers fans sick.

2) Yes, I do think the Niners were better last year and are better this year. The better team doesn't always win though and the Giants earned that win fair and square.

3) Pablo? The Kung-Fu Panda? Jeez, who's cryin' now?

GMenOnDeck
10-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Just dont like there delusion that Kyle Williams is the sole reason they lost the game as if there offense was moving up and down our defense like a scrimmage

Toadofsteel
10-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Just dont like there delusion that Kyle Williams is the sole reason they lost the game as if there offense was moving up and down our defense like a scrimmage

It's like the idea that Matt Dodge lost us the philly game in 2010... when it was really just our defense switching off at the worst possible time.

Pksoze
10-13-2012, 10:26 AM
49ers are completly delusional about that NFC championship game. I have to say the Giants were clearly the better team in the first half and neither team did much on offense the second half. They played at home with an extra days rest against a team playing their 2nd straight road game. Yet their fans feel we got lucky. The Giants were the better team last year. We'll see how that plays out this year.

jomo
10-13-2012, 11:41 AM
49ers are completly delusional about that NFC championship game. I have to say the Giants were clearly the better team in the first half and neither team did much on offense the second half. They played at home with an extra days rest against a team playing their 2nd straight road game. Yet their fans feel 2we got lucky. The Giants were the better team last year. We'll see how that plays out this year.Clear as day!

BurnerNYG
10-13-2012, 12:51 PM
It not Giants fans, its just a percentage of board posters who are pansies. You should have seen it last season during the playoff run. People actually starting threads begging the mods to ban the 49er fans. There's nothing wrong with their fan base, most of them ARE NOT bandwagon fans. That is all.You're right. Why did they ban Hoagie? Also I get along great with Giants fan every where I go except on this board. Oh well, I'm still gonna post so get used to me.