PDA

View Full Version : I think we underestimate how much the 49ers hate us

SweetZombieJesus
10-12-2012, 08:34 AM
This spawned out of another thread, but see my sig.

Our teams have played 8 times in the playoffs (more times than 49ers-Cowboys), and 3 of our 4 Super Bowls went through them. We ended their quest for a 3-peat in 1990 and beat them in the NFC Championship Game twice in their house (both times on field goals after they turned the ball over), ruining 14-2 and 13-3 seasons. We gave them their worst playoff loss in their history. We ended Joe Montana's 49er career. Believe me, they hate us plenty. They may never admit it, but it's arguable they hate us most of all.

miked1958
10-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Yea the 1990 NFCCG and ending the 3Peat was one in the same. That was the game where they were running down the clock whild ahead 13-12 around mid field and Roger Craig was hit and LT came up with the ball and we went down to get the winning FG 15-13.. yes remember all these games like yesterday.. yea they hate us.

And all they have to show for it is that debacle where we were up twenty something points and they came back and took lead after we choked and it came down to that screwed up FG attempt and the Illegal man down field call that was actually PI and should have giving us one play inside the 5 yard line

Eli2Shockey4aTD
10-12-2012, 09:11 AM
I live in updstate NY and my cousins were all 49ers fans along with other people I knew and I was the lone Giant fan somehow. During the Niner golden years they were not friendly to me lol. When the Niners dynasty collapsed they shut up and have been in hiding over a decade only springing up when the G-Men blew that big playoff game to Jeff Garcia, but for the most part shut up about football. That was until last year now they are ****y and huffing and puffing about how awesome they are and the Giants are overrated, etc. Niner fans with a sense of something to prove in Giant country are just as bad as the ones in Cali, maybe worse. Last years NFCCG gave me so much joy and even a loss this weekend will not take it away!

Ruttiger711
10-12-2012, 09:14 AM
This spawned out of another thread, but see my sig.

Our teams have played 8 times in the playoffs (more times than 49ers-Cowboys), and 3 of our 4 Super Bowls went through them. We ended their quest for a 3-peat in 1990 and beat them in the NFC Championship Game twice in their house (both times on field goals after they turned the ball over), ruining 14-2 and 13-3 seasons. We gave them their worst playoff loss in their history. We ended Joe Montana's 49er career. Believe me, they hate us plenty. They may never admit it, but it's arguable they hate us most of all.

Good points... and while I'm not conceding defeat - IF the Giants dont win, a win for the 9ers is hardly "revenge" or "redemption" as their fans would like to make it out to be. It would matter just as much as their regular season victory last year.

bigblue2088
10-12-2012, 09:22 AM
I'd be butthurt too if as soon as I jumped on a bandwagon the same team repeatedly knocked us out of the playoffs

ProfessorCrue
10-12-2012, 12:42 PM
I live in updstate NY and my cousins were all 49ers fans along with other people I knew and I was the lone Giant fan somehow. During the Niner golden years they were not friendly to me lol. When the Niners dynasty collapsed they shut up and have been in hiding over a decade only springing up when the G-Men blew that big playoff game to Jeff Garcia, but for the most part shut up about football. That was until last year now they are ****y and huffing and puffing about how awesome they are and the Giants are overrated, etc. Niner fans with a sense of something to prove in Giant country are just as bad as the ones in Cali, maybe worse. Last years NFCCG gave me so much joy and even a loss this weekend will not take it away!

yes it will

Mbeach49er
10-12-2012, 12:51 PM
I'd be butthurt too if as soon as I jumped on a bandwagon the same team repeatedly knocked us out of the playoffs

"jump on the Bandwagon"........says the guy with 8 posts

Lolololol

Moke
10-12-2012, 12:53 PM

Lolololol

58 posts since november 11. Must have gotten butthurt over last year.

BuffyBlueII
10-12-2012, 01:08 PM
yes it will Of course you would think 49ers winning this week would be revenge for NFCG just as I am sure you think Little D beating us on opening day makes up for us taking the division on the last game if the regular season in 2011.

Eli2Shockey4aTD
10-12-2012, 03:47 PM
yes it will

I value playoffs wins more then revenge regular season games. I want to win every week, but seeing the Niner fans reactions during the NFCCG was priceless, they thought they were going to win the Super Bowl last season. Early regular season games you can live to fight another day, not playoff games.

Thanks for your input in how I would feel over a hypothetical scenario that has not happened.

ProfessorCrue
10-12-2012, 04:17 PM
I value playoffs wins more then revenge regular season games. I want to win every week, but seeing the Niner fans reactions during the NFCCG was priceless, they thought they were going to win the Super Bowl last season. Early regular season games you can live to fight another day, not playoff games.

Thanks for your input in how I would feel over a hypothetical scenario that has not happened.
i think you actually meant a very realistic scenario

ProfessorCrue
10-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Of course you would think 49ers winning this week would be revenge for NFCG just as I am sure you think Little D beating us on opening day makes up for us taking the division on the last game if the regular season in 2011.
i dont care about last yr. you can soak in that history if you like. i am more about "the now", as ive been preaching for quite some time. right now, the lil g's are holding onto a half a game lead over Dallas in the east. but with a 0-2 division record. i wouldn't be sticking my chest out just yet

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Crue......you would be better off folding and going for high draft choices and a new coaching staff

Your Boys highnote was game #1........you cannot really believe you have a shot?

bigblue2088
10-12-2012, 05:12 PM

Lololololcheck my join date. after the board changes my password got reset, sorry for not having the same amount of posts as u doee

miked1958
10-12-2012, 07:14 PM
yes it willnot really Cre. See unlike Dallas, the giants can lose impt games during the regular season to really good teams and not fold like Dallas and philly does. We have been known to bounce back

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Crue.....you a Giant fan on the 9rs game??? I promise to root for Dallas Sunday if you do the same for us :O)

I really do not want to see Jason lose his job....he's a former Giant and genuine nice guy and gentleman

I'd like you to take the WC spot then clock SFO yourselves

look@dafilm
10-12-2012, 11:23 PM
Not as much as the Giants fans hate 49ers fans. Ravens fans are cool with us, Packers fans are cool, etc. Every post about a 49er fan on here is about how they are the scum of the Earth and/or the Devil

Rodgers12
10-12-2012, 11:27 PM
I really think the 49ers vs Bears matchup will be a war whenever they play. Looking forward to that one.

ProfessorCrue
10-13-2012, 04:43 AM
Crue.....you a Giant fan on the 9rs game??? I promise to root for Dallas Sunday if you do the same for us :O)

I really do not want to see Jason lose his job....he's a former Giant and genuine nice guy and gentleman

I'd like you to take the WC spot then clock SFO yourselves

nope i am a niners fan this week lol......i like garrett to but i am not happy with his play calling lately

miked1958
10-13-2012, 06:39 AM
nope i am a niners fan this week lol......i like garrett to but i am not happy with his play calling latelyyou would be stupid not to be a niners fan. Your job as a Dallas supporter is to root your team on and root against all the other NFCE teams. It's that simple and we do the same in all (we would be lying if we told u different) circumstances unless it involves you playing a team that helps us make the playoffs if you beat em.

SweetZombieJesus
10-13-2012, 07:01 AM
Not as much as the Giants fans hate 49ers fans. Ravens fans are cool with us, Packers fans are cool, etc. Every post about a 49er fan on here is about how they are the scum of the Earth and/or the Devil

We actually hate you very little. What have you done to us? The 1993 playoff game which ended Phil Simms' and LT's careers, and the 2002 playoff debacle. Now weigh that against the things we've done to you.

If somebody ruined 14-2 and 13-3 seasons in our house in the NFC CG, I'd hate them. If somebody ended the career of our best player ever, I'd hate them. If somebody handed us our worst playoff loss ever in our prime, I'd hate them.

Sure there's a rivalry but when I look at what we've done to you, it's not symmetrical. We look back and think in the 80s that was a great rivalry and we got the best of a very good team a few times. You guys must logically look at us and seethe with hate.

It's the fan arrogance that bothers us. It remins us too much of the Cowboys who are in our division so it sounds very familiar to us. We view the mass of your fanbase as a hybrid of the Cowboys arrogance and Eagles bile.

miked1958
10-13-2012, 07:09 AM
Overall the teams are even though record wise.

Anyway a little History about our two teams in case you didn't know. This is one is the closest battles of non Divisional teams. This is about as close to a rivalry as u can get though..

In their History, The two teams have met 28 times during the regular season. Wanna guess who's ahead in the won/loss dept?

The answer is NO ONE! It's deadlocked at 14-14How about playoff time.

The two teams have met 8 times in the Postseason.... Yep you guessed it, deadlocked again at 4 apiece!!

So 36 meeting overall with each team winning 16 times

GiantGremlin
10-13-2012, 02:29 PM

This is only because of what has taken place recently between the two teams, otherwise I don't know one Giants fan outside of what is written on these boards that have a dislike for 9er fans - we hate Eagles and Cowboy fans more than anything.

Sarcasman
10-13-2012, 03:18 PM
We actually hate you very little. What have you done to us? The 1993 playoff game which ended Phil Simms' and LT's careers, and the 2002 playoff debacle. Now weigh that against the things we've done to you.

If somebody ruined 14-2 and 13-3 seasons in our house in the NFC CG, I'd hate them. If somebody ended the career of our best player ever, I'd hate them. If somebody handed us our worst playoff loss ever in our prime, I'd hate them.

Sure there's a rivalry but when I look at what we've done to you, it's not symmetrical. We look back and think in the 80s that was a great rivalry and we got the best of a very good team a few times. You guys must logically look at us and seethe with hate.

It's the fan arrogance that bothers us. It remins us too much of the Cowboys who are in our division so it sounds very familiar to us. We view the mass of your fanbase as a hybrid of the Cowboys arrogance and Eagles bile.

I got no ax to grind with the 49ers. They are a very good team.

Some of their fans are tough to take what with the whole "crown us because we are no longer a laughing stock" nonsense but what do you expect from a fan base that is not exactly know to be very knowledgeable?

Pksoze
10-13-2012, 07:21 PM

I think you guys are crybabies more than anything else. That scum of the earth devil stuff is reserved for Eagles fans.

94niners
10-14-2012, 08:06 AM
49ers fans ought to hate the Giants, but no hatred will ever be as strong for a 49er fan as for the Cowgirls. A very distant ways after them we have the Giants, Rams, and Packers in level of 49er hatred. But the Dallas Cowgirls have haunted the 49ers in multiple decades, robbing them of potential Super Bowl appearances (and quite likely victories) at least four times.