PDA

View Full Version : am i the only person confident in this sundays game

ryan12
10-12-2012, 10:51 AM
i think we will win this game and we will leave no doubt. i think we start off fast and dont ever give the lead up. eli is playing at a high level our o line is playing well so i dont think eli will get killed like the nfc championship game and we have established a decent run game. now i know the niners d is GREAT but for some reason i dont think they are as feared as last year. we have to contain gore an hunter and not let davis hurt us... getting back rivers and boley along with jayron will help us big time. i think nicks will play but more as a decoy and pick your poison randle,barden,hixon. i think we need a steady dose of ab with some d wil sprinkled in. im pumped excited confident and cant wait for sunday. LETS GO GGGGGGMEN

RoanokeFan
10-12-2012, 10:53 AM
I believe we'll win

GIANTSED101
10-12-2012, 10:58 AM
I believe we'll win, there's no doubt. As long as our D can hold up and make a play here and there I think we're good.

RoanokeFan
10-12-2012, 11:03 AM
I believe we'll win, there's no doubt. As long as our D can hold up and make a play here and there I think we're good. +1

Joe Morrison
10-12-2012, 11:06 AM
As long as we have Eli and he doens't get killed we always have a shot, but the defense has to show up this week.

Diamondring
10-12-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm not worried and I think the Giants will perform well. They are made to score like I have said many of times before and they should put up the a lot of points. I also think that the defense may get some turn overs and our D was saving themselves for this game.

Mlerman17
10-12-2012, 11:16 AM
The way I c it is that we can win this game and it will probably come down to the 4th qrtr like most giants games. But we can also lose it so try not to be overconfident. I'm more worried about the yanks right now to think about Sundays game.

TroyArcher
10-12-2012, 11:18 AM
If not for all the injuries I'd be very confident. Hard to beat a good team on their home field when you are shorthanded.

GIANTSED101
10-12-2012, 11:29 AM
For some reason I keep thinking we need to jump on the 49ers fast. We can't come out flat and let them get up on us like the Browns did. They're a good team but beatable, we proved that last year.

ryan12
10-12-2012, 11:39 AM
If not for all the injuries I'd be very confident. Hard to beat a good team on their home field when you are shorthanded.

we are getting key guys back this week

ryan12
10-12-2012, 11:40 AM
For some reason I keep thinking we need to jump on the 49ers fast. We can't come out flat and let them get up on us like the Browns did. They're a good team but beatable, we proved that last year.

agreed like against the panthers i know its like night and day but we score on our 1st drive and hold them on there 1st we will control whole game

Giantterp
10-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Giants formula these days against any team is simple (especially the better teams). They need to score TDs instead of FGs and they need to hold opponents to FG's instead of TDs. Lastly, don't fall too far behind. If the games close there is no better team in the NFL making the big play. They just don't have the defense to shut down teams from 20 to 20, and their offense is pretty much always consistent from 20 to 20.

RoanokeFan
10-12-2012, 11:57 AM
As long as we have Eli and he doens't get killed we always have a shot, but the defense has to show up this week.

If the defense can just get in Smith's face, that will be enough.. I hope they unleash Stevie Brown on blitzes

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 12:01 PM
I have confidence, but our defense needs to have confidence.

Diamondring
10-12-2012, 12:02 PM
For some reason I keep thinking we need to jump on the 49ers fast. We can't come out flat and let them get up on us like the Browns did. They're a good team but beatable, we proved that last year.Hey, you are not wrong.

Toadofsteel
10-12-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm confident that our team has the skills to win. We just have to show up...

GIANTSED101
10-12-2012, 12:13 PM
This is what we know for sure, SF defense good, Offense suspect.

NY Giants offense good, Defense suspect.

ST even....

It's going to come down to which team can be consistent and play a good well rounded game in every aspect.

GameTime
10-12-2012, 12:21 PM
I believe we'll win
what else is new...:)

GameTime
10-12-2012, 12:22 PM
need a solid game in all three phases.....

nYg24
10-12-2012, 12:23 PM
If we have 0 turn overs and the pass rush does SOMETHING we will win.

NWKEffectElement
10-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Actually I have been the whole week. We match up well and quite frankly have done it before. They were given the reg season game last year. We have done well, not great, against Gore. They still have Alex Smith, we have Eli. Enough said.

I have in fact not bet on the Giants in 9 years but that changes with this game. I'm taking the odds even though they have kill me in the past.

Ruttiger711
10-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Confident but EXTREMELY anxious... imagine what the players are feeling.

We need QB pressure the likes we havent seen yet this year.... which in all actuallity isnt that much to ask for. I could care less about sacks, I want Smith hurried into making dumb throws and hopefully a pick or 2.

fivebass23
10-12-2012, 01:25 PM
keep hearing how great SF is you beat the jets and Bills enough said my 13 year old football team would give both teams fits if they played . SF is thinking of stacking the box with 8 players. Giants have the ability to line up Nicks,Barden,Hixon ,Cruz, and bennett or Bradshaw and spread these guys out. The Giants defense is about to break out and when it does lights out. can see a butt whopping coming because Alex Smith is injured and even healthy he is not good (reminds me of Sanchez). I heard that Mario was helping SF defense that is great base this guy never ran the right route.Carlos Rodgers is going to have a long day if he has the BALLS to cover cruz. the weather looks good and its time for a Giant BUTT KICKING

MattMeyerBud
10-12-2012, 01:26 PM
i think we will win this game and we will leave no doubt. i think we start off fast and dont ever give the lead up. eli is playing at a high level our o line is playing well so i dont think eli will get killed like the nfc championship game and we have established a decent run game. now i know the niners d is GREAT but for some reason i dont think they are as feared as last year. we have to contain gore an hunter and not let davis hurt us... getting back rivers and boley along with jayron will help us big time. i think nicks will play but more as a decoy and pick your poison randle,barden,hixon. i think we need a steady dose of ab with some d wil sprinkled in. im pumped excited confident and cant wait for sunday. LETS GO GGGGGGMEN

im not saying we're going to lose, but i don't think we should be confident that a W is getting chalked up our way.

Be confident in that the game will be hard hitting

ryan12
10-12-2012, 01:31 PM
im not saying we're going to lose, but i don't think we should be confident that a W is getting chalked up our way.

Be confident in that the game will be hard hitting.

way to contradict yourself "your not saying we are going to lose but shouldnt be confident about getting a w" let me guess you are predicting a tie!! lol

ryan12
10-12-2012, 01:32 PM
keep hearing how great SF is you beat the jets and Bills enough said my 13 year old football team would give both teams fits if they played . SF is thinking of stacking the box with 8 players. Giants have the ability to line up Nicks,Barden,Hixon ,Cruz, and bennett or Bradshaw and spread these guys out. The Giants defense is about to break out and when it does lights out. can see a butt whopping coming because Alex Smith is injured and even healthy he is not good (reminds me of Sanchez). I heard that Mario was helping SF defense that is great base this guy never ran the right route.Carlos Rodgers is going to have a long day if he has the BALLS to cover cruz. the weather looks good and its time for a Giant BUTT KICKING

well said glad im not the only one that thinks we will leave no doubt about the W

OX1
10-12-2012, 02:11 PM
From reading their own board. Until they played the jets/bills scrubs, they were worried about their pass rush and returns on special teams. Both of these play into our hands. Wilson could take on to the house and Eli with a bit more time I think will be more successful than last year in the passing game. It really depends on our injuries and/or the extent of healing guys just coming off injury have had.

How about this for a passing threat though. Eli with a bit of time and Randle, Nicks, Cruz, and Bennett.
Gees I love my chances with that set, no matter who plays D.

Medisleman
10-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Our defense seems to need a few games to get going. Last season it seemed to take half a season for the secondary to get it together. This year the front is slow to get going, maybe due to injuries and such. Hopefully the D starts firing on all cylinders, if so we will dominate.

FlyingTruck
10-12-2012, 04:11 PM
I've been confident we can win. Even with our injuries. I know they are playing good football, but they are far from unbeatable.

ashleymarie
10-12-2012, 04:22 PM

All of this sounds good on paper. And I agree with you that we will win this. It's the hitting them hard early, jump out with the lead, start off fast that is troubling. Don't know about that.

Six-Ace-Deuce
10-12-2012, 04:24 PM
This is what we know for sure, SF defense good, Offense suspect.

Suspect offense? Is this the SAME offense that just dropped 300 yards passing.. and 300 yards rushing on a Bills' defense that's just about as good and talented as the gints' defense?

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Suspect offense? Is this the SAME offense that just dropped 300 yards passing.. and 300 yards rushing on a Bills' defense that's just about as good and talented as the gints' defense? LOLOLOL

Apparently, our defense is as bad as the Bills.

GMan-67
10-12-2012, 04:25 PM
seems like the kinda game that we play well in, but SF is good enough where you could play well against them and still end up on the short end of it

but those thinking we will lose by 10+ are crazy, they may have just jumped on the bandwagon and dont understand that our team has a lot of pride and a lot of fight in them

Six-Ace-Deuce
10-12-2012, 04:37 PM
The Niners don't need to stack the box, in case you haven't heard, The two best ILBs in the league reside in SF(Willis is 1, Bowman is 2). The Niners NEVER play 8 in the box, because they don't have to. If you think you can run on them in nickel, you are mistaken because both Willis and Bowman stay on the field and will hunt your RB down. If you think you can try to spread them out and run in 5WR, you'd also be mistaken because either Willis or Bowman would still hunt them down, plus you'd have to contend with the closing speed of Goldson/Whitner.. you'd get a few yards, but it's nothing the gints could live by.

You can't spread the Niners out and beat them, look at their depth a CB.. they have 4 guys at CB that are starting quality. Rogers is a pro bowler, Tarell Brown might actually be the best cover CB, Culliver could start on 2/3s of the team's in the league and Cox could start on some of the weaker teams, but still a starter.

I don't know why you would believe the gints' defense is about to "breakout".. if they were, would they not have done that at home on a terrible Browns' team? The Niners' current boast the league's best O-line, all FIVE of the Niners starters are ranked in the TOP 4 of their individual positions in the league according to some statistical metric. The Niners starting Guards are #2 and #3 in the entire league, the weakest link on the O-line is Left Tackle Joe Staley, and he made the Pro Bowl last season.

Alex Smith is injured? a sprained finger is hardly an injury..and if you don't think he's that good.. you are going to be sorely disappointed. Alex Smith was the 9th ranked passer all of last season, he's currently the #1 ranked passer in the league after 5 weeks. The Niners have scored 79 points to 3 points the past 2 weeks. If you think the gints are that much better than the jets or bills, you are delusional.. with the exception of better QBs.. the gints aren't that much better. Don't tell me about the gints' vaunted D-line that has exactly FIVE sacks on the season.. now all the sudden they are going to face the best O-line in football and all the sudden 'break out'?

It'll be a great game, but in the end.. the Niners are loaded. Last season, you faced a team that didn't have an off-season and didn't even have their full offense or defense installed, and you were spotted 10 points in the NFC Championship on 2 fumbles.. and barely won. The Niners are not only more talented, they are a better overall team because the full scheme has been installed. There's a reason the reigning Champion is an underdog in this game.

I think you are about to get your feelings hurt.

I was content with just reading what gints' fans had to stay, but some of you guys are downright delusional.

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 04:38 PM
The Niners don't need to stack the box, in case you haven't heard, The two best ILBs in the league reside in SF(Willis is 1, Bowman is 2). The Niners NEVER play 8 in the box, because they don't have to. If you think you can run on them in nickel, you are mistaken because both Willis and Bowman stay on the field and will hunt your RB down. If you think you can try to spread them out and run in 5WR, you'd also be mistaken because either Willis or Bowman would still hunt them down, plus you'd have to contend with the closing speed of Goldson/Whitner.. you'd get a few yards, but it's nothing the gints could live by.

You can't spread the Niners out and beat them, look at their depth a CB.. they have 4 guys at CB that are starting quality. Rogers is a pro bowler, Tarell Brown might actually be the best cover CB, Culliver could start on 2/3s of the team's in the league and Cox could start on some of the weaker teams, but still a starter.

I don't know why you would believe the gints' defense is about to "breakout".. if they were, would they not have done that at home on a terrible Browns' team? The Niners' current boast the league's best O-line, all FIVE of the Niners starters are ranked in the TOP 4 of their individual positions in the league according to some statistical metric. The Niners starting Guards are #2 and #3 in the entire league, the weakest link on the O-line is Left Tackle Joe Staley, and he made the Pro Bowl last season.

Alex Smith is injured? a sprained finger is hardly an injury..and if you don't think he's that good.. you are going to be sorely disappointed. Alex Smith was the 9th ranked passer all of last season, he's currently the #1 ranked passer in the league after 5 weeks. The Niners have scored 79 points to 3 points the past 2 weeks. If you think the gints are that much better than the jets or bills, you are delusional.. with the exception of better QBs.. the gints aren't that much better. Don't tell me about the gints' vaunted D-line that has exactly FIVE sacks on the season.. now all the sudden they are going to face the best O-line in football and all the sudden 'break out'?

It'll be a great game, but in the end.. the Niners are loaded. Last season, you faced a team that didn't have an off-season and didn't even have their full offense or defense installed, and you were spotted 10 points in the NFC Championship on 2 fumbles.. and barely won. The Niners are not only more talented, they are a better overall team because the full scheme has been installed. There's a reason the reigning Champion is an underdog in this game.

I was content with just reading what gints' fans had to stay, but some of you guys are downright delusional. We are getting key players back on defense. That's why we feel more confident.

Moke
10-12-2012, 04:40 PM

I was content with just reading what gints' fans had to stay, but some of you guys are downright delusional.

You're delusional. Now gtfo

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 04:41 PM
You're delusional. Now gtfo Well said, haha.

Six-Ace-Deuce
10-12-2012, 04:46 PM
The Bills were SUPPOSE to have the best front 4 in football.. hmm.. sound familar.. kinda sounds like another team in NY, great front 4.. suspect LB corp and mediocre secondary. Because Jerry Reese overpaid for Antrelle Rolle making him one of the highest paid Safeties in the league, doesn't make him one of the best. Your Prince is a bust, admit it.. he is. Every Niners' fans likes every match-up with SF WR/TE v. NYG CB/S/LB.

Anybody playing the gints knows, if you can withstand their front 4 and get into the second level.. you can do damage. This game will be won in the trenches, and if that's the case.. advantage Niners! As I pointed out before, the Niners' O-line is the highest ranked in the league right now, and the gints' D-line has underperformed.. doesn't bode well.. 5 sacks in 5 games? Hmmm. And the gints' O-line is a joke really, even when healthy they aren't stellar.. your LT is ranked 27th in the league in individual performance. While the gints have only given up a 4-5 sacks this season, they haven't faced a front like this. And it's not even about sacks, it's about getting people in Eli's face.. it won't rattle him, but it can be just enuff to throw off his timing, and that's enuff to make a difference. The Niners' front 7 is actually better than last season.. when Eli was sacked 6 times, if you think Bradshaw will run on the Niners' defensive front.. you are dreaming.. if the gints run him 20-25 on sunday, he might gain 60-65 yards.

The gints' defense is currently ranked 21st in the league, the Bills are ranked like 27/28.. and that's after have 1100-1200 yards dropped on them in a 2 week period, you really think the gints are that much better?

Six-Ace-Deuce
10-12-2012, 04:48 PM
I guess the truth hurts, perhaps I'll allow you guys to go back to your 'groupthink' where you all massage each others fears and build your hopes for a BIG gints' victory! Perhaps I'll come back on monday to read the disappoint and all of the :( faces and posts that include 'I don't understand what happened!'

ryan12
10-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Well said, haha.

agreed

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 04:50 PM
I guess the truth hurts, perhaps I'll allow you guys to go back to your 'groupthink' where you all massage each others fears and build your hopes for a BIG gints' victory! Perhaps I'll come back on monday to read the disappoint and all of the :( faces and posts that include 'I don't understand what happened!'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKfQmqKfOb8

Truth sure does hurt.

Moke
10-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Yeah, winning the SB was nice. Thanks Deuce.

ny06
10-12-2012, 04:55 PM

I don't know where to start. Let's start off with Bowman is one of the best inside linebackers in the league. Is he a solid player? Of course, but step back for a moment before you mention him as the best in the league. Old Ray Lewis is better, I would even say the young kid from Dallas Sean Lee is better. And speaking of spreading your defense out, that's the last thing you want the Giants to do. We have a guy you may have heard of Eli Manning, and letting him open up the offense will only mean trouble for your defense. Are we talking about the same Rogers who commented last year that "you can't cover Victor Cruz"? Why do we believe the Giants defense will break out? Ah hello... The defense was terrible last year, and then with some players coming back they turned it on. So we have the right to believe it can happen again. We don't have to say Alex Smith is not that good, he has shown throughout his whole career he is nothing but an average qb. You're not fooling anyone with his stats this season and last, the team is built around the run, and Alex Smith not making mistakes. That's not the sound of a good player, it's the sound of a guy who has to just stay mistake free.
And last but not least, you commented on "Last season, you faced a team that didn't have an off-season and didn't even have their full offense or defense installed" Are you serious? The second I read this comment I shook my head in disbelief. But then had to remember that you're a 49er fan and excuses are part of the culture. You barely won the game in the regular season, great no call on Patrick Willis mugging Ballard in the red zone at the end of the game. And in the NFC Championship game we took your best shots and won. Your last comment was perfect, you should have just been content on reading the posts instead of commenting on them. We all would have been thankful to not have to read your drivel.

ryan12
10-12-2012, 05:01 PM
prince didnt look like a bust in the nfc championship game

Six-Ace-Deuce
10-12-2012, 05:05 PM
That's the truth, gints won fair and square.. with Kyle Williams spotting them 10 points, but the past is prologue.

If there's a team I would fear going up against in the post-season, it's the gints.. they are mediocre as hell in the regular season.. but are clutch in the playoffs.. despite beating the Niners, I was happy to see the gints win the Super Bowl than Belicheat and Pats.

However, this ain't the playoffs, this is the regular season.. and the Niners aren't just good.. they are widely considered the best team in the NFC, if not NFL.. despite losing a game. The teams that have beaten the gints(Cowpies and Iggles) are very flawed and are considered any where near the level on which the Niners play.

I'm not here to guarantee a Niners' victory, but I don't think it'll be some kind of cakewalk.. I think you guys seriously underestimate what kind of team the Niners have. I've watched every single game, I've seen every single play. They are top 5 in pass defense.. they are the best defense in the league against the run, despite their 7th ranking.

Like I said, it'll be a great game, but if the gints do win.. they'll have to show something they haven't shown all season long.. they'll have to trump what they did in the NFC Champion game.

Moke
10-12-2012, 05:06 PM
The eagles and cowboys may be "flawed" but they are division rivals.

I don't want to keep repeating what that means so I'm expecting someone as "intelligent" as you to understand it.

joemorrisforprez
10-12-2012, 05:07 PM

The Giants have proven what they can accomplish when the entire team plays together with focus.

World Champs for a reason.

ShakeandBake
10-12-2012, 05:09 PM
That's the truth, gints won fair and square.. with Kyle Williams spotting them 10 points, but the past is prologue.

Stopped reading after this point. You guys lost, get over it. The ball was STRIPPED, the fumble was intentional, and no one here will take you seriously until you give credit where credit is due.

TheEnigma
10-12-2012, 05:15 PM

Don't oversell your CBs too much. Culliver is the only player at that position playing at a respectable level. Tarell Brown and Carlos Rogers have combined to allow 450 yards and an NFL QB rating of 101.3 when thrown into their coverage. Goldson is a good safety but Whitner has already missed 8 tackles this season. We aren't scared of your DBs.

And you seriously used the Pro Bowl point? Greg Jennings was nominated to the Pro Bowl even though he was outperformed not only by both Nicks and Cruz but even his own teammate Jordy Nelson. So many guys get in who shouldn't. Richard Sherman deserved that CB nomination over Carlos Rogers all day long.

CowboysSuck
10-12-2012, 05:17 PM

If there's a team I would fear going up against in the post-season, it's the gints.. they are mediocre as hell in the regular season.. but are clutch in the playoffs.. despite beating the Niners, I was happy to see the gints win the Super Bowl than Belicheat and Pats.

However, this ain't the playoffs, this is the regular season.. and the Niners aren't just good.. they are widely considered the best team in the NFC, if not NFL.. despite losing a game. The teams that have beaten the gints(Cowpies and Iggles) are very flawed and are considered any where near the level on which the Niners play.

I'm not here to guarantee a Niners' victory, but I don't think it'll be some kind of cakewalk.. I think you guys seriously underestimate what kind of team the Niners have. I've watched every single game, I've seen every single play. They are top 5 in pass defense.. they are the best defense in the league against the run, despite their 7th ranking.

Like I said, it'll be a great game, but if the gints do win.. they'll have to show something they haven't shown all season long.. they'll have to trump what they did in the NFC Champion game.

I believe Kyle Williams is part of the 49ers TEAM. Therefor your TEAM got smacked in the mouth by Jacquain Williams who also happens to be a part of our TEAM. The Giants team beat your Niners team. Fair and square...WHEN IT MATTERED. ahahaha

Six-Ace-Deuce
10-12-2012, 05:18 PM
I don't know where to start. Let's start off with Bowman is one of the best inside linebackers in the league. Is he a solid player? Of course, but step back for a moment before you mention him as the best in the league. Old Ray Lewis is better, I would even say the young kid from Dallas Sean Lee is better. And speaking of spreading your defense out, that's the last thing you want the Giants to do. We have a guy you may have heard of Eli Manning, and letting him open up the offense will only mean trouble for your defense. Are we talking about the same Rogers who commented last year that "you can't cover Victor Cruz"? Why do we believe the Giants defense will break out? Ah hello... The defense was terrible last year, and then with some players coming back they turned it on. So we have the right to believe it can happen again. We don't have to say Alex Smith is not that good, he has shown throughout his whole career he is nothing but an average qb. You're not fooling anyone with his stats this season and last, the team is built around the run, and Alex Smith not making mistakes. That's not the sound of a good player, it's the sound of a guy who has to just stay mistake free.
And last but not least, you commented on "Last season, you faced a team that didn't have an off-season and didn't even have their full offense or defense installed" Are you serious? The second I read this comment I shook my head in disbelief. But then had to remember that you're a 49er fan and excuses are part of the culture. You barely won the game in the regular season, great no call on Patrick Willis mugging Ballard in the red zone at the end of the game. And in the NFC Championship game we took your best shots and won. Your last comment was perfect, you should have just been content on reading the posts instead of commenting on them. We all would have been thankful to not have to read your drivel.

NoVarro Bowman was voted 1st team All-Pro last season.. he's currently ranked in the top 5 in tackles.. so yeah, I'd say he's a tad bit better than 'solid'.

Cruz had a great 1st half against Rogers, Niners adjusted in the 2nd half and Cruz was quiet.. but that's the playoffs. Rogers took Cruz to school in last season's regular season match-up, recording a pick.. and then doing the salsa in Cruz's face.

Like I said, I fear the gints in the playoffs.. not the regular season. It's your right to believe whatever you like, but unless any of those guys you mentioned play some D-line, which I don't think any of them do, you are in trouble. I don't know how the gints are built up in NYC, but everyone outside believes the strength of the defense is your D-line, which currently has 5 sacks on the season, if that D-line can be neutralized, the rest of your defense can be taken advantage of. No speed in your LB corp, no superstars in your secondary.. I've watched some of the gints' game.. there's no guy that you have to throw away from.

Please don't talk about barely winning.. Kyle Williams spotted you guys 10 points in the NFC Championship game.. your offense was only able to muster 10 points on it's own. Not having an off-season isn't an excuse, it was what it was and the game has to be played. What qualified as the Niners' "best shot" last season, isn't what their "best shot" is this season. Maybe the gints will luck out, and the Niners will come out flat and they don't get their best shot.. maybe then the gints will have a chance.

I didn't mean to ruin the gints' fans 'PEEP-UP' rally, I just felt like commenting on some 'distortions' of the truth. I don't know how a team that's played down to it's opponents all season long, is going to turn it on.. on the road.. against one of the best team's in the league. Like I said, it'll be a great game, but there's a reason Coughlin is trying to paint the reigning world champions as underdogs.. because he knows can't win straight up.. he's going to have to coax the best performance possible out of his guys to have a chance.

I'll leave it as, good luck.

Six-Ace-Deuce
10-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Don't oversell your CBs too much. Culliver is the only player at that position playing at a respectable level. Tarell Brown and Carlos Rogers have combined to allow 450 yards and an NFL QB rating of 101.3 when thrown into their coverage. Goldson is a good safety but Whitner has already missed 8 tackles this season. We aren't scared of your DBs.

And you seriously used the Pro Bowl point? Greg Jennings was nominated to the Pro Bowl even though he was outperformed not only by both Nicks and Cruz but even his own teammate Jordy Nelson. So many guys get in who shouldn't. Richard Sherman deserved that CB nomination over Carlos Rogers all day long.

I didn't say you should be, Nicks and Cruz are as good as advertised. With the way the rules are, advantage goes to WRs in one-on-one matchups. My point was more that the Niners can not be beaten by simply spreading out the defense. However, if Eli Manning has all day to sit back in the pocket and read the defense and make throws, he'll have a successful day.. BUT if the Niners can get a pass-rush and confuse him.. it won't matter how many WRs you have on the field and who they are matched up against because Eli will have a helluva time completing anything.

Given the Niners' boast on of the best front 7s in football, and you take the struggles of the gints' O-line.. I would beat on the Niners not allowing Eli to sit in the pocket and dissect them.. it's really the only way the gints can win. I think everyone knows you aren't going to make a living running the ball on the Niners, but you have to stay balanced. Eli can lead the gints to victory if he can stay upright.. IF.

Six-Ace-Deuce
10-12-2012, 05:28 PM
PER PFT

Giants head coach Tom Coughlin ruled WR Hakeem Nicks (http://boards.giants.com/nfl/players/9293) out for Sunday’s game against the Browns.
Nicks, who fractured the fifth metatarsal of his right foot in May, has missed the last two games. Coughlin said it’s a combination of foot and knee soreness that could use more rest.
In his two games this season, Nicks has 14 catches for 237 yards and a touchdown. He had 10 catches for 199 yards and a score in the Giants’ Week Two win over the Buccaneers.
WR Domenik Hixon (http://boards.giants.com/nfl/players/7879) was the Giants’ No. 2 receiver opposite Victor Cruz (http://boards.giants.com/ncaaf/players/199927) last Sunday. WR Ramses Barden (http://boards.giants.com/nfl/players/9349) did not practice Wednesday because of a concussion.

TheEnigma
10-12-2012, 05:29 PM
I didn't say you should be, Nicks and Cruz are as good as advertised. With the way the rules are, advantage goes to WRs in one-on-one matchups. My point was more that the Niners can not be beaten by simply spreading out the defense. However, if Eli Manning has all day to sit back in the pocket and read the defense and make throws, he'll have a successful day.. BUT if the Niners can get a pass-rush and confuse him.. it won't matter how many WRs you have on the field and who they are matched up against because Eli will have a helluva time completing anything.

Given the Niners' boast on of the best front 7s in football, and you take the struggles of the gints' O-line.. I would beat on the Niners not allowing Eli to sit in the pocket and dissect them.. it's really the only way the gints can win. I think everyone knows you aren't going to make a living running the ball on the Niners, but you have to stay balanced. Eli can lead the gints to victory if he can stay upright.. IF.

Fair points sir. I have respect for the 49ers secondary but I do think they get a little hyped up since their front 7 shuts down the run 9 times out of 10 and makes it easier for the secondary to handle the pass when they know it's coming.

You need to realize though that the Giants had the worst OTs in the league with David Diehl and Kareem McKenzie but that isn't the case anymore. Beatty is finally healthy and is the 3rd best run blocking OT in the league (according to PFF) while Locklear is just average but certainly an improvement from #32 ranked RT. Your pass rush will get its hits in but it won't be all day like last season.

Six-Ace-Deuce
10-12-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm going out on a limb here, but I think Niners' DC Vic Fangio will roll coverage towards Cruz and take his chance else where.. you know what, I feel confident in sunday's game!

Ruttiger711
10-12-2012, 05:34 PM
I don't know how a team that's played down to it's opponents all season long, is going to turn it on.. on the road.. against one of the best team's in the league.

Its ok - they make it easy for you

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012012201/2011/POST20/giants@49ers#menu=highlights&tab=recap

the best thing in the world is if the 9ers are buying their own hype as much as their fans are.

Six-Ace-Deuce
10-12-2012, 05:37 PM
True enough, having a front 7 that can shutdown the run w/o 8 in the box helps a secondary alot.. but at the same time, the pressure and sacks the front 7 is able to get is because the Niners' secondary is able to play tight coverage, so it's a give and take. That's not just true with the Niners, that's with any good/great defense.

I don't expect the Niners to sack Eli Manning 6 times, like I said before.. he's only been sacked 4 or 5 times this season in 5 games, which is pretty good. It's not so much about getting sacks, which is the most overrated stat in football, it's just getting pressure. Justin Smith is an All-Pro, Ray McDonald and Ahmad Brooks were a 1st team Pro Bowl Alternates and Aldon Smith ain't a bad pass rusher.. for the Niners to win, they will have to get pressure in Eli's face.. if Eli can avoid the pressure, he'll have a big day.

Will Beatty was a mock draftee of mine, so I respect the talent there.. but while he isn't as bad a Diehl, he'll still have his hands full v. Aldon Smith. Not here to gloat, but as a Niners' fans.. I like the matchups with our D-Line v. the gints' O-line.

nycisgreat
10-12-2012, 05:38 PM

I agree. I think we will win a close game. I think our defense will keep this game close. If our defense handle their business, we can win big. I think we are going to put up at least 24 points this weekend.

Toadofsteel
10-12-2012, 05:43 PM
True enough, having a front 7 that can shutdown the run w/o 8 in the box helps a secondary alot.. but at the same time, the pressure and sacks the front 7 is able to get is because the Niners' secondary is able to play tight coverage, so it's a give and take. That's not just true with the Niners, that's with any good/great defense.

I don't expect the Niners to sack Eli Manning 6 times, like I said before.. he's only been sacked 4 or 5 times this season in 5 games, which is pretty good. It's not so much about getting sacks, which is the most overrated stat in football, it's just getting pressure. Justin Smith is an All-Pro, Ray McDonald and Ahmad Brooks were a 1st team Pro Bowl Alternates and Aldon Smith ain't a bad pass rusher.. for the Niners to win, they will have to get pressure in Eli's face.. if Eli can avoid the pressure, he'll have a big day.

Will Beatty was a mock draftee of mine, so I respect the talent there.. but while he isn't as bad a Diehl, he'll still have his hands full v. Aldon Smith. Not here to gloat, but as a Niners' fans.. I like the matchups with our D-Line v. the gints' O-line.

I'll be the first to admit advantage 49ers in the pass rush department, but where I disagree is the assertion that Eli folds under pressure. Despite only 87 yards total rushing, throwing 58 passes (in the rain), and getting sacked 6 times (not to mention pressured on just about every play), he still did not commit a single interception. If you counted the play that got blown dead before Bradshaw fumbled, the turnover differential is still +1 Giants. You can bang him around all you want, but the man isn't going to just collapse because you apply some pressure. It's not like we have Romo under center...

Six-Ace-Deuce
10-12-2012, 05:43 PM
That's the post-season, where the gints play elite.. in the regular season, that's a different story. Even in the gints' last 2 championship, they were like 10-6 and 9-7, that's not dominating the regular season.. that's middle of the pack.. Eli Manning's TD/INT ratio was 1:1.. they were the 6th seed. The gints are to be feared in the post-season, in the regular season.. they are mortal.. this is the regular season.

The 'hype'.. the Niners are delivering.. 4-1, last season was no a fluke.. any Niners' fan was sobered up by the viqueens' loss. Most national power rankings have the Niners in top 3. They are at least the best team in the league, that's not hype.. that's on for the world to see.

Toadofsteel
10-12-2012, 05:47 PM
It's not so much a regular/post season difference, it's that the Giants play up to statistically superior teams (basically ALL their playoff matches last year), and blow it on inferior teams (like the Eagles and Cowboys this year, as well as losing control on TB and cleveland). Whether they win or not is a different story (we lost to the Packers last year by 3 points and the 49ers by 7 despite playing some of our best football, while still beating the Dolphins despite playing rather pitifully), but that's what the difference really is as to whether Jekyll or Hyde shows up...

Six-Ace-Deuce
10-12-2012, 05:48 PM
I never said Eli would fold under the pressure, as a matter of fact, I don't think he gets rattled. But if you can collapse the pocket and make Eli move or run, if that can be achieved consistently.. you have a good chance of winning. I've also seen Eli stand in there and deliver the ball accurately as he's about to take a shot, usually in crunch time. I remember a 4th down in the regular season game against the Niners, Ray McDonald hit Eli has he was throwing and he completed like a 4th and 15+. Eli is clutch, I'll give you that.. but no QB can play on top of their game with consistent pressure in their face.

brad
10-12-2012, 07:09 PM
I think this is the match up where we finally see the defense emerge to their former selves. I think this game is a win, but it will be a tough game. For me, the key is getting the offense moving early.

Laurah1275
10-12-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm confident the Giants will show up and play with all their heart, to the best of their abilities.....as to the outcome, I'm not even gonna speculate because I am a big bundle of nerves and anticipation for this game, and I'm not trying to stroke out before Sunday. LET'S GO BIG BLUE!

BigBlue1971
10-12-2012, 09:09 PM

great post ryan!

its not often i will say they wont win but sometimes i do have extra motivation and belief and this is one of those times!

the confidence the Giants have in the 9ers house is huge and the fact TC imo is already in Harbaughs head are key components for this win!

CALI49ER
10-12-2012, 09:19 PM

Yes you are the only one confident NY will Beat SF ... Being Naive can easily be confused with CONFIDENCE..

ryan12
10-15-2012, 09:44 AM

not to brag but my keys to game and how it will pan out were right on

ryan12
10-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Yes you are the only one confident NY will Beat SF ... Being Naive can easily be confused with CONFIDENCE..

im sorry.... you were saying?

ryan12
10-15-2012, 09:45 AM
great post ryan!

its not often i will say they wont win but sometimes i do have extra motivation and belief and this is one of those times!

the confidence the Giants have in the 9ers house is huge and the fact TC imo is already in Harbaughs head are key components for this win!

thanks

GMENAGAIN
10-15-2012, 10:20 AM
not to brag but my keys to game and how it will pan out were right on

Good call. Kudos.

BillTheGreek
10-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Hey, you are not wrong.

We came out Firing on all cylinders ! I don't know who gave them a tune up ! But aGood Job!

Beat the SKINS !!!!

ryan12
10-15-2012, 10:49 AM
We came out Firing on all cylinders ! I don't know who gave them a tune up ! But aGood Job!

Beat the SKINS !!!!

we need to make a statement vs the skins

miked1958
10-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Yep you and Parcells77 called it. he was saying blowout win for NY all week to