View Full Version : Eli vs Alex Smith- The Stats/ Bradshaw Vs Gore Sacks/INTs

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Yards % TD INT QBR

1579 65.0 10 5 96.0 Eli

1087 68.6 8 1 108.7 Smith

Bradshaw 65 ATT 333 YDs 5.1 Vds per Carry 33 Long 2 TDs

Gore 79 ATT 434 YDs 5.5 Yds per Carry 34 Long 4 TDS

Its pretty clear that Eli is the more explosive Passer, Smith the more cautious QB......Eli commands a more explosive passing offense

On the ground its a wash

If this Statistical trend holds through, the Giants should win this game

Teams

Giants 152 points 111 Opponents 8 Sacks 8 INTS

49rs 149 Points 68 Opponents 9 Sacks 4 INTs

Eli has only been sacked once in the last 4 games......the 49rs like us are no sack machine this year

Both Teams blew out inferior opponents twice.......both have played quality teams twice- The 49rs won one and were blown out in the other.......The Giant lost both, but both games came down to the final possession

Jahh
10-12-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm curious how you are deducing a Giants win by looking at those stats.

Mbeach49er
10-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Yards % TD INT QBR

1579 65.0 10 5 96.0 Eli

Its pretty clear that Eli is the more explosive Passer, Smith the more cautious QB......Eli commands a more explosive passing offense

On the ground its a wash

Teams

Eli has only been sacked once in the last 4 games......the 49rs like us are no sack machine this year

How is on the groung a wash? Put the total team vs team rushing stats together. Clearly the Niners are much better. Agree eli is a more explosive qb. Smith's style is to play clean....no turnovers.

Flip Empty
10-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Completely different situations. The comparison is meaningless.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 12:31 PM
I stand by these Stats and the clearly better team is the Giants......who never get blown out, and have 50% more passing yards

This will not be as close a contest as everyone believes Giants 31-17

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm sorry..."on the ground its a wash"!?!

The Giants rank 12th in the NFL with 120 yards per game. The 49ers rank FIRST in the NFL with 196 yards per game. Frank Gore isn't the only guy who carries the ball.

I'll give it up to the Giants for having a more prolific passing game, but come on man, give Niners their due in the run game.

Mbeach49er
10-12-2012, 12:35 PM
I stand by these Stats and the clearly better team is the Giants......who never get blown out, and have 50% more passing yards

You never give up, do you. You are the only guy on this board who makes these crazy statements.

njg85m
10-12-2012, 12:37 PM
How is it a wash on the ground? Clearly the niners have us beat there.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 12:37 PM
How is it a wash on the ground? Clearly the niners have us beat there.

This.

Flip Empty
10-12-2012, 12:38 PM

The Giants are a pass-first offense who are constantly playing from behind; the Niners are a run-first offense who are usually playing to hold a lead. Naturally the former is going to have the better numbers.

By your logic, the Packers beat the Giants in the playoffs last year.

TheEnigma
10-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Dude, the Giants have certainly improved in the running game but the 49ers offensive line is way more physical at the point of attack. Are they going to rush for 195 yards a game? No chance but they certainly will top 100+ easily in most of their games. Any football fan will tell you that the 49ers run attack is for real and has to be the #1 priority to stop first before Alex Smith.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 12:39 PM
its the blowout factor........you allowed a team to have their way with you

njg85m
10-12-2012, 12:42 PM

Not trying to stir the pot here, but if we didn't have Eli Manning our Tampa and Cleveland games would have looked a lot like San Fran's Minnesota game.

I do agree though, San Fran is NOT a team that is built to play from behind. The key to beating them is to get an early lead.

Flip Empty
10-12-2012, 12:45 PM
The Giants got blown out by the Saints last year - who won the Super Bowl?

Again, stats are meaningless. Any team can win any game.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Dude, the Giants have certainly improved in the running game but the 49ers offensive line is way more physical at the point of attack. Are they going to rush for 195 yards a game? No chance but they certainly will top 100+ easily in most of their games. Any football fan will tell you that the 49ers run attack is for real and has to be the #1 priority to stop first before Alex Smith.

Can you define way more physical to a team that just rushed for 300 yds (Giants)......they are no more physical than we are
they cannot defend the pass very well..........they will be CRUSHED

There is a post called bummer in the smack talk section where you can get your crow helping on sunday night.......be there, or never post to me again

TheEnigma
10-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Can you define way more physical to a team that just rushed for 300 yds (Giants)......they are no more physical than we are

There is a post called bummer in the smack talk section where you can get your crow helping on sunday night.......be there, or never post to me again

First off, the Giants rushed for 244 and not 300. How do you know they aren't more physical? Oh wait, you don't know anything outside of the Giants as usual. Watch the film and see how fast those guys get off of the line and drive guys back when they engage with their blocks. Like I said, we've improved but the 49ers are clearly a superior running team.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 01:34 PM
who have they added since the last time we beat them?

PUHLEEESSSE.....I gave u the stats and you continue to kiss their losing feet

Flip Empty
10-12-2012, 01:35 PM
It's true - they don't defend the pass well. They do defend well against touchdowns though. The game could very well turn out to be field goal-athon.

Either way, I reckon Bennett is key. TE is their biggest weakness on D.

GameTime
10-12-2012, 01:35 PM

you said the same thing last year for the reg season game and were wrong..
throw the stats out the window and look at reality. The Niners D is better than the Giants D. The Giants O is better than the Niners O.
It will be a game of inches and who screws up the least.

TheEnigma
10-12-2012, 01:38 PM
who have they added since the last time we beat them?

PUHLEEESSSE.....I gave u the stats and you continue to kiss their losing feet

- On the other side of the ball, the 49ers’ offensive line has been one of the best units in the league. Last year’s right guard Adam Snyder was a major liability and Alex Boone (+13.1) has proved to be a huge upgrade. Tackles Joe Staley and Anthony Davis have allowed their quarterback to be hit only six times all year, and they have been even better blocking in the run game. The fact that Davis has the lowest grade for the Niners’ starting offensive lineman at +7.2 suggests that it could be a long game for the front four of the G-men.

From PFF - https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/12/3tfo-giants-49ers-week-6/

None of that will matter because you'll just make some joke about him along the lines of "WOWZERS - Daniel Boone is still alive? Gore is an ordinary back!"

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 01:39 PM
The Giants got blown out by the Saints last year - who won the Super Bowl?

Again, stats are meaningless. Any team can win any game.

...and the Niners eliminated the Saints....and then the Giants eliminated the Niners.

Agree. Stats are meaningless.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 01:41 PM
I dont care if they reincarnate the 7 blocks of granite

they are going down..........HARD

GameTime
10-12-2012, 01:42 PM
...and the Niners eliminated the Saints....and then the Giants eliminated the Niners.

Agree. Stats are meaningless.
they are onlyreally meaningless when they are relatively close in nature. As they are with the Giants and the Niners.
Stats do provide a basis of matchups though.
With that said.....thjis should be a knock down drag out fight won by 3 or 6.....Unless some unsual event of turnovers or flukey plays occurs.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 01:43 PM
- On the other side of the ball, the 49ers’ offensive line has been one of the best units in the league. Last year’s right guard Adam Snyder was a major liability and Alex Boone (+13.1) has proved to be a huge upgrade. Tackles Joe Staley and Anthony Davis have allowed their quarterback to be hit only six times all year, and they have been even better blocking in the run game. The fact that Davis has the lowest grade for the Niners’ starting offensive lineman at +7.2 suggests that it could be a long game for the front four of the G-men.

From PFF - https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/12/3tfo-giants-49ers-week-6/

None of that will matter because you'll just make some joke about him along the lines of "WOWZERS - Daniel Boone is still alive? Gore is an ordinary back!"

LOL!!!

Its nice to see it isn't just Niners fans arguing wth him.

Its all good to love your team, we all do...but REALITY needs to kick in somewhere.

Should be a great game on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing how Frank "Ordinary" Gore plays. SMH.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 01:45 PM
It's true - they don't defend the pass well. They do defend well against touchdowns though. The game could very well turn out to be field goal-athon.

Either way, I reckon Bennett is key. TE is their biggest weakness on D.

This is actually true. They do have trouble with TEs, but usually only when they put SS Whitner on them. They are much better when they have WIllis or Bowman cover the TE.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Marvin you ran up those stats against the leagues cellar dwellers............we are an elite team

Forget the oline invincibility nonsense......we have legit all pros on our dline and our back 7 is not far off that quality

we just moved another run stopper into the saftey position- Stevie Brown

TheEnigma
10-12-2012, 01:51 PM
LOL!!!

Its nice to see it isn't just Niners fans arguing wth him.

Its all good to love your team, we all do...but REALITY needs to kick in somewhere.

Should be a great game on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing how Frank "Ordinary" Gore plays. SMH.

When it comes to facts, I'll always argue for the side that is right in a discussion. Saying that the two ground games between the 49ers and Giants are equal is simply false. Not only are the 49ers superior according to the statistics but they are also better according to the game film as well.

On that same note, I'll go against anyone that even considers Alex Smith to be on the same level as Eli.

Marvin you ran up those stats against the leagues cellar dwellers

Did we not do the same to the Panthers and the Browns in the 2nd half?

Flip Empty
10-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Marvin you ran up those stats against the leagues cellar dwellers............we are an elite team

Forget the oline invincibility nonsense......we have legit all pros on our dline and our back 7 is not far off that quality

0-4 is the epitome of cellar dwelling. That's who the Giants ran up the score on.

What you've said goes both ways.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 01:57 PM
I'll take our two headliners- Bradshaw and Wilson over theirs

Yes they can run the ball........but they cannot pass the ball nearly as good as we can in a passers league

Giants 31-17

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 01:59 PM
its ridiculous to agrue these minutea endlessly

let the game begin and let the guys in the roman colors get fed to the Lions

Flip Empty
10-12-2012, 02:02 PM
I like how you just ignore the points you can't refute. You have no argument - you're just trying to provide science to what is essentially a gut feeling.

You think the Giants will win - that's fine. All this added babble is unnecessary though.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 02:05 PM

LOL.

Those last two "Cellar Dwellers" both have 2 wins THIS season. You beat the Browns who are WINLESS. You are seriously going to use that as an argument?

I never said anything about the Niner O-Line by the way, that would be ProFootballFocus.

As I said before, looking forward to seeing just how "Ordinary" Frank Gore plays on Sunday.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 02:08 PM
I hope Blackburn allows him to break the 10 yd barrier this time........9 is friggen embarrassing..........never saw any runner do worse in NFL history.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 02:09 PM
I hope Blackburn allows him to break the 10 yd barrier this time........9 is friggen embarrassing..........never saw any runner do worse in NFL history.

Again...he had ZERO yards on 6 carries in the regular season and 74 yards in the NFCCG. What 9 yards are you even talking about?

TheEnigma
10-12-2012, 02:12 PM
- The Giants cycled through linebackers all game long, adjusting to the Browns’ formations and trying to find a combination that worked. By the end of the game the Giants were still searching. The group combined for a total grade of -6.5 and was the main reason the Browns were able to match their season high for points with 27. Now, some of their shortcomings can be chalked up to having to deal with Richardson the whole game, but the unit still didn’t cover well or generate a single pressure blitzing. No linebacker played worse though than the one that actually played the most, Chase Blackburn (-4.9). In 48 snaps Blackburn was able to miss three tackles (a fourth was nullified by a penalty) and struggled when linemen got their hands on him. To Blackburn’s credit, his end-zone interception was crucial, but it likely wouldn’t have been that close had he made more plays earlier in the game.

Frank "Ordinary" Gore should DEFINITELY be scared of future HoFer Chase Blackburn.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 02:13 PM
- The Giants cycled through linebackers all game long, adjusting to the Browns’ formations and trying to find a combination that worked. By the end of the game the Giants were still searching. The group combined for a total grade of -6.5 and was the main reason the Browns were able to match their season high for points with 27. Now, some of their shortcomings can be chalked up to having to deal with Richardson the whole game, but the unit still didn’t cover well or generate a single pressure blitzing. No linebacker played worse though than the one that actually played the most, Chase Blackburn (-4.9). In 48 snaps Blackburn was able to miss three tackles (a fourth was nullified by a penalty) and struggled when linemen got their hands on him. To Blackburn’s credit, his end-zone interception was crucial, but it likely wouldn’t have been that close had he made more plays earlier in the game.

Frank "Ordinary" Gore should DEFINITELY be scared of future HoFer Chase Blackburn.

LOL.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 02:15 PM
it was 2006 I believe.......some nut scheduled a Giants 49r game in Giants stadium.......I think it was the 1st or 2nd game that year

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 02:17 PM
game 7 year 2007......we beat you 35-17.........I like that score.......might see that Sunday again

Flip Empty
10-12-2012, 02:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/nMNet.gif

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 02:23 PM
game 7 year 2007......we beat you 35-17.........I like that score.......might see that Sunday again

Uh...2007, Giants 33-15. 14 Carries, 88 Yards, 6.3 Average.

TheEnigma
10-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Remember that game Eli had in his rookie season against the Ravens where he finished with a 0.0 passer rating? I guess because of something that happened 8 years ago, 49ers fans can call him Eli "Ordinary" Manning.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 02:24 PM
I'll have another!!!

uhhhhhhhh 2005? When we whacked you guys around again?????

We've beaten you so many times and abused Frank so many times I get confused

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 02:26 PM
I see the game you are talking about. Its in 2008 BTW and it was 11 carries for 11 yards (and you can't even get THAT right). Dude...ONE game. FOUR years ago under Mike Freakin Singletary.

Man...I can't wait for Sunday...

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Remember that game Eli had in his rookie season against the Ravens where he finished with a 0.0 passer rating? I guess because of something that happened 8 years ago, 49ers fans can call him Eli "Ordinary" Manning.

LOL...this is too funny. Arguing with this guy is just so easy. I get the feeling you guys have to to the facepalm OFTEN with him.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 02:29 PM
I see the game you are talking about. Its in 2008 BTW and it was 11 carries for 11 yards (and you can't even get THAT right). Dude...ONE game. FOUR years ago under Mike Freakin Singletary.

Man...I can't wait for Sunday... seems like you have been losing to us every year since Eli has been around........no wonder you hate us so much

and now you see my perspective on Frank........against us he's a midget

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 02:31 PM
when was the last time you beat us prior to last year the un-officiated ice chip game that ended with no pass interference called?

BUMMER!!!!!

TheEnigma
10-12-2012, 02:32 PM
LOL...this is too funny. Arguing with this guy is just so easy. I get the feeling you guys have to to the facepalm OFTEN with him.

He's a character alright. No question that he is passionate about the Giants but he did request that Bradshaw be benched for the Browns game after his first fumble. We all see how that turned out.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Hey let me be the 1st to call for him being benched Sunday..........he may run for 300 yds

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 02:35 PM
laugh all you like.....we are the NFL most celebrated franchise over the last 25 years when you guys must sit and watch year after year after year after year LOL

wasnt for the officials in the ice chip game we would have won the SB that year too......we had momentum

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 04:24 PM
laugh all you like.....we are the NFL most celebrated franchise over the last 25 years when you guys must sit and watch year after year after year after year LOL

wasnt for the officials in the ice chip game we would have won the SB that year too......we had momentum

huh? I don't speak whatever language that is.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 04:28 PM

Huh? "we are the NFL most celebrated franchise over the last 25 years"

How do you figure THAT?

Niners have won 3 SBs in that time. So have the Cowboys. So have the Patriots. Where does that math come from? Homerville.

...and the "Ice Chip" game (I have no idea what that is BTW), I can play this game too....if Roger Craig doesn't fumble in 90, they may have another SB. If Williams doesn't fumble last year they may have another. Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 04:32 PM
huh? I don't speak whatever language that is.

its year after year after year after year...........disappointing franchise ENGLISH LOL.........man you guys have taken a lot of smacking and spanking from us since the uncalled interference game.......had the call been made the game cannot end on a penalty and even that loser could not have missed a chip shot snap....honestly, did your owner have Trey Junkin on his payroll.....didnt they do prison time those owners? Fast Eddie DeBartorolla LOL

BUMMER!!!!!

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Huh? "we are the NFL most celebrated franchise over the last 25 years"

How do you figure THAT?

Niners have won 3 SBs in that time. So have the Cowboys. So have the Patriots. Where does that math come from? Homerville.

...and the "Ice Chip" game (I have no idea what that is BTW), I can play this game too....if Roger Craig doesn't fumble in 90, they may have another SB. If Williams doesn't fumble last year they may have another. Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

since 1986 we have been in 5 Super Bowls, won 4 of them.......an 80% clip.......no other team has won 4 SBs in that period.......on average we are in a SB every 4-5 years for the last QTR century in a league where math dictates we should only even appear in one SB every 32 years......I'd call that celebrated, successful and something your 1994 Champs can aspire to........good luck......they had only just deployed the internet in 1994, cell phones were suitcase sized.......Bill Clinton was just taking office, have you seen any close ups of Bill lately?.......LOL

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 04:43 PM
...and finally (and this is just for this Joker I'm arguing with...not the rest of you Giants fans....

You say that Bradshaw is so much better than the "Ordinary" Frank Gore....lets look at your favorite thing...STATS!!!

Bradshaw:

2007 190 yards, 1 TD
2008 355 yards, 1 TD
2009 778 yards, 7 TD
2010 1,235 yards, 8 TD
2011 659 yards, 9 TD
2012 333 yards, 2 TD

That would be ONE 1000 yard season. ONE.

Frank Gore:

2005 608 yards, 3 TD
2006 1,695 yards, 8 TD
2007 1,102 yards, 5 TD
2008 1,036 yards, 6 TD
2009 1,120 yards, 10 TD
2010 853 yards, 3 TD
2011 1,211 yards, 8 TD
2012 434 yards, 4 TD

Thats FIVE 1000 yard seasons only broken up by the year he broke his hip in week 11 and was only 150 yards away from 1000. He's also well on his way to another this year averaging 5.4 yards per carry.

I want to make it clear tho to everyone ELSE. This isn't a slight on Bradshaw. I actually like the guy. I love the anger he seems to run with. This is just in response to the guy above saying Gore is "ordinary".

Dude...seriously...give it up. This is too easy.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 04:46 PM
since 1986 we have been in 5 Super Bowls, won 4 of them.......an 80% clip.......no other team has won 4 SBs in that period.......on average we are in a SB every 4-5 years for the last QTR century in a league where math dictates we should only even appear in one SB every 32 years......I'd call that celebrated, successful and something your 1994 Champs can aspire to........good luck......they had only just deployed the internet in 1994, cell phones were suitcase sized.......Bill Clinton was just taking office, have you seen any close ups of Bill lately?.......LOL

That would be 26 years but clearly math is an issue for you. OK...What if I say the Niners are the premiere team since 1981. Nice arbitrary number...why not. That would be FIVE SBs i that time and a 100% win percentage.

Then again I'm sure a Steelers fan can come along and go back to the 70's and eclipse that....and don't even get Packer fans started....

Your "math" is a joke man.

TheEnigma
10-12-2012, 04:47 PM
This is just embarrassing to watch as a Giants fan.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 04:49 PM
This is just embarrassing to watch as a Giants fan.

He really makes it too easy.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 04:53 PM
He really makes it too easy.

I said a QTR Century Dumbo.........show me your pelts since 1994

We will blast you back to reality Sunday. I guarantee you will not be back here with your Mr Nice Guy congtatualtions should you be blown out

If by some chance you face us again in January you will be back here then..........only to be sent home again

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 04:55 PM
That would be 26 years but clearly math is an issue for you. OK...What if I say the Niners are the premiere team since 1981. Nice arbitrary number...why not. That would be FIVE SBs i that time and a 100% win percentage.

Then again I'm sure a Steelers fan can come along and go back to the 70's and eclipse that....and don't even get Packer fans started....

Your "math" is a joke man. Its not math its 25 year reality........I'm sorry your team was cursed by the blown call in 2002
Glad you guys are finally back for more water boarding

Diamondring
10-12-2012, 04:57 PM
One thing a lot of you don't understand that our weakest opponents score more points than the 49er's weakest opponents and Giants still be putting up a lot of points. Now if the 49er's weakest opponents were able to put up points, they have a good chance of winning.

GameTime
10-12-2012, 04:58 PM

We will blast you back to reality Sunday. I guarantee you will not be back here with your Mr Nice Guy congtatualtions should you be blown out

If by some chance you face us again in January you will be back here then..........only to be sent home again
dude you are ****ing embarassing....
you need to put a cap on your spouting.

Diamondring
10-12-2012, 04:58 PM

If by some chance you face us again in January you will be back here then..........only to be sent home againYeah, he is like Satan to come and tempt for some time then be sent away again for longer periods of time hahahaaa.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 05:02 PM
...and finally (and this is just for this Joker I'm arguing with...not the rest of you Giants fans....

You say that Bradshaw is so much better than the "Ordinary" Frank Gore....lets look at your favorite thing...STATS!!!

Bradshaw:

2007 190 yards, 1 TD
2008 355 yards, 1 TD
2009 778 yards, 7 TD
2010 1,235 yards, 8 TD
2011 659 yards, 9 TD
2012 333 yards, 2 TD

That would be ONE 1000 yard season. ONE.

Frank Gore:

2005 608 yards, 3 TD
2006 1,695 yards, 8 TD
2007 1,102 yards, 5 TD
2008 1,036 yards, 6 TD
2009 1,120 yards, 10 TD
2010 853 yards, 3 TD
2011 1,211 yards, 8 TD
2012 434 yards, 4 TD

Thats FIVE 1000 yard seasons only broken up by the year he broke his hip in week 11 and was only 150 yards away from 1000. He's also well on his way to another this year averaging 5.4 yards per carry.

I want to make it clear tho to everyone ELSE. This isn't a slight on Bradshaw. I actually like the guy. I love the anger he seems to run with. This is just in response to the guy above saying Gore is "ordinary".

Dude...seriously...give it up. This is too easy.

I'm sure he is a good back but he does not play in the NFC East (that would halve his numbers) and against us he has had some incredible bad games

Zero for 6 carries?????? 11 yds for 11 Carries????? Incredible ineptitude.......Coughlin would have benched him forever

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 05:10 PM

Why only 25 years tho? Just so you could capture ALL of them? BTW, Niners won it in 88 and 89 as well so thats THREE your your arbitrary number...and they have NEVER lost.

Lets get back to that RB Depth thing tho...this is fun. I love STATS.

Gore:

2005 608 yards, 3 TD
2006 1,695 yards, 8 TD
2007 1,102 yards, 5 TD
2008 1,036 yards, 6 TD
2009 1,120 yards, 10 TD
2010 853 yards, 3 TD
2011 1,211 yards, 8 TD
2012 434 yards, 4 TD

Kendall Hunter

2011 473 yards, 2 TD
2012 201 yards, 1 TD (5.4 average per carry BTW...and went 6 carries for 40 in the first meeting with the Giants last year with a TD...a 6.7 yards per and 4 for 31 in the playoffs...7.8 yards per)

Then there is this Brandon Jacobs guy who will be coming off the bench when healthy....

2005 99 yards, 7 TD
2006 423 yards, 9 TD
2007 1,009 yards, 4 TD
2008 1,089 yards,15 TD
2009 835 yards, 5 TD
2010 823 yards, 9 TD
2011 571 7 TD

and finally...

LaMichael James: (admitedly, college stats because they are so deep at RB he can't get on the active roster)

2009 1549 yards, 14 TD
2010 1731 yards, 24 TD
2011 1805 yards, 19 TD

...and this doesn't even use the guy who has been their 3rd RB this season (with Jacobs and James inactive) Anthony Dixon because he plays both HB and FB and is a special teams ace.

Now talk to me again about RB depth?

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 05:12 PM
One thing a lot of you don't understand that our weakest opponents score more points than the 49er's weakest opponents and Giants still be putting up a lot of points. Now if the 49er's weakest opponents were able to put up points, they have a good chance of winning.

Up until last week the Bills had scored more TDs than any team in the league. The Packers and Lions didn't seem to have too much trouble scoreing last year. Just sayin'.

With the Jets on the other hand, you may have a point...

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 05:13 PM
I'm sure he is a good back but he does not play in the NFC East (that would halve his numbers) and against us he has had some incredible bad games

Zero for 6 carries?????? 11 yds for 11 Carries????? Incredible ineptitude.......Coughlin would have benched him forever

Man...can you stop proving me right? I want to think there is a rational thought in there somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 05:17 PM
dude you are ****ing embarassing....
you need to put a cap on your spouting.

LOL.

The fun part is he seems so blissfully unaware that he is being handed his lunch right now.

Again...much respect to the Giants. They have proved they can beat anyone at any time.....its just this joker I take issue with.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Marvin, Marvin, Marvin

WE are a pass happy team.......we go Airborne all the time.......we play a different more modern, less neanderthal game
Sure we can run but we do not obssess about it
We had to do this to compete with the PATS, Saints, Dallas, Eagles and GB. At some point you guys will come to realize the running aint getting you to the SB

You will have to draft or aquire a gunslinger.....at some point to play with the big boys

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 05:19 PM
I'm blissfull alright ........Sunday night I will be on Cloud 9

bigblue2088
10-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Alex Smith surprised me this year, he's been playing efficiently well, but the Giants still have the clear advantage in the passing game though. the Niner's running game is better than the Giants'. not way better but still significantly

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Marvin, Marvin, Marvin

WE are a pass happy team.......we go Airborne all the time.......we play a different more modern, less neanderthal game
Sure we can run but we do not obssess about it
We had to do this to compete with the Saints, Dallas, Eagles and GB. At some point you guys will come to realize the running aint getting you to the SB

You will have to draft or aquire a gunslinger.....at some point to play with the big boys

LOL..wow. You really have no clue.....Lemme give you a quick lesson about why the Niners are succeeding.

Back in the 70s in was a run oriented league. You needed a crushing running game and a great D to win. Along came a few teams that challenged that notion and realized that it was alot easier to take a different tact...use the size of the other players against them. The Chargers did that and later the Niners did that. They were called "finesse" teams. They were told it's a running league and those offenses could never succeed. Paul Brown actually passed over Bill Walsh as a head coach for the Browns because of this. Bill instead ended up at Stanford and then SF. Don Coryell of the Chargers and Bill Walsh changed the entire perception of the passing game by running counter to the conventional wisdom.

Fast forward 30 years.

Its a passing league. The prevailing wisdom is that you need to pass the ball 50 times per game to win. You need a premiere QB. Defenses counter with uber fast edge rushers and smaller, ultra fast DBs.

Along comes an offense that is NOT Neanderthal, but actually innovates in the RUN game. They overstack the line and run counter. They throw deep passes out of Jumbo sets. They shift the LT to the right side and have the TE play LT...and then he goes out for a pass while the QB sprints the other way. Now you have SEVEN 300+ lb men crushing smaller, lighter defensive players who are built to stop the pass.

THAT is how the 49ers are winning. Don't kid yourself....the Niners run a very complicated offense with a HUGE number of formations and shifts with a multitude of plays that all start out looking exactly the same.

Who is neatherthal now sparky?

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Alex Smith surprised me this year, he's been playing efficiently well, but the Giants still have the clear advantage in the passing game though. the Niner's running game is better than the Giants'. not way better but still significantly

The stats do not show that Bradshaw 5.1, Gore 5.4 that is not significant...........plus Bradshaw has 3 Studs behind him.....Gore does not

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 05:28 PM

This I can't argue with. I like Alex, but he isn't Eli. He is doing so well this year mostly because he has a fantastic OC who gives him wide open looks and their running game forces you to respect play action.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 05:28 PM
LOL..wow. You really have no clue.....Lemme give you a quick lesson about why the Niners are succeeding.

Back in the 70s in was a run oriented league. You needed a crushing running game and a great D to win. Along came a few teams that challenged that nothion and realized that it was alot easier to take a different tact...use the size of the other players against them. The Chargers did that and later the Niners did that. They were called "finesse" teams. They were told it's a running league and those offenses could never succeed. Paul Brown actually passed over Bill Walsh as a head coach for the Browns because of this. Bill instead ended up at Stanford and then SF. Don Coryell of the Chargers and Bill Walsh changed the entire perception of the passing game by running counter to the conventionl wisdom.

Fast forward 30 years.

Its a passing league. The prevailing wisdom is that you need to pass the ball 50 times per game to win. You need a premiere QB. Defenses counter with uber fast edge rushers and smaller, ultra fast DBs.

Along come an offense that is NOT Neanderthal, but actually innovates in the RUN game. The overstack the line and run counter. They throw deep passes out of Jumbo sets. They shift the LT to the right side and have the TE play LT...and then he goes out for a pass while the QB sprints the other way. Now you have SEVEN 300+ lb men crushing smaller, lighter defensive players who are built to stop the pass.

THAT is how the 49ers are winning. Don't kid yourself....the Niners run a very complicated offense with a HUGE number of formations and shifts with a multitude of plays that all start out looking exactly the same.

Who is neatherthal now sparky?

You guys........Alex Smith is a so-so Game Manager..........Eli is headed to the Hall of Fame

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 05:31 PM
The stats do not show that Bradshaw 5.1, Gore 5.4 that is not significant...........plus Bradshaw has 3 Studs behind him.....Gore does not

Hunter, Jacobs, LaMichael James. READ previous post.

TheEnigma
You guys........Alex Smith is a so-so Game Manager..........Eli is headed to the Hall of Fame

How did that dispute anything he said? I'm glad to read that paragraph because from the few games I've seen on the 49ers, I knew what my eyes caught was an innovative running game that not only has physical power but tricks opposing defenses as well. What that tells me is while the 49ers offense is very good, it's not unstoppable as long as you play disciplined football.

BParcells777
I like Alex Smith, and when you finally bring in a stud QB I would love to have Smith as a back up QB behind Perrilloux......we would keep Alex on the practice squad

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 05:32 PM

and that has exactly what to do with what I said?

Nothing....because it was clearly WAY over your head...which is looking more and more like a low bar to clear.

bigblue2088
10-12-2012, 05:33 PM
The stats do not show that Bradshaw 5.1, Gore 5.4 that is not significant...........plus Bradshaw has 3 Studs behind him.....Gore does nottrue but I think Gore's a better RB, just imho tho

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 05:34 PM
How did that dispute anything he said? I'm glad to read that paragraph because from the few games I've seen on the 49ers, I knew what my eyes caught was an innovative running game that not only has physical power but tricks opposing defenses as well. What that tells me is while the 49ers offense is very good, it's not unstoppable as long as you play disciplined football.

Thats fair.

The whole idea is to be creative in the run game. Ther is a reason Toby Gehhart was so good at Stanford. There is a reason why they still ran more than they threw with Andrew Luck. There is a reason NINE players had a carry against the Jets and another SEVEN had carries against the Bills.

This is NOT a boring 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense. They are ATTEMPTING to do something new and challenge the conventional wisdom.

So far its working. We'll see if it continues to work.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 05:35 PM
I like Alex Smith, and when you finally bring in a stud QB I would love to have Smith as a back up QB behind Perrilloux......we would keep Alex on the practice squad

Again....completely not arguing my point...because you CAN'T. Pathetic.

Imgrate
10-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Not sure who's dumber. Jakk or the people that can't help themselves from conversing with him. End the jakk mania! Please stop wasting your time.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 05:37 PM
It must be frustrating knowing all your big time rivals have big time QBs and you have your little QBR Game Manager.......its unfair

Hey Hey!!!! I have something to cheer you up- all the "Experts" are picking you to win Sunday WOOWOO!!!!!........Monday they will be back beating the Chicago, Atlanta, Houston Drum.....They HATE the Giants more than you guys do.......We spoiled the perfect teams perfect season and will never be forgiven........its like being Roger Maris, with the Hunchback of Notre Dame as your HC.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 05:41 PM
It must be frustrating knowing all your big time rivals have big time QBs and you have your little QBR Game Manager.......its unfair

Hey Hey!!!! I have something to cheer you up- all the "Experts" are picking you to win Sunday WOOWOO!!!!!........Monday they will be back beating the Chicago, Atlanta, Houston Drum.....They HATE the Giants more than you guys do.......We spoiled the perfect teams perfect season and will never be forgiven........its like being Roger Maris, with the Hunchback of Notre Dame as your HC.

Not really....In the past year the 49ers have beaten...

Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Eli Manning
Matt Stafford (twice).

Niners are just fine with Alex. He isn't Any of those guys, but he doesn't need to be.

bigblue2088
10-12-2012, 05:41 PM

Hey Hey!!!! I have something to cheer you up- all the "Experts" are picking you to win Sunday WOOWOO!!!!!........Monday they will be back beating the Chicago, Atlanta, Houston Drum.....They HATE the Giants more than you guys do.......We spoiled the perfect teams perfect season and will never be forgiven........its like being Roger Maris, with the Hunchback of Notre Dame as your HC."experts" not picking us? dammnnn never had that happen before. I'm happy we finally underdogs this year

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Not sure who's dumber. Jakk or the people that can't help themselves from conversing with him. End the jakk mania! Please stop wasting your time.

Is that this dudes real name? LOL.

Not really arguing to change his mind. Just enjoying the beat down on a Friday before I go home from work. :-)

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Oh he needs to be.........you just will never admit it

bigblue2088
10-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Not really....In the past year the 49ers have beaten...

Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Eli Manning
Matt Stafford (twice).

Niners are just fine with Alex. He isn't Any of those guys, but he doesn't need to be.And unfortunately that's what makes you guys dangerous, you know how to use him, you don't need him throwing for 400 a game

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Oh he needs to be.........you just will never admit it

What I think is funny is that you have still not responded to my message about the neanderthal offense. I think its because you can't.

See if you can prove me wrong....

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 05:44 PM
And unfortunately that's what makes you guys dangerous, you know how to use him, you don't need him throwing for 400 a game

Exactly.

TheEnigma
10-12-2012, 05:44 PM
http://www.allmystery.de/i/t8l1kTV_d30dd_ORIG-Popcorn_02_Stephen_Colbert.gif

Imgrate
10-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Is that this dudes real name? LOL.Not really arguing to change his mind. Just enjoying the beat down on a Friday before I go home from work. :-)He was originally on these forums as jakkstroud. Has been banned multiple times and this is his new name. There is absolutely no reason to ever talk to him. Nothing he says ever makes sense and he never actually responds to what you say to him

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 06:02 PM
He was originally on these forums as jakkstroud. Has been banned multiple times and this is his new name. There is absolutely no reason to ever talk to him. Nothing he says ever makes sense and he never actually responds to what you say to him

WOOOOOOOWWW!!!!

That describes my experience to a "T". LOL!!

BillTheGreek
10-12-2012, 06:03 PM

Man...I can't wait for Sunday...
Marvin, don't watch the 4th Quarter on Sunday !.................Remember what I told you, Superman shows up for the Giants, with about 3 minutes left in the game and the rest is history UNLESS you guys have Kryptonite ! Then the G-men will have to rely on Lawrence Tynes,

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Marvin, don't watch the 4th Quarter on Sunday !.................Remember what I told you, Superman shows up for the Giants, with about 3 minutes left in the game and the rest is history UNLESS you guys have Kryptonite ! Then the G-men will have to rely on Lawrence Tynes,

LOL. We'll see. You could very well be right, but the 3 minute man didn't show up too much last year (until Williams fumbled).

We may have Kryptonite.....Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, Navorro Bowman, and Aldon Smith. :-)

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 06:10 PM
What I think is funny is that you have still not responded to my message about the neanderthal offense. I think its because you can't.

See if you can prove me wrong....

If we had any less effective a running game I would give a blankety blank blank..........you are going down hard on Sunday.....but keep your chin up. you will have been stepped on by the World's Champions.......no shame in that

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Hey Marvin you're a good sport but I leave you with a Shakespearean thought and please disregard the gender, I'm not trying to imply you are feminine

"The Lady doth protest too much".........in other words you are arguing way too hard for someone who has confidence you will prevail
and that your vaunted runnng game will protect you from the wrath of Eli

Talk is cheap.......Play the game!!

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 06:20 PM
If we had any less effective a running game I would give a blankety blank blank..........you are going down hard on Sunday.....but keep your chin up. you will have been stepped on by the World's Champions.......no shame in that

Ya...pretty clear you still don't understand it. Thats OK. You can take the short bus home now.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Hey Marvin you're a good sport but I leave you with a Shakespearean thought and please disregard the gender, I'm not trying to imply you are feminine

"The Lady doth protest too much".........in other words you are arguing way too hard for someone who has confidence you will prevail
and that your vaunted runnng game will protect you from the wrath of Eli

Talk is cheap.......Play the game!!

Nah...it would just be nice if you at least argued on topic.

CALI49ER
10-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Yards % TD INT QBR

1579 65.0 10 5 96.0 Eli

On the ground its a wash

Teams

Both Teams blew out inferior opponents twice.......both have played quality teams twice- The 49rs won one and were blown out in the other.......The Giant lost both, but both games came down to the final possession

You consider losing 24-13 to the vikes a blowout ?

CALI49ER
10-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Rushing Offense
SF-981 on 161 att
NY-601 on126 att

Our rushing offense is based on collective team attempts. in harbaugh's offense everyone gets to rush we had 9 players who he used as rushers against Buf and 7 against NYJ also we have 35 morerushing attempts because we've had leads thus less passing attempts and yards... Fact

Eli vs Smitty

Eli-att 199 comp 129 for 1545 passing yards
Smitty-att 139 comp 95 for 1027 passing yards

NYG have 2 losses so of course abandoning the run to try to come back is the natural thing to do. eli having more passing yards is a giving when you have to abandon the run and pass eXclusively to try and get the lead back thus more passing yards and attempts....

YOU SEE HOW THIS WORKS BRAH

Lets not be foolish people ELI>>>>>>>>>>>>Smitty

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 07:18 PM
You consider losing 24-13 to the vikes a blowout ?

Yeah...I've been through that one with him. Don't bother. Lunatic Fringe. Even his fellow Giants fans can't stand him.

Marvin49
10-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Rushing Offense
SF-981 on 161 att
NY-601 on126 att

Our rushing offense is based on collective team attempts. in harbaugh's offense everyone gets to rush we had 9 players who he used as rushers against Buf and 7 against NYJ also we have 35 morerushing attempts because we've had leads thus less passing attempts and yards... Fact

Eli vs Smitty

Eli-att 199 comp 129 for 1545 passing yards
Smitty-att 139 comp 95 for 1027 passing yards

NYG have 2 losses so of course abandoning the run to try to come back is the natural thing to do. eli having more passing yards is a giving when you have to abandon the run and pass eXclusively to try and get the lead back thus more passing yards and attempts....

YOU SEE HOW THIS WORKS BRAH

Again...well covered territory.....pointless to argue with him.

CALI49ER
10-12-2012, 07:32 PM

LOL this parcell guy is one of the worst trolls on the world wide web..

Passing defense
SF -att167 comp100 pct% 59.9 passing yards giving up 906 ... RNAKED #4

NY-att155 comp97 pct%62.6 Passing yads giving up 1307 ...Ranked#23

thruth of the matter is teams pass on us more because we have the Best rush defense in the league #52-53 ... thus 167 attempted passes against us

while you guys cant stop the run so teams a running right up the gut on you

we dont defend the pass well... LOL
Teams have passed against us more and we've defended it better LMMFAO

Joke thread MODS please Delete...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/position/defense

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Nah...it would just be nice if you at least argued on topic.
but you want to argue that your team has reinvented itself and has turned lead into gold

frankly you are the same overblown team we handled in your house in january, while our team has come a long way

I dare you to guarantee you will meet me here at 9PM Eastern Sunday night to explain to me why your team was just manhandled

I'd like to know how all the fancy running formations got frank gore another 11 yds on 11 carries LOL HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

You guys have been losers since 1994..........nothing has changed....you just will now be moving up the food chain to lose to the elite teams of the NFL

but lose you will

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 07:54 PM
If you guys think I'm a troll so be it.......Sunday night you will think I'm Nostradamus

see you then Boys

Ballllinnnnnnn
10-12-2012, 07:59 PM
You are a troll

CALI49ER
10-12-2012, 08:02 PM
but you want to argue that your team has reinvented itself and has turned lead into gold

frankly you are the same overblown team we handled in your house in january, while our team has come a long way

I dare you to guarantee you will meet me here at 9PM Eastern Sunday night to explain to me why your team was just manhandled

I'd like to know how all the fancy running formations got frank gore another 11 yds on 11 carries LOL HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

You guys have been losers since 1994..........nothing has changed....you just will now be moving up the food chain to lose to the elite teams of the NFL

but lose you will

lol im predicting a wide margin win.... 2 Scores easily SF

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 08:21 PM
lol im predicting a wide margin win.... 2 Scores easily SF

cool....pledge to come back here and take your beating if you are wrong.......I'll be here

win or lose

CALI49ER
10-12-2012, 08:27 PM
cool....pledge to come back here and take your beating if you are wrong.......I'll be here

win or lose

I solomly swear to be here at 4:30PM PST

win or lose

ill also be here in janurary come playoff time

i fully expect a repeat of last years NFCGG both teams are capable of such run

Ill also be drunk *** hell so forgive me in advance....

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 08:30 PM
I solemly swear to be hear at 4:30PM PST

win or lose

ill also be hear in janurary come playoff time

i fully expect a repeat of last years NFCGG both teams are capable of such run

Ill also be drunk *** hell so forgive me in advance....

I believe you and I promise not to belittle you guys in any way........the game will be over by then and the score will speak for itself- no excuses

JPP=BEASTMODE
10-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Stats are overated.

look@dafilm
10-12-2012, 11:33 PM
I'm finding my way back to the boards but its becoming painfully obvious even to someone that's been here for a few days that BP is one of the bigger active trolls you have, lol

BParcells777
10-13-2012, 06:52 AM
Stats are overated.

Your right ignore the facts.......go with the "experts" .........if you want to get it backwards

Flip Empty
10-13-2012, 07:37 AM
*you're

Captain Chaos
10-13-2012, 09:04 AM
Stats don't really tell you much as you can present them in any number of favorable ways. I think the key is to look at the one game that the 49ers lost and see what happened there and see if we can take advantage of the weaknesses that Minnesota found. I really don't think that the 49er's offense is that potent but the D is extremely good. We need to hold their D and score our points. I would feel better with a totally healthy Bennett!

BParcells777
10-13-2012, 10:08 AM
facts like sack totals, turnovers, pts for, pts against do have weight........the only variable is the oposition you have faced and they have faced

these guys have gone up against a lot of bad teams and cannot get ot the QB more than once per game.......to think that will explode Sunday is asking a lot
especially against one of the best pass protecting teams in the NFL

rtahsin
10-13-2012, 10:27 AM
Stop feeding the troll. Honestly I think he's enjoying this a little more than you Marvin. All level headed giants and 49ers fans know that the game on Sunday will most likely come down to the last possession. Regardless, it's gonna be a great game. Go Giants!

Flip Empty
10-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Stop feeding the troll.
I enjoy it haha. This one's a bit weak though. Can't argue so just spouts random crap.

CALI49ER
10-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Stats don't really tell you much as you can present them in any number of favorable ways. I think the key is to look at the one game that the 49ers lost and see what happened there and see if we can take advantage of the weaknesses that Minnesota found. I really don't think that the 49er's offense is that potent but the D is extremely good. We need to hold their D and score our points. I would feel better with a totally healthy Bennett!

well according to your logic we should be able to look at the GAMES you have lost and see what happened there and see if we can take advantage of the weaknesses Dallas, and Filly found. I really dont think NY offense is that potent because you were LOSING in two games causing you to pass more inflating your passing numbers. your D is ranked #24 in total defense. your ranked#23 against the pass and #18 in rushing yrds allowed.

#24 Total D vs
#23 in passing vs
#18 against the run vs

SF- 13.6 pts per game

Ny -22.3 pts per game

giantsfan420
10-13-2012, 01:23 PM
well according to your logic we should be able to look at the GAMES you have lost and see what happened there and see if we can take advantage of the weaknesses Dallas, and Filly found. I really dont think NY offense is that potent because you were LOSING in two games causing you to pass more inflating your passing numbers. your D is ranked #24 in total defense. your ranked#23 against the pass and #18 in rushing yrds allowed.

#24 Total D vs
#23 in passing vs
#18 against the run vs

SF- 13.6 pts per game

Ny -22.3 pts per game

well, we're top 3 in like each offensive stat IIRC. we're missing a main cog of our D with canty on the PUP...pts per game, yds per game, pass yds per game etc ell top 3, only offensive stat we're not is rushing ypg and thats 12th.

u guys are nasty vs the run, but not as nasty vs the pass. and now that the refs will be aware of the illegal tactic ur DL uses, i'd expect u wont get as much pressure on eli. we'll see

CALI49ER
10-13-2012, 02:01 PM
well, we're top 3 in like each offensive stat IIRC. we're missing a main cog of our D with canty on the PUP...pts per game, yds per game, pass yds per game etc ell top 3, only offensive stat we're not is rushing ypg and thats 12th.

u guys are nasty vs the run, but not as nasty vs the pass. and now that the refs will be aware of the illegal tactic ur DL uses, i'd expect u wont get as much pressure on eli. we'll see

Why do you guys keep saying we suck in pass defense???

WE ARE RANKED #4 IN PASSING... LOL.....

WERE DEFENDING THE PASS BETTER THAN WE ARE DEFENDING RUSHERS WTF!!!!!!!!

TheEnigma
10-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Why do you guys keep saying we suck in pass defense???

WE ARE RANKED #4 IN PASSING... LOL.....

WERE DEFENDING THE PASS BETTER THAN WE ARE DEFENDING RUSHERS WTF!!!!!!!!

- If there is any position group on San Francisco that hasnít been outstanding so far, it would have to be the secondary. Second-year man Chris Culliver has been excellent, only allowing a reception every 29 snaps in coverage. However, starting cornerbacks Tarell Brown and Carlos Rodgers have combined to allow 450 yards and an NFL QB rating of 101.3 when QBs throw into their coverage, and they have not been able to build off a strong 2011 campaign. Of the two starting safeties, Dashon Goldson has been the teamís strongest player in pass coverage, while Donte Whitner has been the weakest. Heís also missed an NFL fourth-worst eight tackles, one more than he missed in the whole of 2011 including the playoffs. They will face a very tough task against Manning and a great group of Giants receivers.

So you have two good DBs in Culliver and Goldson but why should we be scared of Rogers (Who we regularly abused in the NFCE), Brown, and Whitner?

BParcells777
10-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Well after we pummel you guys 38-17 maybe our lousy stats will improve a bit

you play in the weak sister NFC West.........of course you have good stats......the little sisters of the poor would thrive out there LOL

rtahsin
10-13-2012, 07:25 PM
- If there is any position group on San Francisco that hasnít been outstanding so far, it would have to be the secondary. Second-year man Chris Culliver has been excellent, only allowing a reception every 29 snaps in coverage. However, starting cornerbacks Tarell Brown and Carlos Rodgers have combined to allow 450 yards and an NFL QB rating of 101.3 when QBs throw into their coverage, and they have not been able to build off a strong 2011 campaign. Of the two starting safeties, Dashon Goldson has been the teamís strongest player in pass coverage, while Donte Whitner has been the weakest. Heís also missed an NFL fourth-worst eight tackles, one more than he missed in the whole of 2011 including the playoffs. They will face a very tough task against Manning and a great group of Giants receivers.

So you have two good DBs in Culliver and Goldson but why should we be scared of Rogers (Who we regularly abused in the NFCE), Brown, and Whitner?

That's a great point. I didn't realize that Whitner and Rogers are playing so badly. That's why I sometimes think teams stats are a bit skewed; that they kind of hide the real truth. They generalize a team's play which can be misleading. It's the stats within the stats that matter.

Sarcasman
10-13-2012, 07:29 PM
Not trying to stir the pot here, but if we didn't have Eli Manning our Tampa and Cleveland games would have looked a lot like San Fran's Minnesota game.

I do agree though, San Fran is NOT a team that is built to play from behind. The key to beating them is to get an early lead.

And the Giants are not a team that starts fast nor one that gets out to early leads.

Which should make for an interesting game.