PDA

View Full Version : WHY CAN'T WE SCORE A TD ON THE 10 YD. LINE

BillTheGreek
10-12-2012, 12:25 PM
It's very fustrating, to get in the red zone and most of the time we have to settle for a field goal ! WHY ?

Will this change on Sunday ?

RoanokeFan
10-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Because you have to cross the goal line? :p

Flip Empty
10-12-2012, 12:30 PM
They want to make sure Tynes is earning his salary.

BillTheGreek
10-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Because you have to cross the goal line? :p

That's a very good answer ! But not the solution .

njg85m
10-12-2012, 12:34 PM
We don't really have the capability to throw up fades in 1 on 1 coverage like other teams do in those situations. If I had one complaint about Nicks, it would be that he doesn't make those plays consistently. And you really can't look at Cruz here, he's just not big enough. Barden...well that's another story.

Unless a player is able to break quick towards the sideline (ala Cruz TD last week) our options are pretty limited. Usually consisting of slants or quick underneath throws with high reliance on slot guys and TE's.

Definitely an area we could improve on.

Diamondring
10-12-2012, 12:37 PM
We have three big guys so lets see what they can do. Usualy when you are in tight situations, you got to have a system. One system is putting the ball where your man can get it. For that to happen, your man needs to be at the right spot. This can be taught by the position coaches and disgussed with the OC.

Flip Empty
10-12-2012, 12:41 PM
We don't really have the capability to throw up fades in 1 on 1 coverage like other teams do in those situations. If I had one complaint about Nicks, it would be that he doesn't make those plays consistently. And you really can't look at Cruz here, he's just not big enough. Barden...well that's another story.

Unless a player is able to break quick towards the sideline (ala Cruz TD last week) our options are pretty limited. Usually consisting of slants or quick underneath throws with high reliance on slot guys and TE's.

Bennett appears to be emerging as a strong redzone threat.

njg85m
10-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Bennett appears to be emerging as a strong redzone threat.

Definitely agree. I'm excited to see how we look to him in the future in these situations.

TheAnalyst
10-12-2012, 12:46 PM
I notice us throwing for the endzone a lot when we get in the red zone. And that equals in a bunch of 2nd and 3rd and longs, where we wing up kicking the 3. Thats what I noticed sometimes anyway. Id rather us pound the ball more in the red zone.

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 12:47 PM
The play calling gets pretty ridiculous in the red zone.

Moke
10-12-2012, 12:49 PM
That's a very good answer ! But not the solution .

Sounds like the solution to me. Ways of getting to the solution is what you're looking for.

Flip Empty
10-12-2012, 12:51 PM
It does. That's the frustrating part. The offense would much rather score from 60 yards out.

The Giants need to apply the "Finish" mantra to their trips to the redzone.

Moke
10-12-2012, 12:52 PM
It does. That's the frustrating part. The offense would much rather score from 60 yards out.

The Giants need to apply the "Finish" mantra to their trips to the redzone.

3rd and 2 on the 50 yards line, go for a deep pass.

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 12:54 PM

The Giants need to apply the "Finish" mantra to their trips to the redzone. Yeah, I noticed that too. We strive on big plays, but we can't always depend on them. We need to find a way to consistently score in the red zone, especially against this defense.

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 12:55 PM
3rd and 2 on the 50 yards line, go for a deep pass. 3rd and 25...draw play..

Moke
10-12-2012, 12:55 PM
3rd and 25...draw play..

yes always happens

Drez
10-12-2012, 12:56 PM
I notice us throwing for the endzone a lot when we get in the red zone. And that equals in a bunch of 2nd and 3rd and longs, where we wing up kicking the 3. Thats what I noticed sometimes anyway. Id rather us pound the ball more in the red zone.
We throw a lot in the redzone because our OL doesn't get any kind of push consistently. That also causes opponents to not respect the run game in the RZ, which means the passing lanes get clogged.

BillTheGreek
10-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too. We strive on big plays, but we can't always depend on them. We need to find a way to consistently score in the red zone, especially against this defense.

True ! That's what i'm Talking about ! Eli gets us down there, and most of the time with 1 & 10 they can't score a TD and then they have to settle for a FG ! I am a firm beliver that there is a solution to this problem .........I'm not the coach, but this Sunday and there after it's going to be crittical.....Come on O line show them what you can do .....................New slogan ! "CAN DO"

GMan-67
10-12-2012, 03:34 PM
b/c Cruz runs away from everyone straight into the end zone ... maybe if he decides to start going out of bounds at the 10, then we can get more TDs from the 10

but for me, im good with the big plays ... leave the little plays to the pedestrian teams

BillTheGreek
10-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Sounds like the solution to me. Ways of getting to the solution is what you're looking for.

OK Very simple, this is what i'm L@@king for :
one TD = 7 points instead of ............one FG = 3 points
two TD's = 14 points " ..two FG = 6 points
three TD's = 21 points " three FG = 9 points , and so on !

SO G-Men lets see some TD's

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-12-2012, 05:23 PM
OK Very simple, this is what i'm L@@king for :
one TD = 7 points instead of ............one FG = 3 points
two TD's = 14 points " ..two FG = 6 points
three TD's = 21 points " three FG = 9 points , and so on !

SO G-Men lets see some TD'sGreat job Billy, you now move onto the 3rd grade!! LOL

http://www.inpapasbasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Billy_Madison_Nudie_Magazine_Day.jpg

brad
10-12-2012, 05:25 PM
With Barden back and having emerged to some degree, that could change. If/when Bennet is healthy that only improves that situation.... those are the two receivers you would look for with a short field... it also opens up the possibility to run the ball since there are legitimate threats in what becomes a very crowded field. It is just my opinion, but I think "green zone" TDs will improve when everyone is healthy

BillTheGreek
10-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Great job Billy, you now move onto the 3rd grade!! LOL

http://www.inpapasbasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Billy_Madison_Nudie_Magazine_Day.jpg

I Like that ! lol ....... BTW 4TD's= 28 pts..........................4FG's =12 pts.now can I go up to 4th grade ? ......................but really would you like us to have 28 pts or 12pts.... the truth NOW ?

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-12-2012, 05:48 PM
I Like that ! lol ....... BTW 4TD's= 28 pts..........................4FG's =12 pts.now can I go up to 4th grade ? ......................but really would you like us have 28 pts or 12pts.... the truth NOW ?Of course I would rather have 28 vice 12, however I will take 3 over none as well, just how we lost to Philthy Iggles.

brad
10-12-2012, 05:55 PM
I Like that ! lol ....... BTW 4TD's= 28 pts..........................4FG's =12 pts.now can I go up to 4th grade ? ......................but really would you like us have 28 pts or 12pts.... the truth NOW ?

This is some complex mathematical theory! Let me so... so if you have 6 TD (yeah I skipped right over 5!) you would have 42 but 6 FGs is only 18, which is actually the equivalent of 2 TDs, an extra point, a 2 pt conversion and a FG... right? Someone needs to tell the coaches about this right away!!!

:)

miked1958
10-12-2012, 06:43 PM
It's very fustrating, to get in the red zone and most of the time we have to settle for a field goal ! WHY ?Will this change on Sunday ?well with Nicks out Cruz gets double teamed. He has done well getting 3 TDs in the game last week. However when u get close in and don't have nicks it makes it a lot harder to score. We need to start utilizing Bardens height

CowboysSuck
10-12-2012, 06:45 PM

How dare you question 2 time SB winning coaches decisions tisk tisk

Captain Chaos
10-12-2012, 06:45 PM

I think Barden may be an option for that, he certainly has proven himself!

CowboysSuck
10-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Whats worse, is that ratio of stops in the Redzone on defense to TD's in redzone on offense is about even. So this is a moot point.

BillTheGreek
10-12-2012, 10:46 PM
OK Guys, I'm going to make it very simple, We make those long yardage plays, week in and week out, we get in the Red zone , then when we go to score the TD & we don't ...........Most of the time we have to settle for a FG.... I want the G-Men to change the ratio ! We need some new plays to start scoring TD's ! We have Bennett. & Barden both 6 Ft. 6 In. We have Cruz & Nicks, Bradshaw & Wilson ! And much more. Need those TD's This is a BIG game, OK, a lot of guys say it"s not the end of the world to be 3&3 I say any Loss is UNacceptable, We should be 5 & 0 But thats another story . ........OK TEAR ME Apart ! I'm a Giant Fan and I can Take it.

GIANTS GET FIRED UP ! YOU ARE THE WORLD CHAMPIONS !

Flip Empty
10-12-2012, 10:50 PM
OK Guys, I'm going to make it very simple, We make those long yardage plays, week in and week out, we get in the Red zone , then when we go to score the TD & we don't ...........Most of the time we have to settle for a FG.... I want the G-Men to change the ratio ! We need some new plays to start scoring TD's ! We have Bennett. & Barden both 6 Ft. 6 In we have Cruz & Nicks, Bradshaw & Wilson ! And much more. Need those TD's This is a BIG game, OK, a lot of guys say it"s not the end of the world to be 3&3 I say any Loss is UNacceptable, We should be 5 & 0 But thats another story . ........OK TEAR ME Apart ! I'm a Giant Fan and I can Take it.

GIANTS GET FIRED UP ! YOU ARE THE WORLD CHAMPIONS !
You post like a $2 Ray Lewis :p

BillTheGreek
10-12-2012, 11:15 PM
You post like a $2 Ray Lewis :p

“If tomorrow wasn’t promised, what would you give for today?” Lewis asked the players. “Leave your legacy. Everyday is a new day, every moment is a new moment … Because I’m pissed off for greatness. If you aren’t pissed off for greatness, that means you’re capable of being mediocre.”

greenca190
10-13-2012, 02:01 AM

and we have ourselves a first year law student here...

Moke
10-13-2012, 02:15 AM
and we have ourselves a first year law student here...

And we have ourselves our first smart-*** over here