PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Nicks and Bennett should sit this week.

Buddy333
10-12-2012, 01:14 PM
I think they need them to win, but not just this one game. This game really isn't a must win. It would be a great win because the 49ers are a very good team. At the end of the season though it won't matter if they won this game but maybe Nicks and Bennett are not healthy because they rushed back. I'm sure the team will do the smart thing.

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Both are probable to play this week. If they are ready to go, they should play.

GMENAGAIN
10-12-2012, 01:15 PM
How do you know this game won't matter at the end of the season? From the looks of our schedule, we will need every win we can get to make the playoffs.

Eli TO Shockey
10-12-2012, 01:17 PM
How do you know this game won't matter at the end of the season? From the looks of our schedule, we will need every win we can get to make the playoffs.

you dont sit guys who can play in a 16 week season. Especially against the 49ers. Every win matters.

Moke
10-12-2012, 01:17 PM
This guy just wants us to lose. GO read all of his comments. He makes bets against the Giants I'll tell you.

Buddy333
10-12-2012, 01:19 PM
This game could come back o bite them, but even at 3 and 3 they would still control their own destiny is all I'm saying.

ny06
10-12-2012, 01:19 PM
This Sunday will almost be a month since Nicks has played, will an extra week really be that much of a difference? As for Bennett, he played hurt and is practicing, so I see no reason to rest him for the week. Each game is important, and we're about to hit the teeth of our schedule.

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 01:20 PM
This game could come back o bite them, but even at 3 and 3 they would still control their own destiny is all I'm saying.You can't say that with this schedule. It only gets harder. You need your guys out there.

Moke
10-12-2012, 01:21 PM
This game could come back o bite them, but even at 3 and 3 they would still control their own destiny is all I'm saying.

Listen.

In one thread you complain about how we don;t match with them, and then now you want us to sit them even if they are probable?
Hypocrite

ryan12
10-12-2012, 01:22 PM
"you play to win the game" the giants are very cautious with injurys if they play it means they are healthy enough to play

TheEnigma
10-12-2012, 01:23 PM
This game could determine a potential WC spot or HF advantage. The "least" important games are always the intraconference games.

rainierjef
10-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Maybe you should sit this week buddy!

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Maybe you should sit this week buddy! You deserve this

http://naturalgeographic.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/award.jpg

Moke

Yeah, he should sit on his couch and watch the eagles game.

Buddy333
Talking about the schedule, all the teams in the NFC East have the same schedule basically. The Eagles and Dallas could also lose this weekend and the Giants wouldn't lose any ground if they lost with all these guys out. For the long haul I'd rather have Nicks and Bennett healthy and ready for the post season. Hearing that they may be game time decisions makes me think they are border line healthy and could make things worse.

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 01:27 PM
http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?20909-Giants-Hakeem-Nicks-Martellus-Bennett-practice-today

TheEnigma

"Due to a case of severe depression, Couch Coughlin has decided to send Buddy to the PUP list for the remainder of the season."

Buddy333
"you play to win the game" the giants are very cautious with injurys if they play it means they are healthy enough to playLike I said, I'm sure the team will do the right thing.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 01:28 PM

Hes hoping they do not play because he is an Eagles fan .........they trail us by exactly one game

JB456
10-12-2012, 01:28 PM
I think they need them to win, but not just this one game. This game really isn't a must win. It would be a great win because the 49ers are a very good team. At the end of the season though it won't matter if they won this game but maybe Nicks and Bennett are not healthy because they rushed back. I'm sure the team will do the smart thing.

1) Nicks's precence changes the who dynamic of the game. The Niners will have to focus on him and other people will get open.
2) If Bennett doesn't play, Manning could end up as road kill with the offensive line problems we've had. Do you really want to sit a tightend who can block DWare straight up against a hard hitting defense like the Niners? LoL

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 01:30 PM
[QUOTE=Buddy333;528563]Talking about the schedule, all the teams in the NFC East have the same schedule basically. The Eagles and Dallas could also lose this weekend and the Giants wouldn't lose any ground if they lost with all these guys out. For the long haul I'd rather have Nicks and Bennett healthy and ready for the post season. Hearing that they may be game time decisions makes me think they are border line healthy and could make things worse.[/QUOTE

we are going to defer to the team doctors on this one buddy
hopefully no one is allowed to take a running jump and land on Nicks foot in this one

Buddy333
10-12-2012, 01:37 PM
It's because I think these guys are so good that I said MAYBE they should sit. I know Nicks is a great WR and Bennett is so important to getting the run game working. Doesn't mean they couldn't still win without them does it? Talk about throwing in the towel. I just want o see Nicks out there making TD catches late in the regular season and post season. I want to see Bennett blocking and making the run game click late in the regular season and in the post season.

ryan12
10-12-2012, 01:39 PM
It's because I think these guys are so good that I said MAYBE they should sit. I know Nicks is a great WR and Bennett is so important to getting the run game working. Doesn't mean they couldn't still win without them does it? Talk about throwing in the towel. I just want o see Nicks out there making TD catches late in the regular season and post season. I want to see Bennett blocking and making the run game click late in the regular season and in the post season.

i understand your thought process but this is a huge game

Moke
10-12-2012, 01:39 PM

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Wow dude, you really throw yourself to be the biggest troll there is.

ryan12
10-12-2012, 01:42 PM
ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Wow dude, you really throw yourself to be the biggest troll there is.

MOKE FOR MOD indeed

Moke
10-12-2012, 01:44 PM
MOKE FOR MOD indeed

I mean, he throws in the towel every week and yet he comes and he is asking us if we can win without them and that WE'RE throwing in the towel.

Talk about trolling. It's so blatantly obvious.

BillTheGreek
10-12-2012, 01:45 PM
TRUE!!!!!

Buddy333
10-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Really? I said sit them if they are no ready to play and some of you guys basically say they can't win without them. Probably the same guys that where throwing out the "the Giants have won every game Nicks has missed" line. I said maybe they should rest two guys that are hurting that will be so important later in the regular season and the post season and you guys make it like they have already lost without them. Quitters!

Moke
10-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Really? I said sit them if they are no ready to play and some of you guys basically say they can't win without them. Probably the same guys that where throwing out the "the Giants have won every game Nicks has missed" line. I said maybe they should rest two guys that are hurting that will be so important later in the regular season and the post season and you guys make it like they have already lost without them. Quitters!

I find you hilarious. Otherwise, I'd ignore the **** out of you.

1)Speak English
2)Stop being hypocritical.

repeatchamps

No one's saying they can't win without them. The bottom line is the Giants are a better team with Bennett and Nicks on the field then without them. If the Giants staff think they are good to go, then I trust they are making the right decision in letting both guys give it a go. The Giants may be the most potent offense in the NFL with their full compliment of weapons on the field with Eli and when the O-line is run and pass blocking at a high level.

Rudyy
Really? I said sit them if they are no ready to play and some of you guys basically say they can't win without them. Probably the same guys that where throwing out the "the Giants have won every game Nicks has missed" line. I said maybe they should rest two guys that are hurting that will be so important later in the regular season and the post season and you guys make it like they have already lost without them. Quitters! I think it's safe to say that they are not hurting as much as you would like them to be http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?20909-Giants-Hakeem-Nicks-Martellus-Bennett-practice-today

Morehead State
10-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Do you realize how big a game this is?
This game is friggin huge. If we win, we are the definite favorite to win the division at 4-2. All the other NFC east teams have lost their NFC west games. If we lose, we have a brutal schedule ahead and a 3-3 record.
To diminish the meaning of this game is way off base.

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 01:52 PM
This game is friggin huge. If we win, we are the definite favorite to win the division at 4-2. All the other NFC east teams have lost their NFC west games. If we lose, we have a brutal schedule ahead and a 3-3 record.
To diminish the meaning of this game is way off base. +1

BillTheGreek
10-12-2012, 01:55 PM

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT !................................GIVE THIS MAN A...........> A+

GO G-MEN !

Buddy333
If they lost and they where 3-3 they still control their own destiny. There is a good chance the Eagles and Dallas might both lose this week as well.

burier

So in the NFL the season is only 16 games...making every single game prior to a playoff birth being clinched dire. I don't know where you got the idea that games in october don't matter but that's extremely misguided.

Resting players in the NFL is a soft, feminine mentality that breeds losING and losERS.

Moke
10-12-2012, 01:56 PM
If they lost and they where 3-3 they still control their own destiny. There is a good chance the Eagles and Dallas might both lose this week as well.

You weren't smoking that blunt last week

TheEnigma
10-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Out of all the NFCE teams, the Eagles have the best chance to win their week 6 game. We can't let them get to 4 wins and also have a 1-0 advantage over us.

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm not seeing the logic..

We will be 3-3 going into the teeth of our schedule. How is that going to help us? It's not.

RoanokeFan
10-12-2012, 02:02 PM
It seems both Bennett and Nicks will play on Sunday

ryan12
10-12-2012, 02:06 PM

right on

timmytimm3
10-12-2012, 02:10 PM
It seems both Bennett and Nicks will play on Sunday

and Rivers and Hosley which is huge considering the missed tackles at LB last week and Kenny P being out in the secondary.

It is BIG that these guys are playing!

Marvelousmik
10-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Its pretty simple. What the Op is trying to say is why risk these guys injuring themselves further and having them potentially miss more games when you could rest them this 1 game and make sure that they come back healthy? And i for one agree. Id rather lose this one game than to lose both of those players for another 5 weeks more. This game is not more important than our players health. And the season is still young. i dont care about first place in the NFC east this early in the season. What i care about is that our players are healthy and ready to go down the stretch.

Buddy333
10-12-2012, 02:12 PM
By rest I don't mean save them. I meant if they where just a little off playing could worsen their injuries and make it harder for hem o be a factor later in the season. As far as this game goes, while I can't say it's not important, we also don't know that it will be important. They still control their own destiny and the rest of the East has basically the same schedule. So they all,have a tough road ahead. If the Giants take care of business they make the playoffs.

Buddy333
10-12-2012, 02:13 PM
That's exactly what I mean.

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Its pretty simple. What the Op is trying to say is why risk these guys injuring themselves further and have potentially miss more games when you could rest them this 1 game and make sure that they come back healthy. And i for one agree. Id rather lose this one game then to lose both of those players for another 5 weeks or worst cast scenario more. This game is not more important than our players health. And the season is still young. You can't just decide to lose games, and then say oh we'll bring them back during week so and so. You don't know how the rest of the season will play out. You don't know if we lose the next 5 games after San Fran, then what will you say? we need our best players on the field to help us win. Our schedule isn't a cupcake schedule, it's the hardest schedule in the league, we HAVE to win. As far as I'm concerned, Nicks and Bennett are ready to go, so let them play!

Buddy333
10-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Why are they deciding to lose games if they didn't play? Would it be harder to win without them? Of course. Would they just chalk up a loss and not try? Of course not.

RoanokeFan
10-12-2012, 02:17 PM

We are winning this game

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Why are they deciding to lose games if they didn't play? Would it be harder to win without them? Of course. Would they just chalk up a loss and not try? Of course not. I don't see your stance now. Nobody is saying they are deciding to lose games if they didn't play except for Marvelous. Yes, it would be harder to win without Nicks and Bennett, and no, they wouldn't just chalk up a loss and not try..

I don't understand what you're getting at.

Marvelousmik
10-12-2012, 02:19 PM
You can't just decide to lose games, and then say oh we'll bring them back during week so and so. You don't know how the rest of the season will play out. You don't know if we lose the next 5 games after San Fran, then what will you say? we need our best players on the field to help us win. Our schedule isn't a cupcake schedule, it's the hardest schedule in the league, we HAVE to win. As far as I'm concerned, Nicks and Bennett are ready to go, so let them play!

We could very well lose even with them playing. And we could very well win with nicks the black unicorn not playing. Think of the long haul. The 49ers arent the only good team we will be playing. if we win this game but at the cost of nicks getting a more serious injury, chances are we wont have him for the other tough opponents out there. in that case it plays out to the same thing, but worse if you see my point.

Moke
10-12-2012, 02:19 PM
I don't see your stance now. Nobody is saying they are deciding to lose games if they didn't play except for Marvelous. Yes, it would be harder to win without Nicks and Bennett, and no, they wouldn't just chalk up a loss and not try..

I don't understand what you're getting at.

His ideas/thoughts are all over the place. Wonder how old he is. Either an insane old guy, or just a little child.

ryan12
10-12-2012, 02:21 PM
His ideas/thoughts are all over the place. Wonder how old he is. Either an insane old guy, or just a little child.

lmfao

ryan12
10-12-2012, 02:22 PM
We are winning this game

thats right RF

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 02:23 PM
We could very well lose even with them playing. And we could very well win with nicks the black unicorn not playing. Think of the long haul. The 49ers arent the only good team we will be playing. if we win this game but at the cost of nicks getting a more serious injury, chances are we wont have him for the other tough opponents out there. in that case it plays out to the same thing, but worse if you see my point.You don't even know that. What if they win without Nicks or Bennett getting injured? What if we lose without Bennett or Nicks getting injured? What would you say then? Other tough opponents? San Fran isn't a tough opponent? This isn't the Browns. You can't just say oh well we can lose this game so that Nicks and Bennett could POSSIBLY get healthier for even HARDER opponents.

Morehead State
10-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Everybody controls their destiny after week 6. Please spare me.
Can we still win the division if we lose?...Of course. Does a win here significantly increase the likelihood of our winning the division?...Absolutely.
If we want to be a championship team...THIS game will go a long way in making that happen.

Moke
10-12-2012, 02:24 PM

Or an eagle fan which I'm more inclined to believe.

Ruttiger711
10-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Its pretty simple. What the Op is trying to say is why risk these guys injuring themselves further and having them potentially miss more games when you could rest them this 1 game and make sure that they come back healthy? And i for one agree. Id rather lose this one game than to lose both of those players for another 5 weeks more. This game is not more important than our players health. And the season is still young. i dont care about first place in the NFC east this early in the season. What i care about is that our players are healthy and ready to go down the stretch. Well I think this is where we have to trust the coaching staff... that if these guys are playing its because the coaches think they are ready and wont simply reinjure themselves by going full speed. Now if Nicks or Bennet takes a hard shot to the knee and goes down I wouldnt attribute it to rushing them back... stuff like that can happen any time.

I cant think of a time I can remember the Giants rushing a player back just for a "big game"

TheEnigma
10-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Or an eagle fan which I'm more inclined to believe.

Nah. He's always been the Eeyore of the NYGMB. I think he's just really been playing up that card in recent years since he was never able to shake the title. I get what Buddy is saying but I don't think it's a logical way of going about things with a game of this importance coming up.

Morehead State
10-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Its pretty simple. What the Op is trying to say is why risk these guys injuring themselves further and having them potentially miss more games when you could rest them this 1 game and make sure that they come back healthy? And i for one agree. Id rather lose this one game than to lose both of those players for another 5 weeks more. This game is not more important than our players health. And the season is still young. i dont care about first place in the NFC east this early in the season. What i care about is that our players are healthy and ready to go down the stretch.
Because its friggin football...That's why.
There's only 16 games for God's sake. Every game is vitally important.

Moke
10-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Why do we people think this is baseball?

RoanokeFan
10-12-2012, 02:29 PM
You don't even know that. What if they win without Nicks or Bennett getting injured? What if we lose without Bennett or Nicks getting injured? What would you say then? Other tough opponents? San Fran isn't a tough opponent? This isn't the Browns. You can't just say oh well we can lose this game so that Nicks and Bennett could POSSIBLY get healthier for even HARDER opponents.

What we"re not discussing is the competitive spirit most of our injured players exhibit. Both Nicks and Bennett want to get back on the field and that's great as they are going to give all they have to win. I'm just singling them out, I'm sure the same is true of Rivers and Hosley.

Moke
10-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Nah. He's always been the Eeyore of the NYGMB. I think he's just really been playing up that card in recent years since he was never able to shake the title. I get what Buddy is saying but I don't think it's a logical way of going about things with a game of this importance coming up.

Nothing he says has made any sense. One point he makes counters his other point.

I personally can't stand people like that.

TheEnigma
10-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Nothing he says has made any sense. One point he makes counters his other point.

I personally can't stand people like that.

Remember that thread where Buddy listed why the Eagles would win but his final prediction was a Giants victory? It's classic Buddy!

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 02:36 PM
What we"re not discussing is the competitive spirit most of our injured players exhibit. Both Nicks and Bennett want to get back on the field and that's great as they are going to give all they have to win. I'm just singling them out, I'm sure the same is true of Rivers and Hosley.Of course. I love it. I said earlier they were ready to go and it went over his head haha.

Marvelousmik
10-12-2012, 02:36 PM
You don't even know that. What if they win without Nicks or Bennett getting injured? What if we lose without Bennett or Nicks getting injured? What would you say then? Other tough opponents? San Fran isn't a tough opponent? This isn't the Browns. You can't just say oh well we can lose this game so that Nicks and Bennett could POSSIBLY get healthier for even HARDER opponents.

Anything can happen. When i said other tough opponents i mean, "other teams that are tough as san fran". We still have to play the steelers, ravens, eagles, cowboys , saints, packers. There are other tough games out there and i wouldnt want to risk further injury to any of our players, especially key ones. I am not saying i want us to lose this game. All i am saying is i would rather lose this game and have nicks and unicorn come back healthy than to win and have them sit out even longer. Its an easy concept to understand. Not saying you will agree, but you should be able to at least understand my prospective. I am not saying i want to lose this game.

Moke
10-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Remember that thread where Buddy listed why the Eagles would win but his final prediction was a Giants victory? It's classic Buddy!

I actually remember that. Thanks for refreshing my memory!

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Anything can happen. When i said other tough opponents i mean, "other teams that are tough as san fran". We still have to play the ravens, steelers, everyone in our div. There are other tough games out there and i wouldnt want to risk further injury to any of our players, especially key ones. I am not saying i want us to lose this game. All i am saying is i would rather lose this game and have nicks and unicorn come back healthy than to win and have them sit out even longer. Its an easy concept to understand. Not saying you will agree, but you should be able to at least understand my prospective. I am not saying i want to lose this game. I understand your perspective, it's just illogical. But that's your opinion and I have to respect that.

RoanokeFan
10-12-2012, 02:40 PM

HEY!! Easy on the insane old people...we have feelings too :rolleyes:

Moke
10-12-2012, 02:41 PM
HEY!! Easy on the insane old people...we have feelings too :rolleyes:

You're not insane. Love the threads. Keep it coming!

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 02:45 PM
You're not insane. Well, I'd like to believe you aren'tOooh...

ImElectric2
10-12-2012, 02:46 PM
I think we should sit Eli and JPP. I think they risk getting hurt and I'd like to see them play in games later in the season. Just makes too much sense to sit them rather than risk injury.

ShakeandBake
10-12-2012, 02:47 PM
I don't know what you all are talking about, Buddy is the best troll on these boards.

Buddy333
10-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Like I said, I'd trust the teams decision. Looks like they will play. As far as this game being so important, they lost it last year and won the Super Bowl. A game this early in the year is not a must win. Not when you control your own destiny. If they missed the playoffs there would be a bunch of other games they cold blame it on as they wold have more than tis one loss.

Moke
Oooh...

Meaning he isn't insane :P

Moke
I don't know what you all are talking about, Buddy is the best troll on these boards.

Thanks captain obvious.

Buddy333
Why would they sit Eli and JPP? Are they hurt?

Medisleman
This is must win, the eagles are going to be neck and neck with us all the way and we already lost once to them. We need to win!

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Meaning he isn't insane :PAhh, that's not what you said.
You said you would LIKE to believe he isn't, so that's implying he is!

Moke
Ahh, that's not what you said.
You said you would LIKE to believe he isn't, so that's implying he is!
BAH, DON'T GET TECHNICAL ON ME!

Rudyy
Like I said, I'd trust the teams decision. Looks like they will play. As far as this game being so important, they lost it last year and won the Super Bowl. A game this early in the year is not a must win. Not when you control your own destiny. If they missed the playoffs there would be a bunch of other games they cold blame it on as they wold have more than tis one loss.You're still ignoring the fact that we have a very hard schedule, and cannot afford to lose games.

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 02:50 PM
BAH, DON'T GET TECHNICAL ON ME! I'll save the technicalities.

TheEnigma
I think we should sit Eli and JPP. I think they risk getting hurt and I'd like to see them play in games later in the season. Just makes too much sense to sit them rather than risk injury.

I say we sit Coughlin too. Let him go check out the wine valley for a little break and allow Gilbride to handle the game.

Giant stuck in Texas
Something tells me this thread is gonna be a front runner till game day..............

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 02:52 PM
I say we sit Coughlin too. Let him go check out the wine valley for a little break and allow Gilbride to handle the game.Might as well not even play this game, don't want to risk the team getting injured.

Moke
10-12-2012, 02:54 PM
I'll save the technicalities.

Meow.

But in all seriousness, I love this thread.

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Congratulations Buddy, because of your crazy ideas, the board can all come together and agree on something.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Just reported on Sirius......Nicks feels great, no pain at all after long workout

I think we should sit Buddy for this game LOL

Buddy333
10-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Nicks is a top 5 WR and if he is healthy of course he should play and it only makes them better.

Buddy333
10-12-2012, 03:15 PM
You're still ignoring the fact that we have a very hard schedule, and cannot afford to lose games.Quite the opposite actually. I was thinking of the long run and not just one game. If you don't want o lose this game you certainly don't want to lose more if they couldn't play right?

Ruttiger711
10-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Quite the opposite actually. I was thinking of the long run and not just one game. If you don't want o lose this game you certainly don't want to lose more if they couldn't play right?

This is only true under the premise that they are RUSHED back... if not they face no more risk than any other players who wouldnt be benched simply for perservation.

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Quite the opposite actually. I was thinking of the long run and not just one game. If you don't want o lose this game you certainly don't want to lose more if they couldn't play right? I'm saying that we lose this game we are 3-3 and we are moving into the teeth of our schedule. You wanting to save them for harder games is puzzling, if they are ready to play now, let them play now.

I'm beating a dead horse. It's your opinion and I need to respect that.

giantsfan420
10-12-2012, 03:25 PM
We could very well lose even with them playing. And we could very well win with nicks the black unicorn not playing. Think of the long haul. The 49ers arent the only good team we will be playing. if we win this game but at the cost of nicks getting a more serious injury, chances are we wont have him for the other tough opponents out there. in that case it plays out to the same thing, but worse if you see my point.
the giants wouldnt play anybody if there was a chance of gettiing a more serious injury. thats why he's missed the last 3 games. the team/nicks said he'd come back when he was 100% bc they dont want a nagging week in week out issue. well he rested for oer a month, and he's prob close to 100%

Buddy333
10-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Never said they should save them for another game because of a hang nail. They both have an injured knee. Nicks injury was bad enough to keep him out a few games and Bennett himself said he messed some things up in his knee. I also said I trusted the team would make the right move. I'm sure if they are playing the feel they are ok. Just wouldn't want to rush the back for a game that is no a must win.

GMan-67
10-12-2012, 03:26 PM
i think you should sit this weekend

work on your negativity, maybe get a bit more creatively negative :)

Moke
10-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I think you took it too far Buddy. Your negative trolling is bland now.

njg85m
10-12-2012, 03:28 PM
We're a long way from the Ronnie Lott days of football aren't we?

If you can play, you need to play. What is this 'give him some more rest' crap? He's getting paid to do a job, and if he's healthy enough to do his job than he needs to go out there and do it.

njg85m
10-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Never said they should save them for another game because of a hang nail. They both have an injured knee. Nicks injury was bad enough to keep him out a few games and Bennett himself said he messed some things up in his knee. I also said I trusted the team would make the right move. I'm sure if they are playing the feel they are ok. Just wouldn't want to rush the back for a game that is no a must win.

What are you talking about the game "not being a must win"?

Unless you won the division already and clinched your playoff seed EVERY game is a must win.

GameTime
10-12-2012, 03:29 PM

how is that even a logical thought?? They already have two div losses. The yneed all the wins they can get so the div losses hopefully wont even matter.

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 03:30 PM
We're a long way from the Ronnie Lott days of football aren't we?

If you can play, you need to play. What is this 'give him some more rest' crap? He's getting paid to do a job, and if he's healthy enough to do his job than he needs to go out there and do it. we need to save them for important games, this one we can lose because it's not nearly as important

Buddy333
10-12-2012, 03:32 PM
See I don't think a guy is any less tough because hey sit him in a situation that is not a must win. The Giants have proven that being hot at the right time is most important. So would I risk not playing these guys if I thought they where not healthy enough to play so that I made sure I would have them for he long haul? Absolutely. Again, I trust the team. If they play then they though all was well.

Buddy333
10-12-2012, 03:35 PM
how is that even a logical thought?? They already have two div losses. The yneed all the wins they can get so the div losses hopefully wont even matter.Let me rephrase that. It could matter, but if they lost it they would be 3-3. If they miss the post season they would most likely have 5-6 losses. Any one of those losses cold be an excuse to why they didn't make it if they just missed by one game. You could say he 1st game of the season was more important as it was a divisional game. At this point of the season they control their own destiny and can't blame this game, IF they lost, for not making the post season.

njg85m
10-12-2012, 03:40 PM
See I don't think a guy is any less tough because hey sit him in a situation that is not a must win. The Giants have proven that being hot at the right time is most important. So would I risk not playing these guys if I thought they where not healthy enough to play so that I made sure I would have them for he long haul? Absolutely. Again, I trust the team. If they play then they though all was well.

Can you rationally explain why we shouldn't give ourselves the best chance to win games right now?

njg85m
10-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Let me rephrase that. It could matter, but if they lost it they would be 3-3. If they miss the post season they would most likely have 5-6 losses. Any one of those losses cold be an excuse to why they didn't make it if they just missed by one game. You could say he 1st game of the season was more important as it was a divisional game. At this point of the season they control their own destiny and can't blame this game, IF they lost, for not making the post season.

You do realize that we are winless in our division currently, not undefeated right?

Forgetting all the other ridiculous rationale you used on why this game isn't that important you should realize that if things keep up at this rate 10 wins probably doesn't get us into the playoffs this year. We need every win we can get.

Buddy333
10-12-2012, 03:44 PM
If this was the last game of the season and they needed the win to make the post season hey should limp on to he field if need be. When its only the 6th game of the season it's not a must win and they need them for another 10 games. Again, I was saying IF they weren't healthy enough. I'm sure he team is doing the right thing both for the players and the team.

njg85m
10-12-2012, 03:47 PM
If this was the last game of the season and they needed the win to make the post season hey should limp on to he field if need be. When its only the 6th game of the season it's not a must win and they need them for another 10 games. Again, I was saying IF they weren't healthy enough. I'm sure he team is doing the right thing both for the players and the team.

You do realize that in your hypothetical situation IF we win that week 6 game in the first place, than the last game of the season is no longer needed to make the playoffs right?

I don't think you understand that it's the total W-L's that count when the regular season is up, not what week they are accumulated.

Buddy333
10-12-2012, 03:48 PM
You do realize that we are winless in our division currently, not undefeated right?Forgetting all the other ridiculous rationale you used on why this game isn't that important you should realize that if things keep up at this rate 10 wins probably doesn't get us into the playoffs this year. We need every win we can get.What does their division record have to do with this?

Buddy333
10-12-2012, 03:50 PM
You do realize that in your hypothetical situation IF we win that week 6 game in the first place, than the last game of the season is no longer needed to make the playoffs right?I don't think you understand that it's the total W-L's that count when the regular season is up, not what week they are accumulated.How in the world would you know that if they win this week, game number 6, that they won't need to win he last game of the season?

njg85m
10-12-2012, 03:53 PM
What does their division record have to do with this?

I'm responding to your comment about making the playoffs with 5-6 losses. At the rate we are going in our division we won't make the playoffs with 6 losses. OT, but I was just pointing it out.

njg85m
10-12-2012, 03:55 PM
How in the world would you know that if they win this week, game number 6, that they won't need to win he last game of the season?

Oh boy...

I'm using your example. If they played hard and WON that game in the hypothetical week 6 that you don't think is so important, than the hypothetical 'must-win-to-make-the-playoffs-last-game-of-the-season' is no longer 'must-win-to-make-the-playoffs-last-game-of-the-season'.

Please tell me you understand that.

Ruttiger711
10-12-2012, 03:55 PM
I totally get Buddy's point - I would rather lose 1 now if it means we win 5 later.

But you just cannot assume one will translate into the other, its impossible.

Buddy333
10-12-2012, 04:06 PM
I totally get Buddy's point - I would rather lose 1 now if it means we win 5 later. But you just cannot assume one will translate into the other, its impossible.Absolutely. I was just saying that because they are so important I wouldn't want to risk them hurting themselves even more when they need them for the long haul. It's a long season.

Moke
10-12-2012, 04:11 PM
Absolutely. I was just saying that because they are so important I wouldn't want to risk them hurting themselves even more when they need them for the long haul. It's a long season.

The problem is, they are probable and they might be good to go. So then what? Rest them anyway for the hell of it? Please.

Giant stuck in Texas
10-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Buddy might be onto something.

In fact, I don't even know why we play any games in Sept.

What we should do is forfeit the first 4 games so that we be the healthiest team NFL come Oct. This way we can win out the remaining games, I mean just dominate the **** out of everyone and get into in the payoffs with a record of 12-4!!!!!!!!!! ****ing brilliant!!!!!!!!

Buddy333
10-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Oh boy...I'm using your example. If they played hard and WON that game in the hypothetical week 6 that you don't think is so important, than the hypothetical 'must-win-to-make-the-playoffs-last-game-of-the-season' is no longer 'must-win-to-make-the-playoffs-last-game-of-the-season'.Please tell me you understand that.What I said is that if they didn't make the playoffs by one game and they had 5-6 losses they could not point at this one game as the only reason why. They could look at any one of their 5 to 6 losses as a reason why. Doesn't mean it has to be the last game of the season. It's the last loss that might take them out but that could be two weeks before the end of the season.

Buddy333
10-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Who ever said if the where good to go they should save them for another game because this game is not a must win? I know I didn't.

Buddy333
12-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Maybe it would not have made a difference, but had they sit Nicks until after the bye he may have been good to go by now. He looked horrible in the 49ers game and was not a factor in any game before the bye. He looked like he was getting better a couple of weeks ago and now he is hurting again. He wasn't a factor in their two wins after the 49ers and then they lost their next two. All while he looked nothing like he normally does on the field. This was my point when I started this thread. I would have rather he be healthy after the bye but we will never know if that would have helped. This is just not is year it seems.

RoanokeFan
12-06-2012, 04:33 PM

Why Bennett?

GameTime
12-06-2012, 04:37 PM
IDK man.....I thought last game was a must win....not technically but...
This game is too. They couldnt even score more than 16 with Nicks and Marty.

Buddy333
12-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Why Bennett?Old thread. This was from before the 49ers game.

Buddy333
12-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Had to bring this back. Does anyone think a healthy Nicks would have been really nice to have had after the bye? Now he is questionable for the final game. Not hat it matters because he is not himself anyway. I usually stick up for the coaching staff but this time they messed up. They should have sat Nicks until after the bye.

Marvelousmik
12-26-2012, 06:51 PM
i wanted them to sit nicks myself. But

1. saying that the 49ers game is meaningless makes you look foolish at this point
2. we dont know if sitting nicks would have mattered either way.

Buddy333
12-26-2012, 06:54 PM
It never mattered as much as it would have towards the end of the season.

RoanokeFan
12-26-2012, 06:56 PM
I agree about Nicks, but not Bennett

Buddy333
12-26-2012, 06:57 PM
I agree about Nicks, but not BennettThis was before the 49ers game. Just bringing it up because after the bye would have been a perfect time to have him healthy.

RoanokeFan
12-26-2012, 06:58 PM
This was before the 49ers game. Just bringing it up because after the bye would have been a perfect time to have him healthy.

Sure, suck me in lol

Buddy333
12-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Lol. Something else that is a concern moving forward is his contract. How much do you give a guy that has yet to play an entire season because of injuries?

RoanokeFan
12-26-2012, 07:02 PM
Lol. Something else that is a concern moving forward is his contract. How much do you give a guy that has yet to play an entire season because of injuries?

Nicks or Bennett?

Buddy333
12-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Nicks or Bennett?Lol. Nicks.

G-MENBK
12-26-2012, 07:11 PM
2. we dont know if sitting nicks would have mattered either way.

One shouldn't assume but I'm lead to believe that sitting Nicks for a game or two would have benefited this team in the long run. I don't know how the practices went but I think it would be asinine - if true - to keep having a player practice minimally or not at all and then expect him to perform at a decent level come game day.

Buddy333
12-26-2012, 07:16 PM
The thing is this, he looked horrible in that 49er game. How did they even let him on the field? It was like one if the first plays of the game and he just looked so slow and limited.

GMENAGAIN
12-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Had to bring this back. Does anyone think a healthy Nicks would have been really nice to have had after the bye? Now he is questionable for the final game. Not hat it matters because he is not himself anyway. I usually stick up for the coaching staff but this time they messed up. They should have sat Nicks until after the bye.

Why don't you bump the dozens of threads from last season where you made literally hundreds of statements that were flat-out wrong?

RoanokeFan
12-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Lol. Nicks.

Nicks is under contract until 2014. They have to deal with Cruz this year