PDA

View Full Version : Michael Strahan met with the Giants defensive linemen today

drewz
10-12-2012, 04:06 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/michael_strahan_visits_giants.html

Once a Giant, always a Giant! Hopefully this gives them the kick in the *** they need

giantsfan420
10-12-2012, 04:07 PM
last time he did this, our DL woke up...

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Sucks that they have to still be motivated, but I don't care at this point anymore I'll take it.
Let's go guys..

FlyingTruck
10-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Hopefully he was able to light a fire under their asses. They need to go out there and go straight crazy. We need to start getting to opposing QB's. Lets start this week with Alex Smith!

Giantz4Life
10-12-2012, 04:10 PM
My all time favorite Giant! Love me some Strahan

Toadofsteel
10-12-2012, 04:19 PM
If only he didnt have all the big TV contracts... he'd make a nice D line coach.

ashleymarie
10-12-2012, 04:27 PM
If only he didnt have all the big TV contracts... he'd make a nice D line coach.

Yes he would. But I would miss him terribly on the big screen. Sometimes he is the only one who seems to have acute reasoning abilities.

GMan-67
10-12-2012, 04:30 PM
thanks Mike !!! anything that can light the fire .... i dont think it has been quite as bad as some portray, but it certainly hasnt been good

i actually want to play Tuck at DT ... i dont trust Kuhn or Austin for a NY minute

GameTime
10-12-2012, 04:31 PM
I dont think they need motivation I think they need a better scheme.

Rudyy
10-12-2012, 04:32 PM
I dont think they need motivation I think they need a better scheme.They need both.
Tuck saying he sucks and JPP not having fun doesn't sound like they are motivated to do anything.

ny06
10-12-2012, 04:32 PM
I dont think they need motivation I think they need a better scheme.
And what will that be?

GIANTSED101
10-12-2012, 04:34 PM
I always loved LT but I have to say over the years Strahan has become my all time favorite Giant.

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-12-2012, 04:34 PM
And what will that be?Get to the QB by any means necessary. We havent done it yet, so that means it is a new scheme this year.:cool:

pthere55
10-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Cut their paychecks that will motivate them. How can JPP even say he is not motivated? That’s just ridiculous. He has only been in the league 3 years.

ny06
10-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Cut their paychecks that will motivate them. How can JPP even say he is not motivated? That’s just ridiculous. He has only been in the league 3 years.
When did JPP ever say he isn't motivated? He has commented on saying he's not having fun, but that's something completely different.

Marvelousmik
10-12-2012, 05:15 PM
My all time favorite Giant! Love me some Strahan

+1

pthere55
10-12-2012, 05:22 PM
When did JPP ever say he isn't motivated? He has commented on saying he's not having fun, but that's something completely different.

He sounds unmotivated to me. Itís everything he has been saying to the media. Saying he is not having fun saying he wasnít listening to the coach talk. He sounds unmotivated

GameTime
10-12-2012, 05:25 PM
And what will that be?
I have no idea. I am not a DC nor do I pretend to be one. But whatever they are doing now isnt working and its just not a matter of intensity or motivation.

RoanokeFan
10-12-2012, 05:33 PM
He sounds unmotivated to me. It’s everything he has been saying to the media. Saying he is not having fun saying he wasn’t listening to the coach talk. He sounds unmotivated

I don't think it's his motivation but his frustration talking. He's really new to football, relatively speaking, and he's had a pretty nice run through last year. Now there's a lot of tape of him and people are drawing up schemes to counter his punch. He needs to work hard to come up with another strategy. In the meantime, I'd like to some us use some of the speed in the secondary Stevie Brown) and linebackers (Boley, Rivers, or Williams) to blitz off the edges.

Toadofsteel
10-12-2012, 05:36 PM
I wish Strahan were a couple years younger. Imagine him in his prime lined up across from JPP.

rainierjef
10-12-2012, 05:50 PM
They need both.
Tuck saying he sucks and JPP not having fun doesn't sound like they are motivated to do anything.
dont forget Osi is a nancy.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-13-2012, 02:19 PM
UH OH!!!

LOVE IT!!

BillTheGreek
10-13-2012, 03:19 PM
GREAT ! Now we need a Win !.............and everyone will be Happy !.........except SF !

Go Giants.......... KICK the S#%T out of the 49ers !

Captain Chaos
10-13-2012, 03:26 PM
I think we are really missing the push up the middle, Think when Canty gets back we may have a better push!

BillTheGreek
10-13-2012, 06:25 PM
I think we are really missing the push up the middle, Think when Canty gets back we may have a better push!

Words out that Canty may be back next week ! ...........I hope so, we need HIM !

Go Giants !

B&RWarrior
10-13-2012, 07:07 PM
This isn't going to be that popular but I just don't think our line is as good as advertised. Osi is older and Tuck is stuck in his slump, although he has been active this season. I still think it's good but it's not a dominant line. Strahan, Osi, Tuck, Fred Robbins in 2007- now that was DOMINANCE! Those lines with Stray and the Hammer now that was DOMINANCE.

JPP has to become a technician to reach Strahans level. He need's to find that inner drive b/c Stray came to play EVERY SUNDAY no matter what. I don't care if your "not having fun". You're a professional. Suck it up and put your game face on and PLAY HARD!

jakegibbs
10-13-2012, 07:26 PM
last time he did this, our DL woke up...

What they going to do if it don't work this time then?/? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

embeshAtYa
10-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Startn to think Fewell may suck. Just sayin

ELI_HOF_NYG
10-13-2012, 07:42 PM
now let's "stomp them out".

flimflam
10-13-2012, 08:03 PM
thanks Mike !!! anything that can light the fire .... i dont think it has been quite as bad as some portray, but it certainly hasnt been good

i actually want to play Tuck at DT ... i dont trust Kuhn or Austin for a NY minute

Kuhn is raw as ****. Once he gets some experience, and earns his stripes, I think he is going to be a stout lineman and run defender. Plus the kid has a great work ethic and atitude which is great for this team, especially since he is a foreigner. He'll be a reminder about beating the odds (didn't grow up with football in Germany and made it to college ball) and hard work.

Austin has a world of talent. He also had a reputation for taking plays off. The worst part is that his suspension and injury has kept him from playing for two years. The kid is inexperienced and rusty. But when he gets some snaps under his belt - he's getting a baptism by fire due to our injuries - watchout for him. Canty and Bernard are solid if unspectacular, and really under appreciated, however, they aren't getting younger. I feel confident after watching their play, that if they can both fulfill their raw potential, we are looking at some very good DT heir apparents.

Right now, though I kind of agree because they are so raw, inexperienced, and undisciplined (meaning, they don't have the veteran savvy or experience not that they dont care to do the right thing). It has nothing to do with talent or potential.