PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Couglin will re-insert David Diehl back into the starting lineup?

I Bleed Blue
10-12-2012, 05:06 PM
For starters, I hope not. Leave a good thing alone. However, this is Coughlin we are talking about and for some reason I think he's going to do it. I hope I'm wrong. Diehl has had his time as a starter and over the past two seasons you could clearly see the decline. Coughlin is loyal to his vets, but he has to do the right thing and think about team first. How do you mess with a line that has protected Eli so well and is beginning to show life in the run game? He pulled the same stunt with Ohara in 2010 in that heart breaker against the Eagles. Thoughts?

joemorrisforprez
10-12-2012, 05:16 PM
I don't think Diehl is going to be rushed back into the lineup at this point. A knee is a tough injury for any player, but especially for an offensive lineman.

DaKraken
10-12-2012, 05:20 PM
hope not

I Bleed Blue
10-12-2012, 05:21 PM
I don't think Diehl is going to be rushed back into the lineup at this point. A knee is a tough injury for any player, but especially for an offensive lineman.

I agree, but when healthy, he should not be a starter ever again unless there is an injury.

RoanokeFan
10-12-2012, 05:22 PM
I agree, but when healthy, he should not be a starter ever again unless there is an injury.

Not before he's 100% healthy which, to me, is TC speak for things have been working a little better so let's ease you back into the rotation.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 05:23 PM
No

Toadofsteel
10-12-2012, 05:38 PM
He shouldn't be on the line unless Beatty or Locklear go down... he just gets exposed nowadays, while the 2 starting tackles we have are actually doing okay.

RoanokeFan
10-12-2012, 05:41 PM
He shouldn't be on the line unless Beatty or Locklear go down... he just gets exposed nowadays, while the 2 starting tackles we have are actually doing okay.

Or Snee/Boothe

GMan-67
10-12-2012, 05:57 PM
no, Diehl is not 100% and Locklear has held up OK, certainly the stats have been good ... altho vs. Philly 1st half ... it was a little dicey with pass protection

O-line is about chemistry and this group has something good going right now

and Diehl is an ideal 6th man on the O-line b/c he can play anywhere except Center and even then you could slide Boothe to Center and put Diehl at LG

so, IMO the only way I feel Diehl gets his job back is if he gets to 100% in a few weeks and Locklear struggles

but can we just make that observation without trashing a guy that played the toughest O-line position of LT (even though he was a Guard) for 2 Super Bowl winning teams !!

brad
10-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Right now Diehl is list 3rd in the RT position, they may eventually try to put him back in the starting lineup but it doesn't look like it will happen this week.

tonyt830
10-12-2012, 08:10 PM
maybe he can be used as an extra tackle on a short yardage situation or 2. Otherwise I'm sure Coughlin will not rush things, given the continuity our O-line is developing

Tmurda1984
10-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Reese should send Diehl on early vacation by placing him on IR. Diehl is not trying to block anyone, he just goes through the motions out there...its pathetic. Diehl is the worst tackle in football and should never of been a Left Tackle. We won 2 Superbowls in spite of him.

RagTime Blue
10-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Reese should send Diehl on early vacation by placing him on IR. Diehl is not trying to block anyone, he just goes through the motions out there...its pathetic. Diehl is the worst tackle in football and should never of been a Left Tackle. We won 2 Superbowls in spite of him.

Anyone who argues with this point is only doing so because they know it's true, and the truth hurts.

BParcells777
10-12-2012, 11:19 PM
I think Tom learned his lesson 2 years ago when he re-inserted an old and hobbling O'hara and destroyed our season

joemorrisforprez
10-12-2012, 11:33 PM

Anyone who argues with this point is only doing so because they know it's true, and the truth hurts.

Back-to-back absurdity.

GameTime
10-12-2012, 11:35 PM
no way Deihl starts.....

moosedrool
10-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Week 1, Dallas flipped Ware over to the left side so he could go against Diehl at RT instead of Locklear at LT.....I think that tells you all you need to know.